Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Dear Follow Angels,

Please support JG on Showbiz Korea FB. Thank you!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1460174770723415&substory_index=0&id=257619180978986

On the Rice Wealth mentioned by @zi4r  I will join contribute to the global project this year... My POV is that I am putting all my eggs this time into one basket in the global project so that he can get much need media attention. For all of JG's drama press con, he will receive a lot of rice wealth but many are not pick up by the media because they only report on the biggest Rice Wealth... lose the effect for him to get reported by the media.. thou he will personally love the gift, because is a fan gift to him... but I hope this time for once we could unite and give him any chance to be in limelight once again.. after this laying low period richard simmons... Give him a super big Rice Wealth, I see this wealth  as a tool to competing for media attention, because during press con there are other actors as well.

Like Zi4r "I am just a JG fan, desperate to see our JG shine again". His silent is killing me... 

https://www.facebook.com/ricewreathproject/

• Like 7

9 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Don't ban yourself and welcome on the board. :D 

Haha. The ban is kinda a deal between me and hubby. I limit my JG-craze online; he ignores my outta-control JG&MLSHR-related spending over the past few months (and seems, it's gonna continue over the next few months):tongue:

I will try to pop by more often, but hell, my obsession gets pretty bad. I'm sure some of you still have nightmares from my post-grad-essay-length posts from MLSHR days. :D

5 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

@zi4r I'm all for showing the masses/media the power of his fan base! Hence why I ask people to vote all the time.  

JG has been dropping in the Baeksang Award app. So go take a look at my IG for a tutorial and pay $2 bucks a day to vote for him until the 28th. 

Yeah, I've been doing that. Not regularly everyday, but trying. The app seems to like to go wonky on me quite frequently.

Anyway, I can hardly contain my excitement over every single blurry picture/video the fans have been uploading from CM set. And wahhhh the fanmade posters and teaser vids put the pros to shame.  I can't wait for the full marketing effort to begin. JG should feel fit to plug his SNS back in by then. Fingers-crossed.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Dumb polish will ask - PS?

Plastic surgery. LJG is a very handsome man and beautiful at the same time. But I think many Korean don't like the single-eyelid.

I feel sad reading many fan comments about LJG eyes look tired. Though his eyes look beautiful but it would easily look tired esp. as he get older. That is why many resorted into PS. 

I agree to the above IG post. This is just one the Wang So scenes showing that LJG deserves the Best Actor award.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, LadyOne said:

Dear Follow Angels,

Please support JG on Showbiz Korea FB. Thank you!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1460174770723415&substory_index=0&id=257619180978986

I'll pass on this one. I think LJG would not mind.

But I believe that he has a great singing voice esp if he sings within his vocal range. 

What I am feeling bad; why he did not win the Best Actor in DramaFever? I hope he can deliver more excellent acting performance in his future projects. A movie perhaps after CM? Though he may surprise us but I don't expect much from CM for any acting award because the nature the of the drama is not cut out for it. A guest starrers may have more opportunity to showcase their acting abilities. For saying that I'm still glad he took this project as this kind of production is a pioneer in Korean TV. 

@LadyOne Who would be beneficiaries for the rice wreath? Would this be distributed in Korea only? I am curious how this thing works. I support on this project by the way.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

Plastic surgery. LJG is a very handsome man and beautiful at the same time. But I think many Korean don't like the single-eyelid.

I feel sad reading many fan comments about LJG eyes look tired. Though his eyes look beautiful but it would easily look tired esp. as he get older. That is why many resorted into PS. 

I'm actually very happy he didn't get PS, I think it's amazing how far he has gotten in the Korean entertainment industry without PS since it's something they obsess about. The fact that everyone marvels at his beauty and eyes most of all which I actually think are unique although common in Korea since he has made them his own with the way he uses his eyes to show the deepest of emotions shows you don't need PS to succeed. I love how he is getting old naturally and it's just a part of life. I mean he is 35 and has gone through a lot in life so his eyes starting to look tired NOW is actually not bad. He isn't getting younger lol but really I love his cheetah like eyes. Usually I find a lot of Korean actors look alike but with joongi I haven't found one who looks like him especially in the eyes n lips department. Joongi joking about how working late got him a double eyelid :D

• Like 11

4 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Exactly but PS is very common to break away from the typical Korean look thus PS is popular. 

There is only one award that I want from the list the 'Best Actor'. I watched both dramas and objectively speaking... performance-wise Wang So has so many Best Actor moments. At least from my end, I voted profusely for LJG in this category. 

