Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

18 hours ago, violina said:

The firstborn of really cute triplets.He is the son of actor Song il Kook.This baby's name is Song Dae Han.

LJG's purpose in Thailand you ask?Here is your answer:

Hi violina, hahaha - no wonder he looks familiar to me. Ohhh.........thanks for sharing this - the reason of his Thailand travel. :P

• Like 1

@happyfanlgx thanks for uploading @jg_k_drama's interview translation.She also uploaded the whole thing on tumblr too so am just re-uploading for those who want to read the whole thing in one go.I really recommend y'all read it.He said so much and am sure by the end of the read.You will feel proud of being a JG fan.Its a good read.

From @jg_k_drama: https://allaboutjoongi.tumblr.com/

This is my translation of JG’s interview with The Big Issue Korea. Hope you enjoy!

JUST LIKE THAT, BACK TO LEE JOON GI

–From The Big Issue Korea editor-in-chief:

The cover model for the latest issue is actor Lee Joon-gi. I only vaguely hoped to have him on the cover of The Big Issue. He also hoped to get involved when the opportunity came along. Then we linked up, and the cover of Issue 187 and the cover story happened naturally. The photos that make you smile just by looking at them, as well as his interview with the right mix of playfulness and seriousness, will charm you. I hope, just as Lee Joon-gi hoped, that his influence turns into positive energy and reaches everybody. May his influence reach every one of those who might feel a bit lonelier than usual during this long Chuseok holiday season.

–From the editor:

He is not necessarily a prolific actor. But a single glance at his filmography will tell you that he is truly steady and consistent. It reflects his persistent efforts to pour all of his energy and completely immerse himself into his role, no matter what character he takes on. Take a look back at the past works he has starred in and you will only see the characters he plays, with Lee Joon-gi the actor himself evaporated. He is always born anew, and then disappears. It has been 16 years since his debut, and he has lived different lives by playing various characters. Somewhere in between the projects, he finds himself back to ‘Lee Joon-gi.’ This is about the time when he becomes thoroughly Lee Joon-gi, and fragments of the story we shared with him.

INTERVIEW

tumblr_pfn7ar8Scr1w2wd5jo3_540.jpg

Q. It has already been two months since drama “Lawless Lawyer” wrapped. What have you been up to lately?

JG – I fell so completely in love with jiu jitsu that I would go to the gym at every opportunity in between shoots. I still do that even now. I have done many striking martial arts, but it’s my first time doing grappling martial arts like jiu jitsu, so it is very refreshing and so much fun. I exercise, get back home, look back at the day today, drink a glass of beer feeling good, and go to bed—these are the things that make me happy.  

Q. It has been a tough summer, with heat waves and torrential rain alternating. Have you done anything special this past summer?

JG – As you said, this summer has been really tough, so I did not get to spend much time doing active things other than exercise. Instead, I spent the time focusing entirely on myself and recharging my batteries. Exercising, hanging out with people, laughing… I took this opportunity to reflect on the value of ordinary everyday life. I also had a lot of conversations with my family.

Q. It is not your acting debut, but most people first knew you through the movie “King and the Clown.” It came out back in 2005, so that movie is already 13 years old. You said you watched it over 20 times at the time, and how do you find ‘Gong-gil’ in “King and the Clown,” the way Lee Joon-gi sees him now? Doesn’t it feel strange?

JG – Gong-gil is the character I cannot forget for the rest of my life. Sometimes I feel a mix of emotions I had at the time of performing in “King and the Clown,” such as the tension, sense of achievement, and beginner’s mindset, washing all over me. I try to absolutely not forget those feelings I had. Gong-gil is the character that most symbolically represents my desperation, eagerness, aspiration, passion as an actor, on top of the innocence I had back then. Furthermore, I always think I must not forget the attitude ‘Actor Lee Joon-gi’ had at the time.

Q. Your Instagram profile picture has long been ‘Gong-gil.’ Gong-gil seems really special to you.

JG – My long-held dream of becoming an actor finally became a reality when I met ‘Gong-gil.’ That is why he is extra special to me. Through him, I received overwhelming love from many people. For me, “King and the Clown” is a work that I will not forget for the rest of my life, and so is Gong-gil.

Q. It has already been 16 years since your debut. Aside from Gong-gil, you have portrayed truly diverse characters as an actor. But there still are many characters you want to portray, aren’t there? Like, the goals you want to achieve as an actor?

