[Drama 2023] Twinkling Watermelon, 반짝이는 워터멜론

larus

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (November 4, 2023)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

mistyisles

Twinkling Watermelon: I’m a couple of episodes behind on this one, but my (mostly positive) feelings about it are pretty much holding strong. Yi-chan and Chung-ah continue to be the cutest thing ever together. Not-Se-kyung continues to toe the line between sympathetic and annoying. Eun-gyeol continues to amaze me at how dense someone as smart as he supposedly is can be. I am encouraged that there seems to be some purpose to the time travel aside from helping the kids understand their parents better (and I’m hoping there will be some level of understanding on the parents’ parts too, once they return to their own times).

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/11/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-november-4-2023/

• Like 1

20231106105114_Twinkling-Watermelon-1106Choi Hyun Wook Tries To Have Heart-To-Heart Conversation With Shin Eun Soo In “Twinkling Watermelon”

Nov 6, 2023
by M. Lim

tvN’s “Twinkling Watermelon” has released new stills of Choi Hyun Wook and Shin Eun Soo ahead of today’s episode!

“Twinkling Watermelon” is a fantasy coming-of-age drama in which a CODA (child of deaf adult) student born with a gift for music accidentally travels back in time to 1995 through a suspicious music shop. There, he forms the band Watermelon Sugar with other mysterious youths.

Ryeoun stars as Eun Gyeol, the only person who can hear in his family, who leads a double life as the perfect model student by day and a band guitarist by night. Choi Hyun Wook takes on the role of the passionate Yi Chan, Eun Gyeol’s father who was a high school student in 1995. Seol In Ah transforms into Seowon Arts High School’s cello goddess Se Kyung, while Shin Eun Soo plays the cold and haughty “ice princess” Chung Ah, who has been deaf since birth.

Spoilers

Previously, Chung Ah was heartbroken upon hearing that Eun Yu (posing as Se Kyung) would choose Yi Chan over Eun Gyeol at the festival. Consequently, Chung Ah decided to give up on the idea of becoming friends with Yi Chan and resorted to using harsh words to distance herself from him.

Surprised by this abrupt shift in Chung Ah’s attitude, Yi Chan paid a visit to her home and attempted to communicate with her through sign language. Nevertheless, Chung Ah maintained her cold demeanor and asked him not to visit her again, leaving him stunned.

In the newly released stills, Yi Chan’s growing concern for Chung Ah prompts him to invite her to his band’s practice room, where they engage in a heartfelt and sincere conversation. The stills capture the warmth in Chung Ah’s eyes as she watches Yi Chan try to find the right words, flipping through a sign language book to communicate with her.

Twinkling-Watermelon-1106-2.jpeg

Spoiler

Twinkling-Watermelon-1106.jpeg

Twinkling-Watermelon-1106-1.jpeg

Meanwhile, Eun Gyeol, who has been dedicatedly trying to bridge the gap between Yi Chan and Chung Ah, discreetly watches the two. His eyes reflect a mix of nervousness and anticipation, leaving viewers curious about the unfolding dialogue between Yi Chan and Chung Ah.

Twinkling-Watermelon-1106-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624529wpp/choi-hyun-wook-tries-to-have-heart-to-heart-conversation-with-shin-eun-soo-in-twinkling-watermelon

• Like 1

Here are ratings for Episode 13! :).

“Twinkling Watermelon” And “The Matchmakers” Continue Fierce Ratings Battle

“Twinkling Watermelon” And “The Matchmakers” Continue Fierce Ratings Battle

The fierce battle for Monday ratings continue!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 6 broadcast of episode 13 of “Twinkling Watermelon” garnered an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.7 percent. This is similar to the rating of 3.8 percent the drama recorded for the previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624623wpp/twinkling-watermelon-and-the-matchmakers-continue-fierce-ratings-battle

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624623wpp/twinkling-watermelon-and-the-matchmakers-continue-fierce-ratings-battle

On 11/4/2023 at 4:53 AM, larus said:

Can you play piano? How niceI I hope you`ll find the sheet music for that song.

