Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

29 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

His dramas are (almost) always rich and thrilling, with a lot of genre mixed and lot of layers to the story. I think his only wrong choice a priori is SWWTN - he did an amazing job as Sung Yeol though, but I always felt uneasy about that drama, even before he got confirmed for that role. Maybe he could have foreshadowed the outcome of this one. Well it was still enjoyable but it's not a solid drama (mainly because of the writing). MLSHR was a big success on paper but as we already discussed long before, we know where it went wrong (and no one of the cast saw it coming I think), but still the drama has an epicness, a certain scale that SWWTN hasn't. 

Re Moon Lovers, if you were referring to the ending, I am actually one of those who adore the ending.Yes, it was sad but I find it elegant and beautiful.  I bet $100 that LJG loves the ending too. :):):) I think the drama wouldn't be as memorable if they had the ending the other way.  Also, if LJG delivered a masterpiece in Gong Gil, he had a masterpiece in drama in Wang So. I was mesmerized that he had delivered best actor moments in every episode, even in those episodes when he had less screen-time.

Re. SWWTN, I am still in the middle of the drama. I really love his character. His interpretation and execution was just amazing. LJG is such a joy to watch on screen. However the drama as whole, I found ep 3-8 too slow but I think most of kdramas are like that.

• Like 11

14 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

Re Moon Lovers, if you were referring to the ending, I am actually one of those who adore the ending.Yes, it was sad but I find it elegant and beautiful.  I bet $100 that LJG loves the ending too. :):):) I think the drama wouldn't be as memorable if they had the ending the other way.  Also, if LJG delivered a masterpiece in Gong Gil, he had a masterpiece in drama in Wang So. I was mesmerized that he had delivered best actor moments in every episode, even in those episodes when he had less screen-time.

Re. SWWTN, I am still in the middle of the drama. I really love his character. His interpretation and execution was just amazing. LJG is such a joy to watch on screen. However the drama as whole, I found ep 3-8 too slow but I think most of kdramas are like that.

if there's season 2 i bet JG didn't want join the cast. i also satisfied with the ending even its sad but memorable, But Glad ML is a pre-production, if it's no pre-prod drama i bet they will make it Happy ending to follow audience request, this always happen with running drama production

• Like 6

3 hours ago, booho said:

Btw there's a news that SBS to adapt Moon/Sun, Sungkyunkwan author’s newest novel. 

The fusion sageuk is set in the early 15th century and tells the story of the only female painter in Joseon, named Hong Chun-gi, who is mentioned only briefly in historical record. The novel imagines her colorful life story as a beautiful painter who enters the palace and shares lovelines with a blind astronomer and arts enthusiast Grand Prince Anpyeong, third son of King Sejong.

Hong Chun-gi’s mother once prayed to the heavens to send a suitor down for her daughter to marry, and one day when a strikingly beautiful young man falls from the sky right in front of her, she believes he’s been sent from the heavens just for her. Pfft, I like her already. The young man, named Ha Ram, is nearly blind due to an accident during a rain ceremony, and can only see the color red. He holds a position in the palace as an astronomer, and after meeting Hong Chun-gi, he discovers that there’s a larger mystery surrounding his eyes.

It’s described as a story about the ardent love and the cheerful life of Hong Chun-gi, which sounds like a nice mix of Moon/Sun’s earnest romance and Sungkyunkwan Scandal’s bright sensibility. At least I hope that’s the winning combination that drama producers are going for.