JG – Goals as an actor—that is a difficult question. I want to do my own action performances for a long, long time, as long as my body allows me. Many people worry about me doing dangerous action performances without using a stunt double, and send me lots of support. I know that, so (before filming) I make sure I am fully prepared, and I regularly exercise even during breaks. Goals… Biggest goal is playing an ordinary person you see in everyday life, just the way he is, and conveying those feelings and sincerity to viewers. I have been thinking about this since I was an emerging actor, but lately, those thoughts have become much more intense. Personally, I often feel like, ‘Lee Joon-gi is closer to comedy on set.’ I want to do a project with a comic touch that will allow me to feel and express that comedic side of me.  

Q. Looking back now, what was your most memorable moment?

JG – I guess those days of “King and the Clown,” because the movie was such a phenomenon that it turned Korea’s cultural industry upside down and had such a strong impact that it quickly became a social issue. Will I ever get to have such moments again? Those were such brilliant moments. Those were the days when ‘actor Lee Joon-gi’ made himself known to the public, a wide variety of audiences beyond national borders for the first time. I always cherish and live with those precious memories. I try not to forget those emotions I had back then, when I need the strength to move forward.

tumblr_pfn7ar8Scr1w2wd5jo4_540.jpg

Q. Any memories you wish to erase?

JG – Every human being has lots of memories they wish to erase. Normally, they are simple mistakes, or the ones you regret, like “I should not have made that choice.” But now, I almost never have such thoughts, probably because I have changed and become more positive. Even if I did have such thoughts, what difference would it make? I just want to live for today, working hard and having fun, and then welcome tomorrow.  

I have received more love than I deserve, and I have felt just as much loneliness. Back then, it was painful, but looking back now, I think those hardships I went through provided the nourishment that made me much stronger. When I had negative thoughts about myself, I was able to get over them and make this far, thanks to my fans who looked out for me and protected me. I want to repay their unending love, which has always exceeded my expectations even when I thought, ‘I could not possibly be more touched by them than I am right now.’

Q. You’re already famous as an actor who expresses and communicates his feelings towards his fans. I think, in the end, your concert-style fan meetings and the photo books which you put your heart and soul into can be understood along these lines. What do ‘fans’ mean to Lee Joon-gi?

JG – Fans have stayed with me throughout each project I have done as an actor, and even after that. I want to do something new, various things with my fans that we can share with one another. The fan concerts are precious moments that allow me to bring out my creativity and imagination in a variety of ways even when I am taking a break from work. Also, it’s during those moments that I express my gratitude to my fans who send me unwavering support. Those are my assets and precious memories I will carry with me from here on out.

Q. I think I now understand why you call your fans ‘family.’

JG – I call them that because they really are that precious to me. When I thought, ‘I’ve lost everything,’ it was my fans who held on to me. They are like the light I saw when I was in despair. So I feel a tremendous sense of obligation to definitely repay their love. I think, now, we are a shoulder to lean on to each other.

Q. I think you are an actor who values your relationships with others. You have often reconnect with the people you once worked with, instead of making such relationships just a one-time thing. You worked with Lee Moon-sik on “The 101st Proposal” and “Iljimae,” in addition to “Fly, Daddy, Fly,” and you reunited with director Kim Jin-min, 11 years after drama “Time between Dog and Wolf.”

JG – I stay in close touch with them. Because I value the relationships and memories I have with them. I call them from time to time to hang loose, have a drink, talk about things we haven’t been able to, and look back on the past. I love the fact that, while those were good times, the lessons I learn from the same old stories take different forms each time I talk about them. To me, that’s ‘healing’!

Q. Of all the people you became friends with, do you have a particular person in mind that you would love to work with once again?

JG – I have so many people who are dear to me, so it is not easy to pick just one. However, I told director Lee Joon-ik that I definitely wanted to work with him again someday. Lee Joon-ik told me, “I already made you an ‘actor’ with this really big character, so let’s see what the future holds, instead of right now in this moment.” I should make an extra effort to become a much more mature actor who can contain much more, while waiting for that day [when I work with him again] to come soon. (Laughs)

Q. You are the kind of actor who makes us anticipate season 2 each time you finish a project. I realize it is not easy to choose, but suppose that season 2 really could happen, which project is it that you’d anticipate the most and you are most curious about?

JG – If viewers feel that way, that’s the biggest happiness I can have as an actor. To make dramas into serialized seasons, really, lots of conditions must be met. I also think whether to make it seasonal or not is determined only if the needs of the public, and the fans who loved that drama, are satisfied. So I always want it to happen, but I know it is not easy. (Laughs) Personally, and the fans feel the same way, I wish we could have shown more of the ending of “Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.” Of course, I am satisfied with the current ending as well. Perhaps, because of the ending we have now, more viewers miss “Scarlet Heart Ryeo.” Also, there are many more works, but since it is the latest work I did, I’d like to single out “Lawless Lawyer”—I wish there would be more to the story of Sang-pil, who has  just finished his revenge task, but continues to beat big evils, undertake small cases as a defense lawyer, and live happily with Jae-yi as a lovey-dovey couple.

