[Current Drama 2024] Su Ji and Woo Ri - 수지맞은 우리 - Mon to Fri 20:30 KST

0ly40

Poll 1: Su Ji and Woo Ri   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Doctor Han and Mari will divorce?

• For sure! The man has been unhappy for years. It is too late to reconcile
    • This is a daily. All will be forgiven and they will have a nice happy photo in end
    • I don't care!
    • Something else. What?
  2. 2. What do you think will happen to Sun Young (restaurant mom)?

• She will have romance with Doctor Han
    • She will have romance with uncle
    • She will have no romance and live happily single
    • She wiill have romance with both Dotor Han and uncle
    • Something else. What?
  3. 3. Do you think Woori is the son of Mari?

• Yes, all clues suggest that way
    • Nah. It is too easy if that happens
    • Maybe, maybe not!

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 07/19/2024 at 03:00 PM

@yamiyugi 

It has been confirmed in today's episode that SuJi changed her name to a English name when they went abroad. SuJi (Suzy) is that name.  

Also, the elders in SuJi's family (including her bio-mom) have made a pact that they will not tell SuJi who her real mother is until SuJi's bio-mom tells her herself. SuJi's dad now knows SuJi's birth mom owns the resaurant. 

• Like 3

In the preview,  the mother’s voiceover was that NY caused SJ misery. I am looking forward to some real payback.

@kboramint are you on top of this show? Do you know if the father cheated on the mother with the stepmother?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maribella said:

@kboramint are you on top of this show? Do you know if the father cheated on the mother with the stepmother?

I'm not top of this show but I do know the father did cheat and the stepmother gave birth to SJ's brother.  

This drama is ready to be the light hearted family drama version of The Two Sisters. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kboramint said:

I'm not top of this show but I do know the father did cheat and the stepmother gave birth to SJ's brother.  

This drama is ready to be the light hearted family drama version of The Two Sisters. 

I have just watched the latest episode and the stepmother was scolding her daughter for dating or chasing after SJ’s ex just like she stole SJ’s father. 
There was also some flashback which showed stepmother mooching on the family in the beginning and the father helped the stepmother get a job in his company. Yes, red flag. The MIL seemed suspicious of the situation already. SJ’s mum was made out to be ‘trusting’. Yet SJ wanted to protect the stepsister by not revealing a tell all video? Not another self sacrificing idiot FL?

@UnniSarah  the FL may not be a doormat to all, but her sense of loyalty is too much. Hope her mum corrects her.

Light hearted version of Two sisters? Not by a long short. Nothing funny of a cheating father and lying stepmothet.

• Like 3

@maribella I feel SuJi is a loyal friend and very filial to her family. the problem with Su Ji is also her panic disorder. Su Ji was hospitalized after she was passed out from the netizens harassment and the the group of people her father swindled. Su Ji was the breadwinner in the family. She has lived for this family and her father used her name so people would invest in his company. He met a man who conned him and took  all the investments money for himself. So all the people who invested went after Su Ji because she was a public figures and had to pay them back. She also paid the bills , never had the chance to save any of her money meanwhile Na Young never paid any bills or had any other responsibilities. When they became broke, Su Ji had to take out a loan to pay the investors back. 

Na Young has indeed followed her mother step to capturing a man’s heart. 
- took out a loan 

- possible pregnancy ( if she is pregnant the baby will die)

- Stalked her future husband 

- stalked Ma Ri 

@maribella  I believe. Seon Young actuall conditioned daughter to give in to Na Young. 

I will share the clip later 

The only person in HS family she is not close with is the father.  The father doesn’t like her at all. 

• Like 3

am catching up on the drama and it is really hard to see sooji not stand up for herself. okay, she has some loyalty but what about her family members? why not just say that it is family conflict and the videos are not the whole truth? the father, the brother and the grandmother sort of apprciate sooji but no one wants to fight for this girl? everyone is happy is eat whatever she gave but don't have any sense of loyalty towards her?