I did!! It's so nice. :)  The YouTube channel VcLooping has a ton of great OST covers (free). I recommend if you play piano and are looking. 

This week's episodes were great. I was dying when

Spoiler

Yi Chan was demanding his "son" (his words) hand over the phone. Also when Eun Yoo/Se Kyung was dancing around, trying to get them to write BTS lyrics :sweat_smile:

Lots of really heartfelt moments in here, too. I love the relationship Eun Gyeol has with each of his parents. :heart:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I recommend if you play piano and are looking. 

Unfortunetly, I can`t play any instruments. I wish I can play. 

53 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

This week's episodes were great.

Yes, lot of good moments. I like the drama as a whole and I love all the characters. I had a feeling I will like the drama and I am glad I`ve started it.

From the preview, some sad events might happen. Only two episodes. I will miss this drama.

• Like 1

Here are ratings for Episode 14! :).

“The Matchmakers” Remains No. 1 In Ratings As “Twinkling Watermelon” Follows Close Behind

“The Matchmakers” Remains No. 1 In Ratings As “Twinkling Watermelon” Follows Close Behind

tvN’s “Twinkling Watermelon” achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.6 percent, which is a similar score from its previous episode’s score of 3.7 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1624956wpp/the-matchmakers-remains-no-1-in-ratings-as-twinkling-watermelon-follows-close-behind

7 hours ago, larus said:

From the preview, some sad events might happen. Only two episodes. I will miss this drama.

I'll miss it, too. And yes, I think we definitely have some sad moments ahead. I am quite sure that the main point for Eun Gyeol coming to the past is not to prevent the accident that makes his father deaf, but to get to know his parents as people and not just parents, to learn that it's okay to live and not just be alive, and to understand them more. (He is still super responsible for his family in 1995, though!) And I still predict that his dad will lose his hearing in a way where he sacrifices himself to save or benefit Eun Gyeol somehow. And that dad will not regret it one bit. 

Heh. I am super curious how things will go when they get back to 2023, though. Like...hi hyung, I've brought my girlfriend home to meet the fam--whoops! Er. Awkward. :D 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, frozentundra said:

I am quite sure that the main point for Eun Gyeol coming to the past is not to prevent the accident that makes his father deaf, but to get to know his parents as people and not just parents, to learn that it's okay to live and not just be alive, and to understand them more. (He is still super responsible for his family in 1995, though!) And I still predict that his dad will lose his hearing in a way where he sacrifices himself to save or benefit Eun Gyeol somehow. And that dad will not regret it one bit. 

I also believe that Eun Gyeol and Eun Yoo time travel is not about changing their parents future but to undersdtand them better, to heal some of their issues.

I don`t want Yi Chan to lose his hearing to save Eun Gyeol. That could bring another guilt to Eun Gyeol. I hope it is not the case.

• Like 2

tvN's Twinkling Watermelon fell to 3.68% (episode 13) from 3.79% (episode 12). However, it remained the most-watched in its time slot. The K-drama is on a streak of 3% ratings and will, most likely, conclude with single-digit viewership. 

60nB5j_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Twinkling Watermelon?

Episode 14 of Twinkling Watermelon will air on November 7 (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/the-matchmakers-and-evilive-rise-in-ratings

‘Sparkling Watermelon’ Lee Ha-min, tsundere/puppy drummer

1699424340688116.jpg

Lee Ha-min is playing an attractive drummer in ‘Sparkling Watermelon.’

tvN's Monday-Tuesday drama 'Sparkling Watermelon' released behind-the-scenes still photos of Lee Ha-min, who is playing the role of drummer Lee Si-guk, sparkling.

