Find Your Adventure: Around the World

agenth

14 minutes ago, agenth said:

Here's another clue:

• I step from the city onto the scorching sands and rugged terrain: Follow the footsteps of soldiers and doctors as they navigate the battlefield of life and love. In this tale of sacrifice and salvation, watch as hearts collide against duty's call. 

Spoiler

The soldiers, sands

Doctors and battlefield of life and love

Its Descendants of the Sun

Descendants+of+the+sun.gif

Place Greek

2560px-Xigia_Beach_Zakynthos_Greece_(457

Its been always in my bucket list ever since i watched that drama

There are few places in my bucket list (the bucket is overloaded actually):loolz:

But few of them are influenced from kdramas and this place is one amongst them.

Those who have travelled (i you have) @willenette @partyon @agenth @rocat @YongZura⁷ Please share your experience about it :heartxoxo:

Stamp collected :dorashakes:

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

• Love 4
  • Blob 2

31 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@partyon Can we still trust the pilot?

Good question :loolz:

Our pilot @agenth is full of surprises sometimes, but that is what makes life so much more fun, no? :dorakiss:

@4evrkdrama Europe is a tiny continent with 46 countries, and it's cheap to fly. We have a lot of low cost carriers, and it's even easy to take a train or your car to go to another country.

For today's destination

Spoiler

Been many times to Greece, and I have to admit that it's one of those countries that has so much to see and do. Exploring the islands is fun, but even Athens is such an interesting city. You can feel the ancient history in Greece. The food is super yummy and healthy too!

I've actually been to the island of Zakynthos that is featured in today's clue. It's not as pretty as Santorini, but it has way less tourists and influencers which in my opinion is a huge plus. Santorini is so bad nowadays it annoys me to go there. Influencers are just ruining the mood. And the amount of Asians doing wedding dress shoots there is also overwhelming. Am the type of person who loves going to small villages and spending time with local people instead. Having a nice glass of wine and authentic food. Stay in a comfy bed and breakfast.

One surprising way of getting the Greek experience without going to Greece is to visit Albania. On the southern coast of Albania there is Saranda which is a short 20 min boat ride away from the Greek island of Corfu. The prices are much cheaper, but you get the same type of food, vibe and beaches. And way less people.

photo-lieu-604-1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6a2d

There are also some UNESCO world heritage sites close by if you're interested in ancient history. They are true gems and amazing as you don't have to struggle with big crowds. Butrint is a must-see place.

ancient-theater-in-butrint-albania-jess-

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

54 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Those who have travelled (i you have) @willenette @partyon @agenth @rocat @YongZura⁷ Please share your

I haven’t been to that particular island but have done some others in Greece. I really liked Crete and the charming old town of Chania.

spacer.png

The Palace of Knossos in Crete is also an archaeological site to visit if you like history. Legend has it that the King raised the mythical creature, Minotaur, in the labyrinth here. 

spacer.png

in the museum there, there’s something called a Phaistos Disc containing symbols yet to be decoded because it is the only one thus far with them. There is little means for comparison and cross-checks so no one knows its origins but yet it is seen all over Crete like an emblem of sorts representing Crete. 

spacer.png

Then there is Meteora, UNESCO site of monasteries in the sky. Simply magical.

spacer.png

• Love 5
  • Blob 2

On 4/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, agenth said:

Clue #6

• I step from the city onto the scorching sands and rugged terrain: Follow the footsteps of soldiers and doctors as they navigate the battlefield of life and love. In this tale of sacrifice and salvation, watch as hearts collide against duty's call. 

I guessed it this one easily despide not watching the drama but Clue 5 I have to think and search a little more. Is it a daily drama? Why I don`t have a clue? 🤕 

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

I found clue nr 5 thanks to three key words search ☺️

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1

21 hours ago, rocat said:

(Sorry your post was cut - I couldn’t get ‘quote’ box to work)

Thanks for sharing! Places that elicit warm fuzzy feelings and good memories are the best! It’s time well spent and people worth meeting.

I found Dubai rather touristy too but that’s cos I did the touristy bits but I did go to the souks - the ones locals go to where everything has its own section. The textiles section would hv 50 shops selling fabric/buttons/ribbons/lace and hardware section would hv another 50 peddling tools. That was awhile back - prolly has changed?

Doha is definitely the place offering history and culture between the two - it started on Qatar Airlines for me. Kekeke. Their inflight magazine was super informative! Enchanting is how I would describe Doha.

Pity about the safety concerns- I would love to go to the other parts of the Middle East. 

@rocat  no worries - I don't really mind.  Were you referring to the Arab Market? I've been there, too! I find it nice because there you don't worry if you don't have cash – all outlets take cards. And besides, you can haggle and many will drop their prices by as much as 50%.  :kitty:

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 4

8 hours ago, 4evrkdrama said:

Hide contents

The soldiers, sands

Doctors and battlefield of life and love

Its Descendants of the Sun

Place Greek

Its been always in my bucket list ever since i watched that drama

There are few places in my bucket list (the bucket is overloaded actually):loolz:

But few of them are influenced from kdramas and this place is one amongst them.

Those who have travelled (i you have) @willenette @partyon @agenth @rocat @YongZura⁷ Please share your experience about it :heartxoxo:

Stamp collected :dorashakes:

Reveal hidden contents

VR-Passport-1.jpg

@4evrkdrama nothing to share because I haven't been to Greece yet.   :heart3:

22 hours ago, partyon said:

Do you want an additional clue?

