[Drama 2024] Branding in Seongsu, 브랜딩 인 성수동

larus

Watch out for bunnies in Branding in Seongsu

by tccolb

As we head into the month of St. Valentine’s, LG’s U+ Mobile TV came out with more promos for the upcoming office romance Branding in Seongsu. But because we can’t just have nice things, it looks like a rogue Easter Bunny has a vendetta to serve, wreaking havoc for our soon-to-be body-swapped leads: Kim Ji-eun (Longing for You) and Park Solomon (a.k.a. Lomon)(Revenge of Others).

With a temperamental and no-nonsense attitude, our tough Kang Na-eon (Kim Ji-eun) has made many enemies while working as the marketing team lead. We thus begin the teaser with her firm belief that the recent attacks are not accidental and we watch as Na-eon is chased by her masked rabbit assailant in a creepy sequence, ultimately landing her in the hospital.

https://youtu.be/bN_9kTZVTrM

However, now that Na-eon and marketing intern So Eun-ho (Park Solomon) have switched souls, the situation is even more dangerous and complicated. In fact, it’s actually Eun-ho in Na-eon’s body who lies in the hospital bed, while Na-eon stands by helplessly in Eun-ho’s body. Although our leads want to know how they got swapped, our heroine decides that the more pressing mystery right now is, who is trying to kill her.

We then follow Na-eon as she looks into possible suspects at work, starting with obvious rivals. But recognizing that the culprit could be right under her nose, the list also has Na-eon’s friendly(-ish) colleagues, including a suspicious Yang Hye-ji (Sweet Home 2) and a concerned Kim Ho-young.

Once Eun-ho recovers, our main pair re-groups to discuss their plan. But Eun-ho realizes his foot in the mouth too late, wondering out loud, what kind of life Na-eon lived for something like this to happen. Backpedaling on his mistake, the teaser then ends as Eun-ho turns the blame on the evil bunny mask instead.

On the production side, U+ Mobile TV’s Branding in Seongsu has PD Jung Heon-soo (Twelve Nights) directing with scripts co-written by Choi Sun-mi and Jeon Sun-young. Premiering next week on February 5, the series will be following a 4-day weekly schedule, releasing episodes on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/watch-out-for-bunnies-in-branding-in-seongsu/

Watch: Kim Ji Eun Dashingly Sweeps Lomon Off His Feet In “Branding In Seongsu” Teaser

Watch: Kim Ji Eun Dashingly Sweeps Lomon Off His Feet In “Branding In Seongsu” Teaser

Upcoming drama “Branding in Seongsu” has unveiled a new preview ahead of the premiere!

“Branding in Seongsu” is a romance drama that takes place in the neighborhood of Seongsu, which is the center of branding, and follows the story of the prickly marketing team leader Kang Na Eon (Kim Ji Eun) and intern So Eun Ho (Lomon) as their souls get swapped following an unintentional kiss.

The newly released teaser previews So Eun Ho’s attempts to pursue sincere and honest marketing. He confronts Kang Na Eon and says, “We can do marketing righteously!” However, Kang Na Eon counters, “So Eun Ho! If you’re going to be righteous under my watch, don’t be in marketing.”

As rumors in the office surface about the two having a love-hate relationship, Kang Na Eon dashingly comes swooping in to catch So Eun Ho who is about to fall after being taken aback by a speeding car.

Check out the preview for episodes 1 and 2 below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQKNU6snwzw

“Branding in Seongsu” will release an episode every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 12 a.m. KST after premiering on February 5. Check out the latest teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1639953wpp/watch-kim-ji-eun-dashingly-sweeps-lomon-off-his-feet-in-branding-in-seongsu-teaser

Spoiler

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Kim Ji Eun And Lomon’s New Drama “Branding In Seongsu”

3 Reasons To Look Forward To Kim Ji Eun And Lomon’s New Drama “Branding In Seongsu”

Upcoming drama “Branding in Seongsu” has shared key reasons to look forward to its premiere!

