Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

It's very Michael Jackson"ish" but in his own way. 

True! I was thinking what those jackets remind me of - you're right! Jacko in his best moment of career. :)

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I am suprised that Namoo hasn't at least put out a NOTICE/NEWS about the script reading or 1st day of shooting.  I understand not putting the filming dates on the calendar to protect the integrity of the shoot (and stop tons of fans from attempting to see) but I don't understand not posting a quick 2 sentence article. 

I think even such short information about the cast doing the first reading gives fans a hint the shooting starts v. soon. And you know fans - nothing stops them. They'll find the site sooner or later. For the sake of drama and comfort of the crew - better later. 

3 hours ago, Fragile Geegee said:

I find it suitable for his current thin face.

True. Also it's better (ANYTHING is better) than mushroom hairstyle dyed in brown. :tongue:

3 hours ago, Fragile Geegee said:

You know, I need to get back to my normal life and this will never happen until I'm over Wang So. Thus why, I'm counting on his upcoming role to replace WS.

Oh... wait a minute - you're closing your eyes and see Wang So? Think about the most perfect character in drama and you think immediatelly about Wang So? You're comparing Joon Gi's acting as Wang So with other actors and they all lose to Joon Gi? 

Sister, you're not alone. Let me hug you!

@antoniaclamens I envy you so much! I'd love to visit Korea one day.

And good question - what did you eat?!!! I love korean food and I bet the one in the right country is even better from what I tasted. Yumm...

1 hour ago, cwngf said:

first drama on cable tv

CM is cable tv drama? I didn't know that...

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Sister, you're not alone. Let me hug you!

Hahaha...Awwww...((((((((group hug))))))))))))))

JG and Korean Dramas are my creative visual inspiration at this time.  They help to inspire me to continue and improve what I have to do every day, which can tend to turn into a dreaded chore.  The latest drama I am watching does not have JG in it (boo) and I am about to drop kick the sound system if I have to hear the OST again....Can anybody guess which drama it is?  Key schmoozy lyric "Love is the moment...."  They play it WAY TOO MUCH in the drama.

I NEED to go find HERO.  The only JG drama I haven't seen yet. 

• Like 11

26 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

I NEED to go find HERO.  The only JG drama I haven't seen yet. 

Do it. Not his best drama but Joon Gi is super cute. Plus there's a scene when he's drunk and sings "Sorry sorry" (I call it "that bloody song"). Also there are parts where Joon Gi plays with kids and you know there's nothing more cute that Joon Gi with children. Awwww he even cuts nails in one kid's toes, it's so lovely!

29 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

((((((((group hug))))))))))))))

Yaaaa!!! Anybody wants to join the group hug? :D 

• Like 11

LOL Of all the things to worry and whine about it's his hair??? Which is fine by the way. What about hoping for a well written and executed show not the shallow part? Smh! Those fans have too much time in their hands. I feel like some people are expecting the carbon copy of the American counterparts. Every actor approaches a character differently. How many batmans do we have? Nobody can say that the actors play the character the same. For all we know (which is about nothing lol) the writer might just jumble the characters into one.

Anyway, he's looking good and that bright smile. He definitely loves acting. Did I say that I can't wait for July? LOL 

• Like 14

3 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

Speaking about puzzle... I'm puzzled about this lately.

Reveal hidden contents

As i'm desperately waiting for his update on IG (it's been a month sinch his last update) I just randomly lurking to any IG under leejoongi hastag LOL.

I found a video by enythamara84 on april 13, it's a clip of his girlfriend interview on June 2016 and she said "I don't go on open relationship, I think it is not a good etiquette to open relationship with him in public." (my thought: well both of them share the same opinion, it's a good thing she supports him)

I also found out that his girlfriend liked a video from lee joon gi follower (the uploader is not jhb follower/fan - even the uploader didn't realize that her video was liked by jhb, and realized it after jhb fan/follower told her). Actually it was the same "KBS world tv video" that pixelstick shared here before on april 14 - page 1750 - which has been reposted again by the uploader under account karisma8099

The cafe where he was spotted with her girlfriend by dispatch had new ig account, named italy_gogizip, and his girlfriend followed it recently.

I still remember the situation when the dating news broke out, how it affected him much, even he's never talked about it during Encore FM. He just simply said sorry and thank you.

