[Drama 2023] Tell Me That You Love Me, 사랑한다고 말해줘

larus

hohstMN.gif

Happy New Year! It's time again for our annual Soompi Forums Awards.

Which dramas were your favorite in 2023?

Vote here for Poll #1:

Your Event Organizers

Here is the ratings for Episode's 13! :).

“Marry My Husband” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings

“Marry My Husband” Continues Perfect Streak Of Setting New Personal Best In Ratings

Finally, Jung Woo Sung and Shin Hyun Been’s “Tell Me You Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.6 percent, enjoying a small increase from its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636151wpp/marry-my-husband-continues-perfect-streak-of-setting-new-personal-best-in-ratings

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 14! :).

“Marry My Husband” Sees Impressive Jump In Ratings For 2nd Week

“Marry My Husband” Sees Impressive Jump In Ratings For 2nd Week

Episode 14 of ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” achieved an average nationwide rating of 1.5 percent, maintaining a similar score to its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1636418wpp/marry-my-husband-sees-impressive-jump-in-ratings-for-2nd-week

Meanwhile, the ENA melodrama Tell Me That You Love Me scored 1.64% nationwide for episode 13, a decent improvement from its lowest rating of 1.49% (episode 12). The K-drama is currently in its penultimate week. 

E52L7O_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Tell Me That You Love Me?

Episode 14 of Tell Me That You Love Me will air on January 9 (Tuesday). The K-drama is available to stream on Disney+.

https://mydramalist.com/article/park-min-young-s-marry-my-husband-scores-its-highest-ratings

• Like 1

Tell Me That You Love Me: Episodes 13-14

by Dramaddictally

Can love conquer all when the differences between partners are vast? It’s the question our drama began with, and the question we return to now. Hurt feelings, family secrets, and romantic interlopers abound this week as the past comes to the fore. But there’s something more under-the-radar intervening in our leads’ love story.

EPISODES 13-14

One thing I really love about this drama is that it’s full of complicated feelings. There’s no good and evil here, just people that have lived, hurt, and learned. Sometimes they’re more guarded (like our hero) and sometimes they’re learning to be more vulnerable, which is what we see of Seo-kyung this week.

We left off last week with a stab in the heart as Jin-woo opened the door to Seo-kyung on a rainy night. Mo-eun drags herself away from the scene in obvious pain — and now we witness the aftermath.

To begin, let’s jump into the backstory about the fire, since we finally get all the details. Seo-kyung was being followed around by a looney stalker, who attacks her in the arts college building and accidentally sets fire to the place while she’s trying to break free. She’s knocked out and he leaves her there to die.

Jin-woo smells the smoke and goes looking for Seo-kyung as the fire gets bigger. Seo-kyung wakes up and sees him outside the room she’s in, but he doesn’t see her. She’s screaming his name (in vain, of course) and he runs in the other direction to keep searching for her.

We later learn that Jin-woo never finds her, and Do-hun is the one that pulls her out and saves her life. Now, last week it seemed like Do-hun was the guy stalking Seo-kyung. As it turns out, he’s just another obsessive weirdo who was in love with her and was secretly following her around to protect her from her stalker (got all that?). And as he’s carrying her out of the fire, he sees Jin-woo run further into the building to find Seo-kyung, but has no way to stop him. Jin-woo ends up needing to be rescued and gets a nasty burn on his arm.

So, what does all this mean for their present-day feelings? Well, it’s pleasantly complicated. The story goes that Seo-kyung broke up with Jin-woo after this incident because she thought Jin-woo abandoned her that day. This is what Jin-woo has believed all these years. She hated and resented him, and he hated and resented himself.

The truth comes out later when Seo-kyung finally admits to Do-hun, and to herself, that she knew Jin-woo was looking for her that day. When she runs into Jin-woo in the street right after her conversation with Do-hun, she tells him she was lying to herself back then and looking for a reason to run away. She kept telling herself he’d abandoned her because it seemed like the only way to leave. She never told Jin-woo about the whistling stalker, and she wanted to break up because the fact that she could hear and he couldn’t made her feel alone in the relationship.

Seo-kyung tearfully tells Jin-woo not to blame himself anymore. Then she apologizes and walks away. Jin-woo, crushed and angry as he is to learn all this, understands that she must have been dealing with a lot on her own. And since we learned last week that Mo-eun is feeling lonely for similar reasons, I hope this means our hero can put this new information to use.

This whole thread plays out over the course of the two episodes and it serves a couple of purposes. First, we see Seo-kyung admit that she’s been overconfident before she comes clean about the past. When we met her, she seemed smart and like a good person, and it’s in line with her character to be this self-reflexive. I was happy to see the drama pull her back around from what we saw last week.

