[Drama 2023] Live Your Own Life/Hyo Shim’s Independent Life, 효심이네

larus

Ha Jun Romantically Proposes To Uee In “Live Your Own Life”

Ha Jun Romantically Proposes To Uee In “Live Your Own Life”

Get ready for a romantic proposal on the next episode of “Live Your Own Life”!

“Live Your Own Life” is a drama starring Uee as Lee Hyo Shim, a warmhearted personal trainer and self-sacrificing daughter who has always put her family’s needs before her own—until she finally makes up her mind to break free from her leech-like family and pursue her own happiness. Ha Jun stars as Kang Tae Ho, the director of the planning division of a conglomerate group, while Go Joo Won plays his cousin and ultimate rival Kang Tae Min.

Spoilers

In newly released stills from the drama’s upcoming episode, Tae Ho gets down on one knee to propose to Hyo Shim by the Han River. The location is a meaningful one for the couple: Tae Ho and Hyo Shim first met in the park by the river, where they ran into each other—literally—before initially getting off on the wrong foot.

While Tae Ho wears a look of absolute certainty as he presents Hyo Shim with a ring and asks her to marry him, Hyo Shim looks somewhat conflicted as she returns his gaze—making it unclear what her answer will be.

Live-Your-Own-Life.jpg

The drama’s production team commented, “After receiving [Hyo Shim’s mother] Sun Soon’s permission, Tae Ho formally proposes to Hyo Shim at the Han River park where they first met.”

They went on to tease, “Please look forward to finding out what Hyo Shim’s answer will be in this most romantic of moments, as well as whether the two of them will be able to finally get married.”

The next episode of “Live Your Own Life” will air on March 3 at 7:55 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1645953wpp/ha-jun-romantically-proposes-to-uee-in-live-your-own-life

Here are the ratings for Episode 47! :).

“Captivating The King” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Korea-Khitan War” Soars To All-Time High

“Captivating The King” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet + “Korea-Khitan War” Soars To All-Time High

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” returned to its own all-time high of 22.1 percent last night, continuing its perfect streak as the most-watched program of Sunday.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1646097wpp/captivating-the-king-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet-korea-khitan-war-soars-to-all-time-high

Next week must be the last week. Her father has been around, using his real name. But they could not find him. 
The woman Park must be the woman he abandoned his wife for. 

Landlady KS’ son visited HS’ mum but not his mother.:worried:

I am sure the last episode is a time leap, HJ hasn’t graduated, THee just left HER shop, HS hasn’t got children.

• Like 1

It's going to be information overload in the last episode when it's finally revealed why the dad abandoned them.

And of course it's a family drama so we gonna get a sob story just so he would be forgiven.

Here are the ratings for Episode 48! :).

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won’s “Queen Of Tears” Premieres To Strong Ratings

Kim Soo Hyun And Kim Ji Won’s “Queen Of Tears” Premieres To Strong Ratings

while KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” continued its reign as the most-watched show of Saturday with a nationwide average of 19.3 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647583wpp/kim-soo-hyun-and-kim-ji-wons-queen-of-tears-premieres-to-strong-ratings

• Like 1

Hyo Sung is quite annoying. He kept to himself info to protect his mother and sister, not to let his wife worry and of course she worries. Now he has kept the knowledge of his father cheating to himself and of course others found out about it during a celebration. When HS asked him what he wanted to do, he didn’t know but he wanted to keep his parents apart to stop hurting his mother??. His siblings and mother are stronger than he is. 
I don’t understand how kdrama could create tension and storylines based on a misunderstanding, such as HS and TH. But I guess some famous romance novels have storylines based on misunderstandings. Although, I  think not sharing your  family problems with the one who is going to be your family is a strong indication. In real life, it means he or she doesn’t think that much of you. Walk away. 

In kdrama, they need the drama so, let’s see how they got the two lovebirds back. 
I think HS will donate her liver and TH will rush to her bedside.

I hope they’ll kill him off, that will teach the homewrecker what grief is. 
The father had been dead for 25 years.

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, maribella said:

The father had been dead for 25 years.

This is a fact HS should have understood especially when she saw the woman he abandoned his family for. He  planned to never see any of them since he left 25 years ago. Too much of a selfish coward and he really doesn’t feel apologetic. Unlike the mistress whose apology rings hollow when it is being said to bargain for a liver. For the mom sake, the coward is better off dead to the family. The Lee’s can hold the last real memorial for him and everyone can happily go live their own life. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 49! :).

“Queen Of Tears” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode; “Korea-Khitan War” Ends On All-Time High

“Queen Of Tears” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode; “Korea-Khitan War” Ends On All-Time High

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” remained the most-watched program of Sunday with an average nationwide rating of 22.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1647775wpp/queen-of-tears-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-korea-khitan-war-ends-on-all-time-high

Don’t want to make excuses for the bad writing, directing and the late bringing in of this storyline of dad needing a liver transplant, but since such transplants are feared, many Kdramas try to put them in. Even though they have the donors often get sick afterwards, usually coma, which is very discouraging, it seems in this one that HS will not get sick but disappear, oh my…

Since one’s partner has a say in what one does legally, healthwise, it’s understandable that HS makes this decision on her own, without sharing with TH - still, it can only cause a rift between the couple.

