Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

*** Can't wait for Disney Plus’ original series "A Shop for Killers," slated for release on January 17th.  Lee Dong Wook spoke about his role, “It was a character I hadn’t played before and that intrigued me. He will definitely spark curiosity among the viewers about what in the world he’s thinking.” He further elaborated on Jin Man’s relationship with his niece Ji An, emphasizing their special bond. “To Jin Man, Ji An is special. She’s his only remaining kin. He believes he must toughen her up, which is why he comes off as quite gruff,” he explained. Lee Dong Wook also shared his experience with the action scenes, “While my previous works often involved fantasy elements, this one has more realistic and practical action scenes, which I found both refreshing and enjoyable.” The director commented on casting Lee Dong Wook: “Although he’s different from the Jin Man from the original novel, I felt his portrayal quite refreshing. From a close-up scene during the first shoot, I was convinced we had captured the essence of Jung Jin Man perfectly.”   :Ohboy3:

e48cfa002f936ad41de2d36b75b17e3b-down.jp

157ee253e4062314e6ebbc3e1b0a8aac-down.jp

Source: Disney Plus

*** On December 22nd,  "Single in Seoul" began its run on South Korean on-demand television services.  "Single in Seoul" was only released in South Korean theaters on November 29th- I guess its quick move to on-demand services may have been to capitalize on the romantic reputation of Christmas. The movie is still available in South Korean theaters as the twelfth most popular film overall. The numbers are not that impressive but, are passable for films of this specific genre. As of yet, there are no plans for "Single in Seoul" to be released in overseas markets.  :kicks:

photo1751789.jpg

credit : William Schwartz

10 Of The Most Anticipated K-Dramas For January 2024

From historical to fantasy, many genres are releasing in January.

With the new year right around the corner, check out the ten most anticipated K-Dramas that will be released in January 2024.

5. A Shop for Killers — January 17

A Shop for Killers is a book adaptation about a woman who became an orphan after her father killed her mother and himself. She was then raised by her uncle, who ran a mysterious shopping mall. After his death, she learns the truth about her uncle’s shop.

1j8t4cqLQeenuz5QrCsTSpObEvgZJIa3bPAE7hpMFLS5tZBAItucOtTTaB6FSJk4K8CEhVxBZ0lewirOypKYJbzhMSr5U0YTKvFUlmbLUPR_D--x=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

source : https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/anticipated-k-dramas-january-2024-historical/

*** Lee Dong Wook works so much that he’s fully booked for the next few years. During an episode of MONSTA X‘s Hyungwon‘s web show Mr. Chae the Castaway, Lee Dong Wook mentioned that he’s spent the last five years working “relentlessly.” He spends so much time working that he rarely sleeps in his own house. He admitted, “Every year, I slept in my own home less than one hundred days.” No wonder Lee Dong Wook appears in so many dramas and movies every year.   :cheers:

*** Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hye Joon for Elle Korea. The two have an uncle-niece relationship in the Disney Plus series, "A Shop For Killers." I think it’s great that Lee Dong Wook is taking up varied roles in both dramas and movies.   :Twerkdatbutt:

20231228_0230444590880028826393417.jpg?w

photos source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2023/12/28/family-ties/

From Doctor Slump to Gyeongseong Creature Part 2: 10 exciting K-dramas releasing in January 2024

Doctor Slump, Gyeongseong Creature Part 2, Marry My Husband and many more incredible dramas will be releasing in 2024. Here is a look.

Doctor Slump, Gyeongseong Creature Part 2, Marry My Husband, Death's Game Part 2, and more; January 2024 will see massive releases with some of our favourite K-drama actors. From horror to romantic comedies and fantasy, no genre is untouched. Here is a look at the 10 most exciting dramas set to release in January 2024. 

A Shop for Killers

Lee Dong Wook and Kim Hye Joon will be starring in the action thriller A Shop for Killers. It will be premiering on January 17 on Disney+. It is based on the webtoon by Kang Ji Young. Ji An's life takes a turn after her parents pass away and later her uncle also commits suicide. Suddenly she is the target for assassins. In order to survive, she'll have to use the tactics her uncle had taught her when she was young. 

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/from-doctor-slump-to-gyeongseong-creature-part-2-10-exciting-k-dramas-releasing-in-january-2024-1267999

*** With his exclusive interview with the famous comedian-host Jae Jae, Lee Dong Wook revealed his secret of maintaining a good image in showbiz and how he continues his career without being involved in big issues. "You just have to not do what people tell you not to do. And nothing will happen to you as long as what you do is not against the law."   :heart3:

lee-dong-wook.jpg?w=820

11+ New K-Dramas To Add To Your Watch List In January 2024

A new year has arrived along with a new batch of K-dramas! 2024 is starting strong with a variety of new dramas to satisfy fans of diverse genres.

Here are new K-dramas to check out in January:

“A Shop for Killers”

killers-shopping-list.png

Cast: Lee Dong Wook, Kim Hye Joon, Seo Hyun Woo, Jo Han Sun, Park Ji Bin

Premiere Date: January 17

Broadcast Details: Disney+

An action drama based on a novel, “A Shop for Killers” follows the story of Jung Ji An (Kim Hye Joon) living with her uncle Jin Man (Lee Dong Wook), who runs a shopping mall. However, following the sudden death of her uncle, Jung Ji An receives a dangerous inheritance and becomes the target of suspicious killers.

credit : soompi news

15 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Disney+ drama AShopForKillers main poster, release on Jan 17.

@backstreetboysfan  This looks so good and full of action. Disney Plus’ A Shop For Killers is the first Korean drama in the new year I’m excited about aside from Doctor Slump. Lee Dong Wook is a gun-wielding, niece-loving tough guy in it, which already sounds interesting.   :kaching1:

2 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Disney+ drama AShopForKillers main trailer, release on Jan 17.

• Like 1