Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

5 hours ago, violina said:

JG Website puzzle has been solved by fans.I swear some people are just too smart.way too smart

And/or they have lots of free time and didn't have to sleep!  I thought about it, but it was 2 am. I wanted sleep.

Old school print  & cut to solve.

And there he goes again using his hand as a mask like Wang So. B)

• Like 12

7 Actors You Didn’t Know Could Rap

so-ji-sub1-e1437570282118.png
It’s a rare gem when you stumble upon an actor who has the ability to rap. It takes a special kind of actor with a lot of rhythm and swag to pull it off. Here’s a look at six actors who have graced us with their smooth verses.

Skipped unrelated.

3. Lee Joon Gi

Lee-Joon-Gi.png

Lee Joon Gi is known to have lots of energy; he likes to break out in dance and song on a whim. So it’s really no revelation that he has the ability to rap. He’s not very public about his rapping skills, but he is known to showcase his musical abilities at his fan meetings. He was even able to be part of a musical while he was in the military. It’s always good times when you can catch a glimpse of him performing on stage – what a natural!

Source: https://www.soompi.com/2017/04/21/6-actors-you-didnt-know-could-rap/

• Like 15

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Question:  What does it say on the bottom of the solved puzzle?  I SAW    .17?  

There's actually a "V L" in the white squares too, lol. So it ends up being "I SAW V L .17". Not sure if V L is referring to V Live. I'm also curious as to what it all ~means~. Hopefully, we find out sooner rather than later.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Nice puzzle solved ! It's too bad we can't solve it directly on the website, by making the little squares movable. But I guess they didn't put it there to make a game out of it ah ah. Can't wait to see more photos of the spread.

I was kinda hoping for that as well. Maybe it will become interactive at some point.

3 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

There's actually a "V L" in the white squares too, lol. So it ends up being "I SAW V L .17". Not sure if V L is referring to V Live. I'm also curious as to what it all ~means~. Hopefully, we find out sooner rather than later.

Thanks.  I was wondering about the white squares. V Live is a good guess.

I do wish JG was personally involved in this...website  "tease" that is.  

It's so weird to not have that personal touch...which WAS a part of his connection to fans before. 

• Like 8

And I made a tutorial on how to VOTE 10 times for JG Daily for the Popular TV/MAN Baeksang Awards

please VOTE for :heart:Lee JOON Gi:heart::

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Hana.Mobile.PaekSang.Awards2016

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/53rd-baeksang-arts-awards/id1110083368

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-men-in-the-world-2017-poll/?fv-page=1   Once Daily - Now on page 1 but there are some crazy vote totals for some of the top people. 

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-korean-actors-2017-poll/  Once Daily - He is #4 now... Only 1200+ more votes to #3. 

• Like 11

Just post on Criminal Mind Topic:

From Lee Joon-Gi International Fan Club:

[Criminal Minds Update]

Source- Blackhole weibo

1. The duration of the filming will be from April to mid-august. It is very likely that the filming will continue until the day of airing the last episode. [this is very common for k drama, scarlet heart-Ryeo was a special case since it was going to air at the same time in China, all filming had to be done first]

2. Photo of the script for the first episode, based on the blogger -bboaee (who is the original source) the filming has been going pretty smoothly, the script is also very interesting. Let's hope everything goes well~

Btw: I found the cinema where "Never said goodbye" is screen.... but..... the last show was at 15.30 O_O .... too earlier for me :/
I see that it will be show also in Osaka from 29.04... maybe I'll have more fortune there :)

• Like 11

Loving all the pics, vids and info... But i feed something from LJG himself so badly...

Right now I'm at the airport waiting for my plane... I can't believe I'm leaving korea and returning to RL....