SBS has begun pre-production on Hong Chun-gi, which is being planned for a 2018 broadcast. That is EONS away, SBS.

ahahaha i just wondering LJG will being cast, cuz he say that he like to act in fushion-saeguk drama LOL

Interesting isn't it? I read about this news on Dramabeans and if you read the comment section, his name popped up a lot. The dream pairing is him with Moon Chae Won. I really would love to see the two in a historical drama together but Joon Gi has stated that he is seriously considering modern contemporary drama for his next project because a lot been complaining that he has been doing too many sageuks. Argument is not legit in my opinion since a lot other actors like Kim Rae Won, Lee Jong Suk, Kim Woo Bin have never done any sageuk yet there was never any complaint that they have been doing too much modern dramas. Some even went to the extend of saying that his decision to do sageuk is because that genre is his comfort zone which is even more illogical. I read and believe as he mentioned that he received a lot of offers but mostly sageuks and therefore, has limited choices when come to modern dramas and that is why he always ended doing sageuk (not that I am complaining because sageuk is my favourite genre). On a side note, as I am currently watching and enjoying "Hwarang", I could not help but hoping that he would get Go Ara as his leading lady. It took me a while to warm up to her but down to episode 4, I think she is a solid actress and she is pretty with such beautiful pair of eyes. 

Also, the writer of this year's TvN hit drama "Signal" is working on a project for 2017 release and she has confirmed that it would be a sageuk. Somehow, I feel conflicted over this news since she is a brilliant writer and I would love for Joon Gi to be considered for that role in her drama but at the same time, Joon Gi himself is trying to take a break from sageuk genre which is a bit off-timing. And has anyone here know of the manhwa "Bride of the Water God"? The regular commentators at DB who happened to be Joon Gi's ardent fans kept on mentioning about this manhwa and picturing him headlining its adaptation. I did little research on it and the premise is interesting and it is definitely a sageuk. Ok, now I am picturing him and Go Ara in that possible sageuk. My take is that Joon Gi is born for this genre. Not complaining at all. 

• Like 13

15 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

Thank you for the vid and pic @lisethvr. I love to hear him sings ballad song. He has deep sexy voice while talking and soft and beautiful voice while singing. :)

Yes!!! I love his voice too. Deep sexy voice when he talk. Soft and silky voice when he sing. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I cant describe my feeling.

BTW, anyone know the song he sang on the 3rd video?? He sang after reading the letter to his fan. I really love the song. 

• Like 10

On 12/25/2016 at 11:12 PM, lyserose said:

I am one of the few who dislike "Goblin" and anything penned by Kim Eun Sook. The fact that I dropped all her major hits including Secret Garden, The Heirs, Descendants of The Sun and now Goblin really cemented the fact that her writings never resonated with me. I swear for the life of me that I will only watch a KES drama if she gets Joon Gi to headline her drama. Not supposed to undermine other actor but we all know that Gong Yoo is not Joon Gi. He is a pleasant actor but I would not put him in the same league as Joon Gi. Those that I really could place on the same level as Joon Gi are Jang Hyuk, Ji Sung and So Ji Sub.

The one I highlighted in red, I agree with you 1000%

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

I wasn't referring to the ending. The ending was good - tragic - but good and memorable. (I wouldn't mind to have a look of that ending in the future they actually filmed, even if it is an alternate ending, I'm dying to see Wang So in the modern days : P). The main problem for me is the editing and story pacing. The acting wasn't that brilliant overall but have they paid more attention in post production, the drama would have been a lot better, and it had great potential. 

I agree, he is wonderful in it. SWWTN came on air after I finished watching all of his dramas, and coming after Joseon Gunman, his acting took another level on that.
The editing on this one is good (after they calmed down with the horrible loud background music in the first ep or 2), but the story lacks a bit of substance. It's a pleasant drama, maybe not good to think of it and analyze week after week (when it airs), but still watchable and entertaining. 

@lyserose, he is indeed very fitted for sageuk, both look and acting-wise. No wonder his name pop up for almost every new sageuk drama, and more now with the wonderful job he did with Wang So. But now is the time to break from sageuk, at least for his next project. As an actor he wants to expand his characters and genre (and so do we ; ) ).

