[Drama 2023] The Real One Has Appeared!, 진짜가 나타났다!

larus

Okay, THAT is Soo-Gyeom's mother. She wouldn't try to avoid Dong-Wook when he entered that cafe if she wasn't. She even has an utra-sound of Soo-Gyeom. I knew it from the beginning of this show that her mother was still alive. 

Also, I remember early in the show that Joon-Ha denied that the baby was his, but now he wants to take responsibility of the baby? This just shows he's so fickle. Wonder if he would behave this way if Yeon-Doo isn't with Tae-Kyung. 

• Like 2

Here are the ratings for Episode 37!:).

“Revenant” Ends On All-Time Ratings High + “The Uncanny Counter 2” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than Season 1

“Revenant” Ends On All-Time Ratings High + “The Uncanny Counter 2” Premieres To Higher Ratings Than Season 1

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “The Real Has Come!” remained the most-watched program of any kind to air on Saturday with an average nationwide rating of 20.6 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1603802wpp/revenant-ends-on-all-time-ratings-high-the-uncanny-counter-2-premieres-to-higher-ratings-than-season-1

• Like 2

((EP38 written preview))

Hearing that YD and TK are living together, In-ok goes straight to TK's house to confirm the fact.

In-ok decides to sever the bond with TK.

YD and TK go to Geum-sil's mansion to ask for forgiveness from their families.

Struggling with In-ok's cold attitude at that time, someone breaks into the mansion...

[EP 38 Preview] I am the real father of my child!

bing AI reply   :waitwhat:  :lol:

Spoiler

• Like 2

Observances episode 37:

I really hate BongNim and InOk. Dong Wook isn't too far behind with his attitude. His sister helped him raise SooGyeom and he treats YeonDoo like crap.

Ha Neul should be rear facing!

Why does SooGyeom call her great uncle Grandpa sometimes and Uncle at other times?

Everyone looks dumb in the baby harness. It's awkwardly made or something.

Does DaeSang only own the one pair of gray socks?

• Like 3

I hate Bongnim for trying kidnapping haneul. She want to cut contact with YD but want her daughter? Ridiculous. Does she think she can protect haneul if JH come to their house and kidnap her granddaughter? What she gonna do, she wants to just give haneul to KJH, is it? She think YD will survive that? She said severing ties with mother ain't easy, but she try to do the same thing to haneul. I think she's about to go crazy/senile or something, she should forget about her dream to go to university, she won't get to graduate. Im angry, so excuse my insult. 

i used to think YD's uncle is stupid because he almost got scammed by hee. turnout he is the most rational and bright right now. only him think of what KJH can do to haneul if YD going home with them.

JSJ... urrghhh... she's so rude, who she thinks she is to threaten Gong Grandma like that? She's just a secretary but acted like she's the Gong family's head.. what the F?

i like it when Gong Grandma said, "I can't believe i was going to marry TK to her."

Seems like it indicates that she really cherish TK as her grandson. She can move out from Gong family house and live with TKYD for a while to pissed TK's mom off! xD

Why TKYD haven't register their marriage yet?? that should be their priority since they decided to be together now.

if cafe's sajang is soogyeom's mom, they did great at casting, i do think she looks alike with soogyeom.

OH, my gosh, i love this episode. the amount of hate i feel for alot of characters make it even better :)

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, mirandanator said:

Why does SooGyeom call her great uncle Grandpa sometimes and Uncle at other times?

In Korean, you call your aunt on your father's side... Gomo. You call your uncle... Samjun. If your uncle on your father side is married then you call him either Kun Abeoji if they are older than your father or Chagoon Abeoji if they are youunger than your father. Abuji is a former way to say Appa or father in English. 

So, when it comes to your Great Uncle... you are literally calling him Uncle Grandpa. Samjun Harabeoji if they aren't married. 

In case of SooGyeom, since her Great Uncle is on her dad's side and is not married. She is calling him Samjun Harbulji (Uncle Grandpa).