Well, I'm not her fan, I don't know much about her, even her IG account is in private mode LOL, i'm quite puzzled with her recent IG activities, I just found it's a bit contrary with her last statement that she don't want open relationship, seems like she can't wait it become publicly acknowledged. When her boyfriend remain quiet, and after his apology, she's busy to like news related to her dating, and following the dating place IG account LOL.  Sadly, i started to think whether there is possibility (maybe a tiny one LOL) that she's involved and caused this mess to him. I hope what i think is all wrong, although it may take some time for me to straighten my mind.

Btw, pixelstick, i love all of your series of ' Do you want to hang out with me". You are so creative!

Well come back antoniaclamens :D That AATM cardboards! Aaaaaggghhh... I didn't find them during my visit on KFV. Actually I didn't know that AATM was filmed in KFV. I just realized it when I saw the government office building. When I saw that building for the first time, I know it looks sooo familiar to me! At the momment i got my enlightenment, a man wearing beggar costume rushed into the building and screaming SATOOOOOOOOOO bwahahaha... How i wish my handsome actor Lee Joon Gi will suddenly show up wearing magistrate costume hahaha Well he didn't, but a man wearing typical young man joseon costume LOL. It's so much fun anyway. It reminds me to Kim Eun Oh hahaha.

I know what you are talking about and I feel the same.

Spoiler

I originally didn't want to say anything when I stumbled upon this on instagram a couple days ago. I don't believe in spreading potential rumors that could damage a person's reputation. Just in case it's not true. But I've seen some things that were disturbing. I could never shake the feeling this dating controversy was a bit too fishy since it first came out. At first I thought it was to sabotage LJG's career, but now I'm not so sure. After reading some comments from an English speaking Korean fan, I now know the reasons why many Korean fans don't support their relationship (at least according to her). I won't comment here what was said, but I also heard the restaurant belongs to JHB's younger brother.

I don't know much about JHB, so I want to give her a benefit of a doubt. I don't want to jump to conclusions without knowing the whole story. I want to fully support them if they truly love each other. Who knows, it could be haters trying to demonize her. 

I mentioned before in a previous post, I believe a celebrity's private life is no ones business. But if this happens to be an unhealthy relationship, I hope it will come to an end. But it's ultimately their decision.

If this is inappropriate to write here, please delete this post.

• Like 12

16 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

Hi jade715, thank you for you reply. I didn't expect it, but i'm glad you know how i'm feeling disturbed lately.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm thankful for your information/clarification. It helps me to straighten my mind immediately.

I didn't know which one is the truth one, however, it is better for me to think positively that she just want to support her brother business, rather than think negatively she want to thank to the owner of the restaurant LOL. My Quote of today: positive thinking is good for my own health LOL

Yes, you are right jade715, other people private life is none of our business. A momment ago, I still pity my self thinking how I defend him from a mess possibly caused by his gf hahaha. Silly right? Now I don't want anymore.

I hate myself when I realize it is easy to get information but difficult to get valid confirmation, then struggling alone to define which information is the right one which one is not. I think it's better for me to stay away from IG, well, I've uninstalled IG app actually LOL.

I can still support him through this thread anyway.

So, i'll depend on you my soompi friends to share anything related to him on this thread now. 

Spoiler

I read it too but I think many has been bothered about it. Myself included. IF indeed she is guilty of whatever that IG account is saying which I find it so absurd, I would personally assume that they are no longer together by now. I'd say they are just keeping mum about it out of respect for each other. Anyway, it's the right thing to do.. just say less until everything is forgotten...which will happen eventually.

That's his personal life anyway. It his problem not mine. Anyway, I love him because he is an amazing actor. There are many actors that I admire but in the Korean Ent, LJG is the best IMO. For me that what only matters as a fan.

P.S. I just want to make myself clear. I don't believe in any hearsays unless it's proven, out of respect to people involved and secondly their personal lives don't matter to me. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Hi cedarwood, ye, it is - it's tvN with 20 EPs. Just like all of you here, can't wait also for July to watch this remake into K-version drama. :lol:

10 Supernatural Dramas You Need To Start Watching Immediately

If you like K-Dramas and supernatural themes then this is the list for you.

6. Arang and the Magistrate

Popular actress Shin Min Ah plays a ghost during the Chosun Dynasty that returns to earth to find out the truth about her death. Along the way, she comes across Kim Eun-oh (Lee Joon Gi) who helps her in uncovering the truth. Arang and the Magistrate aired from August 2012 until October 2012 and is definitely a K-Drama must-watch.

Arang-and-the-Magistrate-e1492984815547.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

• Like 11

9 hours ago, chrissydiva said:

I feel like some people are expecting the carbon copy of the American counterparts. Every actor approaches a character differently. How many batmans do we have? Nobody can say that the actors play the character the same. For all we know (which is about nothing lol) the writer might just jumble the characters into one.

