[Drama 2024] Hide, 하이드

larus

On 3/27/2024 at 12:39 AM, partyon said:

any of you chingus watching this drama?

I've been super busy lately that I'm only watching one drama now... can you believe that... :(
Is this worth losing some sleep to watch? 

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I've been super busy lately that I'm only watching one drama now... can you believe that... :(

Oh noes chingu. :( Which drama are you watching?

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Is this worth losing some sleep to watch? 

Am on ep 3 now. Will let you know after I've watched ep 4 if it's worth losing some sleep over.

At least go to the event page and vote for your favorite OTP (who didn't end up together) before you log off. :kiss_wink:

@Tango27 @Sleepy Owl @joccu Did you watch ep 3 and 4?

I don't believe a word the husband is saying.... I am kinda hoping the 2nd ML Do Jin Woo is a good guy in the end and will help Na Moon Young uncover the truth.

I had a feeling already in ep1 when we saw the high heels with the red bottoms that neighbor Ha Yeon Joo is Ma Gang's boss. So the ending of ep 4 didn't come as a surprise.

Question is if the big boss is actually the guy in the wheelchair or her?

I don't see our married couple having a happy ending. I think ML is pretty rotten and so is his dad (and perhaps his mom too).

• Like 2

Meanwhile, Coupang Play's mystery thriller Hide, also airing on JTBC, scored its highest viewership of 5.97% (nationwide) and 6.60% (metropolitan) for episode 4, breaking the streak of 4% nationwide ratings. The K-drama remained the most-watched in its time slot. 

x4K16X_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Hide?

Episode 5 of Hide will air on April 6 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/queen-of-tears-ratings-rise-through-the-roof

• Like 3

4 hours ago, partyon said:

@Tango27 @Sleepy Owl @joccu Did you watch ep 3 and 4?

I don't believe a word the husband is saying.... I am kinda hoping the 2nd ML Do Jin Woo is a good guy in the end and will help Na Moon Young uncover the truth.

I had a feeling already in ep1 when we saw the high heels with the red bottoms that neighbor Ha Yeon Joo is Ma Gang's boss. So the ending of ep 4 didn't come as a surprise.

Question is if the big boss is actually the guy in the wheelchair or her?

I don't see our married couple having a happy ending. I think ML is pretty rotten and so is his dad (and perhaps his mom too).

i knew this lady was trouble.. but not as what was exposed ! i thought she was his mistress or somthin

i wonder why SJ didnt leave this town ? wouldnt it make sense they he would leave to seoul or whatever or is he still following orders 

i agree about JW ...

the thing is that they connected MY trauma with her dad to her husband ..you think his dad is also involved ?

i wonder no international streamer yet ? 

ratings are bad.. it def desrves better even if its a remake or the show isnt super original ! its very well done with great acting ..that reunion was a masterscene

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, Tango27 said:

the thing is that they connected MY trauma with her dad to her husband ..you think his dad is also involved ?

I don't know, but it would make sense that there is some connection with her childhood. What do you think?

I felt so sad when she wanted to commit suicide as a teenager and her husband stopped her. They have such a long history together and it's heartbreaking if he is turning out to be a bad guy. :tears:

i wonder no international streamer yet ? 

It's on Viki! That's where I am watching it.

ratings are bad.. it def desrves better even if its a remake or the show isnt super original ! its very well done with great acting ..that reunion was a masterscene

I also like the acting. The ratings are improving, though, and are actually not that bad.

I am definitely looking forward to this week's episodes because Ha Yeon Joo as a the big boss will be interesting to see. Moon Young is smart, though, so am confident she can take her down.

• Like 2

@partyon

you know i like you would naturally suspect old man in wheelechair too..as biggest boss ? 

but he cant be the one to kidnap husband !

and yes MRS oh sounds like a chilling villainess ..

i know about viki.. i meant netflix or amazon...thats what ppl usually watch 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

Was ready to drop this but thank goodness it picked up from ep. 03 onwards LoL.

Compared to the fl in, "Nothing Uncovered" Moon Young is a spitfire and NOT to be messed with yo. 

And sigh turned out that so-called "nice neighbor" is actually not so nice after all.