• Like 11

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

Interesting isn't it? I read about this news on Dramabeans and if you read the comment section, his name popped up a lot. The dream pairing is him with Moon Chae Won. I really would love to see the two in a historical drama together but Joon Gi has stated that he is seriously considering modern contemporary drama for his next project because a lot been complaining that he has been doing too many sageuks. Argument is not legit in my opinion since a lot other actors like Kim Rae Won, Lee Jong Suk, Kim Woo Bin have never done any sageuk yet there was never any complaint that they have been doing too much modern dramas. Some even went to the extend of saying that his decision to do sageuk is because that genre is his comfort zone which is even more illogical. I read and believe as he mentioned that he received a lot of offers but mostly sageuks and therefore, has limited choices when come to modern dramas and that is why he always ended doing sageuk (not that I am complaining because sageuk is my favourite genre). On a side note, as I am currently watching and enjoying "Hwarang", I could not help but hoping that he would get Go Ara as his leading lady. It took me a while to warm up to her but down to episode 4, I think she is a solid actress and she is pretty with such beautiful pair of eyes. 

Also, the writer of this year's TvN hit drama "Signal" is working on a project for 2017 release and she has confirmed that it would be a sageuk. Somehow, I feel conflicted over this news since she is a brilliant writer and I would love for Joon Gi to be considered for that role in her drama but at the same time, Joon Gi himself is trying to take a break from sageuk genre which is a bit off-timing. And has anyone here know of the manhwa "Bride of the Water God"? The regular commentators at DB who happened to be Joon Gi's ardent fans kept on mentioning about this manhwa and picturing him headlining its adaptation. I did little research on it and the premise is interesting and it is definitely a sageuk. Ok, now I am picturing him and Go Ara in that possible sageuk. My take is that Joon Gi is born for this genre. Not complaining at all. 

My take about saguek is - Not anyone can do it. It's not a genre but a type of film making that only serious and good actors can pull off. Just like modern dramas, saguek has different genres. I believe those actors who have done theater are ideal for casting.

@leesopark16 I actually love the pacing of Moon Lovers. It's not a typical kdrama which usually gives away everything and there's no room for the viewers to think. That what I love about it. It is actually brilliantly and intelligently done. So, I think it depends on someone preference. You may find SWWTN all right, but I find it extremely slow. After Moon Lovers, I thought Joseon GunMan Park Young Kang was his next best. When it comes to flow and thrill, I love Two Weeks but the drama itself was limiting LJG of what he can show as an actor. I don't think Two Weeks was drama meant for Best acting awards, unlike Joseon Gunman and Moon Lovers esp Moon Lovers.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 8

21 hours ago, lisethvr said:

Yes this was his first fan meeting and it was called Episode 1. I would also like to see the full video with english subs, but in many years I only found these videos, here are subtitled the Q & A session and the letter to his fans. And you're quite right he's such a sweetheart.

@lisethvr OMG how did you find these gems with subs?! I've watched them countless times not understanding anything T_T omoo I consider this as a gift! Hohoh I loved loved his response, tho I find some of his answers are quite naughty xD young Joongi knows how to sway us. Demm boy, he's so boyishly handsome! I can't contain my inner-fangirl mode nemore! Those fans' reactions are basically me right now! I'm grinning like an idiot oh my~ never failed to win my heartu. Thank you for this lovely clips chingu!

OMAJOON! That Marie Claire's video! WOW! He look so so handsome! I like the light-makeup they put on his face, hopefully he appear with this kind of look for our Saturday Date instead of that usual sweaty-dewy? look. And please, no bangs, be it comma, onion and whatever they called it. Keep it smart Mr. Stylist, it's a big ceremony, don't mess up. You know, something like what Nammo have posted on their IG, where his chuckle got us replay and all hehe (totally My Style!). I want him to shine on that day :glasses: Please, slay baby slay!

Thank you again @lisethvr for all these vids! I'm fulled of Joongi-juice now, and therefore a kissu from baby boo himself~

User avatar Hope you like it!