Q. You have starred in many works that contain social messages. I am curious what your thoughts are on stars voicing their opinions on social issues in real life, outside of work. There are many such cases outside of Korea, but in Korea, there is this climate that makes [speaking up] particularly difficult.

JG – I think it is a good thing for celebrities to participate actively in social movements or activities. Because celebs receive love from the public and can use their positions to have a far-reaching, positive impact on the public. However, I think they have to be careful about what they say and how they act. They should not pick sides, and they have to be cautious and think long and hard about the words they are going to say many times if the words would likely cause a huge stir. I think speaking freely, and finding it somewhat difficult [to speak freely], are both good. Because considering the weight of words is important.

tumblr_pfn7ar8Scr1w2wd5jo5_540.jpg.

Q. The Big Issue, founded in the UK, serves as a medium in exerting positive influence on the public through the involvement of stars and celebs. Such work done through talent contributions helps homeless sellers directly in their efforts to become self-sufficient. Why did you decide to get involved through The Big Issue?

JG – I have known about The Big Issue for a long time. I definitely wanted to get involved if I was given the opportunity, but the timing was just not right. This is even more meaningful because I am not doing this alone, but together with the staff I work with.

Q. ‘Lee Joon Gi’ as a hallyu star has a strong influence over many people. Have you thought about the kind of influence that you have? When you do a good deed like this, the impact it has is particularly great. For a long time, your fans have been leading by example in doing good deeds in the name of ‘Lee Joon Gi.’

JG – I think that every actor or celebrity has given a lot of thought to the influence they have. I also have often thought a lot about this. I think the best I can do is expressing my thoughts through my own life, through my acting. I am trying hard to make sure that [my thoughts are] strongly expressed. I am always grateful that I can return the love I have received as an actor to many people, and to the world, in the form of positive energy. Of course, it is my fans who help me realize this and put it into practice. I am very thankful. I always remind myself to pay more attention [to giving back] and put more effort into it, and that’s what I have been doing. (Laughs) I was really surprised by how much my fans have donated in various ways. I am always grateful to them and touched by them.

Q. Do you think there are any misconceptions that the public has about Lee Joon-gi?

JG – People mistake me for being a cold person. But I love hanging out and having fun with people no matter what we do, and I laugh a lot. I take great pleasure in achieving something by working with several other people and cheering one another up like eussha eussha* (*mimetic word that describes cheering up), rather than producing a result on my own. That’s why I love acting and I chose this life as an actor.

Q. When you do make a rare appearance on a variety show, I find something totally unexpected about you.

JG – I enjoy watching variety shows. That’s probably because I get to have fun and be touched by seeing all kinds of human beings in their natural, diverse shapes in the ‘real variety’ format—more so than when I am doing scripted projects.  I also feel comfortable showing people the real me, exactly the way I am. I am open to working on variety shows, as long as they allow me to present such content well and to contribute to the show. Maybe I wouldn’t be much fun because I’d be trying too hard.

Q. There isn’t much time left until the end of the year. Is there anything you wish to get done before the year ends?

JG – Personally, it would be great if I could do one more project and show it before the public and my fans, but it is not easy. Living as an actor, I sometimes work so constantly without a break that I feel overwhelmed, but there comes a time when I should be more careful. Right now, I am being careful, but it is also true that I have difficulty creating opportunities. I want my next project to have more depth to it in terms of the message it wants to get across, so I am being extra careful in choosing the next project. At the beginning of the year, my goal was to do two projects this year, but ah, it is so hard to reach that goal. Of course, I will keep considering what to do next, and I hope to come back as soon as possible, even if that may not be this year, with a great project that will touch my fans and viewers.

Q. I once read that you were thinking a lot about “bad acting habits (*mannerisms = bad habits)” and “what part of me can I make appeal to viewers?” Are you still thinking a lot about it?

JG – The characters I have portrayed so far have had so many stories to tell. What I have done has been a mix of everything—action, melodrama, epic, action drama, and thriller. When you juggle all of them, your acting sometimes comes off as some kind of talent show-off. I do not want to do that kind of work either, so I think I have to expand my imagination so that I can feel acting with my heart and create a performance using my own head. I should push myself further and try not to idle but stay alert. I think hard about this all the time; I don’t set aside certain hours of the day and go, “Ah, it’s time to study acting,” but [acting] is a natural part of my daily life. I often think about how I balance the emotions I have actually experienced with my imagination in order to create my own strengths.

