Find Your Adventure: Around the World

agenth

2 hours ago, agenth said:

• You pass by a hotel most famous for its divine swimming pool, almost as if you can see all the orchids of the world: a famous shopping street, the beautiful flowers in the gardens. Enter the world of me and my three sisters as we navigate life, love and loss in the pursuit of our dreams. 

Spoiler

The orchid and the 3 sisters

ae755a5f85f36ab7d81bfd9346f3b7aa99b7bce3

Its little woman 

Place - Singapore

Stamp collected :piggydance:

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

• Love 4
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:
3 hours ago, agenth said:

@agenth  for this clue, I don't really have an idea.....

The location was mentioned in your post!

hint hint 

• Confused 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, willenette said:

Actually, I've never imagined visiting the place. But, going to the Middle East had always been a dream of mine. At first, I was a little apprehensive; I didn't know much about Doha. But the opportunity to see the real Middle East was an immediate yes for me. And every person I met and interacted with on this short trip was friendly; they were genuinely welcoming and excited to see tourists visiting their country. And in the end, that's the

(Sorry your post was cut - I couldn’t get ‘quote’ box to work)

Thanks for sharing! Places that elicit warm fuzzy feelings and good memories are the best! It’s time well spent and people worth meeting.

I found Dubai rather touristy too but that’s cos I did the touristy bits but I did go to the souks - the ones locals go to where everything has its own section. The textiles section would hv 50 shops selling fabric/buttons/ribbons/lace and hardware section would hv another 50 peddling tools. That was awhile back - prolly has changed?

Doha is definitely the place offering history and culture between the two - it started on Qatar Airlines for me. Kekeke. Their inflight magazine was super informative! Enchanting is how I would describe Doha.

Pity about the safety concerns- I would love to go to the other parts of the Middle East. 

• Love 3
  • Blob 2

19 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Do you put the link to the answer on the day the clue is revealed or are all the links in the threads already? 🤔

Our trusted tour guide @agenth works in mysterious ways. Even I don't know the answer to this one.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

19 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Still remember searching for BTS album on the flight but only found their Japanese album not the Korean's album  Hmmm... I wonder again.

Hmm.... Not sure which airline you were on, but I've been on flights before that only have the Japanese versions of BTS songs. Am always equally confused.

confused-suga.gif

20 hours ago, agenth said:

whoah. can you get an ESTA and then visit cuba and then go back, within the 2 year period of ESTA?

@rocat @agenth Absolutely not. You're required to inform the authorities if anything in your ESTA changes even while it's still valid.

If you choose to visit a country that is on the ban list, you will need to apply for a normal visa and schedule an interview if you want to visit the Americas. You are not allowed to travel in with an ESTA anymore.

9 hours ago, rocat said:

Memorable…being rolled around like meat and cleaned. Kekeke.

I honestly felt like a baby :D

8 hours ago, willenette said:

for this clue, I don't really have an idea.....

Do you want an additional clue?

28 minutes ago, rocat said:

Pity about the safety concerns- I would love to go to the other parts of the Middle East. 

I've traveled extensively in the world, also in the ME. It never seizes to amaze me how different the countries in the ME are. For history and culture, I really enjoyed Oman and Jordan the most. :kiss_wink:

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, partyon said:

Our trusted tour guide @agenth works in mysterious ways. Even I don't know the answer to this one.

I found the answer to my question myself :relieved: (It might not be right but it's ok)

Hmm.... Not sure which airline you were on, but I've been on flights before that only have the Japanese versions of BTS songs. Am always equally confused.

It was the Turkish flight.  Well, as long as the songs are theirs, I'm happy. 

I've traveled extensively in the world, also in the ME. It never seizes to amaze me how different the countries in the ME are. For history and culture, I really enjoyed Oman and Jordan the most. :kiss_wink:

Wow!  How many more countries haven't you visited? 

• Love 1
  • Blob 5

8 hours ago, partyon said:

Absolutely not. You're required to inform the authorities if anything in your ESTA changes even while it's still valid.

If you choose to visit a country that is on the ban list, you will need to apply for a normal visa and schedule an interview if you want to visit the Americas. You are not allowed to travel in with an ESTA anymore.

Interesting…is that why the immigration officers tend to thumb through passports so furiously looking for the stamp from Cuba? :lol:

Nft Crypto GIF by SuperRareBears

8 hours ago, partyon said:

've traveled extensively in the world, also in the ME. It never ceases to amaze me how different the countries in the ME are. For history and culture, I really enjoyed Oman and Jordan the most. :kiss_wink:

I’ve always imagined myself Indiana Jones-ing into Petra. Kekeke.

Have you done a count of the countries you have been to? :glasses:

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

11 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

Wow!  How many more countries haven't you visited? 

I still have a lot of countries in the world I haven't been to. I've had to travel a lot for business (am not working for an airline, though, lol). I've also enjoyed traveling since I was a kid, so I do try to travel on my free time as well. :kiss_wink:

3 hours ago, rocat said:

Interesting…is that why the immigration officers tend to thumb through passports so furiously looking for the stamp from Cuba? :lol:

Chingu, am guessing that they know if you've been there without having to look in your passport.

