[Drama 2023] Lies Hidden in My Garden, 마당이 있는 집

larus

Spoiler

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” Hints At Shocking Twist In Intense Final Episode

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” Hints At Shocking Twist In Intense Final Episode

The popular Monday-Tuesday drama “Lies Hidden in My Garden” has teased viewers with new stills of its final episode!

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspenseful thriller about two women who lead entirely different lives—before a suspicious smell in one of their backyards brings them together in ways that they could never have expected.

Spoilers

In the previous episode of “Lies Hidden in My Garden,” Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) and Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) conspired to murder Joo Ran’s manipulative and vicious husband Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh). However, at the end of the episode, when Sang Eun went to Joo Ran’s house to kill Jae Ho, she became the one who was attacked by Jae Ho instead, leaving viewers in utter shock to learn that Joo Ran has betrayed Sang Eun.

The newly released stills capture Sang Eun passing out in Joo Ran’s living room, covered with wounds. Looking at Jae Ho’s furious expression and blood-stained shirt, the stills hint that Sang Eun and Jae Ho have a fierce fight and struggle before Jae Ho overpowers her.

lim-ji-yeon-1-1.jpg

lim-ji-yeon-2.jpg

On the other hand, Joo Ran is also captured looking frightened with tears rolling down her cheeks. Despite Joo Ran desperately trying to get away from Jae Ho, Jae Ho manages to violently grab her hair. What happens between Jae Ho and Joo Ran? Will both women have a happy ending?

kim-tae-hee-4.jpg

Spoiler

kim-tae-hee-1-2.jpg

kim-sung-oh-1.jpg

The producers of “Lies Hidden in My Garden” commented, “Thank you to the viewers who have loved ‘Lies Hidden in My Garden’ up until now,” and teased, “The final episode is written in a completely different narrative from the original novel. We will present an ending that will satisfy those who have already seen the original novel and those who are avid viewers of the drama, so please kindly look forward to it.”

The final episode of “Lies Hidden in My Garden” airs on July 11 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599825wpp/lies-hidden-in-my-garden-hints-at-shocking-twist-in-intense-final-episode

Here are the ratings for Episode 8 *Last episode* :).

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” Ends On A High Note With Its Personal Best In Ratings

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” Ends On A High Note With Its Personal Best In Ratings

ENA’s “Lies Hidden in My Garden” has come to a successful close!

According to Nielsen Korea, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” achieved an average nationwide viewership rating of 3.0 percent for its finale, marking its personal best in viewership ratings and a jump from the previous night’s rating of 2.262 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1600040wpp/lies-hidden-in-my-garden-ends-on-a-high-note-with-its-personal-best-in-ratings

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, July 12, 2023
2 0

The ENA thriller Lies Hidden in My Garden concluded with an average nationwide viewership of 2.97%, its highest of all time. The drama commenced with a rating of 1.19% and maintained steady viewership throughout its four weeks of airing. The average nationwide rating of the entire K-drama is 2.07%. Moreover, Lies Hidden in My Garden was also a hit on the OTT platform Amazon Prime in Vietnam, Thailand, Singapore, the Philippines, etc. 

4emvvQ_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Lies Hidden in My Garden?

All the episodes of Lies Hidden in My Garden are available to stream on Prime Video and Viki.

https://mydramalist.com/article/lies-hidden-in-my-garden-concludes-on-its-highest-rating

• Like 1

Lies Hidden in My Garden: Episodes 7-8 (Final)

by quirkycase

https://d263ao8qih4miy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/LHIMG_wk4_001.jpg

It’s an action-packed finale driven by our two lead women who are ready to take their fates into their own hands. With so many secrets and lies floating around, it’s not easy to know who to trust. Both our protagonists make risky moves in a desperate attempt to rewrite their stories and protect what’s dear to them.

EPISODES 7-8

After finding those photos on Yoon-beom’s phone, Sang-eun had the good sense to contact Joo-ran rather than Jae-ho. Poised as ever, Joo-ran serves her tea and hands her $200,000 with the promise of $300,000 more when the job is complete; Sang-eun just needs to murder Jae-ho like she did her own husband. Damn, Joo-ran went straight for the nuclear option.

The exchange really highlights the dynamic between the two women. What’s an empowering move for Joo-ran – taking control and deciding the fate of her family – is a disempowering one for Sang-eun who is exploited due to her poverty into doing someone else’s dirty work. But Sang-eun desperately needs the money and understands what it’s like to have a dangerous husband, so she agrees to the job.

EPISODES 7-8

After finding those photos on Yoon-beom’s phone, Sang-eun had the good sense to contact Joo-ran rather than Jae-ho. Poised as ever, Joo-ran serves her tea and hands her $200,000 with the promise of $300,000 more when the job is complete; Sang-eun just needs to murder Jae-ho like she did her own husband. Damn, Joo-ran went straight for the nuclear option.

The exchange really highlights the dynamic between the two women. What’s an empowering move for Joo-ran – taking control and deciding the fate of her family – is a disempowering one for Sang-eun who is exploited due to her poverty into doing someone else’s dirty work. But Sang-eun desperately needs the money and understands what it’s like to have a dangerous husband, so she agrees to the job.

