Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

*** Gong Yoo and Lee Dong Wook appeared as special guests in the recent episode of 'Pinggyego' from the YouTube channel Ddeunddeun. They joined Yoo Jae Suk and Jo Se Ho for a Lunar New Year Special on this day. During their casual talk, Gong Yoo leaned over to Jo Se Ho and cautiously whispered, "Are you really getting married?" Jo Se Ho responded, "I think so?" Seeing their interaction, Lee Dong Wook asked, "Why are you whispering that during the broadcast?" Gong Yoo explained, "I read an article saying that Jo Se Ho is dating with marriage in mind, right? But there are so many exaggerated news these days. So I thought it might be exaggerated."  Lee Dong Wook then asked Jo Se Ho to clarify, "Oh, is your girlfriend aware that you are dating with marriage in mind?" making everyone laugh. Gong Yoo added, "That's what I am saying," and Yoo Jae Suk added, "I asked if they confirmed with both families and he said yes." Gong Yoo clarified that he wanted to make sure because he wanted to congratulate Jo Se Ho on the news. Then Yoo Jae Suk asked Gong Yoo, "You're coming to the wedding, right?" and Gong Yoo immediately joked, "I'm going to be busy that day," even without knowing what day the wedding will be held. Jo Se Ho shared, "This (Lee Dong Wook) Hyung said the same thing." And Lee Dong Wook explained, "I knew about this news way back then. So he told me that they were talking about marriage. So I immediately said, 'I don't think I can make it (to your wedding) because I'm going to be busy then, and he (Jo Se Ho) responded 'I didn't even tell you when it was'," making everyone laugh. The two continued to joke with Jo Se Ho saying they were sorry they can't make it to his wedding. No wonder why Lee Dong Wook and Gong Yoo are "buddies". They're so much funny.   :kaching3:

1707517031-ep.png

source : allkpop

*** I remember there was a time some years ago when Lee Dong Wook once picked IU as his ideal type. On a past radio program, Lee Dong Wook was asked about his ideal type, to which he responded that he liked someone who’s cute like IU. When IU later heard this and ran into Lee Dong Wook on another broadcast, she told him that she bragged to all her friends about how he picked her as his ideal type.  :Megalol:

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New Video :).

@backstreetboysfan  This was posted by his Agency, KINGKONG by STARSHIP on February 11th titled, “[Lee Dong-wook] EP.01 with the caption - "What is this trip? Why are you going? Jeju Island vlogs with dumbbells?” on its official YouTube channel. The video shows him on a trip to Jeju Island. The trip was decided at the year-end party of his agency. He was accompanied by actor Ko Sung-min and the staff of his agency. In the video, he captured himself taking medicine for motion sickness. They took a mini bus going to Jeju. He sat in the back.  :ohboy2:

• Blob 1

10 most addictive Korean dramas of all time: Business Proposal, Goblin, more

Business Proposal, Goblin, Crash Landing on You, Descendants of the Sun and more are amongst the most addictive Korean dramas. Here is a list of the top 10.

Korean dramas are addictive and keep the viewers hooked for more and more. They may be cute romances, passionate love, murder mysteries or just stories of daily life. One can always bank on famous K-dramas like Business Proposal, Goblin, Glower of Evil, Reply 1988 and many more K-dramas for a good binge session. Here is a list of the top 10 most addictive Korean dramas. 

6. Goblin 

Goblin was released in 2016 and is a fantasy romance. It is a super hit drama which is still counted amongst the best K-dramas. It tells the story of a warrior Kim Shin who was executed by his King and was cursed to live on for centuries until he found his bride. In modern-day Seoul, the undead Goblin finally finds his bride but fate has other plans. Gong Yoo, Kim Go Eun, Lee Dong Wook and Yoo In Na feature as the main characters. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-most-addictive-korean-dramas-of-all-time-business-proposal-goblin-more-1278102

[Herald Interview] 'A Shop for Killers' an action drama with stories to tell

“A Shop for Killers” might appear to be an action drama, but the 8-part series is about the story of a lonely girl growing up, the choices various characters make and their consequences, which should give strength to the audience in enduring hardships, according to director Lee Kwon and the actor who portrayed the girl, Kim Hye-jun.

Disney+ original "A Shop for Killers" narrates the story of Jung Ji-an (played by Kim Hye-jun), who is targeted by a slew of killers after her uncle, an online weapon shop operator, dies mysteriously. The drama series is based on the novel "The Killer's Shopping Mall," written by Kang Ji-young.

Lee Kwon, who previously directed hit Korean thriller works such as "Door Lock (2018)" and "Save Me 2 (2019)," said via the action-packed series, he aimed to shed light on the growth story of Jung.

"On the surface, 'A Shop for Killers' appears to be an action drama, but in reality, it's a coming-of-age drama series," said Lee, during an interview held with reporters in Seoul on Wednesday.

Lee said one of the main reasons he chose to dramatize the novel is because he was drawn to the novel's narrative of Jung Ji-an, who is left to face the world on her own from a young age after her parents -- in addition to her trusted guardian -- are killed inexplicably.

"The series of isolation and the sudden dangers that Ji-an faces, along with the consequences of numerous choices she has to make on her own, and the resulting sense of responsibility (she is coerced to bear), compelled me to dramatize the novel," said Lee.

