Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, booho said:

i really hope too, at least Top Excellence ( SBS drama award this year really tough competition ) please don't LMH againnn ( sorry for LMH fans LOL )

Yes it is a strong one this time. Knowing that LMH is big and him leading #1 in Soompi Awards for Best Actor got me nervous. I badly want Joongi to win at least something. For him to attend and not win any? Aigoo the awarding really bothers me. Please be fair SAF! I'm sorry too, but LMH is overrated, his roles has been the same :vicx:

39 minutes ago, dlwnsrl88 said:

But LJG not nominated for Daesang Award... Lets hope for Top Excellence Award #crossfinger

Is the nominees have been revealed? Hmm I thought this is something unknown or that SBS will announced them a day or two before the ceremony.

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, yumezu said:

Yes it is a strong one this time. Knowing that LMH is big and him leading #1 in Soompi Awards for Best Actor got me nervous. I badly want Joongi to win at least something. For him to attend and not win any? Aigoo the awarding really bothers me. Please be fair SAF! I'm sorry too, but LMH is overrated, his roles has been the same :vicx:

Is the nominees have been revealed? Hmm I thought this is something unknown or that SBS will announced them a day or two before the ceremony.

Nominees havent been announced yet. Yes I think they announced it a day or two before the ceremony. 

If it is MBC, I'll lose hope. Since its SBS, I have high hope for LJG for Daesang. 

Soompi? I don't think its that relevant. Also, the problem is, there are too many LMH fans on LJG thread. :):):) 

Are there any forums for solid LJG fans?

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

I hope they will receive Best couple award. But for his great contribution to international success of MLSHR drama I expect LJG to receive the Daesang award or at least a Top Excellence Award.

Hmm....not excited about seeing IU joining him on the red carpet actually (sorry guys, but I honestly feel bitter over her character as Haesoo as well as her lackluster performance). I am more eager if they showcased the bromance that is Kang Ha Neul and Hong Jong Hyun joining Joon Gi on the red carpet. I am trying to keep my expectation low knowing how the awards system in Korea works. So, I have made plan to watch the new Matt Damon and Andy Lau's movie "The Great Wall" at midnight and hoping to walk out of theater and reading the great news that Joon Gi awarded with the Daesang. Hoping for some New Year 2017's miracle here. 

• Like 8

@lyserose I have checked the awarding history of the 3networks, it's MBC which was  more notorious for domestic rating = award. KBS & SBS aren't as bad. 

This was in SBS during LJG's Iljimae. The drama rated at peak more than 30%. In fact it was during the time when there was no other medium to watch drama but thru regular TV broadcasting.  However, the Daesang went to Moon Guen Young  for Painters of the Wind which in fact rated half or even less of what Iljimae had achieved. 

With MLSHR wider reception & LJG Wang So which is the best in 2016, in fact, for me the best I've seen in my almost 10 years of watching Kdrama, he is the most deserving for the Daesang. 

• Like 15

Merry christmas to you all ~

I'm really looking forward to see LJG and IU on saturday :) I hope they will win best couple. 
And same, LJG deserves a Daesang for Wang So but I'd settle for a Top Excellence for him and Daesang for Han Suk Kyu because he is a sunbae if LJG can't get it. I haven't watched the other dramas of the alleged competitors, but I don't feel like they are especially worthy of a Daesang for their acting performance alone on those dramas.

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

Nominees havent been announced yet. Yes I think they announced it a day or two before the ceremony. 

If it is MBC, I'll lose hope. Since its SBS, I have high hope for LJG for Daesang. 

Soompi? I don't think its that relevant. Also, the problem is, there are too many LMH fans on LJG thread. :):):) 

Are there any forums for solid LJG fans?

Even I'm surprised that the admin has not intervened to get our attention that this is still LJG thread. I agree with you, there are comments about other actors and their dramas which have nothing to do with this thread

19 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Hmm....not excited about seeing IU joining him on the red carpet actually (sorry guys, but I honestly feel bitter over her character as Haesoo as well as her lackluster performance). I am more eager if they showcased the bromance that is Kang Ha Neul and Hong Jong Hyun joining Joon Gi on the red carpet. I am trying to keep my expectation low knowing how the awards system in Korea works. So, I have made plan to watch the new Matt Damon and Andy Lau's movie "The Great Wall" at midnight and hoping to walk out of theater and reading the great news that Joon Gi awarded with the Daesang. Hoping for some New Year 2017's miracle here. 

I respect your opinion but I think you're too harsh regarding IU performance in MLSHR. In fact I really understand her character and her performance in MLSHR surprised me in a pleasant way. And I said why in one of my previous posts.

• Like 11

31 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Merry christmas to you all ~

I'm really looking forward to see LJG and IU on saturday :) I hope they will win best couple. 
And same, LJG deserves a Daesang for Wang So but I'd settle for a Top Excellence for him and Daesang for Han Suk Kyu because he is a sunbae if LJG can't get it. I haven't watched the other dramas of the alleged competitors, but I don't feel like they are especially worthy of a Daesang for their acting performance alone on those dramas.

Definitely, I wont concede. HSK already won a Daesang just few years back. Besides, LJG performance was 63 levels better than HSK performance.