“Branding in Seongsu” is a romance drama that takes place in the neighborhood of Seongsu, which is the center of branding, and follows the story of the prickly marketing team leader Kang Na Eon (Kim Ji Eun) and intern So Eun Ho (Lomon) as their souls get swapped following an unintentional kiss.

Here are three reasons to tune in to this week’s premiere:

A fun take on the body-swap trope

Kang Na Eon is an industry legend who succeeds in every project she takes on, earning herself the title of the youngest team leader at Seongsu Agency. However, despite her outstanding abilities, she has many enemies due to her harsh and unfriendly personality.

On the other hand, intern So Eun Ho is adored by everyone at the agency due to his cheerful and charming demeanor. Viewers can look forward to seeing what happens when the souls of these two very different people are switched.

kum-ji-eun-2.jpg

A mystery action thriller

After a severe injury caused by a villain wearing a rabbit mask, Kang Na Eon wakes up in a hospital bed only to find herself trapped in the body of intern So Eun Ho. In an effort to discover the identity of her attacker, Na Eon sets out to find out who tried to kill her while pretending to be So Eun Ho.

With so many people on the list of suspects, including Han Yi Jae (Park Ki Duk), who is trying to take over the position of team leader for political reasons within the company; Team Leader Nam (Kim Byul); her close friend and fellow employee Do Yoo Mi (Yang Hye Ji); and art director Cha Jung Woo (Kim Ho Young); viewers can look forward to the mind games Na Eon will play with all the suspects as she tries to hunt down the perpetrator.

lomon.jpg

A virtual tour of a real-life marketing agency

Viewers will be able to see what a real-life marketing agency is like through the fictional Seongsu Agency. Starting with the planning process, the drama will capture the A to Z of branding, including competitive presentations, pop-ups, and more.

Kang Na Eon will also demonstrate professionalism by leading successful presentations not only in front of executives but also in street presentations with clients. As the drama is set against the backdrop of Seongsu, the center of branding, the drama will feature hot spots in the neighbourhood as well as appearances by famous personalities.

kim-ji-eun-1_e5cd67.jpg

“Branding in Seongsu” will premiere on February 5.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1640261wpp/3-reasons-to-look-forward-to-kim-ji-eun-and-lomons-new-drama-branding-in-seongsu

Premiere Watch: Branding in Seongsu

by missvictrix

252TOFLZVFVQ46JC5TQBJSABWA.jpg

Time slot: Monday-Thursday
Broadcaster: U+ Mobile TV
Genre: Rom-com, thriller, workplace
Episode count: 12 (with each episode split into 2 parts)
Global streamer: Viki

Reasons to watch: Kim Ji-eun, who has spent a lot of her career working opposite Namgoong Min thus far, is back in the lead but this time opposite the cute Park Solomon (Lomon). The former is cold and unlikable, the latter is the opposite, and never the twain shall meet. Until they swap bodies, that is. And in case you’re wondering, this rom-com does promise a side helping of stalker-killer right out of the gate, so at least they’re being honest? This drama will sink or swim based on the chemistry between our leads, and hey, I’m willing to tune in just to see how that pans out.

TL;DR: If you want another body swap rom-com, this is your moment

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/premiere-watch-branding-in-seongsu/

BZCS7SO57BTUGLRAO3DW6FZ7GU.jpg

https://www.chosun.com/entertainments/enter_general/2024/02/05/GEN6Z43CW7K734JU63MB5K6DD4/

Spoiler

Exclusive Interview: Kim Ji Eun And Lomon Talk “Branding In Seongsu” Soul Swap, Dream Roles, 2024 Goals, And More

Exclusive Interview: Kim Ji Eun And Lomon Talk “Branding In Seongsu” Soul Swap, Dream Roles, 2024 Goals, And More

Kim Ji Eun and Lomon have united for a trendy new drama!