The revealed stills steal attention not only from the refreshing appearance of a school drama, but also from the faint eyes that remind one of the memory of first love, the broad shoulders that make the heart flutter, the angry veins, and the tall physique. This behind-the-scenes still, which stands out for its unique refreshing atmosphere, thrills the hearts of those who see it.

1699424455923436.jpg

Lee Ha-min plays the role of Lee Si-guk, captivating the hearts of viewers with various appearances such as a hot-tempered boy who is physically stronger than expected, a tsundere boy who grumbles but has a warm heart, and the goofy appearance of a large dog who is big but doesn't know what to do in front of the girl he likes.

To ensure perfect performance scenes, Lee Ha-min took lessons before filming and performed all the scenes in the play herself. In addition, during the traumatized adolescence of Jeong Ji-ho (played by Go Kyung-pyo) in tvN's 'Mon-Wed-Friend-Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday', he plays the role of affectionate senior Ahn Jin-woo in the web drama 'New Love Play', showing off his diverse side in each work.

https://news.nate.com/view/20231108n27253?mid=e1200

https://www.xportsnews.com/article/1791220

• Like 1

‘Sparkling Watermelon’ Seol In-ah, a story of growth overcoming trauma…All-rounder romantic comedy queen

RY6JNYA6PCLYYBWWHSVWIUIJKY.jpg

Seol In-ah of ‘Sparkling Watermelon’ is showing off her potential as an all-round romantic comedy queen by providing laughter, excitement, and even emotion.

Seol In-ah, who perfectly plays the dual roles of Choi Se-kyung from 1995 and Choi Se-kyung's daughter Ohn-yoo from 2023, is playing a very active role, exuding the visuals of a cello goddess beyond her time and various charms.

In addition, Seol In-ah brings joy and fresh excitement through Ha Eun-gyeol (Ryeoun), who became a couple after many twists and turns, and On Eun-yu, who still shows Tom and Jerry chemistry, while also showing the growth of On Eun-yu, who tries to run away from her family but wants to return to her family. It is drawn warmly and is attracting even more attention.

In the 13th and 14th episodes of 'Sparkling Watermelon', which aired on the 6th and 7th, On Eun-yu revealed to Ha Eun-gyeol the trauma and wounds that had been hidden deep in her heart and hurt her, and at the same time, her mother, who was an obsession for her, was revealed. A scene was depicted where Choi Se-kyung tried to understand and further missed her mother.

She courageously faces the past of her mother, who resembles not only her appearance but also her own childhood, and says, “I guess I’m homesick for her. On Eun-yu said, “I suddenly want to eat my mother’s food,” as if she was brushing everything off. Her journey of overcoming her own trauma and understanding her mother’s trauma was heartbreaking to watch.

Seol In-ah's emotional line, which delicately expresses the flow of her emotions, shines greatly in making the normally chic and cheerful On Eun-yu persuasively immerse in the narrative that slowly neutralizes the distant and dark side. In particular, the scene where her feelings for her mother changed from anger to longing, and instead of being filled with emotions, was portrayed calmly and with a metaphor-like expression, she gave a subtle touch.

In this way, Yeti Ah not only brings her laughter and excitement, but also fills the entire story with her emotions, and tvN's 'Glittering Water Melon' is expected to show her performance until the last episode. It airs Tuesdays at 8:50 p.m.

https://biz.chosun.com/entertainment/enter_general/2023/11/08/U6DU2RXAYYD6ZYGJCXUTU6PLTY/

Happiness, the moment when life sparkles like a watermelon [Hong Jong-seon's famous line]

news_1699340373_1292289_m_1.png

Be happy~! This is a phrase that is used several times a day in the SNS messenger window.

It is often used, but compared to ‘Be rich’ or ‘Be healthy’, it is a prayer that is somewhat more difficult to grasp. Happiness is often compared to the blue bird in the fairy tale ‘The Blue Bird’ by Belgian playwright Maurice Maeterlinck. The Chir Chir-Michir siblings wandered through the Land of Memories, the Palace of Night, the Forest, the Palace of Happiness, and the Land of the Future in search of the Blue Bird to cure the fairy grandmother's words, but in the end, the Blue Bird was in the cage by her bedside. It means that happiness is nearby, and it also means that it is not something that cannot be easily found if you pursue it purposefully.

