Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

10 hours ago, lyserose said:

Fingers crossed that your prediction is right. But I will choose to keep my expectation low since we all know Korean Drama Awards is all about popularity contest and MLSHR is no ratting juggernaut. Like I said, I would be grateful if he won PD Special Award because that award surely means a lot since the winner is chosen by professional directors, which means more representative of the actor's performance quality.

As for "Chicago Typewriter"....no, no casting of male lead has been announced yet. Yes, Park Shin Hye has been extended the offer but she has yet to accept it and now a lot are curious who would be the male lead since the writer is a credible one and TvN has established itself as the station that churned out really quality dramas like "Misaeng" and "Signal" these recent years. It was just me that having high hope for Joon Gi to be offered the leading role from such credible writer and I apologized if I conveyed it wrongly and gave you a misleading interpretation. My bad...sincerely apologized for that, friend.

No worries. I actually knew that LJG has not been cast yet and that no offer has been given to him as of yet. I'm just hoping he will get considered. Based on the limited news I've gathered on the drama, the writer is still finishing the script and filming might start late January next year, which coincides with the end of his tour/fan meeting. So fingers crossed the offer will also be given to him. Although there might be some competition with other actors such as Song Joong Ki, Kim Woo Bin, etc..

• Like 9

1 hour ago, jgismyking said:

No worries. I actually knew that LJG has not been cast yet and that no offer has been given to him as of yet. I'm just hoping he will get considered. Based on the limited news I've gathered on the drama, the writer is still finishing the script and filming might start late January next year, which coincides with the end of his tour/fan meeting. So fingers crossed the offer will also be given to him. Although there might be some competition with other actors such as Song Joong Ki, Kim Woo Bin, etc..

One side of me wanted him to have fan meetings here in Southeast Asia while another side of me wanting him back on my TV screen soonest possible. Greedy me. 

Whatever it is, I hope he will have abundance of luck to be involved in really good quality (bonus if a rating hit) project next year. I don't mind him taking the time off and be selective (though I am hoping it would be sooner rather than later), so long the end product would do justice to his brilliance and effort, I don't mind to endure this pain of waiting.

Anyway, is Joon Gi the only one of MLSHR team confirming his attendance for the SBS Drama Awards? Normally the stars and production team seated together in the same table (I expect to see the RDTK and Doctors' tables) So, I wonder if there would be a table for the MLSHR team or he is going lone ranger?

• Like 12

I think it's time for LJG to focus on movies unless if he's offerred an irrisistible role with an amazing script to do drama.

I think at LJG's level, what quality of performance he can deliver is what's more important that would cement his name more firmly in the industry. 

So far, I have been satisfied with his choices of drama. Well, Hero was my least favourite. I just finished with Joseon Gunman. It's an amazing drama. I also love the performances of the supporting casts. Those veterans were as amazing as LJG when it comes to acting performance. 

Now I will just wait for his announcement with intense excitement on what he's gonna do next.

• Like 13

According to some Joon Gi's fans who attended Nagoya FM and Osaka FM, Joon Gi prepared some hundred hearts of styrofoam and these hearts were released from the ceiling when he sang a song. So some hundred hearts flew in the air and floated down to the audience and also the hearts could really flow to 2nd floor.

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

Official goods of Japan FM

La imagen puede contener: 4 personas, interior

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, interior

La imagen puede contener: 5 personas

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas

• Like 13

10 hours ago, lyserose said:

That short clip from the Elle Korea January pictorial shooting....again those eyes.....really so mesmerizing especially that he wore eyeliner. And Joon Gi looks so smoking hawt and smexy and so much channeling mysterious Wang So there. :wub:

Ya. The smexy over-the-shoulder look got to me, too, so I broke down and bought the January issue on eBay. Shipping costs are double the magazine price, but like I care? Lee Joon-gi as a rocker/mysterious prince/rebel totally works for me. More, please! 

• Like 11

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I think it's time for LJG to focus on movies unless if he's offerred an irrisistible role with an amazing script to do drama.

I think at LJG's level, what quality of performance he can deliver is what's more important that would cement his name more firmly in the industry. 

So far, I have been satisfied with his choices of drama. Well, Hero was my least favourite. I just finished with Joseon Gunman. It's an amazing drama. I also love the performances of the supporting casts. Those veterans were as amazing as LJG when it comes to acting performance. 

Now I will just wait for his announcement with intense excitement on what he's gonna do next.

