[Movie 2004] Everyone Has A Secret 누구나 비밀은 있다

Guest Hyc

^

Hi carolinexp! Welcome to EHAS! Very happy to have you here and I can't agree more with what you've said. The movie is nothing to shout about... far from being a box-office hit or an award material, of course not... but it's really an entertaining and lighthearted light comedy. Something to watch on a rainy day & will make you smile, exactly! :lol: Although it's notty & a little suggestive but no bosoms were exposed that would make some fans cringe. :P

I'm not sure if Kim Hyo Jin (the youngest sister) is JunJin's girlfriend... actually I'm clueless on who's JunJin :blush: *sorry* but I've read that KHJ used to date KRW, a long time ago when they did Wuri's Family.

Any mistakes, others... do help clarify.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ellabel

^

Hi carolinexp! Welcome to EHAS! Very happy to have you here and I can't agree more with what you've said. The movie is nothing to shout about... far from being a box-office hit or an award material, of course not... but it's really an entertaining and lighthearted light comedy. Something to watch on a rainy day & will make you smile, exactly! :lol: Although it's notty & a little suggestive but no bosoms were exposed that would make some fans cringe. :P

I agree, rubie.

The film is not pretentious.. it's really fun and entertaining.

It's actualy a novelty to see both LBH and CJW in such roles.

Just goes to show how versatile these 2 actors are.

EHASLBHJW1.jpg

ehaslbhjw.jpg

Source:

http://www.koreanfilm.org/criticspoll.html

The list of participating reviewers is also included at the site.

Credit: koreanfilm.org

These critical scores have been collected from contributors to the site or the discussion board, and are presented so that readers can get a quick range of opinions on a certain film. Of course, reducing the complexity of a full-length feature down to a mere collection of points is a huge disservice to the film, and the very short comments that go next to the scores are unlikely to help much. Also, one's opinion of a film can naturally change over time, so these scores won't reflect how well a film ages. In other words: please don't read too much into these scores, consider them just an informal conversation starter.

Everybody Has Secrets - 2004

Tom Giammarco - Could have developed the characters better but not bad.

Adrien Gombeaud - Good script, good actors, but director is missing.

Adam Hartzell - It's no secret this film was a pleasurable comedy.

Elif Kaya - Fun, sexy and enternaining, don't expect more though.

A peace-offering to Ella... an article that will make you & all JW-lovers smile broadly. :D

Updated Jan.12,2006 19:15 KST

Fresh Wave of Choi Ji-woo Fever Grips Japan

One of the leading figures of the Korean Wave in Japan, the actress Choi Ji-woo, is generating renewed frenzy in the island country with her upcoming appearance in a drama specially produced to mark the 50th anniversary of Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS). It goes on air on Jan. 15. Walls in every neighborhood in Tokyo are plastered with posters featuring Choi side-by-side with the male Japanese lead Yutaka Takenouchi.

200601120009_01.jpg

Japan's fashion and celebrity magazines have kicked into overdrive with special articles on the drama, many running features on the shooting locations. This is the first time Choi has been involved in a Japanese production, while Takenouchi is making his return to the small screen after a 10-year absence. TBS has embarked on a PR blitz to hype the drama and its own 50th anniversary. Little wonder then that there is a major buzz surrounding the production. TBS will air “Rondo”, as the miniseries is called, in a primetime slot, 9 p.m. on Sunday. It has invested US$12 million in the drama at a cost of more than $1 million per episode, in itself a sensation in Japan.

The Japanese media expects “Rondo” with its combination of top stars and a massive budget to generate a similar phenomenon as the drama “Winter Sonata” that set off the Korean Wave. Experts anticipate that the drama will help stave off a backlash against the popularity of Korean pop culture, which some patriots feel has come at the expense of home-grown entertainment, by combining talent from both countries.

Deals with nine Asian countries have been completed, recouping almost all of the stellar production costs. Japanese experts foresee that the DVD and original soundtrack -- which includes a song by Korean singer Lee Seung-chul -- will rake in hundreds of billions of won in profits.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: Digital Chosunilbo

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0601120009.html

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dramalover

Old News related to EHAS....reposted from Hancinema

Sex and Laughter in a "Game of Love" (Source) 2004/07/29 by Gab-Sik Kim

The real "secret" in the self-proclaimed romantic sexy comedy "Everybody Has a Secret" is its deft balancing of sex and laughter. A love affair between three sisters and one man may well be one of the most "provocative" themes in Korean cinema. If the film's center of gra...

by Gab-Sik Kim

The real "secret" in the self-proclaimed romantic sexy comedy "Everybody Has a Secret" is its deft balancing of sex and laughter.

A love affair between three sisters and one man may well be one of the most "provocative" themes in Korean cinema. If the film's center of gravity had leaned toward sex, it would have become just another risqué movie. On the other hand, if it tried to evoke laughter throughout, it would have joined the unfortunate ranks of forgettable yak-fests, pasted over with inconsequential sex jokes.