Seong Jae's actions sigh LoL. I don't know what to make of it tbh. I get he was backed into a corner due to his father's greed but.. I don't know .. the rest? Hm LoL.

I feel for the daughter, Bom. She's the weak link here and the bad guys target her as she's precious to Moon Young.

• Like 3

Hide: Episodes 3-4

by quirkycase

Our heroine continues to fearlessly dive into the mess her husband left behind, which is growing more dangerous by the day. Questions beget more questions, and the conflicting stories she’s told leave her unsure of who to trust. Lucky for her, she’s quite capable of figuring things out on her own.

EPISODES 3-4

Since we left off on that cliffhanger, let’s dive right back in. Moon-young saves Jin-woo’s life by yelling that she called the police and scaring Sung-jae away. As soon as Sung-jae scampers off, Moon-young rushes over to a hurt Jin-woo who tells her the shooter was her dead husband. For now, the two of them keep that little tidbit quiet.

Moon-young is really having a rough go of it. In a short span of time, she’s gone from mourning her nice husband to wondering if he’s in fact alive and hunting people down with shotguns. Then, someone breaks into her house in the middle of the night, leaving the seemingly only police officer in the city BAEK MIN-YEOB (Kim Sang-ho) to investigate. So far, he’s handled the office ransacking, the debt collectors, Sung-jae’s death, Jin-woo’s accident, and now this. He and Moon-young have crossed paths professionally before, and they are not on good terms.

Besides her friend Shin-hwa, Moon-young doesn’t have many people on her side. She is friendly with her mild-mannered neighbor HA YEON-JOO (Lee Chung-ah) who teaches a baking class Bom attends. Yeon-joo offers to help out when she can and is almost too nice… it seems suspicious, but then again, it’s hard to trust anyone besides Moon-young in this drama.

As if things weren’t bad enough of late, Moon-young arrives home one day to find Chief Ma chilling in her kitchen. He declares that Moon-young is on the hook for the 7 billion won her husband stole. He takes the 5 million in cash Sung-jae left her and gives her a week to come up with the rest. To ensure her cooperation, he had his men pick Bom up from school, showing how easily he can get to her.

He underestimates Moon-young and is stunned when she later pays him back in kind. She busts into a meeting at his office, thanking him for his generous 7 billion won contract with Chawoong Foundation on a welfare housing redevelopment project. Ever the prosecutor, Moon-young has done her due diligence and knows the money Sung-jae took was from a shell company and not legally Chief Ma’s – Geumshin faked an unhoused person’s account and disguised the money as construction fees.

Now that Moon-young has Bom safely with Shin-hwa, her prosecutor friend, Chief Ma’s threats do no good. She reads him well and gets under his skin by asking if there’s someone above him she should thank. She’s not off the mark; we’ve seen glimpses of a mysterious high-heeled woman who is calling the shots.

Speaking of the housing development project, we get a new player named HWANG TAE-SOO who is a supposed recipient of funds for this project. The night before the trial where everything went wrong, Sung-jae had taken a blackout-drunk Tae-soo home. He hasn’t been seen since, but Jin-woo did see a belonging of his in Chief Ma’s warehouse.

Jin-woo shares his startling conclusion with Moon-young: Sung-jae assumed Tae-soo’s identity. Sung-jae must’ve tried to kill Jin-woo because he figured it out and wanted to cover his tracks. It’s quite the story, and Moon-young doesn’t fully buy it yet. Still, she’s suspicious enough to personally send Sung-jae’s DNA sample to double check that the body they cremated is his. And, as she half hoped and half feared, it’s not a match.

Her mother-in-law is the one who sent the first DNA sample, which did match the body – it just wasn’t Sung-jae’s. For her to have Tae-soo’s DNA, she must be working with Sung-jae. Desperate for Moon-young not to tell Sung-jae’s father about any of this, she gives Moon-young Sung-jae’s current address. It’s time for a fraught reunion.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/hide-episodes-3-4/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Was ready to drop this but thank goodness it picked up from ep. 03 onwards LoL.

Compared to the fl in, "Nothing Uncovered" Moon Young is a spitfire and NOT to be messed with yo. 