Thankfully we have CM in sight.... I'm dying to watch it, with such a good cast and specially our LJG in it:) i have pretty high expectations... hope it delivers, I'm sure LJG will be awesome, hope the writer and production won't dissapoint

• Like 8

Hey chingus, since we don't get much new stuff and news these days I wanted to share some parts of the long (18 minutes) and interesting interview with Joon Gi which was on the Japanese DVD of MLSHR :) Some parts of the interview contain what we've already heard in other interviews about MLSHR but he talked about some new stuff, too, so I translated what I thought could be interesting for everyone.

photo ec2a232d-f3e8-4c0a-a153-df50b1ba7040_zpsyigukqmm.png

About playing a historical role from the Goryeo era

The historical set in Goryeo era is a first time experience for me. Plus, this time my role is someone who becomes an emperor. So yes, one of the reasons why I chose this drama definitely is to play the role of a king. Actually, with every historical drama I played, my social status in there gradually rose. So my fans who watch MLSHR now will probably say "He made it to king now". Yes, finally, I became an emperor. I am really satisfied. But unfortunately, the time I was Emperor Gwangjong was quite short...Still, I really do like to rise in status (laughs). Other than that, acting out the secret feuds and conflicts inside the palace were a first time experience for me, as well, and very intriguing. If I have another opportunity, I would like to act in a drama with palace conflicts once again.

Any episodes about the costumes?

Since it was my first time to wear costumes of the Goryeo era, everything felt like an "episode" for me. When I wore royal court costumes I thought "Wow, I will become the emperor in the future" and thus, I felt excited. Wearing formal royal robes was a pleasant experience. It feels like I became a different person. The costume I am wearing right now is called the "dog wolf's clothes". It is a costume that expresses the emotional scar Wang So received in his childhood and the sadness he embraces. The director and I talked several times until we decided on this outfit. We thought about it long and hard, shared many of our ideas and I even sent photo material I looked up in the internet to the director. So I think it is a costume with deep attachment for the director.... Of course, I also do like it very much. I think it is an outfit that expresses the character of Wang So very well. I love it. It looks exactly like it is made for a wolf dog, right? It has elements of both dog and wolf.

About costumes and make-up

Now I have showed you all kinds of costumes and make-up I could show you within my limits as yet - everything from someone with a topknot appearance to a Joseon era travelling entertainer. My role in this drama also shows everything from someone with low status to someone who succeeds the throne. Everything from hairstyle to speech, facial and emotional expressions as well as costumes was different and special in my dramas. So when I look at all of these historical roles, I think with MLSHR I reached the peak of what I am able to show you in historical dramas at my current age.

About pre-production

I was a little bit dissatisfied with this project being a pre-produced drama. It is a form of production every actor and staff member wished for but I prefer to act while hearing the reaction and critique of the audience. When I act I feel bothered about whether I am doing everything right or whether the direction of the drama is right. That is my personality. But if pre-production ever becomes the established form of production and many dramas will be filmed like this, I think the audience also gets to see better productions. So I wish MLSHR will become a pioneer for this development. I personally was dissatisfied but I still want this form of production to be firmly established. Pre-production as a system is still not perfect but I think with this form of production, dramas of higher quality can be produced.

About Director Kim Kyu Tae

Director KKT might not be the type of director who displays great charisma. There are all kinds of directors but he is more of a director who is precise/strict in what he does. Still, among all his preciseness he has got a gentle and good human nature on set. I like it. This side of director KKT pulls out unexpected strength/talent in actors. That is his strong point. If we had more time for filming and could have filmed MLSHR with more leeway I could have learned much more from him. That is a pity. I think he really has got great vigor. He is someone who pursues something to the end. That is something else I learned from him. Humans want to rest when they are exhausted but in his case, even then his head is always full with his current project. I admire him about this. After this project, I would like to work together with him again and have him teach me new things, maybe this time in a modern drama.

What are your favorite scenes?

Since I liked the way Wang So fell in love with Hae Su, my favorite ones are scenes with both of them together. I remember all the scenes when Hae Su drags out Wang So who doesn't like to spend time with people or those with only the two of them. The first one like this is when they are at the prayer stones and Hae Su opens the heart of an overwhelmed and violent Wang So who was just earlier abandoned by his mother. It is the first scene between just the two of them and a difficult scene because it was important to showcase all the emotions in the right way. But it did not take a long time to film this scene and both of us could immerse ourselves into our roles. I still remember it clearly. Other than that, there are many romantic scenes with Hae Su but kiss scenes are the ones I remember best, after all (laughs). Unfortunately, we didn't have as many kiss scenes as I thought we would film at first. Perhaps my fans would be mad with me (about saying this), though (laughs). But we were able to devote our full concentration to these kisses and the kiss scenes went well. When I heard that LJE didn't have experience with kiss scenes I was worried but everything went more than well. Actually, I think she did a great job. She is a professional actress and puts other actors and actresses to shame.