I know right.is it too much for people to trust the professionals to do their jobs properly and sell whatever character they are given effectively.I mean we are going to be watching veterans in this new drama, not newbies or commercial/popularity actors.This lineup is full of actors and actresses who are fully committed to their craft not just acting for the sake of.

One of the reason why Wang So was such a memorable character, is because JG made a conscious effort not to copy the acting style of his Chinese counterpart in the Chinese Version of Scarlet Heart.He even discuss with writer nim and director nim to make sure his character had its own identity.He said so himself in the interview.

Lets not even get started with the hair whining.I remember when the my ear candy street shots, were going around upon instagram, he looked just like he is looking now before it aired.But as soon as it was broadcast on TV, it turned out so beautifully and he looked his usual beautiful and handsome self.

Some international fans are even whining about his weight, saying if he is taking on Derek, Derek is buff and blah blah how is he going to sell the character.I say let's be patient and wait for the stills and promos, so we can understand better about the roles and appearance, but more importantly for once let's just trust and support him as fans and spread positive vibes for the drama :wub:.He has enough critics and antis now :(to stress him out.Fans should not add more worries and stress to him.

• Like 18

2 hours ago, violina said:

I know right.is it too much for people to trust the professionals to do their jobs properly and sell whatever character they are given effectively.I mean we are going to be watching veterans in this new drama, not newbies or commercial/popularity actors.This lineup is full of actors and actresses who are fully committed to their craft not just acting for the sake of.

One of the reason why Wang So was such a memorable character, is because JG made a conscious effort not to copy the acting style of his Chinese counterpart in the Chinese Version of Scarlet Heart.He even discuss with writer nim and director nim to make sure his character had its own identity.He said so himself in the interview.

Lets not even get started with the hair whining.I remember when the my ear candy street shots, were going around upon instagram, he looked just like he is looking now before it aired.But as soon as it was broadcast on TV, it turned out so beautifully and he looked his usual beautiful and handsome self.

Some international fans are even whining about his weight, saying if he is taking on Derek, Derek is buff and blah blah how is he going to sell the character.I say let's be patient and wait for the stills and promos, so we can understand better about the roles and appearance, but more importantly for once let's just trust and support him as fans and spread positive vibes for the drama :wub:.He has enough critics and antis now :(to stress him out.Fans should not add more worries and stress to him.

If I could only like this post a million times...it's good to read strong support and faith in him and some positivity in here and his upcoming project...criminal minds fighting!!:D sometimes instagram and other sns or websites could be so toxic... this is really a haven for fans 

• Like 11

@girlyponytail so sad you missed the cardboards... it was really exciting to watch the site where Sato spent his days... it felt so real. btw i think i missed something... don't know what is all about the brother's restaurant thing...

@pixelsticks go watch Hero asap!!!! i loove LJG in it. so sweet and charming and yet so strong... one more thing if you want to go to korea to fangirl, better go with no personal Wang So. lol. if you want to go sightseeing please do... you'll both love it

@cedarwood so happy to see you writting here again :smiley:

19 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

LOVE LOVE!!  @antoniaclamens  And the story about the JG cardboard cutout made me laugh out loud!  

Was this your first time in Korea?  What did you eat?  What did you buy?  What was your fave JG place to go?  Tell us about the Encore?  The overall crowd? Insights?  Are there cutouts of stars everywhere in Seoul?

My personal Wang So half-heartedly offered to take me to Korea for my birthday...but it's not on his list. Traveling/airports are not his thing and he is scared of the language barriers. I love the guy, but I'd rather go with another who I can fangirl with.  Hahaha.  

16 hours ago, cedarwood said:

@antoniaclamens I envy you so much! I'd love to visit Korea one day.

And good question - what did you eat?!!! I love korean food and I bet the one in the right country is even better from what I tasted. Yumm...

So many questions... let me see...

About food... there are many things i tried and didn't like and others wich i like a lot!!! but i must admit i eat Mc Donalds the most. Lol.