Through the depiction of Ji-an's tumultuous growth story, Lee said he wanted to convey the message that growth is not about being protected, but about taking responsibilities and making decisions for oneself.

"The moments in the drama series where Ji-an makes her own choices are so precious," he said.

Actor Kim Hye-jun, who played Ji-an in the drama series, said the character's charm also compelled her to play the role.

"I was attracted to the fact that Ji-an is given the choice to make extraordinary choices. I was also attracted to Ji-an, as she is a type of character who possesses remarkableness within an ordinary appearance," said Kim, during an interview held with reporters in Seoul on Wednesday.

Kim said she also put an effort into characterizing Ji-an's idiosyncratic appearance. In the drama series, Ji-an is represented via her distinguishing set of green and red sweats, and her short hair.

"Regarding the attire, I thought it would be nice if Ji-an had a distinctive outfit that comes to mind when thinking about her character. I aimed to convey a sense of strength through the bold colors of red and green," added Kim.

Kim said in addition to Ji-an, "A Shop for Killers" features a slew of attractive characters, who portray incredible strength during extreme situations, and, through their actions, the audience could be motivated to endure hardships.

"The drama series features flashy actions and entertaining characters, but the essence of the drama series lies in the fact that everyone has something they are striving to protect. I believe the audience watching it could gain courage from that," said Kim.

All eight episodes of 'A Shop for Killers' are currently streaming on Disney+.

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240212050103

*** On February 9, Lee Dong Wook joined entertainer Yu Jae Seok's YouTube show 'Pinggyego'.  Here, he reminisced about his early debut days and revealed a heartbreaking reason why he continued filming despite being serious injured in his early career. Lee Dong Wook said, "I made debut with MBC's one-act play 'Bestseller Theater' in 1999. I played the role of a devious high school student. I still remember filming my scenes very vividly. I was supposed to ride a motorcycle in one scene, but I actually couldn't ride one. I fell and injured myself while practicing for that scene the day before actual shooting. There was a way for me to avoid hurting myself though. It was to throw the motorcyle as far away as I could, and jump off from it. I couldn't go for that option, however, because I was scared that I would break the motorcycle that way. That meant that I would have to cover the cost for the motorcycle, so I just couldn't. So, I fell to the ground while I was on the motorcycle instead, and horribly damaged my knees. I went to the hospital afterward, but still, my socks were soaking with blood when I got home on that day.  But the next day was my first day of the shoot. When I got to the site, I was asked to run. I had to depict a moment of my character running as fast as he could, being late for school. I didn't tell the production crew about the condition of my knees, as I was afraid that they might completely remove me from the project if they found out how injured I was. So yeah, I couldn't say a word about my injury. I couldn't risk losing my part in the project, you know. I ended up bleeding a lot again. Nobody on site knew about my injury because it was all bleeding inside my pants. I can laugh about it now, but I went through such a hard time then." Yu Jae Seok asked if he had scars from that time, Lee Dong Wook rolled up his pants and showed the two hosts the scars.   :emmm:

201894064_700.webp

source " SBS Star

Top 10 Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In The 2nd Week Of February 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

1. "Marry My Husband"

2. "Captivating the King"

3. "A Killer Paradox"

4. "A Shop For Killers"

5. "Knight Flower"

6. "Doctor Slump"

7. "Queen of Divorce"

8. "Korea-Khitan War"

9. "Love Song for Illusion"

10. "LTNS"

*** Grieving someone that you cherish is not an easy process. This is what "A Shop for Killers" message is to viewers. The drama packs a lot of action into its eight-episode run. The opening scene of the very first episode sets the tone for the rest of the series. The drama, however, flips back and forth between the present and the past. Scenes in the present and the past are full of action.The drama does not have time for filler scenes, so each interaction between characters is important. It's exciting and unpredictable to the very end, A Shop for Killers serves as a reminder that you can never claim to truly know a person. It’s a great show.   :ohboy2:

20240219_seoulbeats_shopforkillers3-300x

Top 10 Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In The 3rd Week Of February 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

Here is the full ranking of the Hottest Korean Dramas for the 3rd week of February:

1. "Marry My Husband"

2. "A Killer Paradox"

3. "Knight Flower"

4. "Captivating the King"

5. "Doctor Slump"

6. "Korea-Khitan War"

7. "A Shop For Killers"

8. "Queen of Divorce"

9. "FlexxCop"

10. "Queen Of Tears"

Top 15 best Korean actors of all time

Best Korean actors in the Korean dramas and movie arena who have won hearts and continue to show their acting excellence in their work is a list worth having a look at. Korean dramas and movies are making their way through the world as we every day see new talent emerging from the Korean entertainment space. Recently it has been noticed that cine buffs are consuming a lot of Korean content. Many famous Korean actors have been reigning in the entertainment world with their acting skills and commendable career choices. Let’s have a look at the top 15 Korean actors of all time.

13. Lee Dong Wook

Lee Dong Wook is a name that is no news to K-Drama lovers. If you have watched Goblin: The Lonely and Great God, you must have not forgotten the strikingly handsome grim reaper Wang Yeo. Lee Dong Wook is a popular Korean actor, host, and model. His notable works include Goblin: The Lonely and Great God, Bad and Crazy, Tale of the Nine Tailed, Hell is Other People, and many more.

• Movies: The Beauty Inside, Single in Seoul, A Year-End Medley
  • Debut: School 2

source : Pinkvilla