Hero production is a little bit mess, they change the lead actress 2 times ( Han Jin Min - Park Min Kyung - forgot the name ahahahah ) and also the character development,( from female reporter to female police )  and the result the drama rating is not to good, and i heard somewhere that Hero was the start time when JS called as great actor but " No Lady Luck" - LOL -

• Like 5

2 hours ago, booho said:

Hero production is a little bit mess, they change the lead actress 2 times ( Han Jin Min - Park Min Kyung - forgot the name ahahahah ) and also the character development,( from female reporter to female police )  and the result the drama rating is not to good, and i heard somewhere that Hero was the start time when JS called as great actor but " No Lady Luck" - LOL -

I don't think real fans of Lee Joon Gi would really say that. I am a new fan of his but I have pretty much watched almost all of his movies and dramas. His dramas were pretty much centered on his character with minimal emphasis on romance. Rather than popularity, acting prowess of the leading lady is more valuable. 

• Like 9

On 22.12.2016 at 7:10 AM, lyserose said:

And Ji Chang Wook is already considering another drama less than 2 months after K2 ended. I am dying a painful death waiting for latest acting project from LJG. One that caught my attention is "Chicago Typewriter" slated for filming this coming January and to be aired on TvN which already courting Park Shin Hye as the main female lead. The writer is good (credited for "Kill Me Heal Me and "The Moon Embracing The Sun") and I am praying hard that the offer would be extended to our Joon Gi.

Would be great considering the writer but I doubt this would happen. I noticed Joon Gi likes to have time to prepare for the drama. And he's more like summer-drama guy.

19 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Was Misaeng good? I watched the first two episodes but I can't make myself to continue watching it. I am contemplating though whether it's worth continuing or not

In my opinion it's one of the best and unusual k-drama. Really. It's painful to watch sometimes but hey - this is how life in corporation looks like. And there are really, really good actors - Kang Ha Neul, Byung Yo Han to name few (and mention my favourites k-actors!). Watch it. It's worth your time, believe me. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

I don't think real fans of Lee Joon Gi would really say that. I am a new fan of his but I have pretty much watched almost all of his movies and dramas. His dramas were pretty much centered on his character with minimal emphasis on romance. Rather than popularity, acting prowess of the leading lady is more valuable. 

ah it's not the fan who say that, it's more like netizen who give the point, and also the acting from the leading lady is not bad too, some of them even got an award in the drama like nam sang mi or lee yu bi, but a "luck" in here maybe more to "commercial / audience like " , just say like Hwang Jeung Eum in Kill me heal me drama or she was pretty or like gong Ho Jin ( many people GHJ have a great luck when pick drama and also with the main actor )

• Like 10

Not sure if the other cast of MLSHR will attend SBS awards. If IU attends then there's a huge possibility they will win best couple. Usually best couple winners are present to get their awards. As of choosing his next project, I agree that he has to think about it whether it's a drama or movie. For me, I really want him to have a hit drama with high ratings because I think it matters to Korean actors/actresses if their drama is a hit in their home country. We all know Joon Gi has all the acting abilities and that his projects are usually good. But for some reason, it doesn't materialize in the ratings. He should consider that in choosing for his next project.                                                  In terms of the drama Chicago Typewriter, we still don't know what the plot is about or if LJG will even be offered the main lead. Some of us here are just rooting for him to be considered since Park Shin Hye is being offered the female lead. I love PSH and I think she is an amazing actress and maybe just what LJG needs. We all want him to have a successful drama next year.

• Like 8

Park Shin Hye, Uee and Yoona never with JG please :sweatingbullets: Maybe he knows how it was difficult for him in the beginning  to come up with some roles, so he agrees to play with anyone. After SH I don't have high expectations for a new glamorous project from him. He is in a position and best years to choose a good roles. 

• Like 14

Annyeong fellow LJG  fans. Are you all participating in the Soompi award votes? Just worried as he's not ranked in the top 3. Wanted to share with you all the respective links and how the voting is faring thus far.

Top 3 rankings we can see:

Best Idol Actor:  Our Baekhyun is #1

Best Adaptation: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo is #1

Best Drama OST: For You (Chen x Baekhyun x XIUMIN) is #1

Best Bromance: Lee Joon Gi x Nam Joo Hyuk is #3

Second Lead Syndrome:  Kang Ha Neul (Scarlet Heart: Goryeo) is #1

Best Kiss: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo is # is3

Spotoon Best Couple:  SHR is not ranked!!!

Actor of the Year: LJG is not ranked!!

Actress of the Year:  LJE is not ranked!!

Drama of the Year:   Scarlet Heart: Goryeo #2

You can vote in each category up to 24x each day. Please join us! Would love to see Joongi sitting at #1 for Actor of the Year.

For your convenience:

Best Idol Actor: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=16

Best Adaption: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=18

Best Drama OST: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=22 

Best Bromance: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=23

Second Lead Syndrome: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=24

Best Kiss: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=25

Spottoon Best Couple: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=26

Actor of the Year: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=27

Actress of the Year: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=28

Drama of the year: https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=29

• Like 14

On 12/22/2016 at 6:23 PM, Uniform Victory said:

What an elegant ending! I love this drama to bits.I've been saying this and want to say it again, Moon Lovers is the best kdrama of all time. And LJG performance in this drama has set the bar higher. 