2 hours ago, junejungki said:

I am not ashamed to admit that I drooled watching this video. He looks so delicious and sexy in this video :w00t::w00t:

Don't be ashamed, cuz you're not alone! come come let swoon and squee with me Angles~! :heart:

2 hours ago, junejungki said:

Yes!!! I love his voice too. Deep sexy voice when he talk. Soft and silky voice when he sing. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I cant describe my feeling.

BTW, anyone know the song he sang on the 3rd video?? He sang after reading the letter to his fan. I really love the song. 

It's called "I Don't Know Love", or "Sarangeul Molla". His voice really made for ballad. And what more, he sings from the heart, can totally feel the emotions projected thru that angelic voice. Check his other songs if you haven't, you'll love them all. Huhuhu

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

My take about saguek is - Not anyone can do it. It's not a genre but a type of film making that only serious and good actors can pull off. Just like modern dramas, saguek has different genres. I believe those actors who have done theater are ideal for casting.

@leesopark16 I actually love the pacing of Moon Lovers. It's not a typical kdrama which usually gives away everything and there's no room for the viewers to think. That what I love about it. It is actually brilliantly and intelligently done. So, I think it depends on someone preference. You may find SWWTN all right, but I find it extremely slow. After Moon Lovers, I thought Joseon GunMan Park Young Kang was his next best. When it comes to flow and thrill, I love Two Weeks but the drama itself was limiting LJG of what he can show as an actor. I don't think Two Weeks was drama meant for Best acting awards, unlike Joseon Gunman and Moon Lovers esp Moon Lovers.

Moon Lovers pacing was way to fast, especially in the last 6 episodes. It was more like movie style maybe, when you don't get all of the details and it keeps moving ? Right it's down to our own preference :) But for a drama, I prefer when it is slower. I watch a lot of american tv shows, they tend to drag things - the main plot - but it allows to show more of secondary characters or multiple storylines for example. And that's what I like in drama/tv shows, taking time to follow characters. And especially with the dozens of characters in Moon Lovers. Wang So's writing is good (though veeeryyyy fast near the end) and also JG is very skilled to portray a lot of things in a short time, but with the change of kings etc... I would have liked more time to take down the kings, showing more plot/conspiracies, more of the relationship between the brothers, Wang So gaining political power, and showing what he was doing during his time out of the palace for example. It would have made the drama more complete for me.

Yeah I didn't mind the slow pace of SWWTN at all. It started really well, but then it was a bit messy, and they didn't know what to do with their female lead, which is a pity, because I'm sure Lee Yubi can show so much more. 

Joseon Gunman is the drama that made me a fan of LJG, I was hooked on his character since the beginning. He shows multiple sides in it, very interesting. And the action is awesome. So are the directing, music and co-stars. It's a great ensemble drama. Was a bit draggy towards the end, and the story circled a little but never mind, they had a strong cast that kept me invested :) And yes, once again, JG was great. That's the thing with him, and something I saw koala (of koalaplayground) writing on her blog once, LJG is constantly solid. Might be why he is overlooked sometimes (until he (not literally) slapped everyone with Wang So's performance and made people notice him for good).

Agree, Two Weeks focus on the storyline, the thriller part, with a bit of heart here and there with the characters, and the central couple, Tae San and his daughter <3 The acting is great, from everybody, but maybe not Daesang worthy as Wang So is. 

One of my favorite acting performance, along one of my favorite storyline is in TBDAW. LJG has an amazing range, even at 25 y.o, he nailed 3 distinct characters - Soo hyun, Kay and then a mix of both. He is also very good at raw emotions. And TBDAW has a solid cast as well.

• Like 12

@lisethvr I watched with pleasure the videos with young JG. Thank you! I'm impressed by him because even after almost ten years he keeps going to sing and dance for his fans as he said in that clip (Part 2). He always loves his fans.