That being said, the second thing all this does is to get in between Mo-eun and Jin-woo. In the opening scene, where a rain-soaked Seo-kyung is at Jin-woo’s house, she says she misses him a lot. At first we don’t see Jin-woo’s response. But the pain that emanates from both Seo-kyung and Jin-woo any time they’re together says they still have deep feelings for each other — just not the kind they should pursue.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/tell-me-that-you-love-me-episodes-13-14/

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode's 15! :).

“Marry My Husband” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Love Song For Illusion” And “Tell Me You Love Me” See Slight Rises

“Marry My Husband” Remains No. 1 In Ratings + “Love Song For Illusion” And “Tell Me You Love Me” See Slight Rises

ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.6 percent, also enjoying a slight boost in ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637557wpp/marry-my-husband-remains-no-1-in-ratings-love-song-for-illusion-and-tell-me-you-love-me-see-slight-rises

Here is the ratings for Episode's 16 *Last Episode! :).

“Marry My Husband” Reigns At No. 1 With New Personal Best In Ratings

“Marry My Husband” Reigns At No. 1 With New Personal Best In Ratings

The final episode of ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” garnered an average nationwide rating of 1.8 percent, enjoying a slight boost for its finale.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1637759wpp/marry-my-husband-reigns-at-no-1-with-new-personal-best-in-ratings

• Like 1

Meanwhile, the ENA melodrama Tell Me That You Love Me concluded with a nationwide rating of 1.76%. The K-drama commenced with a viewership of 1.51% and maintained a streak of 1% ratings throughout its run. However, it achieved its highest rating of 2.12% for episode 10. 

Tell Me That You Love Me also remained fairly popular On Disney+ in Asian countries such as Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, and Hong Kong. 

jQAzpz_2f.png

Where to watch the K-drama Tell Me That You Love Me?

All the episodes of Tell Me That You Love Me are available to stream on Disney+.

https://mydramalist.com/article/marry-my-husband-ranks-on-prime-video-s-top-10-lists-in-111-countries-achieves-highest-ratings

• Thanks 2

Such a great drama, I'm very happy that I decided to watch. Roller-coaster of emotions till the very end). Hopefully we won't need to wait another 10 years to see more dramas from JWS). 

• Like 4

i watched the first 2-3 episodes, then stopped.. then continued from ep 13 onwards.

initially i was a bit annoyed because the scenes between FL and ML seemed to be her reciting her sentences word by word while working on the sign language, that got a bit monotonous.. however, comparatively, the scenes where ML was with the 3 students, the conversations flowed out really well.

final episode was heart warming, so happy they got back together after breakup.. the breakup was needed for each other to rethink on their takes on the relationship. it's really important to have good friends rooting and be there for you.. you don't need many, Ki Hyun for Jin Woo, and Ji Yu for Mo Eun.. and Johan is a special one, i'm glad he remains a close friend that Mo Eun can confide to, and a gentleman as well.

• Like 1

• larus changed the title to [Drama 2023] Tell Me That You Love Me, 사랑한다고 말해줘

Tell Me That You Love Me: Episodes 15-16 (Final)

by Dramaddictally

With an ending this brave, I’m ready to tell this drama that I love it. Filled with gratitude, growth, and grieving, our leads find themselves far from where they started, even if it looks like they’re back at square one.

EPISODES 15-16

It’s the quiet ones that’ll get ya. This has been a slow and deliberate ride that told us its ending in its very first lines, but that doesn’t make it hurt any less. Like the characters themselves, we went in with a hunch that the relationship wouldn’t work out, but we let ourselves feel deeply anyway — only to walk away heartbroken.

We open this week with the idea of home. Mo-eun has located Jin-woo’s childhood house, which he’s searched for his whole life, and when he meets her there, he realizes that his desire to find it was really a hope that someone would be waiting for him when he arrived (*heart cracks in half*).

They sit by a campfire outside the house and Mo-eun tells Jin-woo about his mother. He’s in shock and isn’t sure if he wants to meet her and disrupt her life. Mo-eun advises him to follow his heart, before she starts pouring out her own heart.

She tells Jin-woo about the dream she had — the one where they were laughing and talking easily together and she felt so comfortable. She recounts how in real life, things got more difficult for her as their relationship went on. With her poor sign language, she couldn’t convey her feelings precisely, and she didn’t want to argue over text, so she ignored him. She apologizes, and then so does he “for making her have that kind of dream.” Mo-eun concludes, “We’re not together to feel sorry for each other.” Oof. What a powerful punch of dialogue to end such a lengthy conversation about why it’s not working.