Q. Your fans are curious what your next project will be. Can you give us some hints about it?

JG – I am considering several projects. At the same time, I am giving serious thought to what part of me I have to show you and what kind of story should be told to the world. Right now, it’s still too early to talk about anything at all, so it’s hard for me to give you any hints (laughs). Most important is that I want to see you again soon with a great project. I haven’t got much time.

Q. We haven’t got much time here either (laughs). Last question. Forget you are some character or celebrity ‘Lee Joon Gi’, and what set of values or wishes do you pursue as ‘human Lee Joon Gi’?

JG – As ‘Lee Joon-gi the human,’ there still are a lot of things about me that fall short, so I always think a lot about what I could do if there was no ‘Lee Joon-gi the actor.’ I am still searching [for the answer] and still learning. But at the end of the day, I want ‘Lee Joon-gi the human’ to be happy. I really do hope I can find that happiness. I still have not found the answer. Only when that [finding such happiness] happens can I truly become a person who can send out positive energy to my family on a small level, and to many people around the world on a bigger level, and who will remain that person until the end. I most certainly hope that will happen. I want to grow old and spend the rest of my life with my fans and the public as a good actor, and cherish and live with many such precious memories. Even today, I think a lot about how I can make that happen. I wish only good things come our way, to all of us! May everyone who supports me and looks out for me walk the ‘flower road’!

• Thanks 1

On 9/25/2018 at 6:20 AM, LyraYoo said:
On 3/19/2017 at 12:53 PM, oyashirazu said:

Here's the updated list of 100 things we love about Joon Gi! I added the new points that were suggested by some of you and added some myself. Sometimes they overlapped a little bit with older points so I merged some. Everything new since the last update is highlighted in blue.

We only need two more points :o So, new additions and/or revisions/spelling checks are much appreciated! The list is quite long so I'm wondering whether it's alright this way or whether we should try to make it shorter.

Otherwise, I'd appreciate any form of advice on how to make sure Joon Gi receives this. My plan was to print it out and go to his agency Namoo Actors and somehow hand it in but is it that easy? :sweatingbullets:

100 Things We Love About Lee Joon Gi

Reveal hidden contents

Acting skills

1. His incredible acting skills: His acting started off great but became even greater and refined over time. Great acting as in, he always makes us believe he is actually going through whatever his character is going through. His characters never seem fake or inauthentic.

2. His onscreen presence and charisma: the way he can pull you in and make you feel for his character.

3. He is one of the first definitions of "second-lead syndrome" in Kdrama. Anyone who watched "My Girl" (2006) experienced it. No wonder it did not take even a year before he was promoted to first lead status to lead TBDW in 2007.

4. Perfect first-lead actor: No sane person gets second-lead syndrome in a drama or movie in which Joon Gi is first lead. In his dramas, everyone in the screen but Joon Gi fades into the background. We call it the Lee Joon Gi syndrome.

5. His micro acting: His subtle facial muscles and how they react while in character.

6. His voice acting: His voice alone can pull you in. If he stopped work as an actor some day (please, no!) he could dub movies.

7. King of sageuk: He's a joy for everyone who loves historical movies/dramas. No one can pull off a hanbok as naturally as him. His sageuk speech is on point. He always makes it look as if he belongs in that time of history.

8. His commitment and passion for his main profession as an actor: Despite his many side endeavours (fan meetings, photoshootings, variety shows) he gives us at least one new drama to watch every single year without fail - sometimes we get to see even more than one acting project a year.

9. His versatile acting. He would never allow us to grow bored of him or his roles. He always chooses different kinds of roles that are challenging and deep. He can pull off roles with dual personalities easily. He is not afraid to act challenging roles and always sells the character convincingly. He also adapts his acting style and interpretation to suit the character.

10. His acting always is a joy to watch without fail because he knows how to "surprise" us viewers. His acting doesn't only seem real and convincing but he goes beyond that and creates something new and unpredictable within his roles personality range. Everyone can interpret a character but many do it in the most obvious and plain way (even if it seems natural and realistic) but Joon Gi's interpretations are never boring or predictable.

11. The way he uses his body as part of his acting: He knows how to walk and move around to make his role look convincing. His posture and movement is always harmonic, looks aesthetically pleasing and fits his roles. His body movement is never stiff or awkward (well, apart from when he wants to make his role look like that). For all we know, Joon Gi and stiffness are antonyms! 