Yoon Doo is SooGyeom's Gomo (Aunt on her father's side)

Yoon Doo's Mom is SooGyeom's Harmoni (Grandma)

Yoon Doo's uncle is SooGyeom's Samjun Harabeoji (Uncle Grandpa)

Yoon Doo's future husband will be SooGyeom's Gomo-Bu (Dong Wook's sister's husband)

Yoon Doo's child is SooGyeom's Sachon (Cousin)  

Bonus:

Yoo-Myung has the potental to be SooGyeom's SaeOmma (Step Mom)  

Then.....

If that happens then it opens a can of worms because depending if she is seen as YoonDoo's brother's wife or Tae-Kyung's sister. She is Yoon Doo's kid's...

Oesukmo (Yoon Doo's brother's wife)

OR

Como (Aunt on the Father's side) 

Then...

Dong-Wook can either be seen as Tae-Kyung's sister's husband or Yoon-Doo's brother

Como-bu (Tae-Kyung's sister's husband)

OR

Samjun (Uncle on her mother's side) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

the way kjh flip 180 after yd told him that tk picked haneul name was so funny. from liking it >>>> “change it right now”. :lol:

finally bongnim said that she wont let kjh take her daughter or granddaughter. what took you so long..? n tk’s mom is still selfish as ever, will only approve tkyd if yd left haneul to kjh, wow!! what a great mom.. :cutekitty:

my new star is gong halmoni, she finally said she did regret for treating tk n his mom badly, so she don’t want her to regret it too someday later. :wub:

n i love how cm support her wife volunteering at kids ward.. he truly like a cheerleader to his wife.

in the preview, gong halmoni did going to stay at tkyd house xD its so funny to see..

• Like 2

Ep 38 w/o Eng subs:

What a mess!  But truly, if you found your son was in a fake marriage with a woman carrying another man's child... THAT would be a mess.  

Very happy BabyMama's mom has realized X-BoyToy is a mess of toxic sludge.  X-BoyToy kinda had her on his side when he was being charming, but now that he is being his ugly ol' self, it doesn't take a telescope to see his true character.

HotDoc's mom taking BabyMama to X-BoyToy's place is downright dirty.  And mean.  And surely the way to win her son's heart.  :blink:

MeanGrandma runs away from home and runs to BabyMama & HotDoc's place?  Really? 

WHY doesn't she just check into a hotel, she has plenty of money?  

She does have her nerve running to the grandson she treated like dirt and camping there.  

Think it's because she really likes BabyMama and can enjoy her cute baby.

How many more episodes until our happy-ever-after?

• Like 2

TK's mom experienced TK being raised by a father that wasn't his biological father but can't accept TK doing the same thing? 

2 hours ago, xiashenghan said:

I'll give 5 star to this show if there's no redemption arc for TK's beech mom. I'm sorry but after what she did to YD and HN, she can't be forgiven.

This is a K-family drama and she isn't a murderer or attepted to kill someone. Of course, there's going to be a redemption arc for her.  Historically, K-family dramas are about family members that forgive one another and stick together even after rough times.    

Its how she is written is bothersome. She seemed to be understanding that her son had a "one night stand" and pregnated someone out of wedlock but can't accept him being a step-dad. She's more mad that the baby isn't his and that they lied that it was then the idea of him pregnating someone and not telling anyone when he had a fiance and was about to get married.        

I just realized TK's mom is acting like her mother-in-law earlier in the season. She doesn't like that her son married someone with a kid that wasn't his birth-child.   

• Like 3

@kboramint

That's what I was saying. So in reality it's only 4☆ for me because I know she'll have redemption arc. The "she can't be forgiven" is me saying I will not forgive her.

This beech brought a grown-up kid (TK) to her current family when she married but can't accept YD. She's a hypocrite.

They have been crying and all but I have 0 ounce of sympathy for these beeches. I actually just laugh at them when they cry and worry. That's how pissed I am with them.