But no matter how much pain their relationship appears to cause Mo-eun, she wants to keep fighting for it. Later on, she goes to Jin-woo’s house and says that all the ways they’ve had to communicate (writing, signing, translating, using their fingers on each other’s palms) have been a little difficult, but she’s okay. She tells him this with finality, as if to put him at ease.

But we can see she’s anything but at ease. She’s disappointed when she can’t yell over to him at the grocery store. There’s no exuberance when she interacts with him, like there is with others. And at one point, she tells him to turn on some music, which he does, and then she immediately shuts it off behind his back without communicating anything to him.

Then comes a horribly heart-shattering moment. Our leads are lying in bed with their backs to each other and things are clearly tense between them. Jin-woo opens the translator on his phone without Mo-eun noticing and starts typing, “Shall we talk?” But before he finishes, she says out loud to herself, “It’s so frustrating.” And that line appears on the screen of his translator app for him to read. (This moment physically hurt me. Youch.)

After Jin-woo knows how Mo-eun really feels, he puts the phone down and just lies there, but they meet the next day so he can do what needs to be done. Rather than continuing to be sorry to one another, he ends things by thanking her. He thanks her for approaching him when he didn’t have the courage to love again. And says it’s thanks to her that he thinks he’ll be okay for the rest of his life. “If I did something that made you sad, it wasn’t because I didn’t love you, but because I wanted to hide what I was ashamed of.”

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/01/tell-me-that-you-love-me-episodes-15-16-final/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Shin Hyun-bin, “Thanks to Jung Woo-sung for the happy atmosphere of ‘I’m sorry’... Long live Jung Woo-sung!” [IS Interview]

ca2daa7249418f2ab9362711f0f884a57995186e

“I wondered if I’d ever looked at someone else’s face for this long. “It was both surprising and nice to lead the drama without words, just with eyes and sign language.”

I met an actor who liked small talk. She is Shin Hyun-bin, who played the unknown actor Jeong Mo-eun in the Genie TV original ‘Tell Me I Love You’ (hereinafter referred to as Say Say), which ended on the 16th. She recently met Shin Hyun-bin at a cafe in Jongno-gu, Seoul.

Shin Hyun-bin said, “I think ‘Tell Me’ will remain in her memory as a special work of hers. “Because she exchanged emotions with her eyes without dialogue, I was more immersed in it,” she said. “I cried a lot during the scene where she broke up with Jin-woo (Jung Woo-sung). “She was like, ‘I can’t go home like this,’” she said.

“I thought a lot about the past while acting out the process of Mo-eun going from being an unknown actor to becoming a member of a theater company and gradually becoming known to the world.” She added, “In fact, the troupe that Mo-eun belonged to was the same troupe I acted in when I was a rookie.” . “She felt weird,” she laughed.

The outfit Shin Hyun-bin wore in her drama was also a hot topic. She looked lively like a college student but wasn't overly so, so many people on the Internet said, 'I want to wear it like her.' This styling was also a collaboration between Shin Hyun-bin and her stylist. “I had endless fittings with my stylist,” she said. I think her costumes have a huge impact on her performance. She especially tried to wear outfits that fit the scene. In the first Jeju Island episode, she wore a long dress with a feminine feel, and when she was in a comfortable location, she wore tracksuits and a box tee. Shin Jae-hwi, who appeared as my younger brother, said, ‘You really have a different feel depending on your outfit.’ “I was proud (laughter)”

When asked about the secret to the good atmosphere on set, Shin Hyun-bin expressed her gratitude, saying, “It is thanks to the composure that Jung Woo-sung has.” The interview with Shin Hyun-bin was conducted that day around 3 p.m. In an interview conducted an hour earlier at the same location, Jung Woo-sung shouted, “Long live Shin Hyun-bin!”, making the audience burst into laughter. When she asked, “Do you know that Jung Woo-sung shouted ‘Hurray for Life’?” Shin Hyun-bin said, “Then I should shout like this. ‘Long live Jung Woo-sung!’” she said, raising her arms and bursting into laughter.

She said Shin Hyun Bin is “a romantic comedy depicting the love story between an ordinary woman and a third-generation chaebol man. She explained, “While ‘Tell me that you love me’ focused on realistic stories, this work lays down cliché settings and twists them.” She said, “Filming is still in progress. “It will probably be released in the second half of this year,” she said, raising her expectations.

https://isplus.com/article/view/isp202401250022

[Interview] After hesitating, taking a step forward, ‘Tell me you love me’ actor Shin Hyun-bin

15_19_44__65b34f0073f0c%5BW578-%5D.jpg

http://m.cine21.com/news/view/?mag_id=104380