Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 minute ago, joybran said:

Are you sure that there was a special episode filmed? I thought it looked like episode 7 was the end of their storyline and that talk of another episode was just wishful thinking because so many fans wanted more of them. Since I don't know Korean, I have no idea.

They were going to air an episode on PMY's perspective.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, paldia said:

I know I am going to get some hate for this,but please try to understand my reasoning. The problem with this whole situation is not thet they are dating, it's actually a very good thing, congratulation to them! But going on a "dating" show while you have a girlfriend (a serious one!) and be all lovey-dovey with another woman is so very inconsiderate in my eyes (and I don't mean that it's inconsiderate towards his fans, but his girlfriend!)! A lot of commenters say that they feel cheated and they feel he lied to them, well I can actually understand what they mean. I mean he was going on for years with the "I'm single, alone and lonely, and I desperately need affection and love act", and it turned out he had someone for over a year (Just don't talk about your love life to your fans, don't bring that up!)! I still think he is one of the best actors I've seen, and I am going to watch his dramas because of that, but to be honest I am a bit dissapointed in his character!

no hate here,but some othres may hate me for this. sweat ..

Just want to point out one thing or remind JG's fans. JG mention long ago that he will never admit it, if he ever gets into a relationship... from then we should have prepared ourselves for this to happen as one of the options.  Nothing to be disappointed about... I am happy for him to have found a GF... like finally! 

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, joybran said:

Are you sure that there was a special episode filmed? I thought it looked like episode 7 was the end of their storyline and that talk of another episode was just wishful thinking because so many fans wanted more of them. Since I don't know Korean, I have no idea.

I read the special episode was the same thing but more from PMY's point of view.

18 minutes ago, paldia said:

I think you misunderstand me. I don't feel duped or tricked, I've never said that I agree with all the comments, but that I can understand them. My actual problem is not that it turned out MEC is not real (I haven't even watched it, it is too cheesy for me), of course I knew that! The thing is that the fact he even considered going on that kind of show while he has a girlfriend (secret or not) that is not ok with me. I understand your point, but I think there are other shows and options for him to show how caring, friendly and approachable he is. Just don't go on a dating show (even if it's of course fake) when you have someone waiting for you at home.  

But if I follow your logic, he shouldn't do romcoms either, or any romantic dramas/movies because he has a girlfriend ? 

• Like 6

I have followed LJG career for over a decade now.  I have always wanted him to be happy and to have a family. He said he would tell his fans when he is dating and it is serious.  I just wish he didn't do that "I'm lonely" thing.  It makes him look like a liar when he is known for being honest with his fans.  Please don't attack me for writing that.  It just makes him look dishonest especially when doing that dating show.  Or maybe he really was still lonely while being in a relationship with this woman.  Who knows.

As for the woman,  you can tell the true character of a man by the choice of woman he has on his arm.  

I hope he doesn't receive too much backlash for this and that people will be able to move on.  He has finally admitted to dating someone, he can stop saying he is lonely and he will learn who his true fans are.

Moving on from this, does he have any upcoming movies or dramas?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, theone4me said:

I have followed LJG career for over a decade now.  I have always wanted him to be happy and to have a family. He said he would tell his fans when he is dating and it is serious.  I just wish he didn't do that "I'm lonely" thing.  It makes him look like a liar when he is known for being honest with his fans.  Please don't attack me for writing that.  It just makes him look dishonest especially when doing that dating show.

As for the woman,  you can tell the true character of a man by the choice of woman he has on his arm.  

He has always been honest. He has always said even if he has a girlfriend he would not admit it. He is probably the most transparent celebrity I know. The last interview that I heard of him saying he was single was in Joseon Gunman interview.

Lately, he would always say... Yes I am dating... I am dating the fans... And he always say in his recent interviews... It's hard because I can't date properly.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, LadyOne said:

no hate here,but some othres may hate me for this. sweat ..