Happily, "Everybody Has a Secret" scales new levels of sophistication in approaching and pondering the question of sex-a question that plagues anyone (be it the director, actor, or producer) setting out to make a commercial film in Korea. As a result, its "cocktail" of sex and laughter, while not quite reaching the "golden ratio", offers a highly satisfying flavor.

The film is driven by the respective secrets harbored by the perfect "man-candy" Su-hyeon (Lee Byung-heon) and three sisters who fall for his charms.

The screen introduces the three siblings by way of maxims: "Only a man's last love can satisfy a woman's first love" (Mi-yeong, played by Kim Hyo-jin), "Love comes like a lightning and leaves like a mist" (Seon-yeong, Choi Ji-woo), "Oh freedom! Crime is being committed in thy name" (Jin-yeong, Chu Sang-mi). These dictums, flashed as subtitles, presage the color and trajectory of the sisters' individual parts in the "game of love" about to unfold.

Enter Su-hyeon, who (according to Mi-yeong) is not only brimming with brains, wealth, and good looks but is also "cool" and sexy to boot. To the youngest sister, Mi-yeong, who claims that "shopping is not love, but love is a type of shopping", Soo-hyeon declares, "To be honest speaking, I do want you, but I'll wait until you're ready". He captivates Seon-yeong, the middle child and book-lover, with his intellectual side, and sweeps Jin-yeong, married and tired of her husband's indifference, off her feet by rekindling her pride.

Although Su-hyeon "crosses the line" with all three siblings, the sex scenes more closely resemble humorous illustrations than realistic depictions. The choice reflects the clearheaded decision of the production staff to amp up the laughter to match the force of the groundbreaking subject matter.

The film's "cinematic orgasm" comes not from the screen but from the sisters' gradually changing states of mind and the sensual lines. The scene where Mi-yeong proposes to Su-hyeon in front of her whole family is shown repeatedly, juxtaposing the sisters' "various" memories about the "same" man.

Lee Byung-heon exudes a strange magnetism in the movie. His real-life persona, his image as an actor, and the character of Soo-hyeon overlap to create a "player" infused with Lee's distinctive brand of irresistibility. "Everybody..". is a remake of the Irish film, "About Adam", and is adapted by Kim Yeong-chan ("Marrying the Mafia") and Kim Hee-jae ("Silmido", "The Scent of Chrysanthemums").

Directed by Jang Hyun-soo, of "Walk to the Sky", "Rules of the Game", and "RayBan". Opens July 30. Rated for audiences 18 and over.

Source : www.donga.com... ( Chinese English Japanese Korean

EHAS - MV

[vod]EHAS-press conference in Japan 29.10.2004

The article was posted by piku-san on the Jpanese board (starjiwoo). The interview was broadcased on a cable movie channel WOWOW and the article was up in their site. I like the comments from WOWOW staff very much and would like to share with all the overseas fans. (QUOTED BY: SANDY FROM STARJIWOO)

QUOTE+++

Q: Since there are various kinds of messages hidden in this movie, what issues do you want to convey to us?

A: First of all, the eldest daughter seems having her marriage life like she forgot how to love. However, once she meets another man, she started to feel the heartthrob sentiments of falling in love, Regarding my role, I think about falling in love in a theoretical sense. Therefore, I am the type of female who is always negative towards love. But once I meet the man I adore, I’ve started to become positive passionately as it goes. The real love is then what you’ve started to learn from one man.

Q: What do you think about LBH as an actor?

A: First of all, he is my senior among actors. He is a wonderful actor with acting abilities in Korea too. He gave me a lot of advice in terms of acting during the breaks of shooting. I think that his No. 1 charisma is his refreshing smiles as you can tell after you watch this movie as well as his sharp gaze.

Q: What do you think about the attractiveness of acting?

A: I’m not sure about it yet. Since I don’t have so much experience as the neighboring LBH does. Simple things turn out to be difficult depending on the types of role. Finally, everything always becomes brand new. I think that is what acting is like. The more you play, the more difficult it is. You never know what it will be. Everything is full of new discoveries.

Q: What is your motto?

A: To do the best in everything and to thank for everything.

Q: Is there any show or thing that you have done that you consider as changing your life?

A: I think that it was Winter Sonata in which my acting was recognized by the public and became my huge turning point.

Q: To wrap up, please say your message.

A: Hello, I’m Choi Ji-woo. ‘Everyone has Secrets’ will be released on Nov 27. Please look forward to seeing me who you have never seen before.

Comments from the program staff:

1. Their coming to Japan was chaotic as expected. In the press conference, the size of the mass media, the heat and frantic were above the Hollywood stars.

2. The atmosphere was so different from the usual one for Hollywood stars. The mass media were waiting after the set-up of the cameras. Then both of them showed up together in 30 minutes. There were about 15 Koreans (related staff?) following behind them. Even during the interview, you could hear the sounds of picture taking. There were other cameras, which kept moving around us in the interview room that seemed to have made a huge muddle.

