[Drama 2024] Knight Flower/Flowers that Bloom at Night, 밤에 피는 꽃

larus

by Lily Alice, February 17, 2024
17 4

The MBC historical drama Knight Flower scored ratings of 15.4% (nationwide) and 14.7% (metropolitan) for episode 11, setting a new personal record. The K-drama has consistently scored increasing ratings throughout its run. Most likely, the finale will take the drama's ratings to a new high. 

pd470V_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Knight Flower?

Episode 12 of Knight Flower will air on February 17 (Saturday). The K-drama is available to stream on Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/knight-flower-heads-into-finale-with-highest-ratings

• Like 2

MBC’s “Knight Flower” held steady at No. 3 on the drama list, with star Honey Lee ranking No. 9 on the actor list.

The top 10 TV dramas that generated the most buzz this week are as follows:

1. tvN “Marry My Husband”
  2. tvN “Captivating the King”
  3. MBC “Knight Flower”
  4. JTBC “Doctor Slump”
  5. JTBC “Queen of Divorce”
  6. KBS2 “Korea-Khitan War
  7. KBS2 “Love Song for Illusion
  8. KBS2 “Live Your Own Life
  9. MBC “Third Marriage
  10. SBS “Flex x Cop”

Meanwhile, the top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this week are as follows: 

1. Park Min Young (“Marry My Husband”)
  2. Jo Jung Suk (“Captivating the King”)
  3. Shin Se Kyung (“Captivating the King”)
  4. Song Ha Yoon (“Marry My Husband”)
  5. Na In Woo (“Marry My Husband”)
  6. BoA (“Marry My Husband”)
  7. Lee Yi Kyung (“Marry My Husband”)
  8. Park Hyung Sik (“Doctor Slump”)
  9. Honey Lee (“Knight Flower”)
  10. Park Shin Hye (“Doctor Slump”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643271wpp/marry-my-husband-continues-perfect-6-week-streak-at-no-1-on-most-buzzworthy-drama-and-actor-rankings

8 hours ago, partyon said:

It was a fine ending, I just wish we had gotten a kiss.

He leaned to kiss her but they cut the scene. We got the kiss scene offscreen.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

On 2/15/2024 at 10:34 PM, larus said:

Oh, yeah... I wonder when he will give her the hairpin he bought.

Yes! me too, thought the hairpin will be one of the gifts that officer Park will be surprising her with via the "mailbox", ahaha one of the romantic gestures.

On 2/18/2024 at 7:20 AM, Newbie21SG said:

Fully agree with @LeftCoastOppa, Honey Lee is one of the reasons I watch this serial and "Knight Flower" is now MBC's highest rated Friday-Saturday drama, surpassing the Red Sleeve in terms of ratings.

The last episode's ratings was 18.4% (3.4m viewers), a whooping 3% increase over episode 11's!

Congratulations to Honey Lee & the crew - if Lee Je Hoon's "Chief Inspector 1958", which will premiere on April 2024 cannot beat this serial in terms of ratings & popularity, Honey Lee has practically locked the Daesang (Grand Prize) for the year-end MBC Drama Awards 2024!

I hope so! Her acting is solid for Knight Flower! Kudos to the whole team! She has acted in a couple of solid dramas and movies so i'm hoping she will get a DAESANG! It will be her first right?

14 hours ago, partyon said:

It was a fine ending, I just wish we had gotten a kiss. 

Yes, i was hoping for an epilogue as well! But truth to be told, i'm glad the ending was acceptable, hopefully they might consider a season 2...when they played the scene where she left and he tried to chase after her...OMG...nearly wanted to flip cos i thought that was the end....Hahahah but thankfully he managed to find her again and his smile when he found her...SWOON :please:.

Honestly, 12 episodes was kinda short but I'm glad that they managed to tie up some loose ends, e.g what happen to KJP, Left hand state (although i thought the punishment was not as severe). Haha i LOL with Officer Park Brother subtle marriage proposal...and when YH "husband" branded the marriage as a fraud. Perhaps on hind sight, the storyline might not be able to develop to 16 episodes and achieve such a high rating.

Overall it was a fun and exciting drama with a hint of romance. Love it! 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

50 minutes ago, SuZy Leoo said:

Her acting is solid for Knight Flower! Kudos to the whole team! She has acted in a couple of solid dramas and movies so i'm hoping she will get a DAESANG! It will be her first right?

So far it is the highest rating drama for MBC and Honey Lee had a good performance. She will get Daesang if there won't be other higher rating drama for MBC. 