I would love another historical project with long hair and pony tail but I hope without those hats specific to Joseon era. (LOL, I don't have the habit to complain but I can't watch a drama from the Joseon period without smile at the sight of those men's attire and hats. I apologize for the offense to those clothes). Fortunately LJG looks good anyway. I'd also like to see him in a modern drama. A rom-com is not my cup of tea but I will watch it anyway. An action/thriller drama will be perfect for me. Any kind of project he will choose I will watch it with pleasure, be it a movie or a drama (LJG is a bliss to watch). This time I pray for a good writer and an interesting and complex character who will bring him a new challenge.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, lyserose said:

Yup agree with you. If other actors can continuously do modern-drama without them netz complaining then why not Joongi for sagueks. I'm tired with them bragging as to why he does sagueks all the time. It may be saguek but each projects are different from one another with varying levels. It's a complete pleasure to tune in. In fact, saguek isn't a genre that someone can 100% pulled off, it is much rich and solid in plot which require the role-player to be in-depth in his/her character. I'm okay if Joongi choose saguek for his next project, it's his choice after all. Either modern-drama or saguek we can still witness he evolve and expand as an actor. Joongi always do his best to show us the better side of him. Whatever his choice I will stay respect and support Joongi's choice, what I want to say that it's okay if he still wanna do saguek next year (it seems he considered modern-drama just because netz been talking that bull-crap "does sagueks all the time") Leave him alone, he do what he wanna do! Don't let those words bug your decisions Joongi! Let your heart decide, and we all will be waiting~ :heart:

Regarding "Bride of the Water God", I read it somewhere (maybe DB) that the premise is going to be modern-day in Seoul. It's a spin-off so I'm not sure if it still represent saguek. But if somehow it's true that they set it in modern times, then we may not see the beautiful wardrobe, and we would be missing the garbs and long-haired Joongi (in case he got casted). The story seems interesting, I would love if he noted this in his list too. Like you said he's born for saguek, and yesss I'm so ready for next Joongi's saguek :blush:

• Like 9

@yumezu Hahaha thanks you and of course I like it. And I understand you perfectly, I've seen these clips before however everytime I see them again I have the same reactions and yes I also find some of his answers are quite naughty.
I found another video with english subs and better quality of Joon Gi reading the letter to his fans.

4 hours ago, junejungki said:

@yumezu already told you the name of the song but this is the video of Joon Gi singing it on that FM in case you haven't seen it before.

Lotte Duty Free
K-Style magazine | JANUARY 2017 | NO.98 

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, texto

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas, texto

Spoiler

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, de pie y texto

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, primer plano

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas

Spoiler

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, calzado

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas

Spoiler

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, de pie

La imagen puede contener: 4 personas, niños

Spoiler

La imagen puede contener: una o varias personas y personas sentadas

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, interior

La imagen puede contener: 3 personas

Spoiler

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, sentado, primer plano e interior

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, sentado, tabla e interior

No hay texto alternativo automático disponible.

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, de pie, calzado y texto

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, de pie y calzado

Spoiler

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, de pie y exterior

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, texto

La imagen puede contener: 2 personas, personas de pie y texto

• Like 17

My fave image found today.  From the Marie Claire video footage.  

Hey Long-time Joon Gi fans....does he ever release the video footage he shows at his Fan Meets?  Not the footage OF the actual show but what he shows in the background on the video screens....like the THANK YOU video he made himself with the colorful jacket on, etc.  

And is there any way to legally purchase THANK YOU or NOW digital content as an American fan?  Where he receives any proceeds? 

• Like 16

He once said that he would like to play the bad guy. Perhaps he would fit in some modern revange drama. It is no secret that many began to watch period dramas for him. Versatile actor that each role made it more beautiful and more interesting....Omo what to do if he choose a family drama with 150 episodes :w00t:

Spoiler

http://www.vlive.tv/video/11804/게릴라-방송입니다-ㅋ-ㅋ-ㅋ

4:56 about modern drama and period drama...