3 hours ago, rocat said:

I’ve always imagined myself Indiana Jones-ing into Petra. Kekeke.

Petra was lovely. Make sure to go there with a licensed guide to get the most out of it. Wadi Rum was also amazing.

p3151152.jpg?ssl=1&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=a1e88a

3 hours ago, rocat said:

Have you done a count of the countries you have been to? :glasses:

Yes, way over 100 countries. What about you?

@4evrkdrama @YongZura⁷ are you waiting for @agenth post a new clue?

Seems the plane has to go through de-icing before it can take off.... :joy:

De-icing-EFM-at-Munich-Airport.gif

(aka @agenth has to wake up :sweatingbullets:)

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

22 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I'm here @partyon with my backpack :lol:

Backpack's the best way to travel - especially if you aren't going on a 3 week holiday. :kiss_wink:

Since I know where you guys are traveling today (I saw the itinerary in advance), I would suggest to pack light anyway. A backpack is perfect! Do remember to pack a nice dress and some makeup with you, though. And some comfy walking shoes.

:hwaiting2:

• Love 2
  • Blob 3

28 minutes ago, partyon said:

Thats really an impressive number :yay:

Among the 100, which countries would be your top picks for a revisit ?

@4evrkdrama @YongZura⁷ are you waiting for @agenth post a new clue?

Indeed Eonni,

79f27d37b691c23e2f9304f23c4b7523.gif

Seems the plane has to go through de-icing before it can take off.... :joy:

(aka @agenth has to wake up :sweatingbullets:)

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952r3rpsmhnzo7lsny2qx

• LOL 5

10 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Indeed Eonni,

Me right now to @agenth with a gentle "Rise and Shine 😘" message.

peach-goma-peach-and-goma.gif

If that doesn't work, then it's:

wake-up-dog.gif

@YongZura⁷ good news is that she did respond to me. But I am suspecting she hasn't had her morning coffee yet.... :grimace:

fun-pets-pets-fun.gif

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, YongZura⁷ said:

We are on the halfway mark @4evrkdrama.  All the best to us 😎

Meet you later on the plane.

See you on the plane:issohappy:

And if you happen to have room in your carry on for some bonus snacks my tummy will be forever grateful :tounge_wink:

eonni @partyon

My apetite booked a ticket too

We need an upgrade to first class since the flight is delayed

b2264ed9cfce7e05af74d57ffafa1adbcf681f0d

• LOL 5

23 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Among the 100, which countries would be your top picks for a revisit ?

So many, dongsaeng. I could go back to all of them, and I have gone back to lots of them too. Some that are definitely on my list of countries I want to visit again when I have a chance: Japan, Mongolia, Sri Lanka, Argentina, Peru, Romania, Jamaica, Taiwan, Australia, Tonga, Panama, Oman to name a few. :kiss_wink:

8 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

We need an upgrade to first class since the flight is delayed

Here's your boarding pass :dorakiss:

a589a30fdbc4015c4b9f9a1b7d33b815.jpg

@YongZura⁷ and you:

bridesmaids-sassy.gif

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson.gif

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Morning,

I picked up my coffee! It's loads better than the one inside the plane, since I got nice third wave shop roasted beans

Here's another clue:

• I step from the city onto the scorching sands and rugged terrain: Follow the footsteps of soldiers and doctors as they navigate the battlefield of life and love. In this tale of sacrifice and salvation, watch as hearts collide against duty's call. 
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

hingu, am guessing that they know if you've been there without having to look in your passport.

Heh, I know but wanted to share my observations. I would never forget the lady in charge of the international arrivals line at JFK who sweared at a next-in-line passenger to pay attention cos he missed his cue to to go to the booth causing a fraction of a delay for the others in line. 

So I pay a lot of attention queuing there. 

That’s half the world! :glasses:
 I’ve done over 50 on my own and like you, since I was a kid. 

I've had to travel a lot for business (am not working for an airline, though, lol).

You must have had to answer that a lot :joy:

I’m thinking travel agency/writer or journalism-related or UN-related. Close? Kekeke. 

@agenth’s eyelids must be twitching by now…

It’s here!

Spoiler

spacer.png

I like this game.

• Love 5
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, agenth said:

I step from the city onto the scorching sands and rugged terrain: Follow the footsteps of soldiers and doctors as they navigate the battlefield of life and love. In this tale of sacrifice and salvation, watch as hearts collide against duty's call. 

:yaaa:

Looks like the plane had to divert to another airport than where we were originally going?

Our trusted pilot @agenth apparently had other plans for us than what was written in the itinerary :joy:

Forget the lipstick and the walking shoes @YongZura⁷ @4evrkdrama The dress is still valid though.

Click Canadian GIF by Shay Mitchell

7 minutes ago, rocat said:

I’m thinking travel agency/writer or journalism-related or UN-related. Close? Kekeke. 

Not even close. :D But would love to work in all those fields you just listed. :wub:

• LOL 4
  • Love 2