Just want to point out one thing or remind JG's fans. JG mention long ago that he will never admit it, if he ever gets into a relationship... from then we should have prepared ourselves for this to happen as one of the options.  Nothing to be disappointed about...

Please read what I replied to Joybran a few entrys back. The two of you misunderstood me the same way. I don't mind he is in a relationship (on the contrary!), I don't mind it came to light. I am not a delusional fan who weeps because her fantasies has been shattered! I don't hate or resent him for his happiness! I'm only saying he shouldn't have accepted to participate in MEC! I very well know it is fake, but (secret ot not) he has had a girlfriend since 2016! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I read the special episode was the same thing but more from PMY's point of view.

But if I follow your logic, he shouldn't do romcoms either, or any romantic dramas/movies because he has a girlfriend ? 

That actually means to me you don't follow my logic! It's okay I don't want to cause a stir in here, so I will just keep my opinion to myself. It was nice conversing with you though, and I am glad I haven't gotten any bashings because of my opinion. Have a nice day!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, paldia said:

Please read what I replied to Joybran a few entrys back. The two of you misunderstood me the same way. I don't mind he is in a relationship (on the contrary!), I don't mind it came to light. I am not a delusional fan who weeps because her fantasies has been shattered! I don't hate or resent him for his happiness! I'm only saying he shouldn't have accepted to participate in MEC! I very well know it is fake, but (secret ot not) he has had a girlfriend since 2016! 

Hi paldia, LJK being in this show is a simple fan service. I’m sure what he tried to do in the show is building friendship & nothing else! It’s not a show where he will be in a relationship with the actress he acts with. In case the rumor is true he is just dating not like he is going to get married to her. I just feel disappointed because the production just cancelled the special video that’s supposed to air just because of this recent news. :(

• Like 15

22 minutes ago, paldia said:

The MEC was about Platonic relationship. I am happy that he accepted that show that now I understand him better. Well, the show was clearly edited like the movie Calmi Cuori Appassionati. That is why I always say it that MEC was done beautifully better than any rom-com dramas. LJG & PMY has great chemistry on the screen and I still hope that they will be in movie or drama together. 

I have been a fan of Korean variety shows... sometimes I come across entertainers complain about the editing. Some say it was edited by the devil because it would appear different compared to the actual shoot. But MEC was beautifully done but sad because some fans are taking it the other way.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 10

2 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi paldia, LJK being in this show is a simple fan service. I’m sure what he tried to do in the show is building friendship & nothing else! It’s not a show where he will be in a relationship with the actress he acts with. In case the rumor is true he is just dating not like he is going to get married to her. I just feel disappointed because the production just cancelled the special video that’s supposed to air just because of this recent news. :(

Hi! Thank you for your insights! The cancellation of the special episode was a realistic move from the production company. I'm sorry :( .But maybe after some time they will release it. After the storm passes! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, girlyponytail said:

As I recall, regarding his relationship, once he said that "Shouldn't I said no even if I have one? I'll say that since my debut because I think that is the right answer" That's why I understand when he denied any rumours related to him. And I don't feel being cheated when he said he's dating his angels although I know there is always possibility that he is dating someone. Its his decision to keep his life remain private.

I feel so sad for him about what happened today. I feel his private life has been hijacked, and people connect it with his appearance in "Candy in My Ear" and start judging his personality that he is flirting when he has a girlfriend.  Maybe it sounds that i defend him, but Candy in My Ear is just a show, which has a director and even writer, and after all he is an actor who will act based on script and how PD direct him.  Well, I assume he will do CM, therefore I guess he wants to give his fans this rom-com variety show because I thought he wants to appreciate his fans who keep asking him to do rom-com drama. I am thank to him that he is willing to appear in CME. I like this show, his appearance, the concept and his interaction with his co-star, definitely better than any current rom-com drama.

Anyway I am really happy if he's dating someone.