Due to that ambiguity, many works of art express people going in search of happiness and the happiness they find. Maybe that's why, when we read books, watch dramas, watch movies, and look at paintings, our eyes and ears open wide to expressions of happiness. I welcome you with the joy of encountering a profound philosophy of life.

In the tvN Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Sparkling Watermelon’, which aired up to episode 13, we also encountered philosophical thoughts about what happiness is and how to become happy. The lines I will introduce from now on are so beautiful and brilliantly sparkling that I was drawn to them, but after watching over 10 episodes and feeling the sincerity and purity of the work, I realized that ‘happiness’ presented by ‘Sparkling Watermelon’ is… I have greater faith in the answer to this question.

news_1699338850_1292289_m_2.png

The famous line appears as soon as episode 10 begins. Eun-gyeol (Ryeo-reun) is CODA (A Child of Deaf Adult, a person who has one or both parents who are deaf or whose guardian is deaf and has been raised by him or her). Her family includes her mother (played by Seo Young-hee) who was born deaf, her father (played by Choi Yoon-young) who became deaf after an accident, and her older brother Eun-ho (played by Bong Jae-jae) who was born deaf.

Eun-gyeol has played the role of a bridge that connects her father, mother, and older brother to the world not only in the big and small matters of the family, but also in every trivial moment of daily life. His older brother, Eun-ho, who is deaf, is passionate about Taekwondo and dating, but his younger brother, Eun-gyeol, stays away from the music he likes and playing the guitar, which he is good at, and lives without even dreaming of dating. On this day, he meets five of his older brother's girlfriends one after another and announces the breakup on his brother's behalf, which he doesn't even want, and tries his best to create a situation where his older brother can focus on college entrance exams. Eun-gyeol and Eun-ho, who had been hit by water after ‘getting rid of’ their fourth girlfriend, came out of the cafe and stood facing each other on the street.

First, the older brother speaks bitterly, but the most necessary words are conveyed to his younger brother in sign language.

“Eun-gyeol, stop living your life now. I will survive my life somehow. Sometimes, enjoy the present too. Love like me, like me. Don't waste your youth because of me or your family. Shine while you can. Hey, do something that gets your heart pumping! “That way the Earth will not be destroyed!”

Shine while you can! Do what gets your heart pumping! At that time, I thought my brother was making an excuse not to give out the contact information of his girlfriend who was so precious to him. However, true words penetrate a person's heart, and even if they seem to have passed through one's ears at the time, they come alive the moment they are needed.

Spoiler

news_1699338850_1292289_m_3.png

That moment also came for Eun-gyeol, when he was alone with Choi Se-kyung and the romantic mood reached its peak. In fact, Eun-gyeol believes that the girl in front of her was the high school girl next door, Choi Se-kyung (Lee So-yeon), who would one day give her a very precious guitar. In fact, the person she keeps falling for and whose cheeks turn red is Se-kyung's daughter, Eun-yu (played by Seol-in Ah).

Eun-gyeol is 18 years old in the present, and is still 18 years old in 1995, when the time slipped by. The girl who has suddenly taken a place in the heart of the boy who always thought only about her family is actually a metaphor for the present time shifted to 1995. Even in 1995, when they went to the past, and when they returned to the present, they still like each other and can rely on each other, but they misunderstand each other.  Eun-gyeol is the first to overcome a barrier that can never be called low. He stands close to Eun-yu. As she approaches, he recalls what his brother said.

Do you remember? My brother said that to me that day. Life doesn't sparkle when all conditions are met, but it sparkles moment by moment. Happiness is an experience that is completed by gathering those moments. Even if I try to shine sometimes, even if I sometimes do what my heart tells me to do, won't the Earth be destroyed?'

