[Drama 2023] Tell Me That You Love Me, 사랑한다고 말해줘

larus

Spoiler

Shin Hyun Been Breaks Down The Walls Around Jung Woo Sung’s Heart In “Tell Me You Love Me”

Shin Hyun Been Breaks Down The Walls Around Jung Woo Sung’s Heart In “Tell Me You Love Me”

ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” has shared a new glimpse of its upcoming episode!

Based on an award-winning Japanese drama, “Tell Me You Love Me” tells the love story of hearing-impaired painter Cha Jin Woo (played by Jung Woo Sung) and unknown actress Jung Mo Eun (Shin Hyun Been). The drama is helmed by “Our Beloved Summer” director Kim Yoon Jin, with “Love in the Moonlight” writer Kim Min Jung penning the script.

Spoilers

Previously on “Tell Me You Love Me,” Cha Jin Woo and Jung Mo Eun began to change one another as they gradually grew closer. In particular, Cha Jin Woo started to question why he had always kept other people at a distance and built up a wall around his heart.

In newly released stills from the drama’s next episode, that wall around Cha Jin Woo’s heart comes crashing down as Jung Mo Eun naturally finds her way into his world. Jung Mo Eun looks right at home as she spends time together with Cha Jin Woo’s close friend Hong Ji Kyun (Heo Joon Suk) and his wife So Hee (Jung Sae Byul), who seem to have readily embraced her.

Despite the fact that their conversation is through sign language, Jung Mo Eun doesn’t appear uncomfortable or awkward in the slightest. Instead, she wears a bright smile as she fits right in—and Cha Jin Woo can’t hide his fondness as he watches her bonding with his friends.

Tell-Me-You-Love-Me.jpg

Spoiler

Heo-Joon-Suk-Jung-Sae-Byul.jpg

Shin-Hyun-Been.jpegJung-Woo-Sung.jpeg

The “Tell Me You Love Me” production team teased, “In Episode 5, Cha Jin Woo will slowly begin his bold pursuit [of Jung Mo Eun]. Please look forward to the romantic change in Cha Jin Woo, who has unlocked his heart.”

The next episode of “Tell Me You Love Me” will air on December 11 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1630886wpp/shin-hyun-been-breaks-down-the-walls-around-jung-woo-sungs-heart-in-tell-me-you-love-me

• Like 1

20231211093153_tell-me-you-love-me-1.jpgShin Hyun Been And Jung Woo Sung’s Relationship Undergoes A Change In “Tell Me You Love Me”

Dec 11, 2023

ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” has shared stills from its upcoming episode!

Based on an award-winning Japanese drama, “Tell Me You Love Me” tells the love story of hearing-impaired painter Cha Jin Woo (Jung Woo Sung) and unknown actress Jung Mo Eun (Shin Hyun Been). The drama is helmed by “Our Beloved Summer” director Kim Yoon Jin, with “Love in the Moonlight” writer Kim Min Jung penning the script.

Spoilers

Previously on “Tell Me You Love Me,” Cha Jin Woo and Jung Mo Eun’s relationship reached a turning point. Because of Jung Mo Eun, Cha Jin Woo started to question why he had always kept other people at a distance and built up a wall around his heart.

Cha Jin Woo, who is accustomed to keeping a reasonable distance from others, started to break down the emotional walls he built up over the years. Cha Jin Woo cautiously stepped back to avoid hurting Jung Mo Eun, but when he went to her play and cheered her on in sign language, he heightened viewers’ expectations for a change in their relationship.

