Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

*** Woo Hoo......I'm happy that Lee Dong Wook is back for "A Shop for Killers".  Yes, playing a mysterious uncle who raised his niece (Kim Hye-joon) after the death of her parents. Lee Dong Wook looks different here with silver hair. I think it's brilliant how he looks different from role to role, not just outwardly but in terms of bringing each character he plays fully to life. I finished watching Episode 1 & 2. It's good - but, not as violent as MOVING (so far). It has a lot of tension. The first 2 Eps are cleverly constructed, so here's hoping the rest of it is too. No complaints so far. Also, this is good news because it's on Hulu in the US! I can’t wait for the next episodes. I have seen him in so many roles and he has so clearly and steadily grown and improved one step at a time, resulting in this mature confident actor now that we can trust to perfectly inhabit his roles. He's a versatile actor. I know he can pull the villain role off perfectly. A rare talent that can play any role. I don't think there's romance here.   :kaching3:

Time slot: Wednesdays
Broadcaster: Disney+
Genre: Action, thriller
Episode count: 8

*** Disney Plus' new drama "A Shop for Killers"  made a successful debut as it immediately topped the drama ranking during its pilot week. Based on a news cited by a media outlet on January 19, Disney Plus' original series "A Shop for Killers" ranked first in the 'Content Integrated Ranking' after the release of episodes 1 and 2. The thriller drama graced the small screen last January 17. The drama has a powerful beginning. The tension in the beginning was already there. Fans are calling him 'Uncle Lee Dong Wook' because of his new role. The special uncle-nephew chemistry stand out in the drama. Can't wait for the upcoming episodes 3 and 4, which will be released on January 24. Furthermore, there's a total of 8 episodes, 2 of them are being released every Wednesday.   :blush:

a-shop-for-killers-poster.jpg?w=820

source : https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/now/article/144/0000938781

35+ Fantasy Dramas Of 2023 (K-Drama Masterlist)

20240123070947_fantasy.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

For K-drama fans still catching up on dramas from last year, Soompi has prepared masterlists of 2023 K-dramas organized by genre!

Here are K-dramas from 2023 that include fantasy elements (although many of these dramas fit into other genres as well).

Includes dramas that premiered in 2022 and ended in 2023.

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938”

nine-tailed.jpeg

Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung Soo

Premiere Date: May 6

A sequel to “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” tells the story of the male gumiho (mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) who finds himself back in 1938 and embarks on an eventful adventure in his quest to return to the present.

Watch the original “Tale of the Nine-Tailed”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

*** “A Shop For Killers” is one of the most tense, fast-paced, well-written, and visually stunning thrillers I've seen since “Moving”. I'm happy that I watch Lee Dong Wook again on my screen. The drama's plot doesn’t beat around the bush. and the quality of action choreography will leave you breathless.   :emmm:

6 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New IG update :) 1-23-2024

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2cOeury6oQ/

@backstreetboysfan  Lee Dong Wook is still on the Top 10 Most Followed Korean Male Actors on IG having (17.4 million followers). It’s not surprising to see him though become one of the most followed Korean actors on IG.   :cheers:

• Like 1

On 1/24/2024 at 7:17 AM, willenette said:

A Shop For Killers” is one of the most tense, fast-paced, well-written, and visually stunning thrillers I've seen since “Moving”. I'm happy that I watch Lee Dong Wook again on my screen. The drama's plot doesn’t beat around the bush. and the quality of action choreography will leave you breathless.  

I haven`t start the drama yet. I am glad that it is a good thriller.

From the pictures, Lee Dong Wook doesn`t have a silver/grey hair in the drama A Shop for Killers. Do you think his character in Good Man will have this hair style?

Spoiler

20240115120511194oqde.jpg

On 1/25/2024 at 8:09 AM, larus said:

I haven`t start the drama yet. I am glad that it is a good thriller.

From the pictures, Lee Dong Wook doesn`t have a silver/grey hair in the drama A Shop for Killers. Do you think his character in Good Man will have this hair style?

@larus  watch the drama when you find time. It's a good drama so far. Since his hair is not silver/grey in the current drama, I have a feeling that his character in "Good Man" will have this transformation. We wait & see.   :heart2:   I'm curious on what kind of performance he will bring to the table in his next action series.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote images. Thanks!
  • Like 1

*** Disney Plus "A Shop for Killers" EPs 3&4 had intense action scenes and cliffhanger ending. It's heightening viewers’ anticipation for what new twists Ji An will face next week. The series airs two episodes weekly on Disney Plus, totaling eight episodes.   :heart1:

Top 10 Must-Watch K-Dramas Dominating Discussions In The 3rd Week Of January 2024 (Good Data Corporation)

1. "Marry My Husband"

2. "Welcome to Samdal-ri" 

3. "My Demon" 

4. "Korea-Khitan War" 

5. "Knight Flower" 

6. "A Shop for Killers" 

7. "The Bequeathed" 

8. "Captivating the King"

9. "Love Song for Illusion" 

10. "Gyeongseong Creature"  

*** "A Shop For Killers" is on the Disney+ top 10 of 5 Asian countries/territories, based on January 30, 2024 data (data for January 29): Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan. The drama is notably at no. 1 in Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan, while it currently ranks no. 5 in Japan.  :yaaa:

Disney-Plus-A-Shop-For-Killers-768x434-1

A-Shop-For-Killers-FlixPatrol.png

*** The Korean Business Research Institute has revealed this month’s brand reputation rankings for actors!  The rankings were determined through a data analysis of the media coverage, participation, interaction, and community indexes of 100 actors who appeared in dramas, movies, or OTT content released between December 30, 2023 and January 30, 2024.

Check out the top 30 for this month below!

1. Shin Hye Sun
  2. Jang Nara
  3. Park Min Young
  4. Song Ha Yoon
  5. Kim Yoo Jung
  6. Ji Chang Wook
  7. Im Siwan
  8. Song Kang
  9. Na In Woo
  10. Honey Lee
  11. Lee Se Young
  12. Go Yoon Jung