@UnniSarah ~ it is not loyalty motivating her but rather a sense of shame and embarrassment. sooji has really conflicted feelings about nayoung and for so many years, there has been friction. at the same time, sooji is such a private person that she doesn't share her feelings even with her ex-boyfriend. she kept him at a distance. she said the thing she appreciated most about him was that he never asked about her family life. to reveal to the public that their family is so messed up that her sister is doing this to her would be too much shame. something really major has to happen before sooji reveals the truth. 

@maribella ~ am really hoping restaurant mama goes full mama bear mode and decides on some petty revenge. nayoung and her mom deserve some comeupance. but then again, we are only on ep 59. so maybe too early for that. and I agree with you, this drama does not feel lighthearted at all. actually two sisters was light and comedic as nothing made sense. here, this is more akin to real life conflict and so it is rather heavy to see such a dysfunctional family dynamic. @kboramint ~ I think it will get darker; woori diagnosed nayoung early on as insecure, stalkerish, obsessive tendencies with a strong victim mentality. so nayoung is likely to wreck a lot of havoc before she self-implodes. there will be no weird haha ending here. 

• Like 5

the toxic relationship between the older doctor couple is so intriguing. why does she hate him so much that she wanted to punish him for so many years? what satisfaction did she get out of making everyone including her son miserable? their interactions have so much fire and angst - riveting! but will doctor han fall for restaurant mama? it is kind of sad that he was so starved of some human kindness that her meals were such a sole support of comfort for him in all those years. 

• Like 6

@Lmangla I was saying this drama doesn’t feel like a family drama like “No Matter What” or,” Be my Dream Family”. These drama was lighthearted for me. There are so many twist for example 

U ri and Su Ji pairing won’t happen until the the adoption has become nulled

Do Young and Doo Ri pairing Seon Young Will oppose them because of his mother 

I don’t think Na Young and HS will have happily ever after because they both toxic and obsessive personality 

• Like 5

@UnniSarah Maybe it’s a combination of family and shame to have that kind of family as @Lmangla puts it, dysfunctional. Just from a few episodes, it looks like the father is the loser. 

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

am really hoping restaurant mama goes full mama bear mode and decides on some petty revenge. nayoung and her mom deserve some

Her stepmother deserves 27 years of  something.

I saw the actress in another show, once again ( Goodness, I remember) she was the same, her speech, dressing, even the character - shameless.

10 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

believe. Seon Young actuall conditioned daughter to give in to Na Young. 

I think that was to give in because she was older. I saw that flashback.

SJ’s mother was trusting if not downright stupid then.
The woman had already stabbed you in the back and to trust her with a large sum of money? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@Lmangla I was saying this drama doesn’t feel like a family drama like “No Matter What” or,” Be my Dream Family”. These drama was lighthearted for me. There are so many twist for example 

U ri and Su Ji pairing won’t happen until the the adoption has become nulled

Do Young and Doo Ri pairing Seon Young Will oppose them because of his mother 

I don’t think Na Young and HS will have happily ever after because they both toxic and obsessive personality 

The first few episodes were kind of boring for me and I dropped it. thought it was some sort of hospital drama and that is not a genre I like. also, the initial interactions between sooji and woori were bit too broadly comedic -- didn't feel really funny....but with two sisters ending, I wanted something else to watch and so I picked up the drama again. 

but after ep 10 or so, it really changed gear and the storyline became more and more intense. I hope they maintain the same feel because it would be strange to have a lighthearted drama all of a sudden

don't think nayoung and HS will be happy either. HS is clearly on a rebound and very lonely. not sure how much he was truly in love with sooji and how much of it was his desire to get away from his home. his family life was years of walking on eggshells and being caught in the middle between his mother and father. as much as he was in love, his need for a normal calm atmosphere was higher.

his mother is quietly toxic and obsessive -- who sticks around for 30 years with divorce in their hearts because they are angry over something? so a lot of tendencies, he has picked up from her. like his mom, he was unwilling to let go of sooji but she made the decision for him. from the start, there was quite a bit of control. nayoung will always be second to him and this will drive her nuts. she will show her claws soon enough but the difference is that he won't care enough to fight for her unless there is a baby involved... 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

difference is that he won't care enough to fight for her unless there is a baby involved... 

He’s sleeping with her already? She had worked on getting the guy for the past few months, she told her mother while shooing her away.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, maribella said:

He’s sleeping with her already? She had worked on getting the guy for the past few months, she told her mother while shooing her away.