I agree and I tried my best to vote as well and to get people to vote online from various sources. JG's Wang So was a varied performance, filled with all types of emotions and actions. I wonder if Scarlet Heart would have ended right before the voting....the immediacy of the impact and the still active online fan base (at that time) would have propelled the vote.  

4 hours ago, zi4r said:

Haha. The ban is kinda a deal between me and hubby. I limit my JG-craze online; he ignores my outta-control JG&MLSHR-related spending over the past few months (and seems, it's gonna continue over the next few months):tongue:

I will try to pop by more often, but hell, my obsession gets pretty bad. I'm sure some of you still have nightmares from my post-grad-essay-length posts from MLSHR days. :D

Yeah, I've been doing that. Not regularly everyday, but trying. The app seems to like to go wonky on me quite frequently.

Anyway, I can hardly contain my excitement over every single blurry picture/video the fans have been uploading from CM set. And wahhhh the fanmade posters and teaser vids put the pros to shame.  I can't wait for the full marketing effort to begin. JG should feel fit to plug his SNS back in by then. Fingers-crossed.

My housemates do not know the extent of my JG addiction., :ph34r: but I think they guess. The Baeksang App IS a wonky thing. Only 1 more day.

Let's hope either his #comingsoon reveal or CM will get him to be chatty again. I HATE that he is silent!! And I don't mind post graduate essays about JG or CM either. ☺ or even screaming in the background of videos! <wink>

@LadyOne I don't understand.  Are we supposed to vote/comment?

• Like 9

5 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I'll pass on this one. I think LJG would not mind.

But I believe that he has a great singing voice esp if he sings within his vocal range. 

What I am feeling bad; why he did not win the Best Actor in DramaFever? I hope he can deliver more excellent acting performance in his future projects. A movie perhaps after CM? Though he may surprise us but I don't expect much from CM for any acting award because the nature the of the drama is not cut out for it. A guest starrers may have more opportunity to showcase their acting abilities. For saying that I'm still glad he took this project as this kind of production is a pioneer in Korean TV. 

@LadyOne Who would be beneficiaries for the rice wreath? Would this be distributed in Korea only? I am curious how this thing works. I support on this project by the way.

All beneficiaries of the rice donation are chooses by JG himself. There is a recent report on it too, but it is in Korean  http://m.blog.naver.com/lohas62/220988294526 (so far the only positive new on him on naver is this report). If any of you Angels see any good new in Korean media reporting about JG please share.  Thank you in advance. 

Dreame will also have report on they website. You may find more at http://www.dreame.co.kr/. Thank you

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

I agree and I tried my best to vote as well and to get people to vote online from various sources. JG's Wang So was a varied performance, filled with all types of emotions and actions. I wonder if Scarlet Heart would have ended right before the voting....the immediacy of the impact and the still active online fan base (at that time) would have propelled the vote.  

My housemates do not know the extent of my JG addiction., :ph34r: but I think they guess. The Baeksang App IS a wonky thing. Only 1 more day.

Let's hope either his #comingsoon reveal or CM will get him to be chatty again. I HATE that he is silent!! And I don't mind post graduate essays about JG or CM either. ☺ or even screaming in the background of videos! <wink>

@LadyOne I don't understand.  Are we supposed to vote/comment?

Are you referring to showbiz korea FB support? https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1460174770723415&substory_index=0&id=257619180978986

They tabulate score base on comment. Thanks.

• Like 5

I'm glad to see SHR and the cast get some recognition at the dramafever polls. And all this talk of looks/voting reminded me that I came across LJG's name on this DC poll with a ridiculously long title - don't think it's been shared here yet.

"ExcitingDC, operated under a community portal site DCInside and a trend and taste search company MyCelebs, announced the results for their survey titled, “The Most Decadent one top male star that shakes your heart thump at one glance” on April 10. This survey was conducted between April 2 to 9 ..."

1. Kim Jaejoong (JYJ)

2. Lee Joongi 

3. Kim Jaewook

4. Kwon Jiyong (Big Bang)

5. Lee Dongwook

Others who placed: Kim Namgil, Lee Taemin (Shinee), Joo Jihoon, Yoo Ah In, Lee Soohyuk

Source: Naver (article excerpt as translated by @crystalmoon0213); DCInside Mycelebs

I know JG's been on too many fluff polls but it's nice to see his name up there (and right next to one of my favourite boyband dudes too). It's also interesting that the keyword / reason most associated with JG seems to be intelligence - I guess his roles have influenced his image? :tongue: Criminal Minds is just going to add to that if he plays a profiler, especially if his character is influenced by Reid from the original series.