Branding in Seongsu” is a romance drama that takes place in the neighborhood of Seongsu, which is the center of branding, and follows the story of the prickly marketing team leader Kang Na Eon (Kim Ji Eun) and intern So Eun Ho (Lomon) as their souls get swapped following an unintentional kiss.

Along with the recent premiere of the drama, the two actors took time with Soompi to talk about their characters and impressions of each other, share fun facts about themselves, and more.

Read the full interview below!

What were your first thoughts after reading the “Branding in Seongsu” script?

Kim Ji Eun: When I first read the script, I had a lot of fun reading about the characters living completely different lives after their souls are swapped, and instead of only comedic elements, there are also compelling incidents.

Lomon: When I first read the script, I was entertained by the theme of souls being swapped after a kiss and the chemistry of the characters. More than anything, I really wanted to take on this project as I thought that I would be able to show diverse sides of myself through this one production.

What did you especially focus on in regards to acting out your character’s soul swap?

Kim Ji Eun: I paid attention to my tone, gaze, and even my smile in order for Na Eon to seem clearly different before and after the soul swap. I especially focused on expressing Eun Ho’s distinctive bright personality in order to not appear like Na Eon.

Lomon: Ji Eun Noona and I met before filming and decided three habits of each other’s characters beforehand, and we worked to observe each other’s acting on set. On days that we filmed alone, we shared videos of ourselves acting to help develop our characters.

What was the most fun scene to film?

Kim Ji Eun: Na Eon spends a lot of time alone, and she is a character who is often angry and frustrated, so I was a bit lonely filming her scenes. However, maybe because Eun Ho is a bubbly character, but it’s hard to pick just one scene because all of his scenes were fun to film.

Lomon: There’s a scene shown in the teaser in which I’m running toward Ji Eun Noona but fall over after being shocked by an approaching car, and I remember that scene being really fun to film. It was very heart-fluttering to be protected by Kang Na Eon after usually being the one to do so. (laughs)

lomon.jpeg

What do you think are the charms of Kang Na Eon and So Eun Ho?

Kim Ji Eun: Na Eon is really good at working! It’s really respectable and charming how she achieves her goals no matter what. Eun Ho is a bright and positive character. I think his charm is that he gets along well with everyone because he is a generous person who is considerate of others.

Lomon: I think So Eun Ho’s charm is the pureness that emerges when he is staying firm to his beliefs. He also possesses great cuteness not fitting for his age. He is a character who is really fun to be with and who can provide positive energy. I think Kang Na Eon’s charms emerge when she is working. Her judgment skills that allow her to quickly resolve situations as well as her confident charisma are extremely attractive, and she can become a reliable leader-like ally if she is by your side.

What were your first impressions of each other, and what are your current impressions?

Kim Ji Eun: My first impression of Lomon was that he is so tall! As I spend more time together with him, I have been thinking that he is an actor who I can learn a lot from.

Lomon: My first impression of Kim Ji Eun Noona was that she is smart, has a strong sense of responsibility, and is very charismatic. I also thought that it could be difficult to approach her easily and become close for these reasons. However, after filming began, we became close quickly while acting, and there are also cute, innocent, and playful sides to her. More than anything, Noona is a warm-hearted person who takes care of people around her a lot, so I had a lot of fun while filming and was able to rely on her.

branding_654dac.jpeg

Seongsu has recently been known as a very trendy neighborhood in Seoul. Have you been to Seongsu yourself? How would you describe Seongsu to international fans?

Kim Ji Eun: Even as someone who does not usually enjoy trendy spots, I think that Seongsu is a hip place with cool cafes created from former factory sites and is fun to look around as a place where the past and present coexist.

Lomon: I sometimes go to Seongsu when I want to walk along cool streets or want to visit trendy spots and especially when I want delicious food or coffee. I think Seongsu is a place with various trendy spots including diverse and unique restaurants and coffee shops. I strongly recommend Seongsu if you want to have a great experience with nice people.

