Lee Dong Wook 이동욱 Global Fans at Soompi

angiemty

23 hours ago, ling ko said:

Lee Dong Wook with @gopizza.kr product he endorses.  
He will introduce their new small pizza for one person and there will be Tv, YouTube, printing ads starting from august.

@ling ko, thanks for sharing the photos. LDW is the latest brand ambassador of the luxury skincare brand, La Mer. He's really fit to a T to endorse this because of his amazing as ever, and his fresh and flawless face. He can always flaunt his fair and clear skin, which is probably one of his trademarks. La Mer revealed why they chose him as their newest male ambassador.

"Lee Dong Wook's luxurious image and irreplaceable atmosphere fit well with the brand, so we chose him as the model,"

The campaign ad, which he posted on his instagram gained over 1.3 million likes and counting. Lee Dong Wook is not a stranger when it comes to beauty and skincare endorsement. Some years ago, he became the face of Chanel's first makeup for men collection. He was the first-ever South Korean actor who achieved this level in collaboration with the French luxury brand.  :kaching3:

I'm glad for all the blessings that come his way for this year 2021. He's in a series of movies and dramas this coming year with two upcoming films & a drama. :Fist1:

• Like 1

*** I was done watching again the drama "Tale of the Nine-tailed Fox", which I wasn't able to watch continuously during its airing because of lack of time. Now, I finished watching it. I love the drama. What I only hate was the death of Kim Bum. To be completely honest, Yi Yeon's death was saddening, but Rang's sacrifice WRECKED me. He seriously DELIVERED! The message of the story is : People who have *petty* quarrels with their siblings: this show is a sign that it's time to make up with them...before it's too late. Ji-ah and Lee Yeon gets a romantic, happy ending and reunites as a couple. Moreover, she

never really discovers that he is still a gumiho.  hahaha -    :Woah:

• Awesome 1

10 Korean Dramas That Portray Healthy Relationships

With the landing of the Korean wave all over the world, people in the remotest places of the globe can now connect to and relate with the stories portrayed in Korean dramas. Among all the genres that K-Dramas are popular for, romance dramas are the most beloved and for good reason too! They portray beautiful relationships, very human situations and provide healing to the soul. However, the relationships shown in these dramas don't always portray happy relationships. Here are

10 Korean dramas that give us shining examples of healthy relationships!

photo1352206.jpg

"Touch Your Heart"

Yoo In-na and Lee Dong-wook's romance drama was highly anticipated, especially due to their unfulfilled love story in "Goblin" and "Touch Your Heart" delivers on that front beautifully. The romance is so pure and light-hearted that it instantly lifts viewers' mood. There are no unnecessary roundabouts or complications and we couldn't be more thankful.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Hancinema

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

15 K-drama Pairs with Crazy Chemistry

There’s no denying that one important ingredient for a successful romance k-drama lies on a good pairing.

So it goes, the two leads must portray their immense love for each other on-screen. But in rare occasions, a pair just easily hits it off even just by staring at each other. Chemistry? Yes.

Ready to feel some butterflies in your stomach? Here’s a list of 15 K-drama pairs we think are blessed with sky-high, crazy chemistry.

Yoo In Na and Lee Dong Wook in “Goblin” and “Touch Your Heart”

This pair explodes with chemistry that they just have to create a new drama for them.

Albeit different from what they showed from Goblin, Yoo In Na and Lee Dong Wook perfectly compliments each other’s acting even from different character perspectives.

Can we also mention that one of the reasons why Lee Dong Wook accepted the “Touch Your Heart” role was because he’s comfortable and trusts Yoo In Na?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

*** Yesterday, August 10 episode of “Sea of Hope,” Lee Dong Wook revealed to Kim Go Eun that he had decided to perform a duet with AKMU’s Lee Suhyun at their seaside bar later on. Kim Go Eun asked with a laugh, “How come someone who doesn’t even sing that much at karaoke suddenly decided to sing live?” After they both cracked up, he jokingly replied, “Well, when we go to karaoke, you and [Gong Yoo] do all the singing.” Kim Go Eun responded, “[Gong Yoo] often sings more than I do.” Lee Dong Wook added, “If we’re singing a total of 10 songs, Kim Go Eun will sing 6 of them, [Gong Yoo] will sing 3.5, and I’ll sing 0.5 of a song.” He then playfully worried to Kim Go Eun, “What am I going to do? How am I going to sing? I’m doing it because Suhyun asked me to.” I'm glad that the (3) cast of "Goblin" are still close to each other. Even if the drama has been long wrapped-up, they maintained their friendship..based from their conversation. Hopefully, they reunite again in a drama. :heart2:

Kim-Go-Eun-Lee-Dong-Wook.jpg

source : http://www.sportsworldi.com/newsView/20210810517442

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[SBS Star] Lee Dong Wook Reveals What It Is Like to Go to a Singing Room with Kim Go-eun·Gong Yoo

Spoiler

201580985_1280.jpg

Actor Lee Dong Wook shared what goes on in a singing room when he goes there with actress Kim Go-eun and actor Gong Yoo. On August 10 episode of JTBC's television show 'Sea of Hope', Lee Dong Wook shared a fun story involving him, Kim Go-eun and Gong Yoo.

201580983_1280.jpg

While in a car together, Lee Dong Wook and Kim Go-eun talked about their upcoming duet. Kim Go-eun said, "You don't even sing when we go to a singing room. How are you going to sing today?" Lee Dong Wook burst out laughing and commented, "Ah, that's right. You and Gong Yoo sing and I don't sing at all in a singing room."

201580982_1280.jpg

Kim Go-eun laughingly responded, "Actually, Gong Yoo often sings more songs than me." Then, Lee Dong Wook said, "Well, most of the time, it is... Go-eun, 6 songs, Gong Yoo, 3.5 songs, me 0.5 song."

201580984_1280.jpg

The three stars became close while shooting tvN's mega-hit drama 'Guardian: the Lonely and Great God' in 2016. Even though it has almost been half a decade since they have worked with each other, they still seemed to maintain their friendship well.

(Credit= JTBC Sea of Hope)

(SBS Star)

Edited by gm4queen
Please put 4th image onwards under spoilers! Thanks!

[PICK] 5 Korean Mystery Dramas Inspired by Suspense Books & Webtoons

Novels and fictions are great inspirations for TV dramas. Interesting stories in books have been steadily adapted into dramas, whether or not they have been well known to people for a long time. In particular, mystery is an excellent genre for long-winded dramas because it makes it difficult for us to predict where the play is headed. It keeps attracting the viewers’ attention as they keep wondering what’s next, and the viewers can guess how the story would conclude. And of course, converting a well-written novel into a drama does not always come out successfully. I will introduce five dramas that perfectly bring the tense stories in the text and cartoons to the small screen.

Hell Is Other People (2019)

Mystery K-Dramas Credit: OCN

‘Gosiwon’ is a type of residence in Korea. Although the monthly rent is cheap, it is a place where privacy is not even dreamed of as the rooms are cramped next to each other. Author Kim Yong Ki’s webtoon Hell Is Other People, which has accumulated 800 million views, is mainly set in Gosiwon, inhabited by low-income people. The story starts from the main character’s suspicion that one of his neighbors might be a murderer in a limited space of his gosiwon building where you can literally feel your neighbor’s breaths. This 10-episode drama intensely depicts the horrors of a young man (Im Si Wan) who moved to Seoul. He comes to live in an old and shabby gosiwon through a hell created by others.

Although the drama’s violent scenes were criticized, it was praised for closely portraying the process of an ordinary young man’s mind deteriorate, being encroached on by the hell created by others.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://zapzee.net/2021/08/16/pick-5-mystery-k-dramas-adapted-from-suspense-novelsweb-toons/

*** The show "Sea of Hope" recorded below 1% in viewership ratings for the first time. Today, August 18th, AGB Nielsen Korea revealed the viewership ratings for JTBC's 'Sea of Hope' episode on August 3rd. According to data, the August 17th episode broke the record for the show's lowest viewership ratings since the premiere. The 8th episode dipped below 1% viewership ratings of 0.982%. Compared to its previous episode from last week, the show experienced a 0.128% drop. As previously reported, the highest viewership ratings for 'Sea of Hope' is 1.6%. The show has been receiving criticism for its similar concept to tvN's 'Youn's Kitchen'.  :kisslevel:

• Shocked 1

*** I wonder why his variety show "Sea of Hope" struggling with low ratings despite the star-studded cast on it. Before its premiere, the show was expected to garner high figures in terms of viewership as it boasts a star-studded cast. Unfortunately, viewership ratings have remained very low since its pilot EP. It looks like they struggle to score high ratings in future episodes. According to a South Korean outlet, viewers lamented some awkward scenes. Over Twitter, one fan criticized the "blurry" and shaky shots during Onew's performance. :kitty:

sea-of-hope.jpg?w=900

sea-of-hope-still.jpg?w=600?w=650

photos source : Kdramastars

• Sad 1

*** From August 11 to August 16, the Japanese magazine ViVi held a web survey, asking netizens which Korean drama they most wanted a remake of. ViVi is a Japanese fashion magazine. It is one of Asia's top fashion magazines and is

published in Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Thailand. I love this drama.     :popcornjackson:

Here are the top 10 voted dramas from the Japanese web survey:

1. 'What's Wrong With Secretary Kim?'
2. 'Itaewon Class'

3. 'Guardian: The Lonely and Great God'
4. 'Crash Landing On You'
5. 'Coffee Prince'
6. 'Nevertheless'
7. 'You Who Came From The Star'
8. 'Something In The Rain'
9. 'Kill Me, Heal Me'
10. 'Start Up', 'Pinnochio', and 'My Name Is Kim Sam Soon' were tied for the #10 ranking.

*** On the 24th, magazine ViVi published the survey results of 400 Hallyu fans on “the best Korean drama that needs a Japanese reboot.” tvN’s drama Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (also known as Goblin) took third place. The participants have left comments like, “It has a story that will go across in all ages,” and “I’d want to see Goblin’s bickering romance in a Japanese version.”  :kaching3:

20210826063017012pwds.jpg

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210826063016024?x_trkm=t

2 hours ago, loveskyblue said:

Hello all Dong Wook's fans, can i know anyone here going to sell his For My Dear Photobook?

I know it is a limited edition photobook and tried to search online but all been sold out T.T

@loveskyblue ye, I know that this product is already out of print and maybe no longer available even in YesAsia but, you may try this site : https://ksplaza.com/product/photobook-lee-dong-wook-dear/   Or   https://sgkpopper.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/lee-dong-wook-for-my-dear-photobook-asia-tour-dvd/

:kaching1:

19 hours ago, willenette said:

*** On the 24th, magazine ViVi published the survey results of 400 Hallyu fans on “the best Korean drama that needs a Japanese reboot.” tvN’s drama Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (also known as Goblin) took third place. The participants have left comments like, “It has a story that will go across in all ages,” and “I’d want to see Goblin’s bickering romance in a Japanese version.”  :kaching3:

source : https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20210826063016024?x_trkm=t

@loveskyblue ye, I know that this product is already out of print and maybe no longer available even in YesAsia but, you may try this site : https://ksplaza.com/product/photobook-lee-dong-wook-dear/   Or   https://sgkpopper.wordpress.com/2017/12/05/lee-dong-wook-for-my-dear-photobook-asia-tour-dvd/

Hi willenette,

Thanks for your reply.

I already emailed to both of these stores to ask. But it seems that the chance is superb slim since both of the site listed as sold out T.T

But i will still try my luck! Thanks :)

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Love 1

*** On the episode nine of "Sea of Hope", Lee Dong Wook sings with AKMU’s Lee Suhyun the song City of Stars. It's a popular track from the film musical, La La Land starred by Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling. He seemed shy at first but was able to perform well when the audience cheered on him. Their performance is part of "Sea of Hope’s" format. As far as I remember, he also has performed the same song last year (2020) with BoA on his show, "Lee Dong Wook Wants to Talk". Ahhh... I love LDW's voice when he sings - sounds so sweet & pleasing to my ears. :Megathanks:

video source : Kdramastars

Here’s Lee Dongwook with BoA’s own City of Stars

video source : YouTube

• Like 2