12. Like Kim Kyu Tae once said, he is like a 'volcano'. His acting is not restricted but he goes all out. He completely pours himself into his role and does not feel the need to hold himself back or feel embarrassed. He shows his vulnerable side through his acting and does not try to look "cool" or guarded. 

13. He is excellent at showcasing romance in his dramas. His kiss scenes in pretty much all his dramas but especially his post military ones have a certain authenticity or realness that is rarely found in other kiss scenes in dramas. They are usually not too aggressive or intense. Instead they are gentle and filled with so much emotion they can burn your screen. There is just that special feeling to them that is hard to put in words. When he is making love confessions instead of them sounding cheesy or just like an actor reciting a script or trying to look cool, his confessions sound so passionate, so full of longing, so meaningful, so loving. Or the way he shows love towards his leading ladies by taking care of them (e.g. their feet after they hurt themselves).

14. He can even act with his neck veins! Who was not blown away by his acting when they watched the poison scene in his drama Scarlet Heart: Ryeo? Please tell us how you can do stuff like that, Joon Gi!

15. It is always Joon Gi. No matter how many dramas you want to watch you always choose the one with Joon Gi as your first choice. You will find extra time just to see another episode as soon as it is available. There are so many actors yet it is always HIM you chose because he has that something that makes him so addictive.

Charm and Personality

16. His humor and ability to be goofy.

17. His ability to connect with the masses and make it genuine.

18. His expressive eyes! -that glance, cry, smile, smolder, showing vulnerability, etc.

19. He is incredibly humble and genuine. He sees himself as an artist working towards improving his craft. In his interviews when he says this, you would think that maybe he is just being humble and does not want to boast when they compliment him, but somehow - maybe we are biased - when he says this it feels genuine.

20. He has good manners. We saw this at the SBS drama awards 2016. He bows, greets and compliments his seniors (Kim Sung Ryeung). And he bows and greets his juniors (Lee Min Ho). 

21. His ability to go from serious to goofy to sexy in less than 3 seconds.

22. He is incredibly caring to his hoobae/juniors and his leadership skills are on point at film set.

23. He is a gentleman. He sure knows how to interact with women. See the way he took care and led Nang Sang Mi and IU at the award ceremonies and also the way he interact with Shin Min Ah during interviews. Such a classy man.

24. His contagious and funny way of laughing and giggling.

25. He is very wise and intelligent behind all of his goofiness. Every interview with him shows how deep his thinking process is and how perceptive he is. When he is answering questions, he takes time to give genuine, original and well thought answers. Not just one word or phrase answers and not those well rehearsed bull crap generic answers celebs give at interviews.

26. He learns from his mistakes and now does not let fame get to his head even though he is a very successful person overall.

27. He is not afraid to tell the truth about himself, even when he is telling something that might make him look bad.

28. The way he is always willing to take responsibility for his decisions and try to make the best of them even in adverse situations. Even when he is not at fault he ultimately takes the responsibility. He does not want to place blame on anyone. 

29. The way he looks divinely shy when someone praises his work or his looks.

30. We adore the happiness he shows when he sits at a table full of food. He loves and enjoys food very much and eats his food with relish and delight. 

31. His ability to cry and still look amazing.

32. He is really good with people and always tries to make them feel comfortable.

33. He loves kids. A man like that will instantly gain bonus points with women. We always ship Lee Joon Gi with babies and kids.

34. He is 34 years old but sometimes he is still like an adorable young boy. He simply is a cute cinnamon role!

35. He loves animals, especially dogs. Any person, more so a guy and a huge celebrity at that who loves animals that much makes us feel they have a compassionate heart and that character trait in any person to us is so attractive. He even has a sizzling chemistry with horses!

36. His personality as a whole. If he stops dramas or movies (Hell no!!!) he would totally excel as a variety star. See his guest appearances in Running Man, Healing Camp, Family Outing and Golden Fisheries.

37. His pouting face. No man should be this cute when pouting but his pouting face is just plain adorable.

38. He has many interests aside from acting like dancing, singing, cooking, martial arts, golf, soccer, drinking, and so on. 

39. He has got a romantic side to him and we love when he shows it! (e.g. My Ear's Candy)

40. He is very neat and tidy. From the way his trophies are arranged in his cabinet, to the way the floor in his house is nice and shiny, to the way he packs his luggage. Even his dogs look well taken care of. This clearly shows he is husband material. Should he decide to get married, He can be trusted to look after the home efficiently and effectively if wifey is away. 