@partyon  I think I haven't watched the drama, hence I was clueless. :heart2:

• Love 2
  • Blob 4

Pretty late to the party, but great to see everyone enjoying the event :exercice:

Talking about the country in clue number 6 though

Spoiler

Greece is surely one of the top destinations that I want to explore. I am a history lover and the whole historical context of that country has always intrigued me for a long time.

At the same time, I am a casual gamer too, and I happened to play Assassins Creed Odyssey which takes place in ancient Greece. It was at this point that Greece went straight to my top most countries that I got to visit. If ancient Greece was as beautiful as the game captured, surely it is still a very beautiful country to visit. Hopefully someday I will get to visit it :wow1:

22 hours ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@partyon Can we still trust the pilot?

You got to if you are already on board :loolz:

Sometimes all you need is a sudden change of plans, and things become more interesting. Just like @partyon Noona says, our pilot is indeed full of surprises :piggydance:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 3

Unfortunately I haven't been to today's destination either. So far only been to one of them, anyone want to take a guess? Haha.

As for country #6

Spoiler

I have been to Athens and Thessaloniki - historical sights and food, instead of island hopping. Of course I want to see the various islands as well, but there was a small island nearby Athens too, where I could get the best pistachio cream: https://greekreporter.com/2023/12/26/pistachios-greek-island-aegina-best/#:~:text=The Greek island of Aegina,in the mid-19th century.

It was a nice trip, but if we compare Rome and Athens, I'd pick Rome - i have a soft spot for the eternal city. 

Clue #7

• It's fall season, red leaves fall all around you. Wrapped in your red scarf you travel to the other side of the world in a matter of moments. Maybe you'll find your powerful and centuries old love on the opposite side of the door? 
  • Shocked 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, agenth said:

Clue #7

• It's fall season, red leaves fall all around you. Wrapped in your red scarf you travel to the other side of the world in a matter of moments. Maybe you'll find your powerful and centuries old love on the opposite side of the door? 

Omo

Omo

The red leaves, red scarf.......awwww

One of my fav. Drama @agenth

I was waiting for this place stamp to be in the game. 

Kumaoyo :ohboy2:

Stamp collected 

Spoiler

Drama - Goblin

tumblr_p71puuuKhX1tfw70go1_500.gif

Place : Quebec - Canada 

tumblr_ok5vtbvcgh1s86jvvo6_500.gif

Wish if i could travel like him :

Open the door , teleporting to the place one wish to 

2701cecc69020dcd58e868461e4b28f5.gif

VR-Passport-1.jpg

• Love 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Clue #7

Squeeeeeal ! :wub:
Never been to that part but another twice.

Spoiler

spacer.png

About the country …

Spoiler

I’ve only been to Vancouver - the last time was driving through the snow via the Seattle border crossing. Quite an adventure driving through snow…something I wish not to repeat. 

Montreal is somewhere I want to go to during the Just for Laughs festival- not sure they still have that…

Also hoping to go on a Whistler/Canadian Rockies train trip when I retire so I can stay for longer. It’s very far from where I am :lol:

spacer.png

• Love 5
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, agenth said:

Unfortunately I haven't been to today's destination either. So far only been to one of them, anyone want to take a guess? Haha.

I've been to this one too. :emmm:I remember that the service was pretty bad in this part of the country. :sweats:

You went to Singapore, I know.

9 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Talking about the country in clue number 6 though

I hope you can go someday, dongsaeng. The food is good and the scenery amazing :kiss_wink:

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

9 hours ago, agenth said:

Clue #7

@agenth  I guess this is "Goblin" and was filmed in Canada. In Korea, they also filmed the drama in Bukchon Hanok Village and Sinchon Graffiti Tunnel as far as I remember (Remember the hilarious scene from Goblin, where Kim Shin (Gong Yoo) and the Grim Reaper (Lee Dong-wook) walk in style? It was in Sinchon). I've been to these places. I've been to Canada many times because my relatives & a friend are residing there. This country has beautiful landscapes. Canada has something for everyone. In my 1st visit to Bukchon, I went on a free walking tour. The area was busy with lots of tourists. The streets can be steep. Everyone that visits Seoul should visit here. It's a real neighborhood. In Sinchon, the long, domeshaped passageway is covered in colorful graffiti. A very colorful tunnel.   :kitty:

• Love 1
  • Blob 4

On 4/26/2024 at 6:34 PM, agenth said:

Clue #7

I forgot about the event.

Found it.

Spoiler

VR-Passport-1.jpg

How many clues it will be? 

• Shocked 1
  • Love 3
  • Blob 1

another day another clue

• Singer or the city, both certainly take our breath away.  Don’t be too surprised if you chance upon a chaebol heiress  and her not so  chaebol husband navigating terminal illness in the midst of a crumbling marriage, as we fervently pray for a HEA for our beloved couple.
  • Love 2
  • Blob 2

Spoiler

spacer.png

clue #8!

The location…

Spoiler

…is eye-opening. 

What struck me the most were the stories about the communities of East and West Berlin - how they lived, suffered and finally found peace. 

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

For a moment I thought I got the wrong thread ... until I checked the last post 😅

(Haven't watched it yet)

Spoiler

8. The Queen of Tears - Germany

L.jpg

I'm on a semester break ... so I'm able to enjoy travelling 🌏 at the moment. The timing is just right.  

• Love 1
  • Blob 3