I don't want to sound mean but I am actually happy with the news. I think because of it, no one would be pestering him now about doing rom-com dramas. We had MEC and it was better and more romantic than any rom-com dramas.

After watching MEC, I was tempted to liking the idea of him in a rom-com. Now I am sure... I would prefer him to be in edgy roles in a movie. But I still want to see him and PMY in a project together. Their chemistry was just to the roof. PMY does not want to be a candy anymore in her dramas, I hope they will be together and let their craziness in acting explode together, movie would be ideal.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

@theone4me, he had an offer to star in the remake of Criminal Minds, previously on KBS and now most likely on TVN. Co-starring with Moon Chae Won. But no one is confirmed yet.

Does someone know what it says ?

@leesopark16 Thanks for the quick reply.

I hope he takes the offer.  Criminal minds is one of my favorite shows.  I can see him playing a detective investigating crimes.  It would be something a little different for him.  I love him in the historical period dramas but I want to see him in more modern stuff.    I'll be looking out for more news on this.

• Like 5

C8jy2DtXoAEpbbJ?format=jpg&name=large

Now that I look at the pictures again, it's all so creepy, actually. I mean, it's an open parking lot. Were they hiding in a car, waiting for him for hours and days just to get a scoop? 

Ugh, it's so creepy!!! I hate this business of invading people's lives.

• Like 18

6 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Now that I look at the pictures again, it's all so creepy, actually. I mean, it's an open parking lot. Were they hiding in a car, waiting for him for hours and days just to get a scoop? 

Ugh, it's so creepy!!! I hate this business of invading people's lives.

That's dispatch for you ~ stalking celebs on daily basis ! Luckily they are about the only ones who do that. Being a celeb in the US is even more tiring with all the paparazzi everywhere.

@theone4me, same I hope he takes it :) But since we haven't heard anything about it in the last 2 months or so and no new offers out for something else, I think he is in. And with Moon Chae Won as a co-star, and also some great veteran actors (don't remember their names), I'm very excited :) 

• Like 8

34 minutes ago, paldia said:

I think you misunderstand me. I don't feel duped or tricked, I've never said that I agree with all the comments, but that I can understand them. My actual problem is not that it turned out MEC is not real (I haven't even watched it, it is too cheesy for me), of course I knew that! The thing is that the fact he even considered going on that kind of show while he has a girlfriend (secret or not) that is not ok with me. I understand your point, but I think there are other shows and options for him to show how caring, friendly and approachable he is. Just don't go on a dating show (even if it's of course fake) when you have someone waiting for you at home.  

I'm confused. Are you also the new account kekeke09? That is who I was quoting and to whom I was responding. You are both posting the same things in slightly different words--that you understand why OTHER people would feel duped or tricked because he was wrong to go on a "dating" show and talk about being lonely while in a relationship. It seems strange to me that two different people would have this weird idea that MEC is a dating show and that only single people should accept a job on it. If you haven't even watched it, why do you have an opinion about it? Why would individuals who know that reality shows aren't real object to an actor taking an acting job that could help his career? Do you think an actress like Jeon Hye Bin would not understand why her boyfriend should take such a job?

• Like 2

@violina you can name me as the "someone", I'm not going to take it to heart. But I don't see a so called "case" you had to defend. I had an opinion, and you did not agree with it, that is completely normal! Noone was rude, noone was bashing anyone (and that is why the moderators will not have any job in this forum!), we were simply conversing with each other, and sharing our opinions (that can be different), also as far as I know this is what this forum is for! I'm sorry I "triggered" you with my opinion, and with that said, I will not give you any more reasons to get triggered (at least not by me)! Nice day to you all!

@joybran We are not the same person, but it seems like we share the same opinion! I don't see what is so strange about that. But as I see, it is time for me to leave this forum for a while. I don't want to be considered an anti or a troll just because we have different opinions. Bye!

• Like 1