And sigh turned out that so-called "nice neighbor" is actually not so nice after all.

Seong Jae's actions sigh LoL. I don't know what to make of it tbh. I get he was backed into a corner due to his father's greed but.. I don't know .. the rest? Hm LoL.

I feel for the daughter, Bom. She's the weak link here and the bad guys target her as she's precious to Moon Young.

the husband really went into all of this including possible murder but  was found by pretty much everyone ..he didnt hide properly after all 

he is not to be beilved but we get that MY will stick to him for now because of the long history ..not sure where the father comes in 

• Blob 1

On 4/3/2024 at 1:27 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't know, I just don't trust the hubby at all. In ep 4 it felt like he was seriously gaslighting Moon Young, even though she saw what she saw. He was changing the story of the shooting. Maybe I'm naive, but I trust Do Jin Woo more. :D

14 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So, how was ep.3-4?

They were even better. We got a good pace and the story is moving fast. :glasses:

• Like 2

@Tango27 @Latte_Anyday Well, well, well.... Anyone surprised about the ending of ep 5?

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Putting my comments under spoiler tags if you haven't watched the episode yet:

Spoiler
  • We know that hubby was lying to Moon Young when she first found him. She saw that he shot Do Jin Woo, but he tried to spin it around and change it. Making her believe she saw something else.
    So NOT FOR A SECOND was I surprised about the fact that there was a video of him killing the guy who died in the car crash.
  • Honestly? I wasn't even surprised that his mom was in on it.
    We knew that she had covered up her son's fake death and sent in false DNA. Her being involved in the death came as no shock to me. Will be interesting to see how much she was in on it and if she's also Yeon Joo's lackey
  • Do Jin Woo searching for his daughter is also no surprise. We've seen his key chain with a girl child several times now, and it's clear that he has another motive for being involved in this. Am wondering if there is more to the story though, and if hubby was being totally honest about trying to find the daughter?
  • I'm liking the fact that prosecutor BFF isn't a totally stupid character. She is putting 1+1 together pretty quickly right now. And the police is not being totally stupid either in the latest episode.
  • It was interesting to see how intertwined the Father In Law's foundation is with the Geumshin company. And no surprise that there is a connection with the FIL and dude in the wheelchair.

I still wish we would get more scenes of Do Jin Woo. He intrigues me for some reason. And Moon Young should totally dump her useless hubby and get closer to Jin Woo instead. :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, partyon said:

@Tango27 @Latte_Anyday Well, well, well.... Anyone surprised about the ending of ep 5?

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

Putting my comments under spoiler tags if you haven't watched the episode yet:

Reveal hidden contents
  • We know that hubby was lying to Moon Young when she first found him. She saw that he shot Do Jin Woo, but he tried to spin it around and change it. Making her believe she saw something else.
    So NOT FOR A SECOND was I surprised about the fact that there was a video of him killing the guy who died in the car crash.
  • Honestly? I wasn't even surprised that his mom was in on it.
    We knew that she had covered up her son's fake death and sent in false DNA. Her being involved in the death came as no shock to me. Will be interesting to see how much she was in on it and if she's also Yeon Joo's lackey
  • Do Jin Woo searching for his daughter is also no surprise. We've seen his key chain with a girl child several times now, and it's clear that he has another motive for being involved in this. Am wondering if there is more to the story though, and if hubby was being totally honest about trying to find the daughter?
  • I'm liking the fact that prosecutor BFF isn't a totally stupid character. She is putting 1+1 together pretty quickly right now. And the police is not being totally stupid either in the latest episode.
  • It was interesting to see how intertwined the Father In Law's foundation is with the Geumshin company. And no surprise that there is a connection with the FIL and dude in the wheelchair.

I still wish we would get more scenes of Do Jin Woo. He intrigues me for some reason. And Moon Young should totally dump her useless hubby and get closer to Jin Woo instead. :D

surprise or not.. it was interesting to watch ( why is there is always a recording of everything ) ..MY is cornered now 

its intersting tho that he told her not to get involved tho..but MY thinking she can fix things ! by being involved in all sorts of wrong doings..

this is the way she didnt want her daughter to be abandoned by dad like she was , she has a whole gang in the house

whats with korea giving the whole ep in the preview ! for once ill stop watching previews seriously ..