• Like 2

20240219114751_knight-flower-closing-rem“Knight Flower” To Air TV Movie Edition Featuring Exclusive Unreleased Scenes

Feb 21, 2024
by M. Lim

Knight Flower” is set to air a “TV Movie” version summarizing Episodes 1 to 12!

On February 17, the hit action-comedy drama ended with an impressive average nationwide rating of 18.4 percent according to Nielsen Korea. This not only marked a personal record for the series, but it also broke the record for the highest viewership ratings of any Friday-Saturday drama in MBC history. (The previous record belonged to “The Red Sleeve,” which ended on a nationwide average of 17.4 percent back in 2022.)

In response to overwhelming viewer support, “Knight Flower” has announced the broadcast of the “TV Movie” version of the drama, which will air on February 23. The TV movie will be presented in two parts, airing consecutively. Part 1 will provide a recap of Episodes 1 to 6, followed by Part 2 summarizing Episodes 7 to 12.

Notably, after Part 1 airs, additional unreleased scenes will be unveiled.

The production team of “Knight Flower” stated, “We extend our gratitude to everyone who has supported ‘Knight Flower’ until its last episode. Thanks to the warm encouragement of our viewers, we’ve decided to broadcast ‘Knight Flower TV Movie,’ a special gift to our audience. Packed with the drama’s most memorable scenes, we hope you anticipate it eagerly.”

Part 1 of the “Knight Flower” TV movie edition will air on February 23 at 8:40 p.m. KST, followed by Part 2 at 9:55 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1643968wpp/knight-flower-to-air-tv-movie-edition-featuring-exclusive-unreleased-scenes

• Like 1

Knight Flower: Episodes 11-12 (Final)

by Unit

We bid farewell to our moonlighting tale this week, and as expected, the 15-year-old mystery is finally put to rest, the bad guys get their comeuppance, and the curtains fall on a happy note.

EPISODES 11-12

We resume with the tender moment we left off last week where Soo-ho addresses Yeo-hwa as someone else’s wife. He soon realizes that he is not hallucinating, and the moment passes. Yeo-hwa acts like she’s unaffected, but guess who sneaks peeks at Soo-ho with longing in her eyes? Get a grip, Cho Yeo-hwa!

Pil-jik comes to inform Lord Seok about Soo-ho’s real identity, and Yeo-hwa overhears their plot to eliminate him. Unfortunately, Lord Seok catches wind of an eavesdropper and orders for the house to be searched. Yeo-hwa manages to escape to the shrine and change out of her moonlighting disguise, but Jeong spots the outfit and notes that she’s a lady with many secrets. When the Capital Defense officers arrive at the Seok compound, Soo-ho runs into Jeong and he’s surprised to see that the merchant he frequently ran into at Myeongdo inn is his rival Lord Seok’s back-from-the-dead son.

Jeong shares his suspicion about his wife with Soo-ho, and Soo-ho jumps to Yeo-hwa’s defense. Jeong then reveals that he knows his wife is the masked vigilante and Soo-ho’s lover. To this, Soo-ho replies that Jeong should get to know Yeo-hwa first before judging her choices. Jeong takes the advice and asks around for opinions on the masked vigilante, and he learns that Maskie is a hero. Since he likes “cool and great” people, Jeong shares his knowledge of the masked vigilante with Yeo-hwa, and he tells her that he hopes the hero is never caught.

Yeo-hwa informs Yoon-hak and Soo-ho that Lord Seok knows about Soo-ho’s identity, and that Pil-jik plans to kill them both. Yeo-hwa is totally worried about Soo-ho — although she claims that it’s solely because their plan will fall apart if something happens to him. But Soo-ho is more worried about Jeong’s personality as a husband than he is about the attempt on his life. Lol.

Pil-jik strikes by kidnapping So-woon to lure Soo-ho and the masked vigilante to the Pil inn, but when our OTP are not being worrywarts, they make such an excellent team! They don’t break a sweat to rescue So-woon, and Pil-jik is arrested. The rescue operation and subsequent arrest is too easy, I’m almost embarrassed on Pil-jik’s behalf. Was this the best he could do?

Speaking of arrests, the king orders for Lady Oh to be picked up under the pretext of investigating her for embezzling from the dowager’s charity. This is the king drawing the battle line on Lord Seok, and Seok confronts the king for taking the decision alone. “I am still the king of this nation!” The king declares, putting Seok in his place. But Lord Seok laughs in his face because Lady Oh has already disappeared. The audacity of Lord Seok to call the king a kitten! Ugh! He’s such a cartoon villain with an even more aggravating voice.