Spoiler

First the food is very spicy.. even when they say it's not spicy but i loooove spicy food so i'm ok with that (my sister suffered a lot though), second the food usually had a sweet taste (even spicy food, lol). The thing I loved the most were french fries... Korea is the king of french fries,  don't know how they make it but from Mc Donalds to restaurants or street food (those spiral fried potatos :yum:) are amazing. The fried chicken is also the best i ever taste.Dak Galbi (chicken in a chilli marinade, cabbage, rice cakes and sweet potatos) with rice is great too. Chicken skewers (street food) and poop cake are also good. Bingsu (shaved ice topped with sweet red beans) not so much though i love some bread filled with sweet red beans and cream cheese. i also eat tteokbokki, mandu, and a kind of hot dog coated with a fried dough that i could eat but didn't love. I eat a soup and some other things that i don't remember the name wich i hate....

About what i bought besides LJG merchandise... korea is not a cheap country, but is heaven if you're a woman and love clothes, skin care products or make up. I bought some of them but not so much as i liked as i had a restricted budget. You could buy at shopping malls, street markets or subway markets (i could spent my day happily in subway markets). Now for LJG merchandise:

Official (bought at the FM)

IMG_20170424_082741.jpg

(poster, light stick and pink egg wich they give you with the ticket entrance)

Spoiler

IMG_20170424_082816.jpg

Unnoficial

IMG_20170424_083334.jpg

(cushion)

IMG_20170424_082240.jpg

(mug, agenda, socks, postals, posters)

My personal LJG place? well my favorite thing about going to korea was attending the FM. no doubts about it. but after that i love going to Wolhwawon Garden the best. The place is magical. there are no LJG cardboards or drama references but you could feel Wang So and Hae Soo hanging around... almost all my pics were spoiled because i cried all the time... and smile all the time too. i'm sheding a tear or two while writing and thinking about it. a must go for sure. i'm planning to do a full post about the 2 MLSHR filming locations i went in the MLSHR thread..

About other stars... you could see a lot of LMH, SJK and the guy from You from Another Star (forgot his name) merchandise the most. Other stars announcements are everywhere. but still i think LJG is a great actor (i'm not saying star) to fangirl in korea, he doesn't have CFs but as i told you you could see him as i did in tourist sites 

about the FM see my next post...

• Like 17

15 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Do it. Not his best drama but Joon Gi is super cute. Plus there's a scene when he's drunk and sings "Sorry sorry" (I call it "that bloody song"). Also there are parts where Joon Gi plays with kids and you know there's nothing more cute that Joon Gi with children. Awwww he even cuts nails in one kid's toes, it's so lovely!

Hahaha...that bloody song is catchy though.  I will admit to playing it when I need energy to complete big projects while sitting in front on the computer.  :ph34r::rolleyes::tongue:

13 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

Btw, pixelstick, i love all of your series of ' Do you want to hang out with me". You are so creative!

Thanks. I :wub: to hear that!  I needed a break from my regular stuff and got inspired by JG's website changes.  I was frankly surprised there were not many made all over the internet.  I was hoping that fans would actually make all kinds of responses for his agency, the Korean Media, the masses and for him to see.  But no. There are more CM fake posters than any reactions to his website pages.  I can understand but it also makes me disappointed that they didn't respond.  It was a flat out question?  LOL  It could have become a postive media story with tons of responses.  

JG, JHB, Namoo, the Korean Media and fans are all a puzzle to me. It's frustrating because it's human nature to want to solve it. And I have to remind myself that maybe we don't have and will never have all the pieces. And that is ok as well. 

So I moved onto what JG has on his splash page right now.  The solved puzzle pic. And went from there. With positive thoughts.

• Like 13

OMG  SOCKS!!!!:wub::rolleyes:B)  <<<<<<<<<<super jealous>>>>>>>>>>>>

@antoniaclamens  :wub:  Thanks for sharing.  The pillow made me giggle. That sweatshirt looks comfy. And strangely, I also want a lightstick. I am not a spicy food lover (my tummy rumbles and bumbles, not my choice) but I have been trying to eat Kimchi flavored noodles that one can find in the US.  I cannot wait to read more!  What does CF mean?

I'm with @violina.  I don't want to see a CM carbon copy of the American version.  I'd love to see a strong, desirable male NOT have to be a steroid-looking hulk, which is the tried and true American way to depict a strong man. I'd love it if they could highlight a lean, strong look with his character if it is a Derek type. I hope all this dating broohaha didn't change the way that JG was going to perform his character. 

As for the JHB comments:

Spoiler

I really haven't put energy into it because it's just toxic energy.  I do not fault her for making her IG private as she was receiving a ton of negative hate messages.  I actually left a message on her page to stay strong and spread love when it was still open.  I really think people are putting WAY too much energy into reading every little online movement people make.  But then why do they do it?  Because they are searching for answers and to solve that damn "puzzle" I was talking about.  If no information is given....people HAVE to find/figure it out themselves.  And turn to incomplete and possibly invalid sources.  And unfortunately listen and believe incorrect assumptions due to the vacuum of real news. 