3. We could feel that Jiwoo looked very calm maybe because she was used to that type of occasion but the thing we noticed most was her concern toward LBH. It gave us an impression that Korea is a country which has clear-cut boundaries for seniors and juniors than Japan as we thought.

4. The one starring in Winter Sonata who created the social phenomenon in Japan didn’t get arrogant from her astounding popularity. She was such a pretty lady who was so humble to move one step backward without losing her gracefulness.

Credit: Sandy from starjiwoo

logo.gif

secretscover.jpg

Genre: Romantic Comedy

Cast:

Lee Byeong-Heon as the playboy

Choi Ji-woo

Kim Hyo-jin

Choo Sang-mi

Director: Jang Hyeon-soo

Year released: 2004

Run Time: 105 min

Everybody has secrets- In this Korean remake of the British movie About Adam, a mysterious stranger secretly seduces three sisters. Funnily enough, instead of causing a family outrage, he uses his supernatural charm to improve the love life of the three women.

The first sister he seduces, Miyoung, is a nightclub singer who is fresh from dumping her clingy boyfriend. That same night, she meets Mr. Perfect: Su-Yeon, played by Korean hearthrob Lee, Byung-Hun. They quickly fall in love and not too long after, he proposes to her in public. On the surface, the boy meets girl plot seems rather straightforward, but via clever flashback scenes we soon realize that Miyoung is not the only family member having a relationship with the suave playboy.

Enter Miyong's shy bookish sister played by Winter Sonata star, Choi Ji Woo. She's a virgin in her late 20's who is completely wrapped up in her books until hero Su-Yeon seduces her and she becomes a sexually liberated woman.

The third sister, Jin Young, is a good mother and chaste wife. The problem is she's so engrossed in her role of wife and mother that's she's completely lost sight of herself. Su yeon also helps her feel sexy again, thus rekindling the flame of attraction between her and her long-time husband. In a very funny twist, even the brother of the three sisters seems to be falling for Su-Yeon!

This movie explores the theme of secrecy (which is something extremely common in Korean culture). Usually people who harbor secrets meet with tragic consequences, but this film seems to secrets are okay. This movie may seem morally corrupt to some, but since sex is treated with just enough lighthearted comedic flair, the unlikely premise becomes believable. In fact, the character who seduces the three sisters never comes off as a sleazebag thanks to the sincerity and boyish good-looks of actor Lee, Byung-hun. Over all, this film is quite enjoyable. It's a welcome change from movies which reinforce typical Korean roles for men and women.

Source: http://www.seoulstyle.com/Movies/EVERYONE_...orean_movie.htm

ehasposter1.jpg

EVERYONE HAS A SECRET

Various clips

http://www.leebyunghun.com/gallery/etc/vod/section_0519.wmv

http://www.leebyunghun.com/gallery/secret/vod/20040731_2.wmv

http://www.leebyunghun.com/gallery/secret/vod/20040730.wmv

Interview clip 9/7/2004

mms://media02.maxmovie.com/av/Maxwhose_making.wmv

Preview clip

mms://mmc.daumcast.net/mmc/event/d_cuve/pr_secret_500k.wmv

VIP screening of the movie, from maxmovie.com

mms://media02.maxmovie.com/av/Maxwhosevip.wmv

Opening in the cinema on 7/30/2004

http://211.239.151.47/~starjiwoo/data/20040730.asf

Fan meeting in the cinema on 7/31/2004 (part 1, both afternoon and evening)

http://211.239.151.47/~starjiwoo/data/20040731.asf

EHAS promo in Jeju

http://team.11138.net/web/kk/vod/jiwooinjuju.wmv

Credit: various movie sites, www.leebyunghun.com, PlanetBH0712, various LBH sites, CJW-sites & Everything LBH thread

OST - EVERYONE HAS A SECRET

040806_01.jpg

00. 전곡듣기

01. 나른한 이별

02. 파스타

03. Bei Mir Bist Du Schon (김효진 )

04. Open Time 11:00 Am

05. I Love You For Sentimental Reason (김효진 )

06. Everybody Has A Little Secret (Instrumental )

07. 남몰래 흘리는 눈물 [G.Donizetti 의 "사랑의 묘약" 중] (테너: 김지현 )

08. 죽음을 택한 사랑 (라 바야데르 )

09. 소설 속의 사랑 (선영 테마 )

10. Undressing

11. Come Rain Or Come Shine (탁재훈 )

12. Red Wine

13. Irresistible Love (진영 탱고 )

14. Rodeo (진영 살사 )

15. Love Will Always Go On

16. Everybody Has A Little Secret (Rock Ver.) (이영미 )

17. Everybody Has A Little Secret (Bossa Nova Vers.) (장윤영 )

00. http://www.movist.com/data/o00/00/79/17.asx

01. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_1.asf

02. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_2.asf

03. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_3.asf

04. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_4.asf

05. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_5.asf

06. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_6.asf

07. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_7.asf

08. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_8.asf

09. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_9.asf

10. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_10.asf

11. mms://vod.movist.co.kr/o00/00/79/17_11.asf