[Current Drama 2024] Su Ji and Woo Ri - 수지맞은 우리 - Mon to Fri 20:30 KST

0ly40

3 hours ago, Lmangla said:

had a baby out of wedlock but her dad perhaps gave away the child. maybe thats why she has a hard time believing he married her out of love. 

If she were pregnant and he married her to cover up, then the kid would be with them, otherwise there was no reason for her to marry a poor man or lesser man in her books.

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

If she were pregnant and he married her to cover up, then the kid would be with them, otherwise there was no reason for her to marry a poor man or lesser man in her books.

yes, exactly. she despises him and thinks she married beneath her. so the only reason I can think of is illegitimate baby. doctor han says he didn't do anything and nothing indicates he is a liar. my guess is that her father gave away the baby and she blames doctor han than her precious father for the choice. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

the age thing is a bit confusing because woori is a junior to sooji. guess it was because he had to finish his public service after becoming a doctor while she didn't have to.

this clip was really confusing to me because I feel like the drama showed the same scene earlier except there was only one child. am I remembering it wrong? was wondering if it was a dream that mari had that she raised two children???

@Lmangla  I think Soo Ji is a Junior because of their work place. She has worked at the hospital much longer than U Ri.  

Today

This is scene where SJ talks to her family . please everyone tell mer does scene disgust you. Horrible Father but with Na Young he is more caring .

Yun Ja didn’t want Su Ji to move in. smh smh

Na Young has never been sincere. She congratulates her in one breath and then says say "sorry" , hoping she never comes back.  I hate Na Young. She is vicious, selfish and doesn't know what love is.  She doesn't deserve to be a mother.

• Like 4
  • Blob 1

44 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yes, exactly. she despises him and thinks she married beneath her. so the only reason I can think of is illegitimate baby. doctor han says he didn't do anything and nothing indicates he is a liar. my guess is that her father gave away the baby and she blames doctor han than her precious father for the choice. 

But I don’t understand why her father gave her baby ( if true) away if she is respectably married? After marrying her off to a lesser man she didn’t love, the father ( if true) gave away his grandson - kdrama grandson is loved. I think the father would give away the child if the husband is a chaebol with eminent in laws etc. 

Maybe her son died and she could not accept it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

But I don’t understand why her father gave her baby ( if true) away if she is respectably married? After marrying her off to a lesser man she didn’t love, the father ( if true) gave away his grandson - kdrama grandson is loved. I think the father would give away the child if the husband is a chaebol with eminent in laws etc. 

Maybe her son died and she could not accept it?

well, it is just my theory. so far, we have no idea what happened to mari or the son. all we know is that she has a hidden plate in the monastery where she cries and prays along with her father's death anniversary. I figure they can't have both ML and FL be runaway babies. that would be like a boring pandemic! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

There was that scene a few episodes back when Woori saw Mari in the hospital and had the look of seeing someone he should know, so chances are when he was lost as a child both parents were around and are equally guilty.  On the topic of the lack of identity crises for Woori and Doori, I suspect a lot of that is Woori's effort for Doori's sake.  Remember early in the series when he called her into his room so he can pay for her lessons and told her to not feel guilty about it, emphasizing he's her brother?  He's putting in the effort to enforce that they are a family, which means he isn't interested in his past, but protecting his present.  And considering who adopted them, the siblings probably had an actual loving family environment growing up so it was much easier on them to let go of any past traumas they may have.

Edit: so Woori is definitely from a previous relationship.  That said how he went missing is still up in the air, because they both act like he's dead.

• Like 3

Dr Han did not know that the boy was not his son. The wife shot herself in the foot.

Now Uri is the son of a rich woman, who would Doori’s parents be? Or Ara’s?

There was another show something villa which had a single woman with 3 adoptees. I enjoyed watching that. I can’t say I am enjoying this much.

Instead of blurting out that her stepmother or mistress wife stole the money and she was in an accident, the mother said that she would explain everything. Likewise the father said I would explain everything. What kind of promos were those?