41. He is a man of confidence. However, his reaction when he breaks down because of accidents or mistakes are adorable if not priceless. I.e. when he is crying out 'eomeoni' when he is cooking dinner in My Ear's Candy, when he is panicking at his fan meeting because of his May Day's out of tune, when he is pouting and laughing hopelessly because the fans kept repeating his 'Ja'. 

42. We are amazed at how he has managed to maintain a good balance between having a positive public image and keeping an air of mystery around his private life, for such a long time. He is human and allowed to make mistakes, and what he does in private is none of our business. But it is like everywhere he goes, both in Korea and International, he commands respect not only as an actor but as a person. It is very rare to find people talking negative things about LJG (netizens, staff, co-workers, journalists). 

43. His sincerity in everything.

44. His boundless energy. He is always the moodmaker by jumping around and cheerfully sharing his energy even when he is exhausted himself.

45. His star quality/aura. In a room full of hundreds of stars and other regular people you cannot help but notice him. He has that shine to him.

46. He is a soft and sweet as well as warm and kindhearted person. He has had the same crew around him for many years, his Manager Lee Sang Hyun, his stylists etc., his dance crew Vlack Squad, his band, his Interpreter. They have stuck beside him through it all. If they were having difficulties with him they would just leave. We do not think this is just a public persona he presents for his fans. This is Lee Joon Gi - kind, caring, warm, considerate. This is the Joon Gi we all know and love. 

47. He is zutter!

Appearance

48. His unique and intriguing looks are one of the reason he got noticed by directors, fans, and so on when he was a young actor.

49. Phoenix eyes: his eyes and their shape are special and beautiful.

50. Straight nose.

51. Killer jawline.

52. Heart-shaped lips.

53. Clear skin and beautiful complexion.

54. His cute ears: We can totally imagine his Mum pulling them when he is acting naughty or doing aegyo when he was a baby. But their shape is really beautiful, too, like elf ears.

55. His strong hands, long fingers and well groomed fingernails. And those arm veins...

56. His broad shoulders.

57. His legs are strong, athletic and beautiful.

58. His Adams apple: You cannot unsee it and when he exposes his neck it just enhances his sexy manly appeal.

59. His profile is perfection. Perfect forehead, slender nose, beautiful lips and that ideal jaw shape.

60. Not only his acting is versatile but his looks, too: He can go from ethereal beauty beating even women to boyish and cute, manly heartachingly sexy like a rock star, gentleman-like handsome, to the Kpop idol look and when he wears hanbok, he can alternate between handsome, cute, sexy, beautiful within seconds. He is a man with thousands faces. He can portray thousands of characters with his unique face effortlessly.

61. He can pull off any look and is a fashionista through and through. How can a man look so good in jewellery? From airport fashion to his fan meetings to simple casual wear when he is guesting at movie premiere's of his co-stars. Not forgetting how he can vary his hair colour from red to white to blonde to black to auburn and plus long hair, short hair, up do, porcupine hair style etc etc and look damn good most of the time.

62. He ages like wine: He will be 35 soon but no sign of real aging - or only in a reeeally good way.

63. His sexiness shines through even without him taking off his shirt and showing us his abs - his swagger and confidence do that for him. He can be super sexy without having to do scenes that eliminate the imagination of lovemaking. What a man! We admire an actor who can give you all those feels without having to exploit himself. 

64. He does not need to show us abs to prove his sexiness but we are still delighted that the Singapore FM has shown us uri oppa has a toned body especially his belly. He really has his "sexy on". Oppa, if you have the urge to flaunt your body or a drama/movie requires you to do a shower scene or brooding half naked or treat a wound like with your shirt off, don't be shy and be more body confident. Your abs are not "fabric conditioner abs" like you said in your interview.

65. He looks stunning in a suit.

66. He could work as a fulltime model with his looks: If we were casting agents for a model agency or clients looking for an unconventional model we would definitely pick him. If you put his headshots along hundreds of headshots of other beautiful and talented actors and models his look alone stands out. It's so unique. No wonder he is the original flower boy.

67. How is it even bed head looks good on him? He looks naturally stunning even right after waking up.

68. Big bonus points for no plastic surgery or botox.

Man of Talents and Hard Work

69. He is a man of courage: He went all the way to Seoul with almost no money on him to fulfill his dream to become an actor. Do I remember this fact correctly? Can't find the interview in which he talked about this.

70. He also is a man of survival: He has worked hard to get where he is now (e.g. enduring life in a small room full of cockroaches...).

71. Even though he has made it this far we admire that he has not thrown his hardworking personality away to this day and always tries to surpass himself with his next role. The way he always strives for more is how we believe he got better and better over the years in everything he does, not stagnating but giving his natural talent a chance to improve through his determination and will power.

