[Drama 2023-2024] Elegant Empire - 우아한 제국 - Mon to Fri @ 7:50 KST

0ly40

Bold Prediction:

The reason why the Chairman is very kind to Ju-Kyung and Ye-Kyung is because he knew their biological father. Possibly the real founder of WJ Entertainment.    

I'm having doubts that the Chairman is giving a scholarship to a random orphan girl. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Are they real sisters? I thought they were just orphans in the same place.

3 hours ago, kboramint said:

Bold Prediction:

The reason why the Chairman is very kind to Ju-Kyung and Ye-Kyung is because he knew their biological father. Possibly the real founder of WJ Entertainment.    

I'm having doubts that the Chairman is giving a scholarship to a random orphan girl. 

Maybe.
If they are going to redeem the ML, they will need to turn the dead chairman to be an evil man, maybe stole WJ entertainment, ML was adopted or switched... everything, just plain outrageous. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

7 hours ago, maribella said:

Maybe.
If they are going to redeem the ML, they will need to turn the dead chairman to be an evil man, maybe stole WJ entertainment, ML was adopted or switched... everything, just plain outrageous. 

Theory: I don't think the Chairman is an evil man. The writer could make him feel guilty of what happened to Ju-Kyung's father. Let's say he thinks he killed him but he really didn't. The writer could make the Assemblyman be the true killer of Ju-Kyung's father. Make him the ultimate villian of this drama.  

If the ML poisoned his own father then I don't think the writers are going to redeem him. They didn't really show what he did to the Chairman. He might of attempted to poison him but the Chairman saw him and he ran off. Someone else could of entered the Chairman's bedroom and poisoned him before the ML.  

I think what he gave his grand-daughter holds the truth of Ju-Kyung's past. 

• Like 4

In Miss M, the father of the antagonist turned out to be the Machiavelli as revealed in the last few episodes. He was just a mild mannered businessman and husband for all the earlier episodes. His obnoxious big collar wife was a hapless, manipulated woman at the end. Was it an interesting twist? Not to me. 

I was saying that it could be their intention to make him the bad man so as to redeem others, esp. the sleazy ML. We saw how he was physically and verbally abused, but I think the idiot deserved it.

His demeanor in the current time episodes were different from the ongoing earlier ones. Although he was still abusing his daughter.

Maybe he'll do time and repent. Heavens forbid that she goes back to him.

• Like 1

That whole courtroom scene where MIL gives out a false testimony felt like a parody of the courtroom scene from "Meant To Be". If people on this thread watches that drama know what I'm talking about.  If the MIL can lie like that then I can see her really be the one that poisons the Chairman. 

She's also going to get involved in the car accident that "kills" Ju-Kyung, isn't she?

Also, I just noticed something. If they get rid of the wedding photo from the Penthouse, but then how come they kept the photos of her in the hallway? Wouldn't that bother the SFL?

Speaking of SFL. She was totally acting like a stereotypical SFL in todays episode. 

So sad that FL had a miscarriage in the courtroom.

@LeftCoastOppa The ML thinks he's in a KBS TV Novel that takes place in the 60-70's. Ever see those? (Sea of Woman, Dal Soon Springs) 

Bold Prediction:

I mentioned this before but I think the SFL and SML gets revealed to be half-siblings later in the show. They're both related to Eun-Ha. 

• LOL 1

am catching up on the episodes and all I can say is, "am I supposed to feel sorry for this FL?"  she knows the ML is a sleazebag and has a reputation. yet she marries him. tsk. tsk. she knows his mother hates her and will never accept her. yet she marries him expecting different?

How Stupid Are You Gif 

she is supposed to be so good at her job that she is able to raise the agency but then is surprised her husband and mother-in-law can't stand her success. woman, how blind can you be? can't even muster up one drop of sympathy for this dumb chick. 

weirdly this feels more like a story about tieless oppa and jaclyn. the evil duo who can't seem to be be happy. can understand why  @LeftCoastOppa thinks tieless oppa is far more interesting. bland no-good actor sunbae is so boring that I am forwarding all his scenes. could care less if he ends up with FL. disco oppa is intriguing but he feels like the actor who will never get the girl in any drama he airs. so I expect him to end up alone and in jail. hahahahah...

so far, the true mystery is how did FL get rid of her chocolate scar on her face? plastic surgery?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

49 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

am catching up on the episodes and all I can say is, "am I supposed to feel sorry for this FL?"  she knows the ML is a sleazebag and has a reputation. yet she marries him. tsk. tsk. she knows his mother hates her and will never accept her. yet she marries him expecting different?

How Stupid Are You Gif 

Being accused of pregnating someone and sexual misconduct should be a red flag for anyone.  

________

Since the ML wants the Assemblyman to be his father, I kinda want to see the Assemblyman divorce his current wife and suddenly marries ML's mother then the VJ daughter moves into the Penthouse and becomes the SFL's annoying sister-in-law (Similar to Amor Fati) that hates on the SFL all the time.     

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

disco oppa is intriguing but he feels like the actor who will never get the girl in any drama he airs. so I expect him to end up alone and in jail. hahahahah...

