[Movie 2004] Everyone Has A Secret 누구나 비밀은 있다

Guest Hyc

Guest miyo652

Hello! I'm a newbie to soompi and I just recently became a huge fan of LBH! He so so PERFECT! (as everyone knows) :P Well anyways, I never heard of this movie. I read lots and lots of summaries and reviews about this movie and I instantly got hooked. I was wondering if someone could give me spoilers about the ending. Details are wanted! You can PM me if you want to or post it on the forum. the suspense is killing me! thanks! :)

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Hi miyo652!

A warm welcome to soompi & EHAS especially! Very happy to have you at the thread! :)

About EHAS' ending (please highlight to read)

it's rather ambiguous actually... which could be interpreted either way. LBH's character does not end up with anyone in the movie... despite what happened between all of them and him. But it's not a sad ending... in fact... totally the opposite, really. He'd actually set the ladies free from their confusion, uncertainty & frustration... in such naughty yet fun ways. There's even a surprise element in the ending.. revealed in various spoiler-reviews but not included in the movie itself... a supernatural being or rather an angel at work. Kinda unbelievable huh... but it makes sense... sort of... when you watch & think about it.

Btw, do join us at *Everything Lee Byung Hun* thread... we'd love to have you there! :lol:

As requested by Rubie, my own thoughts after watching the show... Have fun reading them... They contain spoilers though...

REVIEW OF EVERYBODY HAS A SECRET

I happened to watch this movie with my mum on TV and you know what is the first thing she said? “Is this some sort of an R rated show?” Yes, you guessed it. This light romantic comedy has its share of deflowering scenes but before you dismiss this movie as just another big romping fest, think again. The story can be interestingly split into four parts – how each of the 3 sisters and their youngest brother had a rather unique encounter with Soo-hyun, who is some sort of a charming Casanova, and each of them actually experiences a revelation of their own. Somehow, Soo-hyun actually became some sort of a catalyst in the sexual, emotional and inner-being awakening of the four siblings that as much as you want to hate him, you have to applaud him for making such a daring move to flit from sister to sister (and brother) to allow them to actually explore themselves and their feelings about the present state of things.

Initially coming off as a sleazy yet charming man with a debonair attitude, the movement of the story slowly revealed him as being the one saving grace in the lives of the four siblings. In fact, he came across as some sort of an “anti-angel” at the end. Yes, it might have seemed that he was toying with the feelings of all 3 sisters but if it came with a great ending for each of them, would you blame such a man then? On the outset, such a story with such a plot would only induce in one’s mind a screwball comedy of mayhem and chaos. How was it possible for a man to seduce three sisters and escape unscathed at the very end? But this movie does not warrant one to treat it lightly for such an unlikely tale of untold lies and secrecy requires a more in-depth analysis of the characterisation of the main protagonists in the story. Told from four different viewpoints, each viewpoint acts like a piece of a giant jigsaw puzzle for each viewpoint fills in the void for another viewpoint. It is useless and pointless to watch just certain parts of the movie and ignore the rest. In the end, when the jigsaw puzzle completes itself, you’ll finally come to realise the essence of the movie and the lessons it carries.

As usual, Lee Byung-hun carries the role of Soo-hyun well. His portrayal of Soo-hyun the charmer was impeccable. He portrayed the Casanova very well but not to the point that he becomes hateful. The three sisters were also well portrayed by the three women who played them, the most notable being the portrayal of the 2nd Sister by the brilliant Choi Ji-woo. All in all, a great story worth missing your bed for the night.

SOME POINTS TO PONDER...

1. In my humble opinion, Soo-hyun had never loved the three sisters in actual fact. He was there just to release them from the emotional dreadlock that they had in their hearts through the act of copulation. That was why I thought he came across as some sort of angel in the end for he did make a difference in each of their lives, even without them knowing it. One thing I picked up was that in the end, he became the “secret” in each of their lives, which ultimately changed their outlook and personality, no matter how minute the changes were.

2. Soo-hyun did change their lives but how did they really change? The eldest was basically stuck in some sort of a fruitless marriage and her devotion and her faithfulness to her husband, if there ever was one in the first place, were waning for her husband was a complete boor. The second was no more than a prudish bookworm whose entire life revolved around literature and never once did she bother to really take a good look at herself and value her own existence. Even without her saying it, her approach to everything in life was very textbook and there was a measured sense of inferiority complex inside of her. The youngest, on the other hand, was the go-getter from the very beginning judging from the way she always wanted to lay her hands on whatever pleases her sense, including Soo-hyun. In the process, she ignores the emotional aspect of things, including the piano player who had truly loved her and given her his heart and body (literally). When each of them met Soo-hyun, there was some sort of an electrifying attraction between them and soon, one thing leads to another. Before you know it, each of them had already ended up in Soo-hyun’s bed, some even more than once. However, the relationship between the youngest and Soo-hyun as well as the trysts between him and the elder two soon held a revelation for each of them. Through Soo-hyun, the eldest had some sort of a mechanical sexual overture with him and she finally realised that all she needed was an emotional outlet to let go of the things she held buried in her heart. Was she in love with Soo-hyun? No, for she eventually came to realise that she loved her husband, no matter how boorish he was. The second saw a completely new world with Soo-hyun and she managed to explore things that she considered taboo to her in the past. She became more aware of her attractiveness and in the end, she became the active party in her search of love (remember the part where she rubbed her legs against that bookish Professor?). As for the youngest, her sexual exploits with Soo-hyun made her remember of her encounter with the piano player and she finally found out that the way they made love was purely on the basis of love compared to the ones she had with Soo-hyun. In the end, she managed to confront her true feelings and went for the piano player instead.