The released stills depict a change in the relationship between Cha Jin Woo and Jung Mo Eun. The stills capture the two having a private conversation alone in the library. Cha Jin Woo has a bright smile on his face as he affectionately stares at Jung Mo Eun, who can’t seem to take her eyes off her phone.

tell-me-you-love-me-2.jpg

Spoiler

tell-me-you-love-me-1-1.jpg

More stills depict a romantic street piano date between Cha Jin Woo and Jung Mo Eun. Sitting side by side and enjoying a happy time together, the two appear even closer, hinting at the change in their relationship. Viewers can’t help but wonder if Cha Jin Woo and Jung Mo Eun will ever be able to reach each other’s hearts.tell-me-you-love-me-3.jpg

Spoiler

tell-me-you-love-me-4.jpg

The production team of “Tell Me You Love Me” stated, “In episode 5, Cha Jin Woo will start pursuing Jung Mo Eun. The change in their relationship will bring excitement to viewers. Also, pay attention to the changes the appearance of Cha Jin Woo’s ex-lover Song Seo Kyung (Kim Ji Hyun) will bring.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631193wpp/shin-hyun-been-and-jung-woo-sungs-relationship-undergoes-a-change-in-tell-me-you-love-me

• Like 3

Here is the ratings for Episode's 5! :).

“The Matchmakers” Continues Reign Over Monday-Tuesday Dramas

“The Matchmakers” Continues Reign Over Monday-Tuesday Dramas

Meanwhile, episode 5 of ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.9 percent, seeing a slight decrease from its previous episode’s personal best score of 2.0 percent.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631309wpp/the-matchmakers-continues-reign-over-monday-tuesday-dramas

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 6! :).

“The Matchmakers” Enjoys Slight Boost As It Approaches Personal Best Rating

“The Matchmakers” Enjoys Slight Boost As It Approaches Personal Best Rating

Finally, ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.8 percent, maintaining a similar score to its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1631529wpp/the-matchmakers-enjoys-slight-boost-as-it-approaches-personal-best-rating

• Like 1

I want this drama to keep going because I want to see them living happily past the end, but I don't want this drama to end!!:love:

When the drama starts, Mo Eun is presented as a struggling character, chasing her acting dreams in her thirties when she has a lower chance of breaking in. Those slaps she endured on the set for a one line gig had me asking why she couldn't just go back to a "steady job", but also wishing she can get her break soon!

As we headed to episode 6, I realised that the writer has fashioned her as a forthright, courageous woman who goes headlong for what she wants, even as she looked defeated. She is going for an acting career, and has been the one who goes after Jin Woo. Therefore, her confession was consistent with her characterisation. 

The confession was beautiful. Simple, direct, honest. His reaction... His silence was perfect. I didn't mind that they switched to music instead of him signing back his acceptance. I teared up in happiness for two deserving fictional characters! It's been a while since I cried for fake people! 

I also love how we circled back to the beach where they first met for this confession scene... Someone on twitter noted that they met on the beach where they first communicated with gestures and his phone and the second beach date is back on that beach, where she confesses in sign language... The metaphor and development was not lost on me.

I hope that the drama continues to unfold beautifully as it has..

Spoiler

... And I hope it has a better part 2 and ending than the Japanese original. This is one time I hope they don't stick to the original :huh:

• Like 2

Spoiler

Jung Woo Sung And Shin Hyun Been Are Seconds Away From A Kiss In “Tell Me You Love Me”

Jung Woo Sung And Shin Hyun Been Are Seconds Away From A Kiss In “Tell Me You Love Me”

ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” has unveiled new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

Based on an award-winning Japanese drama, “Tell Me You Love Me” tells the love story of hearing-impaired painter Cha Jin Woo (Jung Woo Sung) and unknown actress Jung Mo Eun (Shin Hyun Been). The drama is helmed by “Our Beloved Summer” director Kim Yoon Jin, with “Love in the Moonlight” writer Kim Min Jung penning the script.

Spoilers

Previously, Cha Jin Woo and Jung Mo Eun faced a turning point in their relationship. Cha Jin Woo hesitated to approach Jung Mo Eun, but Jung Mo Eun was honest about her feelings.

