Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

10 K-Dramas That Turn 10 Years Old This Year

From unforgettable first loves to clashing couples who were once in love but turned into sworn enemies, there are many memorable dramas that aired 10 years ago! There was love that healed to love that hurt as well as those who turned their relationships into contract alliances. Here are 10 dramas which turn 10 years old this year and continue to remain top favorites amongst fans.

Hotel King

hotel-king-.jpg

Cha Jae Wan (Lee Dong Wook) is the suave manager of the super luxe Hotel Ciel. His is a story of inspiration, rising from the streets to becoming one of best in the hospitality business. But it all came at a heavy price. His sole aim is to take revenge on his father, the owner of Ciel, Ah Sung Won. But when Ah Sung Won dies, his daughter Mo Ne (Lee Da Hae) arrives to take over the near bankrupt hotel. Though Mo Ne is suspicious about the incidents taking place at the hotel, she finds herself falling for the intriguing Jae Wan. As the two fight the irresistible attraction, the conflicted Jae Wan has to face some harsh truths.

It is hard to resist a show when you have Lee Dong Wook calling the shots. A regular revenge drama, it is the scorching chemistry between him and Lee Da Hae which wins all the way. Plus, there are several shirtless scenes of Lee Dong Wook flaunting his abs.

Start watching “Hotel King”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

8 Underrated K-Dramas That Didn’t Get The Attention They Deserved

Viewers happily shared their favorite “hidden gems.”

With so many K-Dramas being released yearly, it’s easy for some to fall under the radar. Here are eight underrated ones that viewers wanted to receive more recognition.

5. Scent of a Woman (2011)

With six months to live, a woman (Kim Sun A) quits the job that’s abused and mistreated her. She decides to complete all the things on her bucket list and meets a wealthy man (Lee Dong Wook) along the way.

GSHB-I2ZaD_uiqeML5HYOgPKyUjR_dfPeZCQdFcv

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/underrated-k-dramas-attention-deserved-netizens-viewers/

Top 10 Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In The 4th Week Of January 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

1. "Marry My Husband"

2. "Korea-Khitan War"

3. "Captivating the King"

4. "Knight Flower" 

5. "FlexxCop"

6. "A Shop for Killers" 

7. "Doctor Slump"

8. "The Bequeathed" 

9. "Love Song for Illusion" 

10. "Long Time No Sex"

Good-Data-Fourth-Week-Of-January-2024-KD

*** Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook have recently thrilled fans with their reunion on Yoo Jae Suk's YouTube show.  On February 2, the show unveiled a teaser for an upcoming special episode of its talk show, Just an Excuse (Pinggyego), titled New Year Holiday is Just an Excuse. This will be shown on February 9.   :heart2:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C21tc3sr0b1/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=a1104385-4dbf-428e-8e48-58d8c6b4756dThis

10 best enemies to lovers K-dramas of all time

Enemies to lovers K-dramas are fun to watch, with all the bickering turned to love.

Enemies to lovers K-dramas are a popular theme, as the gradual shift from animosity to affection adds depth, drama, and humor. They say there's a fine line between love and hate. When a boy meets a girl, sparks fly, but not the romantic kind—initially, it's hate at first sight. The battleground is set, and their mutual dislike is so intense that they're convinced they're better off apart. 

Yet, as the barriers begin to crumble, the flames of hostility unexpectedly ignite a passionate fire. Former enemies find themselves hopelessly and passionately in love. Passion, excellent chemistry, growth, excitement, and engaging banter—enemies-to-lovers K-dramas have all these elements, making them the most sought-after trope in the genre. 

7. Touch Your Heart

Cast: Lee Dong Wook as Kwon Jung Rok and Yoo In Na as Oh Yoon Seo 

Actress Oh Yoon Seo takes on a role as a secretary at a law firm to prepare for her next film project, where she is assigned to work with Kwon Jung Rok, a dedicated yet reserved lawyer portrayed by Lee Dong Wook. Unlike his colleagues, Jung Rok is unimpressed by Yoon Seo's celebrity status and instead finds himself frustrated by her frequent mistakes and mishaps. However, as he gets to know her better, Jung Rok discovers that beneath her seemingly superficial and occasionally clumsy demeanor, Yoon Seo is a warm-hearted and genuine person.

Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na's undeniable on-screen chemistry shines once again following their successful pairing in Goblin. Their delightful moments together in Touch Your Heart showcase the innocence and sweetness of their love story. This feel-good romantic drama is simple yet heartwarming, offering numerous reasons to bring a smile to your face.

source : Pinkvilla

(Hancinema) Korean Drama of the Week "Bubble Gum"

photo1766886.jpg

Directed by Kim Byeong-soo

Written by Lee Mi-na-I

Network: tvN

With Lee Dong-wook, Jung Ryeo-won, Lee Jong-hyuk, Park Hee-von, Kim Ri-na, Park Won-sang,...

16 episodes - Mon, Tue 23:00
Synopsis
A grown up fairy tale about people with deficiencies covering up for each other and being slightly happier.