I am there to cheer you on. “Yes, Eun-gyeol, do what your heart tells you to do! “The Earth will not be destroyed!”

After hesitating once, Eun-gyeol gathers courage the second time and kisses Eun-yu, who he thinks is Se-kyung. In an instant, both the eungyeol and the metaphor sparkle. Both of them look extremely happy. You must have been happy at that moment, and the experience that is completed by gathering those sparkling moments is happiness.

ah! Eureka! Even though I lived with happiness in my mouth, I thought of it as the ‘result’ I felt today. I thought it was a question of whether I was happy or not at this very moment. Of course, in order to be happy now, I thought that there had been happy moments, even if they were rare, from the distant past, and that I remembered them, lived today with a positive attitude, and looked to tomorrow.

‘Sparkling Watermelon’ tells us. Happiness is an ‘experience’ that is completed by gathering sparkling moments. It is an experience of ‘process’ rather than ‘result’. Somehow, I feel like happiness is one step closer. I felt supported and encouraged that it wasn't that difficult and that I just had to work hard and gradually gain experience. This feeling must also be a momentary flash of happiness.

Spoiler

news_1699338850_1292289_m_4.png

If you want to be happier, let's meet episode 14 at 8:50 pm tonight. Go Doo-shim, who is recognized as a famous actor even by putting a piece of pork belly on the table or by singing singer Han Myeong-sook's song 'The Man in the Yellow Shirt', Cheon Ho-jin and Park Ho-san, who shine even in special appearances, and convey deep emotions well even when acting in sign language. Choi Won-young, Seo Young-hee and the delicious Jeong Sang-hoon are the basics.

Lovely youth actors such as Ryeo-woon, Choi Hyun-wook, Seol In-ah, Shin Eun-soo, Ahn Do-gyu, Yoon Jae-jin, Lee Soo-chan, Ha-min Lee, and Seok-hyung Lee share their lively energy and present bright smiles. From the hair and makeup that add natural charm to the characters, there is nothing that is distracting. How to spend 1 hour and 20 minutes happily tonight, it's easier than you think.

• Like 2

Twinkling Watermelon: Episodes 13-14

by Dramaddictally

Our penultimate week is on a mission for feels — from a chest-clutching love story to a tear-filled rescue. Plus, our time-traveling hero is about to discover he’s not alone on his trek to the past. And the person who’s sharing his journey is exactly the one he wants by his side.

EPISODES 13-14

These episodes belong to Chung-ah and Yi-chan and man were they worth the wait. We finally get a clearer picture of Chung-ah’s backstory and also witness the unfolding love between her and her future husband. Not to bash Eun-gyeol and Eun-yoo (I love you guys!), but their cutesy affection is overshadowed this week by Yi-chan and Chung-ah’s deep feelings. I’m starting with their story because we’ve waited long enough to have them in the spotlight.

For a few weeks, Chung-ah’s life struggles have started to resemble a Cinderella tale. Her mother is gone. Her father is away on business most of the time. And she’s left in the house to be abused and locked in the attic by her “teacher,” the Evil Chairwoman, who tries to force her to speak.

We see a flashback of Chung-ah as a child attempting to escape. She runs to her father, where she’s able to call out, “Dad!” But rather than leading to a rescue, the display only backs up the Evil Chairwoman’s case that Chung-ah is making progress on her speaking lessons. Chung-ah is sobbing, but Chairman Yoon doesn’t intervene. From what we’ve seen, he has no idea about the abuse and he really loves his daughter and wants her to succeed. Still, he’s not there to protect her.

So when we get into the love story between Chung-ah and Yi-chan, it makes a lot of sense that this girl who’s never seen love before has such a strong reaction to it. We open on Yi-chan as he pouts about Chung-ah’s refusal to see him. By the time Eun-yoo comes around, apologizing for leaving the festival and admitting that she likes Eun-gyeol, he’s already over it. He thanks her for the good times, but we can see his heart has moved on.

