Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

10+ Highly Anticipated K-Dramas To Get Excited For In 2024

Some of them will be released soon.

To start the new year, here are thirteen K-Dramas to get excited about, which will be released in 2024.

2. A Shop for Killers — January 17

-Advertisement-

A Shop for Killers is a book adaptation about a woman who became an orphan after her father killed her mother and himself. She was then raised by her uncle, who ran a mysterious shopping mall. After his death, she learns the truth about her uncle’s shop.

RRtr-c3CmYWEdjP5lSOzGHPlI2x6cguCZmq33XwiOSNl-88IUPdr9QtrkUxhJWTSnMpEGSBvMyXyYcXuzRUBKl71HzsgEgYF8oKQqpdYiw4eog=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/k-dramas-2024-highly-anticipated-netflix-tvn-disney/

*** Lee Dong-wook is no stranger to exhilarating action scenes, having performed such sequences in his past shows like “Bad and Crazy” and his recent drama “Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938.” For his latest project, the upcoming Disney+ series “A Shop for Killers,”  Lee Dong Wook continued to film action scenes. “Most of the action sequences I’ve performed on previous projects involved a significant amount of wirework due to the fantasy elements. I’ve also had quite a lot of experience with swords. But for this project, I mostly handled guns and the stunts were much more realistic in the sense that the techniques are actually used by military professionals. It was a lot of fun trying these new types of stunts,” he said in a Disney+ interview shared with the media. His upcoming drama is scheduled to premiere on Disney+ on Jan. 17.  Lee Dong Wook said he worked on “A Shop for Killers” after finding the script “very intriguing.” “The story is structured in a way that sees the plot jump between the past and the present. It was a really unique idea. While shifting timelines can often make a story feel too hectic or disorganized, this script was written in a way that made the transitions seamless. In addition, Jin-man was different from any other characters that I have played so far, so I was drawn to the role,” he said. For his role, he learned how to fire a machine gun, which initially worried him. “The only new element I had to familiarize myself with was using guns, but the firearms experts in the stunt team gave me such detailed explanations and instructions. I [also] learned how mercenaries or other experts would handle firearms and the proper posture that is required.The machine gun that my character fires was an old model. I wasn’t sure how to handle the weapon and was concerned about the noise as well. But when I actually tried using it, it turned out to be a great stress reliever. I probably ended up doing three more takes, firing about 200 bullets that day,” he recounted. Lee Dong Wook also related how he forged a closer bond with his co-stars and the production crew while filming a scene at “a very steep mountain.” “[The mountain] did not have any proper hiking trails. It was so steep that everyone practically had to rely on ropes and crawl close to the surface for the climb. It was such a challenging experience for both the crew and cast. But having these physically close interactions ultimately brought us all closer,” he said. Actress Kim Hye-jun, who plays Ji-an, also admitted that she found it difficult to “get used to the guns.” Lee Dong Wook described her as a colleague with “positive and uplifting energy.” “The show’s story carries a serious and somber tone, with numerous scenes that would make us feel down. Plus, we had a male-dominant cast. Whenever Hye-jun was on set, everyone, from the actors to the crew, was so delighted to have her around,” he said. Similarly, she was full of praises for Lee Dong Wook, even noting similarities between the actor and his character. “Dong-wook is very similar to Jin-man. He may appear to be distant and a bit scary at first, but he’s actually an incredibly sweet person. He took such good care of me that I often believed he thought I was his actual niece. I have nothing but good memories from working with him. We tried to create more endearing scenes that captured the bond between the two characters,” she said.   :Twerkdatbutt:

20240104-a-shop-for-killers-via-disney-p

credit : ABS-CBN news

Top 25 Korean Actors Who Received The Most Hearts In The HEART TOP 100 As Voted By Global Fans In 2023

25. Kim JiHun - 52,601 hearts

24. Cho BoAh - 58,486 hearts

23. Kim SooHyun - 64,592 hearts

22. Lee MinHo - 72,351 hearts

21. Cho ByeongKyu - 76,999 hearts

20. Lee SangYi - 98,618 hearts

19. Jung HaeIn - 167,109 hearts

18. Kim MinJae - 202,885 hearts

17. Seo InGuk - 225,577 hearts

16. Moon ChaeWon - 248,145 hearts

15. Song JoongKi - 295,145 hearts

14. Yang SeJong - 379,999 hearts

13. Song Kang - 662,662 hearts

12. Lee DongWook - 800,140 hearts

Top 25 Korean Actors Who Received The Most Hearts In The HEART TOP 100 As Voted By Global Fans In 2023

KingKong by Starship

source/To view the full list : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-25-korean-actors-who-received-the-most-hearts-in-the-heart-top-100-as-voted-by-global-fans-in-2023/

Top 10 psychological thriller K-dramas that will keep you guessing

Psychological thriller K-dramas always keep you hooked with their twists and turns. Here are some top recommended K-dramas of this genre to add to your watchlist.