3. Besides the three sisters, the fourth brother also had a unique experience with Soo-hyun. Soo-hyun managed to bring out the inherent sexual instincts in the fourth brother, despite the initial worries of the former when he thought that he was gay (those “excited” episodes he experienced when Soo-hyun touched him).

4. Initially, I had wanted a story where there was to be sweet revenge by the sisters on Soo-hyun as I felt that he had toyed with them even when he knew that he was cheating on each of them (well, he knew they were sisters and having affairs with sisters is a big no-no after all) but when I saw the bigger picture of Soo-hyun’s existence in their lives, all is forgiven and forgotten. (Now, I wish I was Soo-hyun… )

Rating: 4.5/5 (Really worth your money… Go get it!! -0.5 for the raunchy and racy scenes… )

He portrayed the Casanova very well but not to the point that he becomes hateful.

Thanks Azzie for sharing your thoughts with us... certainly one of the more 'serious' personal reviews for EHAS than the usual oohs and ahhs, haha .. you know what I mean! :P A man's point of view is certainly very different from the ladies... so, never stop sharing your opinion, ok.

Hyc-hunnie... love all the Secret captures, always... a pleasure seeing them! Thanks for sharing with us here.

Repost from bhjwlove.com

Credit to Ping

1st December EHAS Premier in Hong Kong

Poster--HK Title--Everybody Has Secrets ~chinese title 1屋誘心人=A house of enticers :lol::rolleyes:

secrets_02.jpgsecrets_03.jpg

http://news.naver.com/news/read.php?mode=L...106&menu_id=106

chogaci_261499_1[392560].jpg

Viewers were presented with these gifts by courtesy of BHLee HK Club

http://www.leebyunghun.com.hk/

c3321472363337191133460101251.jpg

Taiwan EHAS premier promotion

Poster--The title in Taiwan--Three sisters' Lover :P

EverybodyHasSecrets_index_0.jpg

Captures

art008.jpg

art019.jpg

art009.jpg

art003.jpg

^

Wah, the EHAS-love is invading Hong Kong it seems! :lol:

Thanks Hyc for sharing the updates with us and gratitude to the BHLee HK Club especially, for their wonderful promotion & coverage for the movie.

Too bad EHAS (other movies too) will never get screened in our place, huh... we could've gone and watch it! :D

December 06, 2005

Korean Box Office Report - December 2/4

Korean Films Abroad

It finally happened, Lee Jae-Han's 내 머리속의 지우개 (A Moment To Remember) [Japanese Title "私の頭の中の消しゴム"] broke 외출 (April Snow)'s record, to become the most successful Korean film ever released in Japan. Beating Hur Jin-Ho's latest film, which made 2.3 Billion Yen in 5 weeks, the melodrama starring Son Ye-Jin and Jung Woo-Sung could reach distributors GAGA's previsions of 3 Billion Yen in the next few weeks, as they'll continue to push it strongly. The film landed in 4th place this weekend, with the latest Harry Potter film on top. Another upcoming release in Japan will be the ultra-cool crime thriller 범죄의 재구성 (The Big Swindle), starring Park Shin-Yang -- who achieved great popularity in Japan thanks to his TV Drama 파리의 연인 (Lovers in Paris).

Elsewhere, the horror film 첼로 (Cello) continues its run in Malaysia, landing 5th in the Weekly box office, dominated by (Guess who?) 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'. In the US, Tartan's release of Park Chan-Wook's 올드보이 (Oldboy) continues, adding $165 from 1 screen, for a total of $707,391. Finally, the HK box office is still dominated by 殺破狼 (Sha Po Lang) [Harry Potter doesn't debut there until late December], which reached the HK$ 6.5 Million mark. But Korean films did pretty well, too: the comedy 마파도 (Mapado) landed at third place, with a total of HK$ 1.93 Million; also, the sexy comedy 누구나 비밀은 있다 (Everybody Has Secrets) with Lee Byung-Heon was at No. 9, with HK$ 190,000.

Via nKino, Star News 1, Star News 2, Film2.0, Cine21, Box Office Mojo, Goo Movies, Mov3, Yahoo Malaysia

Credit:

» Posted by X at December 6, 2005 05:23 AM

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004396.html

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mrs. Lee

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

1215025wy.jpg

credit to Tammy at bhjwlove.com

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Nice BH JW Card HYC!...I'll try to make one later...gtg and do one last panic shopping first! :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest carolinexp

I saw this movie a couple days ago. It's nothing special but I liked it. It's a nice, fun, easy movie to watch on a rainy day. I liked what the guy said at the end of the movie. I love it when movies keep you thinking after it ends (not that it was a mystery or thought provoking movie, but the last thing the guy said made me think, ooh. hmm..)

And the youngest sister is the actress that JunJin dated right?

Archived