This does bring up an interesting point - who likes who?

- ML in the present is missing the FL he destroyed in the past

- 2FL who says its only for business not love, seems to be warm and fuzzy on the ML (even I have no explanation for that one)

- Puppy Oppa has a crush on the FL

- Lollipop girl has a crush on Puppy Oppa

- Assemblyman's wife and Elder Na actor seem to have something smouldering in the background (shadows of Miss M?)

- Ditzy WJ actress seems to be recovering from her run-in with "Chinese royalty" guy

On an entirely separate note, its amazing how a drama about actors can be so poorly acted :rolleyes:

• LOL 2

12 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- Assemblyman's wife and Elder Na actor seem to have something smouldering in the background (shadows of Miss M?)

I have a feeling that they're going to be back together mid-season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

You know... if the police did their jobs, they would check to see if there were fingerprints on the pot. I have a feeling SML's Uncle is going to have a bigger role once we return to Present time. 

Plus just the sheer un-believability  of the entire "murder" - the mastermind FL murderess, waited until there were 4 other people at home (daughter, sister, husband, MIL) and then went into the room, first tried to choke out her victim, (insert roars of pain) then after others started entering the room, in front of witnesses now, smashed the pot on his head. 

Schitts Creek Ok GIF by CBC

• LOL 2

19 hours ago, kboramint said:

I have a feeling that they're going to be back together mid-season. 

They were married earlier. They were bickering a lot in one episode, about the time they were married.

I don't care about this old couple. If they don't connect them to EH, then they are only around for comic relief.

20 hours ago, kboramint said:

Bold Prediction:

I mentioned this before but I think the SFL and SML gets revealed to be half-siblings later in the show. They're both related to Eun-Ha. 

We know SFL and EH are siblings. If Na and SFL are half siblings, it means he was in love with his half sister. :omg:

19 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- ML in the present is missing the FL he destroyed in the past

You won't give this up, will you? If he is really missing JK and not faking it, there will have to be a quantum leap in time. It will need that long for him to regret it. The verbal abuse ( some shoving too) and humiliation, he knows he has killed his father, he smirks in court to see JK all at sea. JK looked like she had died only a short while ago. Her daughter is still in the kindy. 

• Like 1

So Episode 16 (raw) ...

REAL TIES!!!! - we got 2 - count em - 2 REAL ties .... 2 REAL ugly ties ... but hey, baby steps

Comedy Central Thank You GIF by The Jim Jefferies Show 

So the FL gets divorced ... she should've divorced him the first time he asked, just for that outfit he was wearing :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, maribella said:

You won't give this up, will you? If he is really missing JK and not faking it, there will have to be a quantum leap in time. It will need that long for him to regret it. The verbal abuse ( some shoving too) and humiliation, he knows he has killed his father, he smirks in court to see JK all at sea. JK looked like she had died only a short while ago. Her daughter is still in the kindy. 

Actually its you who won't "give it up"

Is the ML a cheater? - Yep.  Is the ML abusive? - Yep. Is the ML deceitful? - Yep.

None of that changes what we saw in the present time episodes - specifically, the karaoke bar. If it was just dialogue then you might have a case the ML was lying in an attempt to gain favor with the FL, believing her to be a rich target. However, we the audience were shown what he was thinking. He was reflecting on happier times with his ex ie: HE-WAS-MISSING-HER.

Maybe you should heed your own advice, and stop ... pretending not to see what the writer has written ...

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, maribella said:

We know SFL and EH are siblings. If Na and SFL are half siblings, it means he was in love with his half sister. 

I wasn't talking about Na. I was talking about the actor guy that has a crush on the FL.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

So the FL gets divorced ...

Basically she divorces and gives up her stock of WJ Entertainment in exchange that MIL will claim that her testimony in court was false. Doesn't the writer know that's perjury?? The MIL admits she commited a crime. 

Now, she is going to prison for a few months for ebezzelment. A charge that was dropped due to lack of evidence. How does that even happen? 

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

she should've divorced him the first time he asked, just for that outfit he was wearing

The ML just thinks he's in a KBS TV Novel that takes place in the 60-70's.  

----

All these "FL gets framed and is sent to prison" scenes seem like a parody of other "FL get framed and sent to prison"  seen in other daily dramas. The courtroom scene was basically like the scene from "Meant To Be" and the scene where the FL had sign documents in her prison uniform seems like a scene from "Fatal Promise".  

We even got a "FL crying out for her dead unborn baby after a miscarrage in the hospital." scene.    

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

"Are you afraid that I threw her in the orphanage like your parents did?" - ML

Okay, I'm starting to think there was foul play involving the FL's parents. This is why the Chairman is so nice to her. He knows what happened to her parents.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kboramint said:

"Are you afraid that I threw her in the orphanage like your parents did?" - ML

Okay, I'm starting to think there was foul play involving the FL's parents. This is why the Chairman is so nice to her. He knows what happened to her parets.   

This is kind of a lazy rehash of the drama it just replaced if true haha but there’s good suggestions for this actually being the case..

• Like 1
  • LOL 1