72. His martial art and action skills as well as his astonishing flexibility. He is amazing! Things he can do with his legs - incredible. And he mastered several martial arts at that: Tae Kwon Do 3rd degree, Hapkido 1st degree and Taekkyeon 1st degree.

73. His cooking skills. We would love to taste his food some day.

74. He can wait tables and serve with charisma. He was a waiter before he made his breakthrough.

75. His language usage! International fans appreciate the fact he is learning and utilizing other languages to communicate with us all in spoken word and in his SNS usage. English, Mandarin, Japanese, and so on. Plus, we love that he's so confident in speaking them and that he has a clear articulation.

76. His diction - he speaks so clearly. He had to work hard on his pronunciation and dialect for his acting career because he came from Busan and he did better than great! Korean in his mouth sounds like the most beautiful music. 

77. His English: We all love his voice and his diction. But we all fall head over heels once again when he is speaking English. He sounds sexy/cool but cute at the same time with his accent. It is so attractive. 

78. His pleasant singing voice and versatile music: he can sing ballads, electro-pop, hip hop, not limited to the genres he samples. And he can sing in Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese.

79. His incredible dancing skills.

80. His song writing ability.

81. He is such a fantastic model not only because of his looks but because he has experience with the camera and knows exactly how to please the photographer. He changes his postures quickly and efficiently. We would not be surprised if most of the times all shots could be used. His photo shoots are always interesting to watch if filmed and his pictorials are so fabulous to fangirl over and find new sides of him.

82. His horse riding skills - his concern for the horse's well-being when riding, his soft hands on the reins, his posture and balance, his ability to gallop while holding the reins in one hand and a sword in the other, his ability to hold the reins up while shooting with a rifle at a canter, to canter with another person in the saddle in front of him, his ability to make his horse rear up while maintaining his balance and seat.

83. King of Hearts: Perfect shaped hearts...<3 And a great variety of them. He always amazes us with his fingers/hands abilities.

84. His work ethic.

Fanservice

85. We love his appreciation and connection to us - his fans. He is always lovely to us.

86. We love him for organizing so many fan meetings inside and outside of Korea to please all of his fans.

87. We love him for always making time to spend with his fans. He does not worry about where he is or how he should behave if it can convey his appreciation whether at an airport tired from a flight or coming out of a restaurant or even a car (coming or going) or before/after press conferences. He often is the only actor who stops to meet the fans when others just keep walking and look away from the fans.

88. He will act a part with enthusiasm in reality shows etc. and give the audience a fun side of himself even if it makes the other participants blush.

89. We appreciate that he always also thinks of his fans and their wishes when he is contemplating a new project.

90. We love that he is very active on various forms of social media like instagram, twitter, weibo, vlive app etc. And he does not only communicate in Korean/Hangul but uses many different languages. He even mastered the universal language: emoji. So we can understand what he is saying despite still remaining language barriers.

91. His pictures and videos on social media are always creative and fun.

92. Wherever he performs at his fanmeets, he incorporates local songs into his performance.

93. He knows how to be a fan himself: He is a big fan of Big Bang.

94. His albums and songs that he shares with the masses.

95. The ultimate fanservice 1: His ability to make pouring water something of an event (and R18...).

96. The ultimate fanservice 2: Humbly washing the feet of his fans. It showed all of us his sincerity towards his fans.

97. The Power of Lee Joon Gi: A true Korean Ambassador of Culture. Why would people from Singapore, Phillipines, Korea, USA, Canada, Poland, Bermuda, Malaysia, New Zealand, Australia, Venezuela, Germany, Italy, "please add country here" connect online (Soompi) and in person (at fan meets)? Why, it is the strong draw of an amazing Korean Actor, our true actor Lee Joon Gi. We connect to discuss, share, research, analyze, create, revel and fangirl/guy over him and in the process, connect with other fans, cultures, and opinions along the way. We attempt to learn Hangul and understand the cultural norms of Korea. We visit non-English websites to discover what content we can because obtaining valid Lee Joon Gi information is not that easy for an international fan. We support each other at fan meets and beyond. The common denominator is Lee Joon Gi.

98. ...

99. ...

100. The Lee Joon Gi Effect.

By your loyal fans from Soompi: @cedarwood, @pixelsticks, @violina@emeraldblue, @antoniaclamens@luvkstyle, @junejungki@kiinn@glassnokamen@sscllccrazy, @girlyponytail, oyashirazu 

Please tell me if I've forgotten someone or your suggestions! Other than that, I think it'd be nice to have as many names of soompi fans in the list as possible to show him our love, so to everyone who wants to be part of the list - tell me so and I'll add your name :wub:

I am bringing this once again because I think the list is not yet complete ? 