Up next, the king invites the Seok family to a tea party in the palace. But is it really a tea party if Lady Oh doesn’t show up with the tea? Heh. Lord Seok is the most shocked he has been since this drama started, and I want to laugh in his face so bad. Who’s the kitten now, sir? LMAO. Lady Oh makes to serve her “meaningful” tea, and behold, the poisonous petals sit pretty on one of the saucers in the tray. The king grants the honor of the first cup to Jeong, and the tension in the room is tensioning!

The whole point of this exercise is to get Lord Seok to break and prevent his son from drinking the poison, thereby proving his involvement in the late king’s death. But Lord Seok already “killed” his son 15 years ago, so this doesn’t faze him one bit. Meanwhile, Yeo-hwa struggles to keep her composure after a previous warning she got from Yoon-hak not to react to anything that happens at the tea party. She actually tries to prevent her husband from drinking the tea, but she’s scolded by her parents-in-law for interfering. Lady Yoo, please, they’re trying to kill your son again!

When the king realizes that Lord Seok isn’t going to break, he stops Jeong from drinking the tea, and Seok smirks. He’s really incredible! Lady Oh admits to poisoning the late king with the tea 15 years ago on Lord Seok’s orders, and the scribe meticulously records her confession. To prove the truth in her words, Lady Oh drinks the tea, dies, and puts an end to the Tea Party of Horror.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/02/knight-flower-episodes-11-12-final/

6 Moments We Loved & Wanted More Of In Episodes 11-12 Of “Knight Flower”

Feb 22, 2024
by shalini

The end is here for “Knight Flower”! This show has been a zany, cozy blast over the past six weekends, so it’s sad to see it end. This is one of the rare dramas that could have done with an extension purely because of how much unexplored potential there was in the world it had created. Ends are tied up, some ends are left loose, and yet others are only teased. Here’s everything we loved and wanted to know more of in the finale!

Warning: spoilers for episodes 11-12 below.

1. Seok Jeong

oh-eui-sik-2.jpg

Seok Jeong (Oh Eui Sik) is a really decent guy and an intelligent one too. It doesn’t take him long to put two and two together at this point to realize that his strangely suspicious wife Jo Yeo Hwa (Honey Lee) is the masked vigilante do-gooder running around the city. He isn’t threatened by that or by the fact that she’s the lady that Park Soo Ho (Lee Jong Won) has been pining after for a while now. Rather, he takes great enjoyment in helping her defy societal rules and uses hilarious excuses like wanting sweets to send her out at night on “errands” just so she doesn’t have to sneak around. He thinks she’s pretty cool. She thinks he’s an odd egg but a likable one. It’s unfortunate that we don’t know what happened to his elopement or why he came back. But he may not get to stay for long. His father has no issue with killing him first.

2. Everyone plotting to ruin Ji Sang

kim-sang-joong-2.jpg

It’s a shame we couldn’t have Seok Ji Sang (Kim Sang Joong) unveiled as the villain earlier because the bulk of this week’s episodes is spent on him coming out of the shadows as the big bad. First, we’ve a failed plan by King Yi So (Heo Jung Do) and Park Yoon Hak (Lee Ki Woo) to take him down. The king comes up with a plan that under any other circumstances would be sound. They pretend that Lady Oh Nan Kyeong (Seo Yi Sook), Ji Sang’s co-conspirator in the murder of Yi So’s father, has gone missing. While Ji Sang is fretting as to Nan Kyeong’s whereabouts, the king throws him for a loop by inviting his entire family to tea, including his recently-returned-from-the-dead son Seok Jeong.

The Seok family heads out for what they believe is an honor, only to be surprised when the king unveils Nan Kyeong, who apologizes for her crimes profusely and begs to serve everyone the same tea she did the former king as a sign of her repentance. Ji Sang knows good and well that this is the poisoned tea they used to get rid of the former king. Yi So offers the first cup to Seok Jeong to celebrate his return from the dead and is so certain that Ji Sang will react and stop this, thereby proving that he’s aware of what the tea is and his guilt in the former king’s murder. Only, Ji Sang does nothing. This is, after all, the same guy who pretended that his son was dead. So he’s fully prepared to let his son die if it meant keeping his position. Yi So is horrified at Ji Sang’s cruelty and calls the plan off, unwilling to have innocent Seok Jeong die. Nan Kyeong knows she’s about to be arrested and drinks the tea instead to prove that it was poison. She dies, but not before informing Yeo Hwa that her brother’s been dead for over a decade at Ji Sang’s hand. Horrified, Yeo Hwa breaks down in horror before everyone, while an anguished Soo Ho watches.

honey-lee-6.jpg

3. Merchant Jang

Head Merchant and entrepreneurial queen Jang So Woon (Yoon Sa Bong) has been Yeo Hwa’s most loyal ally. It’s a shame that we haven’t gotten to know her better beyond her being Yeo Hwa’s confidant, along with Yeo Hwa’s maid Yeon Sun (Park Se Hyun).