Broadcasting dates in Korea : 2015/10/26~2015/12/15

Read Vasia's review

Where to Watch

Powered by JustWatch

*** Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook will finally appear on Yoo Jae Seok’s YouTube channel together. Lee Dong Wook has been a guest several times, while Gong Yoo has visited once. Their episode will air on the eve of the Lunar New Year, February 9.   :kaching3:

screenshot_20240204_165731_instagram3652

photo/video source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2024/02/04/gong-yoo-lee-dong-wook-are-just-an-excuse/

*** I really think that Jeong JinMan  (Lee DongWook) in  "A Shop For Killers" is still alive.  The drama is heading into its final week. Jeong JinMan is pronounced dead in the very first episode. However, the circumstances around his death are highly suspicious, especially since it is declared to be suicide. No one actually saw him die. And during JinMan and Bale's (Jo HanSun) showdown in the latest episode, Bale warns JinMan that if he doesn't kill him then and there, he will come after his family and his loved ones before killing him last. So, there might be a final battle between the two, which is yet to come. The final two episodes will air this week, tomorrow  Wednesday, Feb 7.    :heart1:   Wait & see................... 

*** On February 7th, Lee Dongwook joined Na PD's Youtube live stream, where he talked about his past slump. He shared, "I'm talking about this for the first time, but I suffered a severe slump after the drama 'Life'. I didn't leave my house for a month. Feeling dissatisfied with my performance and receiving negative feedback, I felt I couldn't act anymore. I even considered moving out of the country. I only went outside to exercise. Even though I exercised regularly, my body didn't get better. The person who dragged me out of the house was Gong Yoo. I was worried he was going to ask me about my current problems, but he didn't say a word. Seeing how Gong Yoo listened to my casual talks made me realize that 'my real world is right here,' helping me overcome the slump."   :heart2beat:

20240207_041120_863_na%20pd.jpeg

source : Gstarlive

Lee Dong Wook Reveals Dark Days and How Gong Yoo Helped Him See the Light

1707250104723270.jpg

In a heartfelt chat with Producer Na Young Seok on his YouTube channel “fullmoon,” Lee Dong Wook opened up about his personal struggles following a career slump. The star of the Disney Plus original series A Shop for Killers divulged for the first time the depth of his crisis post the drama Life, saying, “I’m speaking about this for the first time, but I had a severe slump after ‘Life.’ I didn’t leave my house for about a month.”

Reflecting on the time, Lee Dong Wook expressed his frustration and disappointment, which led him to consider drastic measures. “I was criticized for my performance and the negative reviews of the work and myself became a target for attack. I was so disappointed that I didn’t want to act anymore. I seriously considered emigrating; I was thirty-seven at the time,” he shared.

Lee Dong Wook felt that the disappointment surrounding the project was attributed to him, causing him to doubt his career choice. “It seemed like all the regrets about this project were directed at me. I felt like it’d have been more loved and successful had I not been a part of it. I thought, ‘I shouldn’t be an actor.’ The only time I left the house was to work out. After one or two weeks, I felt useless and had negative thoughts, so I moved my body. Working out cleared my head,” he explained.

BkAgYi.jpg

The turning point came with the fellow actor Gong Yoo. “I was consistently working out, but I also drank afterward, so my body wasn’t getting any better. Gong Yoo was the person who dragged me out of the house,” Lee Dong Wook recounted. “He called me to come out around 11 p.m. I was worried he might bring up my struggles, but he didn’t mention any of it. Just having everyday conversations made me realize, ‘My real world is right here,’ and I gradually escaped my slump.”

While sharing his journey, Lee Dong Wook also expressed admiration for veteran actors like Jung Woo Sung, Lee Jung Jae, and Lee Byung Hun. “These guys born in 1970 and 1971 are still going strong. There’s no room to barge in. They are holding on too tightly,” he noted with respect, adding, “I will work hard to catch up.” Yet, he clarified that his feelings leaned more toward admiration than jealousy, “I used to be a bit jealous when I was younger, but there’s no point. It’s more about envy and aspiration.”

source : https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1821791

Top 10 Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In The 1st Week Of February 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

1. "Marry My Husband"

2. "Captivating the King"

3. "Knight Flower" 

4. "Doctor Slump"

5. "A Shop for Killers"

6. "Korea-Khitan War"

7. "Queen Of Divorce"

8. "FlexxCop"

9. "Long Time No Sex"

10. "Love Song for Illusion" 

Good-Data-First-Week-Of-February-2024-KD

*** Recently, Lee Dong Wook mentioned someone who helped him overcome his slump: it was Gong Yoo. He said, "He's the one who got me out of my house. He just called me one day and told me to step out and join him, telling me he was already on his way to pick me up. I didn't want to see him because I thought he'd try to talk about my state. Sharing what I was going through with someone else felt pointless, as there wasn't a solution. However, he didn't ask anything about it. We had casual conversations that day, and it got me thinking, 'This is the world I belong.'. I had been obsessed with how people online perceived me. But there was a real world outside, and that was where I belonged. I started getting out of my house after realizing it."   :cutekitty:

source : SBS Star

*** It’s been a while since I have watched a K-series about assassins. The story of "A Shop for Killers" revolves around this story.  I have seen Lee Dong Wook plays roles like a grim reaper or a gumiho but this by far is one of my favorites. It felt like this role was made especially for him. If you want to see a different side of him in the likes of John Wick or Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible then you should definitely see the drama and I guarantee that it’s all worth it. The way the story was told was journey itself. The twists and the surprises are something to look forward to. I enjoyed the transitions of each story and how each episodes connects with each other to show you the bigger picture. All in all the series is an amazing thrilling ride from the first episode to the end. So, if you like an action pack series that will keep you at the edge of your seats then this one is for you. I have to admit that at first I really thought that it was just the usual assassin story I was used to. But who would have thought that I would be in for a big surprise. It was like being sucked into a black hole with no way out right from the first episode until the very end.   :emmm:

img_5230-1.jpg?resize=768,959&ssl=1