If you were to actually have an office job, what kind of position do you think would suit you?

Kim Ji Eun: I think being a secretary would suit me!

Lomon: I like planning and carrying out those plans because I have strong J (judging) tendencies [in regards to MBTI], so I think I might do well as a secretary.

What is a job you haven’t acted out yet that you would like to try for a role in the future?

Kim Ji Eun: I want to try out diverse occupations, but if I were to choose, I want to act out roles of a doctor or television announcer! haha

Lomon: There are so many characters I want to try acting because I haven’t tried diverse projects yet, but what comes to mind right now is that I want to try the awesome role of a firefighter who saves lives.

Spoiler

kim-ji-eun.jpeg

What do you enjoy watching on YouTube these days?

Kim Ji Eun: These days, I enjoy watching mukbang ASMR and drama review videos!

Lomon: Because the weather has gotten chilly, I want to travel, but because I am currently working on filming a production, I find vicarious pleasure by watching travel videos on YouTube. Watching various travel vlogs before going to sleep has been providing me comfort.

What do you usually drink at cafes?

Kim Ji Eun : I usually drink decaf iced Americano.

Lomon: I love drinking a warm latte in the morning. I tend to drink decaf after 2 p.m.

Please share any TMI about yourself!

Kim Ji Eun: I’m going on a trip abroad by myself!

Lomon: I ate tangsuyuk (sweet and sour meat) today!!!

Do you have any personal goals or resolutions for 2024?

Kim Ji Eun: To work out consistently and take my nutritional supplements consistently!

Lomon: To be healthy in mind and body and give positive energy to people around me in 2024! And to show diverse sides of myself to fans! Those are my goals for this year.

branding_037952.jpeg

Please share a word for international fans who are watching “Branding in Seongsu”?

Kim Ji Eun: Hello everyone! This is actress Kim Ji Eun! I would be thankful if you enjoy watching “Branding in Seongsu”! I hope everyone will be healthy in 2024 and spend a year filled with love!

Lomon: A heart-fluttering and fun story set in Seongsu, the center of branding, about successful marketer Kang Na Eon and the innocent So Eun Ho swapping souls after a kiss is waiting for you in “Branding in Seongsu,” so please show lots of interest and love!!! Please tune in!!!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641525wpp/exclusive-interview-kim-ji-eun-and-lomon-talk-branding-in-seongsu-soul-swap-dream-roles-2024-goals-and-more

• larus changed the title to [Curent Drama 2024] Branding in Seongsu, 브랜딩 인 성수동-Kim Ji Eun& Lomon

Branding in Seongsu: Episodes 1-2 (First Impressions)

by DaebakGrits

Set in the cutthroat world of branding and marketing, our latest drama focuses on the oddball pairing between a marketing team leader at the top of her game and an idealistic intern who grates on her nerves. It’s a classic tale of opposites attract that, so far, remains utterly unattractive.

Editor’s note: This is an opening review only. For a place to chat about the entire drama, visit the Drama Hangout.

EPISODES 1-2

Branding in Seongsu is the latest drama released by LG’s streaming platform U+ Mobile TV, but rather than the quality we’d expect from a standard 12-episode K-drama, this drama — with help from its nontraditional airing schedule — somehow manages to have the rushed pacing and low-budget feel of a web drama. Right out the gate, our leading lady KANG NA-EON (Kim Ji-eun), a team leader at Seongsu Agency, is dropped into our laps via a high-pressure situation designed to acquaint us with her astute business acumen and her ability to get the job done — no matter what obstacles are in her way. If her coworker moves a meeting with a potential client to an earlier time and intentionally fails to update her, then she’ll pay a taxi driver 500,000 won to go off-roading to avoid a traffic jam.