HS got drunk after Su Jo broke up with him. Every time he had a fight with Su Ji , he got drunk and NY will always put him to bed afterwards. We did not see if they slept together but she was in his apartment the next morning. 

• Like 4

caught up - the mistress mom is even more insufferable than nayoung herself. how can she think it is a good idea to go to the restaurant and stay with sooji??? neither mother nor daughter have any sense of accountability. everything is everybody's fault and if they did something wrong, people should just forgive them. it is time the roosters came home to roost and they have to face the consequences. lets hope it is satisfying. restaurant mama looks super serious about tying up loose ends and having a no-nonsense attitude. 

@maribella ~ like @UnniSarah wrote, it has been implied that HS and nayoung are having some sort of friends with benefit -- what do they call it -- situationship?? nayoung is jumping ahead and thinking HS is really serious and is dating her. in that sense, mistress mom is correct in assessing that there is no love and HS is on a rebound and acting out of loneliness. also the parallels between the mother and daughter stealing the man means mistress mom at least has some situational awareness. 

have no idea why foundation lady is so cold and mean to doctor han but she is off her rockers. she treats the man like he is wretched and then is shocked that he wants enough and out of the marriage? she is mad that he has a nice conversation with some people other than herself? you can't even call it a friendship between him and restaurant mama because they hardly talk anything personal. it is basically a sort of human connection than anything else. foundation lady is instead jumping the gun and calling it emotional affair -- for that, these two people need to know each other's background. he does not even know who the kids of restaurant mama is. 

am waiting to see how woori and doori were adopted by restaurant mama. so far, they haven't revealed that detail on how that happened. have been wondering if doctor han lost a child or something but he keeps saying that he made a mistake but isn't a sinner. he also seems earnest and not like brain dead like mistress mom. so it can't be intentional and neither can it be some sort of huge mistake because he is the type of person who would feel guilty. at the same time, foundation lady keeps accusing him of marrying up for money. so maybe he unintentionally came between her and ex? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

caught up - the mistress mom is even more insufferable than nayoung herself. how can she think it is a good idea to go to the restaurant and stay with sooji??? neither mother nor daughter have any sense of accountability. everything is everybody's fault and if they did something wrong, people should just forgive them. it is time the roosters came home to roost and they have to face the consequences. lets hope it is satisfying. restaurant mama looks super serious about tying up loose ends and having a no-nonsense attitude.

Yun Ja is insufferable right @Lmangla She finds out Na Young is dating HS and she still has the courage to find Su Ji. As she questions Su Ji about her life at Seon Young's house. Remember what she said. She believes her husband will take her back because he is soft hearted. Once she said that, I fear the writer might actually allow that to happen. Because I don't think her husband plans to DIVORCE HER AT ALL. From what I can see, Yun Ja still doesn't know what she has done wrong, she only feels bad because 

After doing my calculation, I can't help but think that the adoption incident was probably brought up by Yun Ja reminding Su Ji that her mother abandoned her.   smh smh smh I don't think Su Ji would have done that without knowing that once Yun Ja adopts her, HER MOTHER MAY NEVER FIND HER WHEN SHE WAS WAITING FOR HER.   What does everyone think ?

I think while SJ was growing up both Yun Ja and Na Young would remind her about being adopted. 

Example

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91j4tesb5e1zq9i972kt

This incident happened after she met with Seon Young

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

loose ends and having a no-nonsense attitude. 

@maribella ~ like @UnniSarah wrote, it has been implied that HS and nayoung are having some sort of friends with benefit -- what do they call it -- situationship?? nayoung is jumping ahead and thinking HS is really serious and is dating her. in that sense, mistress mom is correct in assessing that there is no

If he had no feelings for her the actor should act accordingly. But he looked awfully pleased to see her sucking up to the mother - foundation lady- the rich woman. NY was the booty call in Secret Love. If HS is an opportunist, she would be the same here. 

12 hours ago, Lmangla said:

have no idea why foundation lady is so cold and mean to doctor han but she is off her rockers. she treats the man

We will find out later that she has always been the one for him and it was a misunderstanding or just a one night stand. I mean, how could one share a house with someone whom you dislike intensely?