@LyraYooI thought of this to finish off.It can go on "Charm and Personality" in the list.

98. He is aware of the world around him and ready to speak up when it is necessary to do so on social issues.He makes a great activist.He took part in an episode of SBS' TV programme called 'We Want to Know'/Unanswered questions  to comment and spread awareness on sexual harassment and violence cases that appeared in Korea last year.He spoke up to advocate for freedom to hold peaceful demonstrations in a candle-lit vigil by Koreans against the government in 2006.He is also ready to stand up for his industry.Lee was against the halving of screen quotas in South Korea that allows foreign films to be shown in theaters on certain days, while domestic films are allotted another amount of days. He believed that without the screen quotas, "The King and the Clown" would not have been as successful in competing against foreign films.

Spoiler

6964142.1.jpg

2006020861029_0.jpg

Many more took to the streets to protest.

user posted image

All the links for the information above:

https://web.facebook.com/LJGFansClub/videos/519451751771222/ 

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/12/kai-yoo-jae-suk-eric-nam-lee-jun-ki-and-more-to-take-part-in-sexual-abuse-awareness-on-we-want-to-know

https://coolsmurf.wordpress.com/2008/06/02/lee-jun-ki-slams-the-korean-government-over-resuming-us-beef-imports/

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2006/02/08/2006020861029.html

https://iamcause.wordpress.com/2006/12/03/the-korean-screen-quota-debate/

http://news.donga.com/3/all/20060212/8274531/1

99.He is a man with a really BIG heart.He is a great philanthropist. I know he is a celebrity and a public figure so doing charity work is a given.Many celebs do it.He has done many too.Examples, starting from the latest project(talent donation to Big Issue) to help the homeless.Other charity photoshoots with A "a letter from angels", "love kiss campaign", to support child adoption. He( and actress Kim Ha Neul) did a volunteer documentary(2009) in Indonesia with TVN called "tvN’s World Special “LOVE”.It was a collabo with Good Neighbors International, the focus was on child care and community development(showcasing the realities of village life) .The thing I admire the most is how  he does his charity work.Not too much mediaplay, he keeps it low-key.I am sure the people he impacts know though and appreciate it. 

• Like 1

Hello, @LyraYoo and @oyashirazu. I have another suggestion for you that could be incorporated into No.69 on our list of 100 Reasons Why We Love Lee Joon Gi, a man of courage. Here are my thoughts in quote form. " He also has bravely stepped outside his comfort zone to try new activities that could have been life-threatening to him, if something should have gone horribly wrong, such as parasailing, underwater diving, and yes, jiu jitsu. He is an example to us to continue striving to push back against our fears and apprehensions. To expand our horizons instead of stagnating and letting life's opportunities pass us by. One doesn't create a memorable life by sitting on the fence of apathy." What a different and happier world this would be if more of us chose to take to heart the example of this fascinating human being called Lee Joon Gi!:wub::wub::wub: Also, what an absolutely wonderful idea you have to list as many Soompiers' names as possible to the end of the list! We need to let JG know how many loving Angels he has right here!:heart: So please add my name, @phoenixheart to your list. Thanx!!!

• Like 2

On 9/25/2018 at 2:20 AM, LyraYoo said:

I am bringing this once again because I think the list is not yet complete ? 

How could a list of LJG ever be complete??? ^_^  But I know that @oyashirazu helped compile this list, printed and delivered it to Namoo when she visited Korea.  Who knows if he ever saw it....but it's nice to think he may have! 

Have you all been VOTING for LJG wherever necessary???  

https://www.asiaartistawards.com/vote/preVote.html?type=mactor

http://tvnjoyfest.tving.com/2018/Vote/Day

http://tvnjoyfest.tving.com/2018/Vote/Special

He looks super cute in Thailand! <<<mini almost mullet and all>>>  I hope fans are giving him space!  I remember that Jean Lee would kinda spoil locations of up-coming shots of JG through her instastory...so I am excited to see if any of these locations get to have JG grace them with his handsomeness. 

I'm hopeful some of the images MAY be used as a Season's Greetings Package...not just the SPLENDOR fan books.  But I guess we will see.  The more I discover HOW lucky JAPANESE fans are....even with KPOP....geez.  

RxcA0GP.jpg95KbGFH.jpgwZmKaTm.jpg

Spoiler

AKXik1P.jpgbat7PDx.jpg

• Like 2