The client is the CEO of XU Beauty (Shin Hyun-soo), and he denies all rumors that his cosmetics company lies about its products’ ingredients and engages in animal testing. But he’s, like, the SHEIN version of Shi-oh from Strong Girl Nam-soon, so all signs totally point to possible shady business practices.

The CEO needs a skilled marketing team for the launch of his company’s latest product, and so far he’s unimpressed by Na-eon’s colleague — and competitor — who tried to steal her pitch from her. When Na-eon arrives 47 minutes late to her 50-minute appointment, she remains unfazed. She’s so phenomenal at her job that she only needs three minutes to convince the CEO that she’s the woman to entrust with his marketing needs. She will not only make his product a huge success, but she will also rebrand his whole image to get rid of all those nasty rumors plaguing his company — just like she did for a celebrity with a criminal history.

For some unknown reason, the CEO wants to open the pop-up store for the launch of his new product in an old shoe factory, where workers are currently protesting the relocation plan that will put them out of business. Na-eon, determined to give her client what he wants, sends interns from Seongsu Agency to convince the protesting workers to give up and let them take over the space for their pop-up.

This struggle with the workers turns out to be another exaggerated and unrealistic scene intended to quickly provide insight into our leading man’s character. SO EUN-HO (Park Solomon), the oldest intern at Seongsu Agency, has actually partnered with the factory employees to blockade his own coworkers from gaining access to the building. And if opposing his boss and coworkers wasn’t a clear enough indication that he’s an idealist and a supporter of the environment and underdogs everywhere — the exact opposite of our leading lady, the heartless tinwoman — then surely the save-the-planet themed enamel pins decorating his backpack are enough to drive the point home.

Despite actively working against Seongsu Agency’s interests, Eun-ho is not fired, but it seems unlikely that he will be hired after his internship. And in the rare event he does stay on at Seongsu Agency, he will probably be assigned to the worst team in the company — a subtle way of encouraging him to leave of his own accord.

more

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/branding-in-seongsu-episodes-1-2-first-impressions/

• larus changed the title to [Curent Drama 2024] Branding in Seongsu, 브랜딩 인 성수동-Kim Ji Eun& Lomon-Mon,Tue,Wed &Thu

LOVE IS IN THE AIR!:fullofhearts:

New Event Alert!:piggydance:

This Valentine's Day Vote for the Perfect Namja Chingus from K-Dramas :Pandabulous:

We are  back with another event. This is all about dreamy namja chingus from K-dramas. :machocat:

Please vote for your most perfect namja chingu from K-drama and do let us know why he is your favourite or rather what about his character that appealed to you. :letsgo:

re: Your friendly, neighbourhood EO Team 

@confusedheart @partyon @agenth @Sleepy Owl

3 Things We Loved & 2 Things We Hated About The Premiere Episodes Of “Branding In Seongsu”

Feb 12, 2024
by andyzar

Last week brought the arrival of “Branding in Seongsu,” a very anticipated K-drama starring Kim Ji Eun and Lomon. It tells the story of a professional marketing team leader and a young and naive intern working in a popular marketing agency in Seongsu. With the two of them having completely opposite personalities, they end up clashing more than once during their work hours, but when a supernatural event makes their souls switch bodies, they have to learn to literally live in the skin of the other in order to find a way back to their lives. With that set up, it is easy to understand where this drama might go, but as the first set of episodes already aired, keep reading to find out all there is to love or hate about them.

Warning: spoilers from episodes 1-4 below! 

LOVED: A competent and smart boss as a female lead

There’s nothing more appealing in a K-drama than seeing a boss girl fighting for what she wants and not being afraid of having a face off with her competitors. Kang Na Eon (Kim Ji Eun) is the type of determinate, bold, and icy character that we see a lot in male leads but not so often as female leads. However, she also has a vulnerable side to her as seen in the first episode when she nearly has a panic attack the moment the lights go out at her apartment.

kim-ji-eun-.jpeg

Though that fierce temper is a true charm of hers, hopefully we’ll get to see a little character development once she starts to face the consequences of backing up a cosmetic company that lies about not testing their products on animals, something that backfires at her once an anonymous post reveals the truth.