Why do I have a feeling JSJ's dad would be hospitalized or might end up d?

• Like 3

Here are the ratings for Episode 38!:).

“The Uncanny Counter 2” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode; “Durian’s Affair” Hits New All-Time High

“The Uncanny Counter 2” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode; “Durian’s Affair” Hits New All-Time High

Finally, KBS 2TV’s “The Real Has Come!”—which is also heading into the final week of its own run—successfully remained the most-watched program of Sunday, rising to an average nationwide rating of 22.8 percent for the night.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1604008wpp/the-uncanny-counter-2-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-durians-affair-hits-new-all-time-high

• Like 3

Always have to remember that this is written by perhaps a human being, although I’m beginning to think it is programmed AI and programmed by someone who hates mothers.

TK’s mom was an understanding, compassionate, passionate woman, and now the writing has totally made her act as if she’s got some sort of brain  dysfunction - thank heaven, YD‘s mom is getting back to her kind feisty self.

This is a case of ‘arcs’ having more to do with planned plot points without caring about the character building. Frankly, if I was this actress, I would be ashamed to have to play this role the way it has turned out. All are trying their best, although, YD’s ex really does need to go back to acting school. I know he’s cute but he’s very superficial.

The only character to have a real character arc is grandma, and of course she should run to TK & YD, they are the tools of her transformation and we still have to find her missing daughter, which who knows could be YD’s uncle’s ex girlfriend?!? 
This weekend was hard to bear watching, so there was some fast forwarding on my side, but I look forward to Grams being with the kids and being the hero.

KBS weekend dramas have been a favorite of mine, but this one is sadly one of the worst
and to clean my palate, I have been watching DURIANS’s AFFAIR (sad there is no thread for it) which is written by a writer known for her craziness, but hey, it is up until now wonderful - maybe the Real One’s writer, if not an AI, is trying to prove they can be Batshit crazy as well, but ya gotta have real talent to carry it off….

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

(EP 39 written preview)

In-ok agrees to accept YD if she leaves TK behind.

YD can't follow that.

The family faced strong opposition from In-ok.

TK goes to a restaurant to win her Bong-nim's heart, and Geum-sil runs away from home due to a conflict with In-ok...

(EP39 preview)

** It seems we are all bewildered by what happened to Inok’s behavior going from sensible to bafflingly outlandish. 

But I want to agree with what the comment says about her change.  It’s ‘character assassination’ by the writer. :angry:

Because the writer couldn’t come up with ideas how to boost ratings, Inok got thrown under the bus.

The writer knows that at this point YD&TK&Haneul got hold of our ankles tightly  and even if everybody in the drama turns into a walking zombie, we will not abandon our endearing trio.  Yeah we will bang and shout but we will not go anywhere till the end.  haha  :cry:

Btw her second comment made me smile.  Yeah what a kdrama could do to one’s head  lol  :tongue:

Spoiler

'When Soogyeom finally meets Haneul'

Spoiler

• Like 4

the amount of flashbacks they have in this episodes irritate me... 

and i think they made soogyeom cry too much, i pity her that she need to cry almost every episode since last week? she cry more than haneul.

I don't understand why YD think she can convince JH to accept that she want to stay with TK. 

btw.. cafe sajang n DW picture during highschool in the preview looks so cute.. can they reunite in other drama? that cafe sajang is my type.   <3

• Like 2

Finally finished watching episode 37 and 38. Seriously, how could In Ok ask Yeon Doo to hand over the baby to Jun Ha if she wanna be with Tae Kyung?? Are you even a mother? :angry: I really hate her to the bits! And we only have 12 episodes left int he series but the villains still take the lead. :isannoyed: When does the tables turn in flavor of Yeon Doo, Tae Kyung and the baby?? I am so waiting it to happen!

And this is the cutest thing in the world! So adorable! Those teeny-tiny fingers holding her mom's hand! LOVE THE SCENE!!!! :heart:

F2YZXIgaQAAQ1Xg?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 6