There is also the culture of MEAN GIRLS, possibly well-intentioned or not who just have to have their opinions heard and spread. It's like a toxic stew with people adding their own spices, flavors etc to the mix. The optimist/idealist that can still exist in me wants to know why we can't desire to create something beautiful together...why it seems easier to destruct than construct, attack instead of understand.

Strangely, my creative output lately has been liked or commented NOT by JG fans (which was my expectation), but by other actors and creative developers. It makes me wonder.  

19 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

I was almost finished writing a long post about the FM and the internet crashed and i lost it all :bawling:

NOOOOOOOOO!  Sometimes Soompi "saves" your post and you can restore it?  Did you try that?

• Like 12

1 hour ago, antoniaclamens said:

About food... there are many things i tried and didn't like and others wich i like a lot!!! but i must admit i eat Mc Donalds the most. Lol.

I'd give you my share of McDonalds stuff then - I dislike food there. 

Korean food is awesome. Spicy, yes, but healthy and tasty. Bibimbap is probably my favourite dish. And the food is so colorful! Just thinking about it makes me hungry. :wink:

Unnoficial

Aaaaaw! Joon Gi pillow!!! Now you can hug him every night! *cough*

Also I love the mug - I'm imagining drinking coffe in this mug. 

I'm glad you had great time in Korea. I'm doing my best not to feel too jelaous but it's so hard!!! 

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

Hahaha...that bloody song is catchy though.  I will admit to playing it when I need energy to complete big projects while sitting in front on the computer.  

It is catchy that's why I call it "bloody" - just few tones of this and it's stuck in my head aaaarrrrghhhh nooo not again!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was almost finished writing a long post about the FM and the internet crashed and i lost it all :bawling:

Dang! Relax, take a deep breathe and try to write at least short version of your post. Pretty please with a cherry on top. :)

Here's something to cheer you up: http://allthe2048.com/community-games/lee-kun-ki.html :mrgreen:

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

I don't want to see a CM carbon copy of the American version.  I'd love to see a strong, desirable male NOT have to be a steroid-looking hulk, which is the tried and true American way to depict a strong man. I'd love it if they could highlight a lean, strong look with his character if it is a Derek type.

Well said. It's korean remake / korean version, which means not everything will look the same not to mention characters may be totally different and there can be no one that is korean Derek (whoever he is). Right?

People and their problems... :mellow:

• Like 12

12 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

Hide contents

I hate myself when I realize it is easy to get information but difficult to get valid confirmation, then struggling alone to define which information is the right one which one is not. I think it's better for me to stay away from IG, well, I've uninstalled IG app actually LOL.

I can still support him through this thread anyway.

So, i'll depend on you my soompi friends to share anything related to him on this thread now. 

the message is good for me, thanks a lot for it :lol:   

• Like 2

@antoniaclamens Thank you for sharing your experiences. I'm glad to see everyone who attended his FM had a unforgettable time.

It seems everyone who had seen him in person (fans, co-stars etc.) never fail to say how beautiful he is. He's always saying he only looks good in his dramas.

Now it really makes me want to see Joon Gi in person myself. I'm due to visit some family in South Korea anyway, it's been years. 

Thanks again.

Here's a translation from a fan account Post-FM.

Credit: IG

Translations Provided by: ring.of.jg

• Like 14

4 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

never eat mac donalds in my country...

I wonder if I would ever have the chance to try macs in Venezuela. Probably not. 'Cause if I was in your country I'd more likely taste venezuelian food. :D

Nah, I don't eat fast food at all. :)

I'm lovng the LJG game :grin:

Told you it will cheer you up. :D

As I said before I was lucky to meet @girlyponytail and @glassnokamen .

Yaaaaa!!! Did you take a picture together??? :w00t:

I loved his arms, legs, shoulders, but… I must stop myself. Lets us say I love everything about his body.

No no no no no no no no - continue listing the parts you love! :D

Sorry for the long post. Hope it made sense.

Of course it did. And too long post?! Honestly, I felt sad when it ended.

Gosh, now I want to go to Korea even more. Just visiting the country I'm fascinated about... and seeing Joon Gi on stage. I wanna go. Now!

lydia_zps9ddjhsqt.gif

1 hour ago, jade715 said:

He's always saying he only looks good in his dramas.

What? Really?? Someone has to buy him a mirror, honestly...

• Like 12