• Like 11

21 minutes ago, Fragile Geegee said:

Hello to all of you LJG fans:)

This is My first comment here. Actually, I'm trying to cast my vote for LJG on SBS page but its hardly opening.. it has been hours since I've been trying but the page is just not fully opening:crazy:

Is this happening to you also or it just me??!!

For some reasons, that happened to me too using mobile phone which I don't know the reason why as I am not a techie person. So now, I am using desktop to vote. Which gadget are using to vote?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

@Fragile Geegee Welcome on this thread!

I think the problem you have happens because the server is very busy or internet connection is poor. Or maybe the network to which you are connected is crowded. Ha! Ha! I'm not an expert maybe I'm wrong but I bet these days a lot of people cast theirs votes on SBS link.

11 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

For some reasons, that happened to me too using mobile phone which I don't know the reason why as I am not a techie person. So now, I am using desktop to vote. Which gadget are using to vote?

I'm using my phone and the network is working good except for SBS. I also thought it is because the site is buzy with people voting. I will try my best later at night, might work then.

Thank you for replaying my friends

• Like 9

I think for daesang nominee, HSK and JJH already won before, i never heard in SBS historu, Daesang was given to same actor for 2nd time

so the other nominess the strong candidate was Kim Rae Won. last year he nominated too with Punch drama, and yeahh he's more senior. But in 2008 both LJG and KRW being nominee in same category Top Excellence and it was LJG who win the top excellence with Iljimae, and if LJG nominated in daesang too, it means this is the 2nd time they compete in same category LOL

• Like 10

I am so excited already for the SBS awards!! He's walking in the red carpet with IU so I think there is a HUGE chance they'll win Best Couple. For the Kwave star award, I'm really torn because LJG is my fave Korean actor but PSH is my fave Korean actress. Decisions!!hahaha (though I know some of you here are not PSH fans) With regards to LJG, I will stand by my prediction that our Joon Gi will win three to four awards and I'm crossing my fingers that will include Daesang. Moon Geun Young beat LJG in 2008 for Daesang even though Iljimae had higher ratings. (LJG and MGY are now on the same agency.) So hopefully, they will give it to Joon Gi this time around. I agree that Kim Rae Won is his ultimate competition for Daesang. Though I think LJG's acting performance in MLSHR is top notch this year. SBS should give the Grand prize to LJG.

• Like 16

i only watch 2nd movie of RE, even maybe i will sleep on the half of screen time, but i will make sure to wake up when JG's part ahhahahahahaah

btw do i need watch the 5th movie before to understand the story or no need ??? ( because i sleep when watch Bourne 3rd movie cuz i don't get it the story - i didn't watch the 1-2 series 

• Like 8

On 12/25/2016 at 10:12 AM, lyserose said:

I am one of the few who dislike "Goblin" and anything penned by Kim Eun Sook. The fact that I dropped all her major hits including Secret Garden, The Heirs, Descendants of The Sun and now Goblin really cemented the fact that her writings never resonated with me. I swear for the life of me that I will only watch a KES drama if she gets Joon Gi to headline her drama. Not supposed to undermine other actor but we all know that Gong Yoo is not Joon Gi. He is a pleasant actor but I would not put him in the same league as Joon Gi. Those that I really could place on the same level as Joon Gi are Jang Hyuk, Ji Sung and So Ji Sub.

I find Gong Yoo is okay but you are right, the other actors you mentioned are more in line with Joon Gi. They all have more intense acting ability, although I haven't seen Gong Yoo's acting in Train from Busan which is supposed to be good (not a fan of zombie movies).  I think KES dramas have a lighter touch but DOTS does have its moments of depth because of the subject matter.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jgismyking said:

I am so excited already for the SBS awards!! He's walking in the red carpet with IU so I think there is a HUGE chance they'll win Best Couple. For the Kwave star award, I'm really torn because LJG is my fave Korean actor but PSH is my fave Korean actress. Decisions!!hahaha (though I know some of you here are not PSH fans) With regards to LJG, I will stand by my prediction that our Joon Gi will win three to four awards and I'm crossing my fingers that will include Daesang. Moon Geun Young beat LJG in 2008 for Daesang even though Iljimae had higher ratings. (LJG and MGY are now on the same agency.) So hopefully, they will give it to Joon Gi this time around. I agree that Kim Rae Won is his ultimate competition for Daesang. Though I think LJG's acting performance in MLSHR is top notch this year. SBS should give the Grand prize to LJG.

I hope LJG will beat out KRW for daesang because the Doctor Crush role was really a piece of fluff any actor could have done, whereas nobody else could have done the Wang So role as well as our Joon Gi. I just hope they don't give it to KRW just because he missed it for Punch.

• Like 17

1 hour ago, hiluna said:

I hope LJG will beat out KRW for daesang because the Doctor Crush role was really a piece of fluff any actor could have done, whereas nobody else could have done the Wang So role as well as our Joon Gi. I just hope they don't give it to KRW just because he missed it for Punch.

Yeah I think Kim Rae Won rather deserved it for Punch. Doctor is not really a Daesang worthy drama role.

@booho, I don't think you need to watch the other movies to understand this one. You will certainly miss out some details and references but I think the plot is rather simple and understandable : taking down the bad guys once and for all, with the help of some friends, in a super awesome and cool way.

• Like 8