What is your secret of becoming this close to your fans?

My secret is that I try to listen to the voices of my fans and..... do SNS (laughs). My fans do not write anything unnecessary. It is important to listen to my fans wishes. Of course, I cannot do all they want me to do. But I try to attend to every fan equally and do my best to find out what they wish for and what kinds of things they want to see. I think the most important thing is to share a fun time with my fans. My fans support my activities as an actor and I do want to thank them for this. So it is important to think about how to express these feelings and to always give my best to return the favor.

On 19.4.2017 at 4:14 PM, glassnokamen said:

I'm actually in Japan :D:D I'll check the cinemas and see if I'm able to find this two magazines somewhere... someone know when they will be coming out? :)

You can order the magazines on amazon.co.jp :) 

ASIAN POPS MAGAZINE 127 comes out on May 2 https://www.amazon.co.jp/ASIAN-POPS-MAGAZINE-127号/dp/4802191758/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492619803&sr=1-1&keywords=asian+pops

And the other one today on April 22 https://www.amazon.co.jp/韓国TVドラマガイド-70-双葉社スーパームック-双葉社/dp/4575456829/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1492619777&sr=1-1&keywords=韓国tvドラマガイド

I don't know whether you have a permanent address in Japan or not but even if you don't have one you can have amazon.co.jp deliver the magazines to a convenience store nearby to wherever you live and pick them up later so it's very convenient :)

EDIT: I submitted the post too early so the translation of the interview wasn't complete yet but it's done now! Hope there's some new and interesting stuff among it for you guys.

Edited by oyashirazu
  • Like 16

3 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

Loving all the pics, vids and info... But i feed something from LJG himself so badly...

Right now I'm at the airport waiting for my plane... I can't believe I'm leaving korea and returning to RL....

Thankfully we have CM in sight.... I'm dying to watch it, with such a good cast and specially our LJG in it:) i have pretty high expectations... hope it delivers, I'm sure LJG will be awesome, hope the writer and production won't dissapoint

I think you speak for EVERY fan right now! How long with this last?  Is this a permanent change in his contact with the masses? 

Safe travels back to your RL. What was your overall experience with Korea?

1 hour ago, oyashirazu said:

(.....................Oh noooo..... I wasn't done yet but I accidently submitted my post already :tears: Still in the midst of translating. Please come back later for the rest of the interview! :lol:)

Hey chingus, since we don't get much new stuff and news these days I wanted to share some parts of the long (18 minutes) and interesting interview with Joon Gi which was on the Japanese DVD of MLSHR :) Most of the interview contains what we've already heard in other interviews about MLSHR but he talked about some new stuff, too, so I translated what I thought could be interesting for everyone.

About playing a historical role from the Goryeo era

A historical drama set in Goryeo era is a first time experience for me. Plus, this time my role is someone who becomes an emperor. So one of the reasons why I chose this drama is the role of a king. Actually, with every historical drama I played, my social status in there gradually rose. So my fans who watch this drama now will probably say "He made it to king now". Yes, finally I became an emperor. I am really satisfied. But unfortunately, the time I was Emperor Gwangjong was quite short... I really do like to ascend. Other than that, playing the secret feuds and conflicts inside the palace were a first time experience for me, as well, and very intriguing. If I have another opportunity, I would like to act in a drama with palace conflicts once again.

Any episodes about the costumes?

Since it was my first time to wear costumes of the Goryeo era everything was an "episode" for me. When I wore royal court costumes I thought "Wow, I will become emperor in the future" and I felt excited. Wearing formal royal robes was a pleasant experience. It feels like I became a different person. The costume I am wearing right now is called the "dog wolf's clothes". It is a costume that expresses the emotional scar Wang So received in his childhood and his sadness. The director and I talked several times and decided on this outfit. We thought about it long and hard, had many ideas and I even sent photo material I looked up in the internet to the director. So I think it is a costume with deep attachment for the director.... Of course, I also do like it very much. I think it is an outfit that expresses the character of Wang So very well. I love it. It looks exactly like it is made for a wolf dog, right? it has elements of both dog and wolf (laughs).