Another surprise for me was to find LDW on the list. The My Girl dudes are really enjoying a resurgence this year ... is it too much to hope for LDW and JG to reunite in some type of buddy cop show? They'd be hilarious.

• Like 9

Another reason to :wub: JG.  

And website has the solved pic up now.

AND WHO CAN TRANSLATE THIS!!!????

JHB talked about LJG on this show!

Edited to ADD:

Found this article on it

https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/27/jeon-hye-bin-explains-relationship-lee-joon-gi-came/

Jeon Hye Bin Explains How Her Relationship With Lee Joon Gi Came To Be

Jeon-Hye-Bin-Lee-Joon-Gi.png

Jeon Hye Bin recently talked about her relationship with actor Lee Joon Gi!

On the April 27 episode of “Happy Together 3,” Jeon Hye Bin appeared as a guest alongside Kim Byung Ok, Jang Young Nam, Lee Shi Un, Tae In Ho, and Jeon Suk Ho.

During the episode, the MCs tried to get the actress to talk about her new relationship with Lee Joon Gi, but Jeon Hye Bin was able to outsmart them continuously with her witty answers. Finally, she relented and talked about her relationship, saying, “I’m actually boyish and brave, so I thought [we] wouldn’t look good together. I had no idea that it would be like this since we had been friends for so long.”

Jeon-Hye-Bin.png

She continued, saying, “In the beginning, he looked after me as a senior [in the acting industry]. I thought he was polite at first, but the more I got to know him, the more I came to realize that he was a good person. At some point, he started leaving a lot of comments on my social media as well. We naturally developed into a dating relationship.”

Meanwhile, Jeon Hye Bin and Lee Joon Gi recently confirmed their dating relationship. The two previously worked together in the KBS drama “Gunman in Joseon.”

• Like 8

I know i must be happy for MLSHR cast and production... by now you must know MLSHR is my favorite and most beloved drama... but in fact in feel a little down. What does it take for LJG's portrayal of Wang So to win an acting award? Anyone who watched the begining of episode 4 must know that JG´s portrayal of WS is the best acting you could see (at least in my kdrama experience... and by now i´ve watched a lot of dramas and a lot of good actors). Not for nothing i went crazy over LJG/So (and still am).... ok i had to get it out my system.

Of course I´m absolutely happy for everyone... and i´m happy and grateful to see Lee Joon Gi acepting those awards... and looking so good while doing it! love this new style

@ohgee love that video!!! LJG is so so cute :wub:. I wish he never had PS. His eyes are so unique!!! and double lid-eyes can get tired too!!! 

@girlyponytail i love LJG's english but i love more to see him talking about his filming experiences... episode 3 killing the monks scene is one of my faves!!!!

• Like 10

13 hours ago, ohgee said:

The fact that everyone marvels at his beauty and eyes most of all which I actually think are unique although common in Korea since he has made them his own with the way he uses his eyes to show the deepest of emotions shows you don't need PS to succeed. I love how he is getting old naturally and it's just a part of life. I mean he is 35 and has gone through a lot in life so his eyes starting to look tired NOW is actually not bad.

Agree.Its not a bad thing that his eyes look that way like "tired" as they say. it will help in his future acting when he starts taking pure historicals. like not the usual fusion sageuks he has been doing so far, and melos(I know he hates them with a passion but if he changes his mind) if he ever stops shooting action:D:D or when he starts taking Hotchner(criminal mind) type of roles in any genre .The roles in these genres need experienced actors, who have had enough life experience,in order to showcase emotional depth in their acting.

One of his senior that immediately comes to mind is Kim Kap-Soo, the guy who was the chief of NIS and his boss in "Time between dog and wolf".Another not so senior but senior enough is Kim Sung-Oh, he was secretary of Hyun Bin in secret garden.The reason why i chose these two is because they also have unique eyes that draw you in like JGs and have "tired" eyes quality to them .I mean they are not mono lid(or are they?) like JG and have different eye colour than JGs (hazel-grey but they are fully korean while JGs are regular brown colour) sometimes I cant tell because I am a different race so i can tell the mono lid but I cant tell if someone is double lid or how double lid look like.They can act villain roles and protagonist roles seamlessly with alot of depth like they are breathing and living the character because of this.