If there were more time, one could really have the characters explore their different layers, have another arc worth watching, as they find each other again, trying to heal from the family trauma. but this is not it, nor is there much time -this series wasted so much time, good characters, good plot lines, that went nowhere!

Is there going to be the obligatory one year, two yesr jump -TH goes away without HS?

Will we not see that a couple, even with this major event, can find a way to work together, to face things together, to build a foundation of love and trust? Or are they going to trash the relationship that they built up for the viewers in 49 episodes, in just one last dumb episode? Really frustrated with writers, producers, that seem to mess up the characters they build, and don’t even understand or care about the characters they have presented for the viewers, or the storylines - really makes it seem like AI is not only writing, but directing. No heart, no soul 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gaia2u said:

liver transplant, but since such transplants are feared, many Kdramas try to put them in. Even though they have the donors often get sick afterwards, usually com

This is probably their notion of CSR. Encouraging people to donate. But live donations are indeed problematic. RuBi quoted from some internet source that it hardly leaves a scar. What a disservice to donors! I remember a woman was not being able to conceive after donating something. I forgot. The crux is that it is just as dangerous as the receipients surgery.

Kdrama logic in action when HS told her brother that the father should live and spend everyday apologising to the mother.  No, she needs to move on with her life, getting apologies from the creep is not giving her the 25 years back.  

When HS’ mother ranted and told the father he should just die instead of coming close to them, I applauded her.

• Like 2

I totally agree with you both.  Disregarding the single mother and her struggles to raise 4 kids without financial support during their most important growing years is a real insult to those Mothers.  She sacrificed and lived in poverty while her legal husband ran off for an easier life with a new partner.  Since Korea no longer punishes men for their infidelity, he gets off pretty easy.  And the humiliation dished out by new wife to old wife for a liver donation is beyond belief.  I get that the message of family loyalty is what the goal is in these last episodes, but unfortunately, the loyalty should be going to Mother, not Father.

• Like 1

Is this series going for 100 episodes?

Spoiler

That additional episode sure added more problems than wrapping it it. Hyo-sim is becoming the troublemaker this time.

Her dad wasn't sorry at all. Him apologizing to her mom was only told because he has to but he doesn't meant it.

48 minutes ago, xiashenghan said:

Is this series going for 100 episodes?

Hide contents

That additional episode sure added more problems than wrapping it it. Hyo-sim is becoming the troublemaker this time.

Her dad wasn't sorry at all. Him apologizing to her mom was only told because he has to but he doesn't meant it.

50  plus 1 since 51 is the final. 

HS is running away just like her father. But the preview seemed to show them together. I think HD and THee will get back together. 

THee’s meeting with her mother was rather well done. I remember now see the actress a long time ago playing a nasty woman too. Her face has not aged at all.  

Here are the ratings for Episode 50! :).

“Queen Of Tears” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet For 3rd Episode

“Queen Of Tears” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet For 3rd Episode

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life” successfully remained the most-watched program of Saturday ahead of its own finale. The popular weekend drama earned an average nationwide rating of 19.7 percent for its penultimate episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1649177wpp/queen-of-tears-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-for-3rd-episode

9 hours ago, maribella said:

THee’s meeting with her mother was rather well done. I remember now see the actress a long time ago playing a nasty woman too. Her face has not aged at all.  

It sure is. That's the part where my waterworks just opened up more than Hyo-sim's part. Hyo-sim's just made me frustrated.

3 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

It sure is. That's the part where my waterworks just opened up more than Hyo-sim's part. Hyo-sim's just made me frustrated.

Why did she run away? She wanted to live her own life? Running away is so much like her father. She is exasperating. I could not empathise with her at all. I can understand how she feels about her mother who had gone through tough times for the children. But with this kind of father, just boot the mistress. The man is already seventy.

Kumbaya ending for everyone. The two serious criminals did hint of remorse but not enough to warrant their release. But TM’s dad, the weak and easily manipulated, was released early or pardoned, I skipped that part. He and TM reconciled.

HD and THee met and wished  each other well, there was a hint that HD went to be with her in Paris at the end. 
Others got their wishes, even MR who got another shot at acting.

An enjoyable show, we saw the clingy and demanding mother evolving into a strong, supportive mother. The self sacrificing HS realised that she gave but often resented it, finally was ready to do what made her happy. 

Here are the ratings for Episode 51 *Last Episode*! :).

“Queen Of Tears” Ratings Break Into Double Digits; “Doctor Slump” + “Live Your Own Life” End On Rise

“Queen Of Tears” Ratings Break Into Double Digits; “Doctor Slump” + “Live Your Own Life” End On Rise

KBS 2TV’s “Live Your Own Life,” which also aired its own series finale last night, successfully wrapped its run as the most-watched program of any kind to air on Sunday. The final episode of the long-running drama scored an average nationwide rating of 22.0 percent—nearly matching its personal record of 22.1 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1649331wpp/queen-of-tears-ratings-break-into-double-digits-doctor-slump-live-your-own-life-end-on-rise