About costumes and make-up

Now I have showed you all kinds of costumes and make-up I could show you within my limits as yet - everything from someone with a topknot appearance to a Joseon era travelling entertainer. My role in this drama shows everything from someone with low status to someone who succeeds the throne. Everything from hairstyle to speech, facial and emotional expression as well as costumes was different and special. So when I look at all of these historical roles, I think with MLSHR I reached the peak of what I am able to show you in historical dramas at my age for now.

About pre-production

I was a little bit dissatisfied. It is a form of production every actor and staff member wished for but I want to act while hearing the reaction and critique of the audience. When I act I feel bothered about whether I am doing everything right and whether the direction of the drama is right. That is my personality. But if pre-production ever becomes the established form of production and many dramas will be filmed like this, I think the audience also gets to see more good productions. So I wish MLSHR will become a pioneer for this development. I personally was dissatisfied but I still want this form of production to be firmly established. Pre-production is still not perfect but I think dramas of higher quality can be produced with this form of production.

About Director Kim Kyu Tae

Director KKT might not be the type of director who displays great charisma. There are all kinds of directors but he is more of a director who is precise and subtle in what he does. Still, among all his preciseness he has got a gentle and good human nature on set. I like it. This side of director KKT pulls out unexpected strength/talent in actors. That is his strong point. If we had more time for filming and could have made MLSHR with more leeway I could have learned much more from him. That is a pity. I think he really has got great vigor. He is someone who pursues something to the end. That is something else I learned from him. Humans want to rest when they are exhausted but even then his head is always full with his project. I admire this about him. After this project I would like him to work together with him again and have him teach me new things, maybe this time in a modern drama.

Oh my @oyashirazu!!  Thank you for this!  I highlighted what I found the MOST interesting.  I do agree that LJG likes to take historical characters that ascend in some way AND I do think he would & should do another historical drama (preferably Goryeo) as a King/General with palace conflicts.  Fingers crossed!  Wouldn't have been fascinating to be a fly on the wall and overhear the conversations between JG and KKT about the costume choices for Wang So?  Are there any interviews of KKT on the DVD?  

I hope he hasn't reached his peak in historical dramas.  I did find it interesting that JG is disssatisfied with pre-production due to his personality of wanting immediate feedback to alter if need be.  I know many of you on here prefer pre-production and even he admits many do like it, but it's not his "normal" way of working but he is willing to for it to become the norm.  AND I wonder if working with KKT on a modern drama, the original hope was that they would all be working together again on MLSHR Season 2?

@glassnokamen Thanks for the CM info.  I hope you can see his movie in Japan!  And then tell us what it is like watching him on a huge movie screen for longer than a few minutes.  

• Like 7

I already posted this on the CM thread but for those who don't visit the thread: Apparently, Joon Gi has been sighted today (April 23) at Mok 4 Dong Market in Seoul, shooting something - most probably CM :) I like this simple look on him and hope it really is for CM. Is he solving a case at the market? :lol:

Translation:

My mother has seen Lee Joon Gi in the 4th Dong Market .. Criminal Minds? I think he shot it ...
But he looks really good and handsome.

EDIT: ....And @violina beat me to it :lol:

@pixelsticks I'm glad you found the interview interesting :) I was actually still in the midst of editing that post when you quoted me so perhaps you would want to re-read it again since some new stuff was added. Sorry for that :sweatingbullets: 

Sadly, there are no interviews with KKT on the DVD. I think it's a pity that directors and writers always come too short for things like this. I would love to hear more about KKT's vision of the drama as well as his opinion on Joon Gi - or as you mentioned, maybe his thoughts on MLSHR Season 2. As much as I love MLSHR, I'm no fan of sequels and hope it won't happen, though. 

I don't think he meant to say that he reached his peak in historical dramas but just for now at his current age he couldn't think of a character he could act out that is much different from the historical roles he showed us till now. So maybe we will have to wait some years or perhaps he will still accept a historical drama if a good and different kind of role will be offered to him. I do love him in sageuks so I do hope we don't have to wait too long for his next one.

• Like 15