• Like 8

Happy Together: Jeon Hye Bin opens up about her relationship with Lee Jun Ki

0000260408_001_20170428002028201.jpg

"Honestly, a lot of actors don't disclose their relationships because it is inevitable someone ends up suffering some damage.

The timing wasn't right, we also care about the production crew of the works we appear in.

Also a lot of fans get hurt from these news so we never aimed for a public relationship."

[+5370, -316] Park Min Young was also acting as an entertainer but suddenly overnight she became the tragic deserted hero? Entertainment is entertainment so don't get too immersed otherwise it wouldn't be called entertainment.

[+4249, -525] I don't know what's so wrong with this. Of course viewers might feel a sense of betrayal but why not bless them when they are together? Lee Jun Ki, Jeon Hye Bin, love prettily

[+3573, -518] Isn't this only a problem for people who watch entertainment as if it was a documentary

[+2511, -357] Be happy

[+468, -52] If you don't get caught it's better to not have a public relationship... If you split up your names will always be associated... I guess it's best to be quietly dating

[+408, -52] It wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't get caught... the timing was a richard simmons, that richard simmons reporter blew the news

[+435, -81] Park Min Young is an actress, she also played her emotions, why do you take entertainment as a documentary?

[+392, -74] Entertainers are also people, of course they can love. But Lee Jun Ki on My Ear's Candy made it seem like a lover concept instead of a friendly conversation. There is no script and the viewers immersed themselves, Lee Jun Ki wanted to try romantic comedy and change his image, he really wanted to be an entertainer

[+321, -51] I think celebrities privacy should be protected, however this is not a drama, I hate to see lies. If you're such a pro, do not come. Haven't you been dating for a few years so why were you saying those things? Confusing cast and crew... why are the viewers treated like the crazy ones

• Like 8

I don't understand why the program happy together used the wrong ig of jeon hye bin, how could they make such a stupid mistake when news surrounding their relationship is already making some fans upset. They just made it worse and now people are misunderstanding her, was that their intention:crazy:

• Like 7

@pixelsticks I see that the instagram post isn't their real account names while shown on Happy Together. It's just shows their names as the account. I wonder if variety shows deliberately change the user name on Celebrity SM accounts while on display? 

@ohgee May be they changed the account names on purpose? Not wanting to advertise their SM? It does seem strange that it wasn't the correct accounts.

• Like 4

@ohgee ugh.  Really? It's none of our freaking business anyway.  I saw a supportive post on IG. I liked it.  Why do people want to tear other down?

@antoniaclamens I know what you mean.  His work in Scarlet was his best so far and I HATE that he hasn't received any individual recognition for it.

I need more HAPPY.  Some JG dancing.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I don't expect much from CM for any acting award because the nature the of the drama is not cut out for it. A guest starrers may have more opportunity to showcase their acting abilities. For saying that I'm still glad he took this project as this kind of production is a pioneer in Korean TV. 

Agree.Son Hyun Joo could win it too since he is also main cast.Much more than just him winning an acting award.I wish that this version of criminal minds becomes critically acclaimed, and joins the likes of Signal to be acknowledged for the big 3 (best script, best directing and best acting at a more prestigious event like baeksang and the general public).Even if there may not receive acting awards on places like soompi, dramafever or end of year awards(tvn doesnt do those)etc.I mean he is already credited as part of the team in King and the Clown, that revived the public love of historical movies in korean cinema in the 21st Century.So I wish he and criminal mind team to be the ones to set a positive view on remakes and adaptations in Korea and maybe people will start to make crime thrillers more trending not just fluffy rom coms, melos and historical fantasy.He has already done three adaptations; 

2012 Arang and the Magistrate(folklore of the Miryang area of Korea) his was the drama version.There was a movie based on the same folklore titled "Arang" in 2006 

2015 Scholar who walks the Night (manhwa adaptation)

2016 Moon Lovers(everyone knows about this one)

So if there is a person who needs to set a new record for remakes, it has to be him.But for this to happen, ratings must be a hit.Buts thats just my wish.its a dream i know.with the time slot friday and saturday night(too late 11:00 and ahjummas would be in bed) Signal and Goblin were both 20:30. young folk probably hanging out at the club and stuff(weekend after all).the majority who will be watching this are the hyungs and ajusshis plus the "controversy" is still hanging over people's heads and some variety show or baseball game on the rival channels could take the attention away from the drama at that time .But I am keeping my fingers crossed, dont want to be a derbie dower.I trust my oppa.He is the kind to take risks, rise even when the odds are against him and turn things around in unexpected way.

• Like 7