• Like 1

I expected as much from SJ. She would sacrifice herself or at least take a back seat for the Jins but would not give her birth mother a chance to explain. Kdrama have many such characters.

Famous line ever … What is your relationship with Chae Seo Young???? lol 

She knows about the accident. But she has not completely forgiven her yet. Sy will need to be a bit more patient. 

• Like 3

UR claims that his bio-mom died from stomach cancer. Now, does he know this for a fact or did someone tell him this?

If we assume that Mari is UR's bio-mother, then who would lie to him and say that his mother died from  stomach cancer? 

Is he lying to himself and everyone else because he doesn't want to believe that his bio-mother abandoned him?

If we assume that UR knows for a fact that his mother has died then Mari is not UR's bio-mother and we can assume that her older child has died or remain missing and is not anyone in the current cast. 

If so, does she blame her husband for his older son's death?

As of right now, I'm going to tend to believe that UR is telling the truth, and he knows for certain that his bio-mom died from stomach cancer. He does not have a birth secret. He seems to know both his mom and SJ's mom were at the same hospital. 

It seems like Ara's bio-mother and Mari's lost child seems like something that Dr. Suji is going to help and it doesn't relate to UR in anyway. 

----

In the preview, SJ called her step-mom by her full name. Calling an elder by her full name is somewhat rude in Korean culture. I don't think her grandma is going to approe of this.   

• Like 3

4 hours ago, kboramint said:

the preview, SJ called her step-mom by her full name. Calling an elder by her full name is somewhat rude in Korean culture. I don't think her grandma is going to approe of this.   

I think she is saying that you are not related to me. What do you think?

I am cutting you out, so be careful. How’s that? 

She has been so wimpy so far, will she grow talons, so to speak?

• Like 1

want to give a round of clap for doctor han -- the character who is thinking things through and not taken in by nayoung at all. he knows it is a plot and she is not to be trusted. he knows that it will be a disastrous marriage for HS. but like he said, no one is interested in his opinion and so it does not matter what he thinks. liked that he hasn't deviated from his divorce plan -- it is still on! 

the way mari talks, it looks like she might have suffered a miscarriage. she is too worried about nayoung losing the baby. so maybe there was no missing child all these years at all. hyun woo perhaps was a baby that passed away. this would explain why mari is so focused on ignoring all the red flags and signals and thinking nothing matters because it is HS child

13 hours ago, kboramint said:

UR claims that his bio-mom died from stomach cancer. Now, does he know this for a fact or did someone tell him this?

he went into an orphanage and was adopted at middle school. so he would have had his memories of his mother passing. think we can go with the story that woori is not a rich man's child unless this lady was married to someone rich or she took the baby from mari. 

8 hours ago, maribella said:

She has been so wimpy so far, will she grow talons, so to speak?

lets hope so; while she has hidden nayoung's actions from the general public, wish she would tell HS. but then again, he does not want to know and is all prepared to marry nayoung just for the baby. it will be fun if she reveals the truth to doctor han but she likes to keep her professional life separate.. so we might have to wait a while before her talons draw blood.

On 6/25/2024 at 9:15 PM, UnniSarah said:

Yun Ja didn’t want Su Ji to move in. smh smh

Na Young has never been sincere. She congratulates her in one breath and then says say "sorry" , hoping she never comes back.  I hate Na Young. She is vicious, selfish and doesn't know what love is.  She doesn't deserve to be a mother.

same; can't stand mother and daughter. they are so entitled. am looking to seeing them cry and weep. neither of them know love. it is all about using people for their own benefit. mistress mom wanted a provider and security for nayoung -- so she targeted suji's dad and got pregnant. she had no shame about it. now, nayoung has repeated the same pattern with HS but her reasons were motivated by jealousy and petty revenge. maybe, mistress mom also had those same feelings towards restaurant mom who was doing well and settled whereas she was struggling as a single parent without money and lots of debt. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1