Then, there’s a string of precious moments as he follows Chung-ah around with googly eyes. When he sees her feeding a stray cat and signing to it, you can literally see his heart melt. His expression is slight, but Choi Hyun-wook nails it.

After all the longing looks, there’s a scene that’s not cute at all (and very anger-inducing), when Chung-ah is being bullied in the street by two boys. Yi-chan appears, grabs both boys by the ears, and yanks them away from her. When they don’t stop mocking her, he lays a punch on one of them and they all wind up at the police station. Halmeoni comes to the rescue, defending Yi-chan because she knows he wouldn’t fight for no reason, and she can tell he likes Chung-ah.

By this point, Chung-ah is starting to question her own noble idiocy (she rejected him so he could be with Se-kyung). But before she gets the nerve to fess up, he calls her to the band practice room to be clear about his feelings. He’s prepared notecards, that he flips one by one, as she reads what he has to say, which is along the lines of: You liked me first — how can you make my heart flutter and then just ditch me?

He reveals that he wanted to sing for her at the festival, but since she wasn’t there, he’ll have to do it now instead. He’s got a song just for her, about facing hardship and being there for her, and he sings and signs the lyrics. Tears stream down her face, and as he nears the end, flipping through his dictionary to remember the signs, she walks over and hugs him tight, crying harder and not letting go.

Later, when the band goes on a camping trip and Chung-ah and Eun-yoo come along, Chung-ah tells Yi-chan about “face names.” These are name signs given to an individual, because it’s cumbersome to spell out birth names in sign language. The name sign her mother gave to her is “Clear Sound” and she thinks Yi-chan should be “Shiny Voice.” She can’t hear his voice, but she can see and feel it. He’s so moved, he kisses her. And there’s something breathtakingly pretty about the way he takes her hand during it.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/11/twinkling-watermelon-episodes-13-14/

• Like 2

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (November 11, 2023)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

DaebakGrit

Twinkling Watermelon: Catching up on a lot of dramas after being on vacation for two weeks, and it was nice to have four episodes of Twinkling Watermelon to binge in one sitting. Extremely pleased that this drama has held up and remained consistently good, and I’m trusting this one to stick the landing.

Unit

Twinkling Watermelon: That slap was the icing on the delicious cake that was this week’s episodes! Chung-ha is standing up for herself and connecting with her future family, both ships have sailed, and the OST I’ve been waiting for has been released! Overall, it was a happy week for me. But that cliffhanger though…

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/11/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-november-11-2023/

• Like 2

20231112125147_twinkling-watermelon-5.jpRyeoun, Seol In Ah, Choi Hyun Wook, And Shin Eun Soo Dish On Their Characters’ Most Shining Moments In “Twinkling Watermelon”

Nov 12, 2023
by S. Nam

With two episodes remaining until the finale, the cast of tvN’s “Twinkling Watermelon” dished on the scenes in which their characters shined the most in the drama!

“Twinkling Watermelon” is a fantasy coming-of-age drama in which a CODA (child of deaf adult) student born with a gift for music accidentally travels back in time to 1995 through a suspicious music shop. There, he forms the band Watermelon Sugar with other mysterious youths.

Spoilers

Ryeoun plays Eun Gyeol who travels back in time to 1995 and meets his father Yi Chan (Choi Hyun Wook) when he is in high school. Although he hid his love for music due to his sense of responsibility toward his family, Eun Gyeol could pursue music after traveling back in time and meeting his father. For his favorite scene, Ryeoun chose the moment Eun Gyeol first went on stage as a band with Yi Chan. Ryeoun shared, “Eun Gyeol always wanted to be acknowledged by his parents, and he shined the most when he was performing the music he loved with his father.”