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Of course you're intrigued @partyon by Do Jin Woo LoL! Isn't it obvious for the visuals eheheh!??! It's fine we can all drool together at this fine specimen of a man ahah!!

Also a similar sentiment is shared for Cha Eun Woo and Kim Nam Joo of , "Wonderful World" as well! 

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

11 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Isn't it obvious for the visuals eheheh!??! It's fine we can all drool together at this fine specimen of a man ahah!!

I'm not complaining about his visuals - lol :D

9qwL4z71IWO8H8sXHFdoE3qogQ0nhQNBSwYnYTGN

Anyone know if the scar on his cheek is real o just good makeup?

Also, Lee Bo Young has good chemistry with him.

Fun fact: I was just rewatching some clips of her husband Ji Sung and actress Hwang Jung Eum from their dramas Secret (Love) and Kill Me Heal Me. Those two have probably the best chemistry on screen and off screen of all kdrama couples I've seen. It's hard to believe that both JS and HJE were married/in relationships when appearing in these dramas.

So, Lee Bo Young, please show us also good chemistry with your male co-star in Hide! ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partyon said:

I'm not complaining about his visuals - lol :D

Fun fact: I was just rewatching some clips of her husband Ji Sung and actress Hwang Jung Eum from their dramas Secret (Love) and Kill Me Heal Me. Those two have probably the best chemistry on screen and off screen of all kdrama couples I've seen. It's hard to believe that both JS and HJE were married/in relationships when appearing in these dramas.

i happen not to like her husband and I always loved her with lee sang yoon ( whisper/ my daughter seo young ) and they had the killer chemsitry and were cute off screen ..ppl mostly love her with jong suk and they had a very unexpected kind of chemistry...she has the better chemistry with younger men

when she married ..many shippers of this died ..it was rather a small storm back then

Lee Jong Suk bites Lee Bo Young on Make a GIF

regarding the big age gap ..its interesting that a drama like ( pale moon ) had a 25 years age gap couple and it was a very daring sexual one too...

Hide (Korean Drama, 2024, 하이드) @ HanCinema

하이드 6회 예고 - 저도 남편을 보고만 있지는 않을 겁니다

Mr JS who are tho ..

photo1798941.jpg

cookie class mobsters ..where do they breed them

she def needs some explaining than we seen

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tango27 said:

i happen not to like her husband and I always loved her with lee sang yoon ( whisper/ my daughter seo young ) and they had the killer chemsitry and were cute off screen .

Agree with this! Great chemistry.

she has the better chemistry with younger men

Yes, I've noticed this too. That's why I find her chemistry with Lee Min Jae better than with Lee Moo Saeng. I was surprised to learn that Lee Min Jae is only 24 (he looks a bit older imho).

regarding the big age gap ..its interesting that a drama like ( pale moon ) had a 25 years age gap couple and it was a very daring sexual one too...

We've seen many noona romances with big age gaps through the years. These have been very popular.

Witch's Romance had a real life 20 year age gap. Secret Love Affair also had a 20 year age gap. Amazing chemistry in both! And well even though we didn't get a romance in The K2 between Ji Chang Wook and Song Yoon Ah (age gap 14 years), their chemistry was so good that people still wish they had ended up together.

• Like 1

@partyon

An actor's face is their biggest asset, so am gonna say that the "scar" on Do Jin Woo is just the magic of good makeup LoL.

There have been other actors that have co-starred more than once. Coincidentally, Hwang Jung Eum worked with Nam Goong Min more than once as well..

Yup loved Bo Young's chemistry with Lee Jong Suk best actually on, "I Can See Your Voice.' So was "My Daughter Seo Young." In comparison to how her life is off-screen I admire her union with actor husband , Ji Sung. I think they're the only married cp in Korean entertainment that's the real deal.

I actually enjoyed Lee Moo Saeng on "Maestra" ha-ha. I found him smexy on "Cleaning Up" eheh. He seems to only have mostly married fl co-stars(?)

• Like 1