In the present, Joo-ran is clearly playing her own game here. When Sang-eun wakes, Joo-ran slips Sang-eun a scalpel while telling Jae-ho that Sang-eun is still unconscious. Then, she reveals that she knows Jae-ho killed Soo-min. After Jae-ho once again pins the murder on Seung-jae, Joo-ran demands he apologize for blaming it on their son who saw everything. He finally cops to it and says he was afraid she’d leave him if he admitted to murder, but he knew she’d forgive Seung-jae. Wow, he actually seems to feel sorry for himself.

Jae-ho leans down to check on Sang-eun and gets sliced across the face with his own scalpel. He then viciously beats her until Joo-ran can’t take it anymore and screams at him to stop. To get his attention, she slices her own wrist, telling him he needs to turn himself in and leave their family. That’s when Jae-ho’s loving husband façade fully falls away, and he hits her hard across the face. He taunts she’s nothing without him and doesn’t know how to fend for herself. Joo-ran stabs him and tries to run, but he catches up to her and begins choking her.

Luckily, Hae-soo is outside and sees Sang-eun through the window. She calls the cops when Sang-eun musters up the strength to throw a vase through the glass door. While Jae-ho is distracted by the commotion, Joo-ran takes the opportunity to push him down the stairs, killing him in the same manner he claimed Seung-jae killed Soo-min. Despite their various injuries, both Joo-ran and Sang-eun survive relatively unscathed. Well, physically, at least.

So what exactly was Joo-ran’s plan? Joo-ran never states it outright, but Sang-eun’s guess is as good as any. She surmises Joo-ran was attempting to have Sang-eun and Jae-ho both take each other out, eliminating two problems at once and leaving her in the clear. While it’s possible she planned it that way from the start, there was a hesitancy about her in the lead-up to the event that suggested she did seriously consider their murder plan.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/07/lies-hidden-in-my-garden-episodes-7-8-final/

4 Final Reveals In Episodes 7-8 Of “Lies Hidden In My Garden” That Changed Everything

Jul 17, 2023
by shalini

After a month-long run, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is all wrapped up. Just when it seems like the show has no more secrets left to reveal, it pulls out all stops for a massive finale that gives both main leads what they were looking for. Only, one of them has no idea about what the other has planned.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 7-8 below.

1. Joo Ran contracting Sang Eun to kill Jae Ho

Moon Joo Ran (Kim Tae Hee) knows the truth about her husband Park Jae Ho (Kim Sung Oh) murdering Lee Soo Min (Yoon Ga Yi), and worse, that her son Park Seung Jae (Cha Sung Jae) saw all of it. A change comes over her like something’s been unstoppered. She goes from anxious and jerky to very calm and poised. Meanwhile, Choo Sang Eun (Lim Ji Yeon) has figured out that Soo Min was at Joo Ran’s house right before her death and is pretty certain that Jae Ho killed her. She’s in dire financial straits and is about to blackmail Joo Ran for cash, so she’s bewildered when Joo Ran approaches her first.

lim-ji-yeon-4.jpg

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” And “Numbers” Sweep Viki Rankings Around The World

Jul 18, 2023
by S. Kim

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” And “Numbers” Sweep Viki Rankings Around The World

Korean dramas “Lies Hidden in My Garden” and “Numbers” are receiving favorable reviews across the globe!

According to global OTT (over-the-top) platform Rakuten Viki, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” was listed in the top five most-watched shows in 50 regions including the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and France in the first week of its release.

“Lies Hidden in My Garden” proved its popularity by remaining in the top five in 21 countries in the second week of release, and it successfully entered the top five for three consecutive weeks in the United States and Canada, capturing the attention of viewers from North America. It is noteworthy that “Lies Hidden in My Garden” enjoyed high popularity in the Middle East including in the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.

Based on the best-selling novel of the same name, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspenseful thriller about two women who lead entirely different lives—before a suspicious smell in one of their backyards brings them together in ways that they could never have expected. The drama stars Kim Tae HeeLim Ji YeonKim Sung Oh and more.

Lies-Hidden-in-My-Garden-3840x2160-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1601332wpp/lies-hidden-in-my-garden-and-numbers-sweep-viki-rankings-around-the-world

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Top 5 Korean Shows On Viki In July

Jul 31, 2023
by S. Kim

As the summer heat wave reaches its peak, a variety of shows this month have helped us cool down a bit this past month. Here are the Korean shows that received the most love on Viki in July!

Lies Hidden in My Garden

Lies-Hidden-in-My-Garden-3120x1744-1.jpg

Based on a best-selling novel, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspenseful thriller about two women who lead entirely different lives. However, a suspicious smell in one of their backyards winds up bringing the two together in ways that they could never have expected. Kim Tae Hee stars as Joo Ran, a housewife who seems to have the perfect life, with a husband and son that anyone would envy. However, cracks begin to form in her happy home when she notices a strange stench emanating from her backyard. Meanwhile, “The Glory” star Lim Ji Yeon plays Sang Eun, a victim of domestic violence who dreams of escaping her hellish reality.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603335wpp/top-5-korean-shows-on-viki-in-july