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

think while SJ was growing up both Yun Ja and Na Young would remind her about being adopted. 

That was just nasty. @UnniSarah the FL is a doormat, how could she not be? 
They were nasty to her when they got a roof over their heads at her house. She still financed the whole family when she graduated. She should have said to NY and mother that they were hangers on.

• Like 1

So far I have not seen any form of exceptional quality by the fL. The way she went slack jaw when NY snapped back at her at the hospital, no smart repartee, and she was a host of some medical show? :smirk:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maribella said:

So far I have not seen any form of exceptional quality by the fL. The way she went slack jaw when NY snapped back at her at the hospital, no smart repartee, and she was a host of some medical show? :smirk:

sooji has some real issues -- while it makes me think that doctors also have issues, it also surprises me that given her temperment, how she had such rave reviews from her patients. guess she is one of those people who is nice to other people and then barks at people who are being good to you. so far, she has only shown bite to restaurant mama who tried to give her food and to a 6 year old child.

am bit confused on why sooji has not worked on her own mental health issues when she is in the profession herself. maybe they don't do this in psychiatry -- one of my cousin sisters studied counseling. in her uni, they had a class where each student had to talk aloud about their past, their issues. the purpose was twofold -- one was for themselves to heal, the second was for them to experience what it is like to be a patient who has to unload in front of strangers. my cousin sister said it was a very difficult class for everyone -- it was a small group but the stories that came out were far ranging.

one girl had a real life makjang story -- she was product of an affair and she was adopted out to a relative. she found out as an adult why some of her relatives hated her with a passion. she had no clue she was adopted because she looked very much like her adoptive mom growing up -- but she was actually related to her adoptive father (he was something like her uncle). 

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Yun Ja is insufferable right @Lmangla She finds out Na Young is dating HS and she still has the courage to find Su Ji. As she questions Su Ji about her life at Seon Young's house. Remember what she said. She believes her husband will take her back because he is soft hearted. Once she said that, I fear the writer might actually allow that to happen. Because I don't think her husband plans to DIVORCE HER AT ALL. From what I can see, Yun Ja still doesn't know what she has done wrong, she only feels bad because 

dad also said that he will only take her back when sooji and restaurant mama reconcile. so he has already made it clear that he is holding the door open for her. yunja only feels bad because she is in soup. otherwise, she and her daughter both want people to forget and forgive when it suits them. all these years, yunja got away with whatever she did. her mom-in-law accepted her 100%. she does nothing but lounge around the house even when they have no money. she has no sense of feeling of shame or guilt. truly feeling bad is when she is estranged from nayoung and loses her to some point....

also, am not feeling the romance between sooji and woori. just as HS is on a rebound with 'lily', so is sooji in some ways. she is recovering from a burnout and meltdown. he is looking out for her as a doctor and feelings develop. how much of that is doctor care and how much of that is actual romance. these two dont' look like a healthy couple either because he is essentially her therapist treating her trauma. so these two need to break up in order to have a real romance. looking forward to seeing them separate. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

sooji has some real issues -- while it makes me think that doctors also have issues, it also surprises me that given her temperment, how she had such rave reviews

I have run into crappy doctors and nurses. While their professions have to uphold certain ideals ( true teachers, judges, police etc.), many enter the job for other reasons. So we get this , ‘ how could that be a doctor?’

With SJ and other kdrama characters, I don’t think the writer have a detailed picture his/her characters. So we get a fallen hot shot doctor working as a waitress and her earlier behaviour is erased and replaced.

I had watched Queen of Tears which I had truly enjoyed but besides the two main characters, a few of the others were just strange. The founder of the company was an 80 year old man who worked from the  bottom from the age of 15.  He was tough and gritty, but also vain and easily manipulated by his kept woman. His children would have been drummed with work ethics, business savy etc. etc. But no, they drank water from the Alps, they did not know bathrooms didn’t always have bathtubs etc. They were in old novels ‘effete’.  If they were 10th or even 5th generation ultra rich, it would make sense.

Anyway, it was a big budget show which I don’t think daillies are. My take is characterisations are secondary to the story line in kdramas, big budget or small.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2