While romantic Korean dramas undoubtedly attract more vocal online fandoms, the finest K-drama thrillers enjoy equal popularity. Psychological thriller K-dramas are a prominent and skillfully executed genre within the South Korean entertainment landscape. K-dramas are renowned for their elevated production standards, suspenseful, compelling, and immersive plots, and top-notch acting that creates an emotional connection between characters and viewers. 

Through bold storytelling, K-dramas skillfully tackle societal matters, individual challenges, and universal themes like family, friendship, and love. This thoughtful approach creates content that transcends cultural boundaries, resonating with audiences worldwide.

Alongside the widely appreciated romantic and melodramatic series, South Korea consistently delivers compelling psychological thriller and suspense-filled shows that effectively keep audiences on the edge of their seats.

Here are top Psychological thriller K-dramas that will surely keep you hooked

2. Strangers From Hell

The psychological thriller K-drama, Strangers From Hell, delivers an eerie and creepy atmosphere. This suspenseful Korean drama narrates the tale of Yoon Jong Woo (Im Si Wan), a young man in his 20s who relocates to Seoul after securing an internship. In search of affordable accommodation, he discovers Eden Studio, an ominous and budget-friendly dormitory, and opts to stay there due to financial constraints. Despite his reservations about the place and its strange residents, including his neighbor Seo Moon Jo (Lee Dong Wook), he chooses to endure it until he can afford to move elsewhere. However, mysterious incidents begin to unfold in the studio, instilling fear in Jong Woo about his fellow residents.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/top-10-psychological-thriller-k-dramas-that-will-keep-you-guessing-1270403

*** The press conference for Disney+’s original series “A Shop for Killers”  was held on the morning of Jan 15th at Conrad Seoul Hotel in Yeouido, Seoul. Actors Lee Dong-wook, Kim Hye-jun, Seo Hyun-woo, Jo Han-sun, Park Ji-bin, Geum Hae-na and director Lee Kwon attended the event. So, this is the reason why Lee Dong Wook has to dye his hair with silver/gray is because of his character in the drama. During the presscon, the director explained regarding the casting process of Lee Dong-wook,  “‘Jin-man’ in the original work was a really chubby bald uncle. Consequently, there was no actor who matched the synchronization with the original. Also, since Jin-man’s past was added to our work, we needed a good-looking actor.” Lee Dong-wook talked about the behind-the-scenes of action scenes.  “Since my character is a former mercenary, I tried to learn the actions used by real foreign special forces. The compliment of being an action genius… Well, I’m not a genius. The actions I did before were more fantasy-oriented. There were magic, swords and such. On the other hand, this time, I use guns and fight mainly in close combat. So, it’ll be more realistic. Such actions were new and a bit annoying to practice.“ He caused laughter saying this. “A Shop for Killers” will be exclusively released through Disney+ on Jan 17th.   :Fist1:

20240115120509815ybzq.jpg

20240115120511194oqde.jpg

20240115120512595rbwv.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240115120508711

10 best horror K-dramas of all time to add to your favourites list

Kingdom, Revenant, Hellbound and many more horror K-dramas are spine chilling and perfect if you are looking for a spooky series. Here is a look at the best.

Horror K-dramas like Hellbound, Kingdom, Geodam and many more will definitely give you a chill down the spine with their spooky visuals and eerie music. From zombie apocalypse, horrifying creatures to ghosts and more; horror K-dramas include many kinds of scary stories. Not only that, scary K-dramas like Strangers from Hell and Save Me don’t feature any external entity and showcase the horrors of the human mind and society. Here is a look at the best horror K-dramas. 

5. Strangers from Hell

Strangers from Hell is a psychological horror. It is set in a strange eerie building on which a bunch of criminals live. The main protagonist is unaware of this and starts residing here because it is cheap. Im Siwan and Lee Dong Wook are a part of this drama. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/10-best-horror-k-dramas-of-all-time-to-add-to-your-favourites-list-1271711

*** Sultriness can come easily through fashion, especially by revealing more skin or donning lacier fabrics. That being said, truly embodying a sizzling sultriness lies in the gaze, expressions, and poses of those in such clothes. Lee Dong-wook proves that sultriness lies in one’s demeanor, as he channels allure even without revealing much skin.   :kicks:

20240116_seoulbeats_leedongwook_starship

source : seoulbeats

Top 5 Must-Watch Thriller K-Dramas Coming In 2024

One of the most exciting things about the new year for a K-Drama fan is the whole new range of K-Dramas that will soon be released. Most of these 2024 K-Dramas have been teased for quite a while now and will finally be airing this year.

Among other genres, there are some incredible thriller K-Dramas that are highly anticipated in 2024.

2. "A Shop For Killers"

a-shop-for-killers-poster.jpg

Disney Plus

When & Where: January 17, 2024 on Disney Plus

Cast: Lee DongWook, Kim HyeJun

Summary: Hallyu superstar Lee DongWook returns with the princess of K-Thriller, Kim HyeJun, for this action thriller K-Drama about a young woman who loses her uncle and sole guardian to suicide but before she can grieve, she is forced to go into hiding from the shrewd assassins who are out to get her. To survive, she must recollect the years of odd training her uncle gave her in preparation for this very situation.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/top-5-must-watch-thriller-kdramas-coming-in-2024/