• Like 9

7 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Moon Lovers pacing was way to fast, especially in the last 6 episodes. It was more like movie style maybe, when you don't get all of the details and it keeps moving ? Right it's down to our own preference :) But for a drama, I prefer when it is slower. I watch a lot of american tv shows, they tend to drag things - the main plot - but it allows to show more of secondary characters or multiple storylines for example. And that's what I like in drama/tv shows, taking time to follow characters. And especially with the dozens of characters in Moon Lovers. Wang So's writing is good (though veeeryyyy fast near the end) and also JG is very skilled to portray a lot of things in a short time, but with the change of kings etc... I would have liked more time to take down the kings, showing more plot/conspiracies, more of the relationship between the brothers, Wang So gaining political power, and showing what he was doing during his time out of the palace for example. It would have made the drama more complete for me.

Agree with you completely. As many commented in drama blogs, Lee Joon Gi is the saving grace. The plot was wasted with too much on Haesoo-Wook in the first half and then rushing in the speed of lightning for the last 6 episodes. Thank goodness Joon Gi is a powerful actor and a sageuk veteran that he could carry such dramatic change but the editing did somehow affect the outcome of the acting and presentation. Ok, this if off topic and should be discussed on the drama thread.

Just when I mentioned about the possible sageuk by Kim Eun Hee, writer of TvN's Signal, here's the confirmed news on Dramabeans. So it's not exactly going to be a drama but a long movie ala HBO's original series. I know, Joon Gi has said he wants to take a break from sageuk but .....can I hope for this one for him? Read the comment and there....his name popped up again. 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/signal-writer-teams-with-a-hard-day-director-for-new-sageuk-kingdom/#comment-2623384

• Like 12

I agree with @leesopark16.  I think it's time to try and venture in another genre. He can still come back and do sageuk drama but for now, I want to see him do a modern day drama. Rom com is a bit tricky because it requires timing and the comedy should be delivered the right way, so I'm interested if Joon GI can do it. But I also want to see him in a romantic action drama thriller. I just re-watched That winter, the wind blows (same director as Moon Lovers and I can say that director really has a thing for close up shots lol). But the character of Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) is very complex, not your typical Kdrama hero and stuff so maybe JG can try something similar to that. I love characters who are complex and JG can do complex really well. I'm also not giving up on him being cast in Chicago Typewriter. Although we still don't know the plot. I will really keep a close eye on the casting for that show and what the plot will be about.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, lyserose said:

Agree with you completely. As many commented in drama blogs, Lee Joon Gi is the saving grace. The plot was wasted with too much on Haesoo-Wook in the first half and then rushing in the speed of lightning for the last 6 episodes. Thank goodness Joon Gi is a powerful actor and a sageuk veteran that he could carry such dramatic change but the editing did somehow affect the outcome of the acting and presentation. Ok, this if off topic and should be discussed on the drama thread.

Just when I mentioned about the possible sageuk by Kim Eun Hee, writer of TvN's Signal, here's the confirmed news on Dramabeans. So it's not exactly going to be a drama but a long movie ala HBO's original series. I know, Joon Gi has said he wants to take a break from sageuk but .....can I hope for this one for him? Read the comment and there....his name popped up again. 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/signal-writer-teams-with-a-hard-day-director-for-new-sageuk-kingdom/#comment-2623384

I complete disagree in those dramablogs.  Objectively speaking, the main plot of this drama was actually really about Wang So from being the abandoned prince to becoming the King of Goryeo. The romance part of the OTP was just really a subplot. I think many viewers have mistaken it as romance drama. Rather than the romance, it tackles on relationships of characters that has an impact on Wang So.

Re: Moon Lovers is made as if it like an extended movie. I think eventually they are moving into this style of drama-making. After Moon Lovers, I really find other drama's to be really slow. 

Anyway, to each his own.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 8