Spoiler

yoon-sa-bong-1.jpg

Kang Pil Jik (Jo Jae Yoon), Ji Sang’s righthand man, has always had something against Merchant Jang, though it’s never revealed why, only that Yeo Hwa rescued her. After the King and Yoon Hak’s failed plan, he kidnaps Merchant Jang to lure out Soo Ho and Yeo Hwa. It works, but the tables are quickly turned on him, and he ends up locked in the Capital Defense Guard’s cells where Soo Ho happily threatens him with all manner of death until he spills the beans on everything. It turns out that Yeo Hwa’s brother died a year after the late King, a year into Yeo Hwa’s life in the Seok household. He’d come to see her and reveal himself but was quickly accosted by Pil Jik and his goons and murdered with Ji Sang present—the same Ji Sang who went home to Yeo Hwa and pretended that he was still searching for her brother.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1636628wpp/6-moments-we-loved-wanted-more-of-in-episodes-11-12-of-knight-flower

• Like 1

I am also curious about where I can watch the TV Movie Knight Flower. 

I wish I could watch it subbed if it comes out.

Congratulations to the cast and crew of this highly entertaining KDrama.

• 1 month later...

Team Dramabeans: What we’re watching (April 13, 2024)

by DB Staff

So, what are we all watching this week?

What kept you reaching for more (or agonizing when there was no more), and what made you want to throw your remote through the screen? Time to weigh in…

javabeans

Knight Flower: Thoroughly enjoyed this as an easy-going romp with a bit of a message. I’ve been digging the streak of feminist commentary in some of the recent sageuks I’ve seen, which take the time to note how hard society was on women and highlight how remarkable they are for persevering in light of that. But the commentary wasn’t overpowering; the glib tone and antics of our intrepid nighttime vigilante widow kept the plot moving briskly, and although the drama didn’t quite grab its hooks into me emotionally (not that I think it was aiming for that), I did quite enjoy the light dusting of romantic angst — plenty of yearning looks and feels, but in small, manageable doses. I didn’t necessarily feel romantic chemistry between the widow and the captain out to catch her (and then protect her from being caught), but I did feel the pang of their frustrated attachment and the drama made the right choice in not forcing the romance, I think. (Although I could’ve used a bit more resolution on that front. Would it have killed you to deliver a bit more skinship??)

https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/04/team-dramabeans-what-were-watching-april-13-2024/

• 4 weeks later...

Winners Of The 60th Baeksang Arts Awards

May 07, 2024
by E Cha

The 60th Baeksang Arts Awards was a star-studded affair honoring some of the year’s greatest achievements in television, film, and theater!

On May 7, the annual award ceremony took place at COEX Hall D in Seoul, with Park Bo Gum, Suzy, and Shin Dong Yup returning as hosts.

Television

d0oqo0_2f.jpg

Best Actress: Honey Lee (“Knight Flower”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1659689wpp/winners-of-the-60th-baeksang-arts-awards

Namgoong Min of 'Lovers' and Lee Ha-nui of 'Chestnut Flower' sweep the Best Picture and Grand Prize Awards for the MBC drama

6e9b5b212c2a4742bbcb6cb1fcbc33b8.jpg

https://m.news.zum.com/articles/90507087

• 5 months later...

20241013103432_korea-drama-awards-.jpg?s

Winners Of The 15th Korea Drama Awards

Oct 13, 2024
by S Nam

The 15th Korea Drama Awards was a star-studded event!

On October 12, the 15th Korea Drama Awards took place at the Gyeongnam Culture & Art Center to honor the winners. The ceremony celebrates actors, OSTs, and dramas that broadcast over the past year through national, comprehensive, and cable channels as well as OTT (over-the-top) platforms.

Honey Lee took home the Daesang (Grand Prize) for her performance in “Knight Flower.” In her acceptance speech, she shared, “When I first started acting, I fought against a lot of prejudice against tall women, but that became an opportunity for me to take on the role of a warrior rather than a weakness.” She added, “I will take this award as [encouragement] to continue improving going forward, and I will work harder.”

Check out the full list of winners below!

Daesang: Honey Lee (“Knight Flower”)

https://www.soompi.com/article/1694595wpp/winners-of-the-15th-korea-drama-awards