I think that LJG has raised the bar with each of his performance year by year, drama after drama. In MLSHR he was downright brilliant, and I wonder how many of the korean actors can jump over this bar.

4 hours ago, meahri_1 said:

Annyeong fellow LJG  fans. Are you all participating in the Soompi award votes? Just worried as he's not ranked in the top 3. Wanted to share with you all the respective links and how the voting is faring thus far.

Top 3 rankings we can see:

Best Idol Actor:  Our Baekhyun is #1

Best Adaptation: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo is #1

Best Drama OST: For You (Chen x Baekhyun x XIUMIN) is #1

Best Bromance: Lee Joon Gi x Nam Joo Hyuk is #3

Second Lead Syndrome:  Kang Ha Neul (Scarlet Heart: Goryeo) is #1

Best Kiss: Scarlet Heart: Goryeo is # is3

Spotoon Best Couple:  SHR is not ranked!!!

Actor of the Year: LJG is not ranked!!

Actress of the Year:  LJE is not ranked!!

Drama of the Year:   Scarlet Heart: Goryeo #2

You can vote in each category up to 24x each day. Please join us! Would love to see Joongi sitting at #1 for Actor of the Year

Sorry to cut your post

It doesn't surprise me too much that LJG and IU are not ranked. There are fans of MLSHR who didn't like LJG or IU or put it simple, they don't vote for them. I guess fans of KHN or Baekhyun don't vote for LJG or IU but they vote for the ML drama. And then the competition for best actor and best actress is more fierce. In a way, I'm sorry, especially as a fan of LJG because his popularity has not been proven here. For this Soompi award I use four FB acconts: mine, my husband account, my son account and my daughter account. :crazy: I never do that! But I'm happy for MLSHR for the third place on Naver. Too bad we don't know the results in SBS.

About his leading lady from his previous drama I admit I'm a little confused. As some of you said, he had as co-stars two actresses more known and appreciated in drama land than Lee Ji-eun. This girl managed to make him less shy and stifled in their romantic scenes even if she is at the beginning of her career as an actress. With IU he had the best chemistry.

Of course there are some fans who have not seen it but the most viewers of MLSHR, they saw it and they felt it. Why I clung to this damn chemistry? Because without it a drama doesn't have success. Most viewers are more sensitive when it comes to the romantic scenes. And they want them credible.

I don't know if I can say that LJG had no luck in his past projects. He was forced to choose from what was offered to him and I'm convinced he chose well. But I don't know if he had a word to say about his co-stars. He didn't choose them but the cast director. I don't think he would give up on a good story and a interesting character because he doesn't like the main actress. Maybe a very good actress and very popular it would raise the level of popularity of his future project but there is no guarantee that she would fit with LJG so well, it doesn't matter who she would be. Sometimes when two stars shine with the power they can eclipse each other. In my opinion that's what happened with the AATM drama. The rating was good but not impressive, the chemistry between the protagonists was good but without sparks and internationally, AATM has not made big waves. Nothing comparable with MLSHR. I Know many of you will not agree with me but this is what i think.

I apologize for my long post and I wish to all of you in this thread who celebrate Christmas

Merry-Christmas-Wishes-new-year-wishes.g

• Like 18

33 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

I think that LJG has raised the bar with each of his performance year by year, drama after drama. In MLSHR he was downright brilliant, and I wonder how many of the korean actors can jump over this bar.

Sorry to cut your post

It doesn't surprise me too much that LJG and IU are not ranked. There are fans of MLSHR who didn't like LJG or IU or put it simple, they don't vote for them. I guess fans of KHN or Baekhyun don't vote for LJG or IU but they vote for the ML drama. And then the competition for best actor and best actress is more fierce. In a way, I'm sorry, especially as a fan of LJG because his popularity has not been proven here. For this Soompi award I use four FB acconts: mine, my husband account, my son account and my daughter account. :crazy: I never do that! But I'm happy for MLSHR for the third place on Naver. Too bad we don't know the results in SBS.

About his leading lady from his previous drama I admit I'm a little confused. As some of you said, he had as co-stars two actresses more known and appreciated in drama land than Lee Ji-eun. This girl managed to make him less shy and stifled in their romantic scenes even if she is at the beginning of her career as an actress. With IU he had the best chemistry.

Of course there are some fans who have not seen it but the most viewers of MLSHR, they saw it and they felt it. Why I clung to this damn chemistry? Because without it a drama doesn't have success. Most viewers are more sensitive when it comes to the romantic scenes. And they want them credible.

@Diana Blanche Hi Chingu! I'm happy to report that since my last post, Joongi has moved up to #3. We actually have the main MLSHR and the JoonU thread voting and we'll be asking our friends at SHR Twitter to help with the voting. Am I being too optimistic?? I don't think so. I truly think we can move Joongi up a notch or two higher.  :)

• Like 17