LOVED: The idealistic and sometimes dorky male lead

On the other hand, the male lead is the complete opposite to the female lead. Being just an intern at a marketing agency, So Eun Ho (Lomon) still has that fresh and idealistic spirit that Kang Na Eon despises. He is convinced that making rightful marketing—through fair means and in order to help small companies to shine—is possible, and that is exactly what he wishes to do.

romon.jpeg

Despite their differences, Eun Ho isn’t afraid of Na Eon’s personality, and he treats her in a rather direct fashion, confronting her for the issues with the cosmetic company and even putting his body on the line, which shows us that although he is a cheerful person most of the time, he also can be strong-minded and bold just like Na Eon.

LOVED: The main couple’s frenemies-like relationship

Just as the saying goes, opposites attract, and that is exactly what happens with these two characters. While Eun Ho might not agree with Na Eon’s way of working, he still respects her and sees her as a brilliant professional. And though Na Eon finds him annoying and naive, it is hinted that she might have a soft spot for Eun Ho, which is a good thing considering that by the end of episode four, these two have already swapped bodies.

branding-in-seongsu4.jpg

All things aside, the chemistry between them is there, making you wait for the development of their relationship in the future especially after the intense kiss scene that they shared, which surely came just as unexpected for Na Eon as it did for viewers in episode 4. Maybe in the future Eun Ho will prove to be the type of warm person that will melt down the icy heart of Na Eon, or she will turn him into an ace of the marketing world.

HATED: The portrayal of the working environment

Something to hate about this otherwise refreshing drama is the nasty portrayal of the working environment. Although everything is a work of fiction, it is somehow annoying seeing the cliché of the jealous coworker who backstabs the female lead or the corporate old geezers who harass their employees.

Though this gives us a reason to root for Kang Na Eon—who sometimes also behaves in a hateful manner towards Eun Ho, taking advantage of him—hopefully this won’t be the main tone of the following episodes and instead they will focus on the development of the characters and their relationship.

Spoiler

branding-in-seongsu-5.jpg

HATED: The thriller vibe in the first episodes

There are hints of jump-scares throughout this drama, so if you are not a big fan of thrillers, horror, or scary things, then this will make you a little uncomfortable. From the very beginning, there is some mystery involved in the plot, but it is somehow enhanced with a big psychopath wearing a rabbit mask killing people off or spirit-like hands creeping through Na Eon’s body, which make the drama all the more angsty.

This also makes it a little confusing to decipher what the drama is about with only these first four episodes (since the show follows a web-drama format with 30-minute long episodes). It somehow makes it difficult to fit all the elements of romance, humor, fantasy, and thriller in them, but nonetheless they surely will make it work in some way. In any case, we will find out so much more in the next episodes of “Branding in Seongsu”!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1641850wpp/3-things-we-loved-2-things-we-hated-about-the-premiere-episodes-of-branding-in-seongsu

• Like 1

ep 4

I thought Yoo Mi is also smart and  wouldnt  be manipulated.

But it seems her jealousy towards the FL is much stronger. 

I like the Naeon's co-worker, JW. He is calm and nice guy. 

The bunny masked guy is so scary.

GGF_OHyXEAA4lXo?format=jpg&name=small

of course the second kiss didnt help and they didnt switch bodies...:D

but that was a nice kiss....

the handcuff scene.... :D

Yoomi is so annoying....I wonder who supports her.

💖

SFzXG.gif

So, a passionate kiss is not the reason why they switch bodies...:Dand Eunho is related to that event from 

five years ago...

GHiDvX3W4AAgjyx?format=jpg&name=360x360

JW is annoying but I like the bickering between him and Eunho...:D

GHUN0ZVa4AAyPm0?format=jpg&name=900x900