choi-hyun-wook-ryeoun-5.jpeg

Spoiler

Ryeoun-11.jpeg

Choi Hyun Wook, who plays the passionate Yi Chan, replied, “It is when [Yi Chan] first starts something like when he first started the band and when he faced his first love. To Yi Chan who lives passionately because he wants to shine every day, ‘the first time’ was the most dazzling moment above all.”

ryeoun-choi-hyun-wook-5.jpeg

Seol In Ah stars as both Se Kyung as well as her daughter Eun Yu who also travels back in time to the year 1995. The actress remarked, “Se Kyung’s most precious memory is when she was serenaded by Ji Hwan (Woo Jae Yeon), while Eun Yu’s most precious moment is when she learned that the moment Eun Gyeol fell for her was when she was Eun Yu herself and not Se Kyung.”

Spoiler

seol-in-ah-11.jpeg

ryeoun-seol-in-ah-3.jpeg

Shin Eun Soo portrays Chung Ah, a character who has been deaf since birth. For her character’s favorite scene, Shin Eun Soo picked the moment when Chung Ah first runs into Yi Chan at the bookstore. Shin Eun Soo shared, “Like how they say a person becomes more beautiful when in love, I believe that Chung Ah’s face after she met Yi Chan properly for the first time and fell in love shined more brightly than anyone else’s. I also feel that Yi Chan was the starting point of Chung Ah’s shining life, so I believe that scene to be Chung Ah’s most dazzling moment.”

Spoiler

shin-eun-soo-11.jpeg

shin-eun-soo-choi-hyun-wook-1-.jpeg

choi-hyun-wook-shin-eun-soo-7.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1625859wpp/ryeoun-seol-in-ah-choi-hyun-wook-and-shin-eun-soo-dish-on-their-characters-most-shining-moments-in-twinkling-watermelon

• Like 1

Spoiler

3 Questions Left To Be Answered In Final Episodes Of “Twinkling Watermelon”

3 Questions Left To Be Answered In Final Episodes Of “Twinkling Watermelon”

Ahead of its highly-anticipated finale, tvN’s “Twinkling Watermelon” shared three questions to focus on for the finale!

Spoilers

1. How will the futures of the main characters play out?

The first interesting question to focus on for the finale will be the futures of all the characters including Eu Gyeol (Ryeoun) and Eun Yu (Seol In Ah), who time traveled to 1995, as well as Yi Chan (Choi Hyun Wook), Chung Ah (Shin Eun Soo), and Se Kyung (Seol In Ah). In particular, viewers were intrigued in the last broadcast as Eun Gyeol learned from Eun Yu that the accident that caused Yi Chan to lose his hearing had not happened yet.

ryeoun.jpeg

Having learned from the master (Jung Sang Hoon) that there is not much time left for their time traveling journey, Eun Gyeol has to prevent the accident from happening before returning to 2023, making viewers question whether he will be able to succeed with help from Eun Yu.

Furthermore, Chung Ah has yet to escape from her step-mother Im Ji Mi (Kim Joo Ryoung), while the truth of Se Kyung’s birth has yet to be revealed.

2. What will happen to Eun Gyeol and Eun Yu’s relationship?

ryeoun-seol-in-ah-.jpeg

Previously, Eun Gyeol and Eun Yu confirmed their feelings for each other, and they learned that they were both time travelers from the future. Their feelings for one another deepened as they shared their heart-fluttering excitement as well as their loneliness.

After learning that Eun Yu also knows Eun Gyeol’s older brother Ha Eun Ho (Golden Child’s Jaehyun), viewers are curious to find out how their relationship will continue in present day.

seol-in-ah-.jpeg

3. What will result from the butterfly effect?

Another point to focus on is the butterfly effect cause by time travelers Eun Gyeol and Eun Yu. The master shared that many events began to change as Eun Gyeol traveled to the past, causing him to even dream that his mother in the future became Se Kyung instead.

Furthermore, Eun Yu met her mother’s father Jonathan (Park Ho San), finding answers to what she is curious about on her own and changing the past in the process.

