[Current Drama 2024] Brave Yong Soo Jung -용감무쌍 용수정 - Mon to Fri 19:05 - 19:40 KST - Cast: Uhm Hyun Kyung, Seo Jun Young

4 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Here is the ratings for Episode 8! :).

11th? That’s not good. Even Elegant Empire scored better in the earlier episodes.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I don't get why the SFL is so against the FL. Is it really because she said that she would kick her out of her house, an wouldn't let her touch FL's chess set? 

Also, it looks like the jujube jam recipe is drama's secret soy sauce recipe. (Third Marriage) Someone will make a fortune with that recipe?  

Also, what excerise makes you toss small dumbells across the room?

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

They're teasing a romantic connection between the SFL's mother, and FL's adopted father. 

Oh heaven have mercy on us. This has to be a joke. I will admit that I missed any interaction between the two but even this I don't want to see this.

10 hours ago, kboramint said:

Also, what excerise makes you toss small dumbells across the room?

Shippers on Board. They want the Su Jeong to end up with Ui Joo so they are helping her discretely :) or maybe one of them is frustrated that the exercise isn't working out as planned and thus throwing a tantrum.

10 hours ago, kboramint said:

I don't get why the SFL is so against the FL. Is it really because she said that she would kick her out of her house, an wouldn't let her touch FL's chess set? 

Are we talking about the past version or the current/present version. If it is the former then this point is certainly a contributing factor. I would say that the root cause would probably be jealousy during this time period. Let's be honest if we didn't know that Su Jeong was the female lead we really wouldn't have liked her back then. She appeared like a Snob when she said that. But anyway back then for the second female lead it was more along the following lines.

Here she has nothing, she has no idea of who her father is because he wants nothing to do with her, hardly any fancy clothes or even a place to call her own and almost always on the move. But here she witnesses a girl that takes things for granted. Someone with loving parents (including the love of a father), enough food which she can not eat if she doesn't feel like compared to her who only gets to eat when her mother is employed, fancy clothes and gifts. Not only that but also a room of her own with a bed. She on the other hand is sharing a small room with her mother which probably doesn't even have a bed. Then just when she was getting comfortable and enjoying her new life they had to flee in the middle of the night leaving it all behind. So I guess like I said earlier jealousy was the root cause of her not liking the female lead back then.

If we are talking about the present day it would be for the following reasons. She is jealous that the Second Male Lead is showing interest in her. In other words she is feeling threatened by her presence for a few reasons. She wants to win the second male lead over and finally have a chance to live the well off and rich lifestyle that she always dreamed off. The first time she was prevented because he was with someone else and I guess she wasn't all that evil or just didn't have enough power or influence back then to do anything about it. Not she feels differently. So she naturally doesn't want the female lead around. She doesn't want to lose out to her. But that isn't the only reason why she is threatened by her.

As we witnessed and confirmed in one of the recent episodes she was indeed the one that trapped the female lead in that room when the fire was raging. That makes it attempted murder if the Female Lead were to remember this fact she can have her reported and her life would be ruined. Not only this but we also have to remember that the current life the second female lead is living is mostly a lie. The one person that can sort of expose this is the female lead. She just needs to say oh by the way she used to be the hired helps daughter back in the day. There goes the well crafted lie of the Second Female Lead down the drain. While it really isn't a big deal in someways she may think that will be the end of her life or certain pathways. For instance a rich family may see that in a negative light and might not want to accept her as a future DiL. As of now her key selling point is that she seems like an influential person and therefore might even be well off but once exposed people might not look at her in the same light and that frightens her.

The best line that the Female Lead gave so far was to a question we all wonder about all these second leads.

Su Jeong - Are you stalking me. Don't you have any work to do (or something along those lines. she may have even mentioned time in her question. but we have always wondered this haven't we. If the second leads are always busy plotting to take down/frame the main leads when do they actually have time to do their own work.

Will the grandmother hire the male lead to help find himself that will certainly be interesting. She has just realized that she can't trust the people around her. I do worry about her driver as well. Is henchman going to take him down to make an opening for one of his own agents so that they can better spy on the grandmother. Still it is interesting to know that the grandmother is smart when it comes to her covert meetings and she has realized that her sons current will is a forgery. I am just curious did she not know the name of the her current grandsons mother because that is what it seemed like.

The pearl incident was interesting because we discovered that the stepmother apparently had some kind of secret deal going with them. What that is remains to be seen. But thanks to the intervention of certain people that isn't going to happen now. The ten million dollar lawsuit/suing them now makes more sense. The money wasn't in damages but what she was paying them for the deal. Otherwise a company selling a defective product was a surprise. But then the stepmother actually trying to cover it up just came out as weird. At least the grandmother had a whole lot more sense over here.

Technically the female lead didn't do anything to clear her name. She got lucky because the male leads helped her out secretly. but whatever. We also find out that the female leads father took out a huge loan to start their current guest house. Will the second female lead try and take advantage of this fact and try and kick them out by somehow pressuring the bank so that they are forced to suddenly pay back the loan.

Also what was with the female lead causing the second incident. I know that the female lead was indirectly responsible for that since she made a deal with the chef to have the show sabotaged. But the female lead should probably know better. Hasn't she ever worked in a kitchen before. Adding water or ice in oil really isn't a good idea how does she not know this fact. Not only that when she was making that jam I was afraid that she was going to dose off and start another small fire. Perhaps another fire is what she does need to remember what happened back in the past. regardless she probably does deserve to be disciplined this time round. I wonder how she will manage to get out of this one.

anyway I am going to end this post over here for the time being. I am sure that I am forgetting something but nothing can be done about that. Plus my laptop battery needs charging. So till that happens I probably won't be adding anything more. Take care all of you and I am looking forwards to reading the rest of your posts.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

SFL needs to do better with being evil and with her style.  I miss Kang SeRan from The Third Marriage. Even if she was horrible, at least she was intensely evil and wore fab outfits and I could enjoy her as a villain.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

SFL needs to do better with being evil and with her style.  I miss Kang SeRan from The Third Marriage. Even if she was horrible, at least she was intensely evil and wore fab outfits and I could enjoy her as a villain.

Kang Seran is one of the best SFL villians in recent years. She's up there with the SFL from Second Husband and Game of Witches. This villianous SFL is no better than the villianous SFL from Meant To Be.     

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kboramint said:

This villianous SFL is no better than the villianous SFL from Meant To Be. 

The villainous SFL in Meant To Be was more of an antagonist (and the FL was a better character overall), the dad was the major/main villain there.

• Like 1

I have jumped into the show with this episode. Not impressed.

The CEO is the evil mother in some show which I had forgotten. She’s playing the same? Poor woman is stereotyped, maybe? 

The SFL was in Uee’s show for a few episodes. 

The victimised FL? Oh no not again. :hwaiting2:

I will finish up Two Sisters and pop in again. 

It’s hard to say if it’s their characters or the acting for the ML and FL. They are so mundane in this episode. 

• Like 2