Spoiler

shin-eun-soo-.jpegchoi-hyun-wook-1.jpegchoi-hyun-wook-shin-eun-soo-1-.jpeg

The second to last episode of “Twinkling Watermelon” will air on November 13 at 8:50 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1626019wpp/3-questions-left-to-be-answered-in-final-episodes-of-twinkling-watermelon

20231113093152_Twinkling-Watermelon-15.jChoi Hyun Wook And Ryeoun Confront Shin Eun Soo’s Father To Protect Her In “Twinkling Watermelon”

Nov 13, 2023
by M. Lim

tvN’s “Twinkling Watermelon” has released new stills ahead of today’s episode!

Ryeoun stars as Eun Gyeol, the only person who can hear in his family, who leads a double life as the perfect model student by day and a band guitarist by night. Choi Hyun Wook takes on the role of the passionate Yi Chan, Eun Gyeol’s father who is a high school student in 1995. Seol In Ah transforms into Seowon Arts High School’s cello goddess Se Kyung, while Shin Eun Soo plays the cold and haughty “ice princess” Chung Ah, who has been deaf since birth.

Spoilers

Previously, Chung Ah faced escalating pressure and abuse from her stepmother Im Ji Mi (Kim Joo Ryoung). To make matters worse, when Im Ji Mi’s attempt to gain control of the family was hindered by Eun Gyeol, she resorted to locking Chung Ah in the attic once again. Fortunately, Eun Gyeol discovered and rescued her and decided to bring her to the Snail Boarding House.

In the process, Yi Chan also became aware of Chung Ah’s abuse at home. Unwilling to remain passive, Eun Gyeol and Yi Chan are gearing up to confront not only Im Ji Mi but also Chung Ah’s father Yoon Geon Hyung (Kim Tae Woo).

Twinkling-Watermelon-15-1.jpeg

Twinkling-Watermelon-15.jpeg

In the newly released stills, Yi Chan positions Chung Ah safely behind him as he confronts Yoon Geon Hyung with fearlessness despite the latter’s silent authority emanating from his charismatic presence.

Spoiler

Twinkling-Watermelon-15-5.jpeg

Twinkling-Watermelon-15-4.jpeg

In other stills, Eun Gyeol also confidently faces Yoon Geon Hyung and Im Ji Mi, engaging in a composed conversation with the two adults as he seems unfazed by Im Ji Mi’s menacing glare. Given Eun Gyeol’s earlier vow to Im Ji Mi that he would “change her history,” anticipation intensifies over whether both Eun Gyeol and Yi Chan can expose Im Ji Mi’s schemes and rescue Chung Ah from her abuse.

Spoiler

Twinkling-Watermelon-15-2.jpeg

Twinkling-Watermelon-15-3.jpeg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1626090wpp/choi-hyun-wook-and-ryeoun-confront-shin-eun-soos-father-to-protect-her-in-twinkling-watermelon

• Like 1

Some really lovely moments in ep 15 (as well as some inevitable ones).

My question is, when they go back to 2023, how long before they meet again? He left from Korea, just down the street, but she left from the US.

Also, the brother will be shocked, lol.

Pretty sure halmoni is no longer living in the present. I hope the tape survives, it will be so nice for Eun Gyeol to hear her voice again.

Here are ratings for Episode 15! :).

“Twinkling Watermelon” Continues Tight Ratings Battle With “The Matchmakers” Ahead Of Finale

“Twinkling Watermelon” Continues Tight Ratings Battle With “The Matchmakers” Ahead Of Finale

The fierce battle for ratings continues among Monday evening dramas!

tvN’s “Twinkling Watermelon” also achieved an average nationwide rating of 3.5 percent for its second to last episode. This is similar to the score of 3.6 percent recorded by the drama’s previous episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1626274wpp/twinkling-watermelon-continues-tight-ratings-battle-with-the-matchmakers-ahead-of-finale