The newly released stills capture the aftermaths of Jung Mo Eun’s confession. Jung Mo Eun and Cha Jin Woo stand facing each other as the sun sets behind them, creating a romantic atmosphere. The two gaze at each other intently with joy, showing them seconds away from a kiss.

jung-woo-sung-shin-hyun-been-.jpegjung-woo-sung-shin-hyun-been-3.jpegjung-woo-sung-shin-hyun-been-2.jpeg

More stills capture the two enjoying a date at home. Sitting across a sunlit table, Jung Mo Eun and Cha Jin Woo look comfortable as they converse with each other in sign language. Jung Mo Eun falls asleep on a sofa, and when Cha Jin Woo discovers her sleeping, he affectionately covers her up with a blanket. Viewers are curious to find out how their daily lives will change going forward.

Spoiler

tell-me-you-love-me-1.jpegshin-hyun-been-1.jpegjung-woo-sung-1.jpeg

The production team shared, “In this week’s broadcast of episodes 7 and 8, many things change due to Jung Mo Eun’s confession,” asking viewers to tune in to find out if Jung Mo Eun’s and Cha Jin Woo’s sincere feelings will reach one another. They added, “The love that is only possible for the two will deliver heart-fluttering excitement and relatable warmth.”

The next episode of “Tell Me You Love Me” will air on December 18 at 9 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632380wpp/jung-woo-sung-and-shin-hyun-been-are-seconds-away-from-a-kiss-in-tell-me-you-love-me

• Like 3

Here is the ratings for Episode's 7! :).

“The Matchmakers” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

“The Matchmakers” Soars To Its Highest Ratings Yet

Finally, ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.9 percent, maintaining a similar score to its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632492wpp/the-matchmakers-soars-to-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 8! :).

“The Matchmakers” Heads Into Finale On All-Time Ratings High

“The Matchmakers” Heads Into Finale On All-Time Ratings High

Finally, ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” earned an average nationwide rating of 1.6 percent, seeing a small dip in ratings.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1632728wpp/the-matchmakers-heads-into-finale-on-all-time-ratings-high

• Like 1

Tell Me That You Love Me: Episodes 7-8

by Dramaddictally

Love blossoms between our leads after last week’s confession and it’s as tender and beautiful as we might expect. But not everyone cottons to the idea quickly, and in between the lovely moments lies prejudice ready to rear its ugly head. Plus, our third wheel turns out to be pretty likable, leaving some complicated feelings all around.

EPISODES 7-8

We left off last week with Mo-eun’s confession to Jin-woo out there by the seaside. She wants to make it clear that she likes him in case he’s not catching on. Jin-woo responds hesitantly, unsure if he can accept her feelings, guilty that she’s trying to learn his language, but he’ll never be able to speak hers. Ultimately, he says he wants to do many good things with her. And so, we’ve got ourselves a new couple — who starts things off right with a kiss at sunrise.

Then we see all the little day-to-day scenes I’ve been craving. She brings him lunch at his studio. They eat watermelon and discuss how to sign different words. They laugh and flirt, keeping it casual and light, and just have a nice time until she falls asleep while he’s painting. Then there are movie dates and after-work walks and little moments of skinship when he touches her hands to correct her signs. It’s all going along so smoothly.

At the same time, Seo-kyung is digging into her new role as director of the art museum. She’s researching a street artist who’s gaining popularity but who has remained anonymous. He tags his murals with “Dino.” We already know this is our hero and it’s not long before Seo-kyung starts to put two and two together.

We get an extended sequence of backstory showing Jin-woo and Seo-kyung in college when they were dating and in love. They’re heartbreakingly cute together, which makes me have complicated feelings since I’m rooting for our heroine. But it’s also necessary because then we understand just how complicated Jin-woo’s feelings are in the present when Seo-kyung is suddenly a part of his life again.

Seo-kyung comes to Jin-woo’s door and his face is heavy with heartache. When she’s inside, she says she has something to tell him, but first she needs to know that he’ll believe her if she says she’s okay. It’s a bit cryptic but we can only assume for now it’s referring to the fire, which we still don’t know much about.

Jin-woo says he believes her and she goes ahead with her proposal. As the new director, she’d like to give him his first solo exhibition so he can engage with people through his work. We learn that he’s not that well known of an artist (which I didn’t understand before since he obviously makes a living off of painting and teaching), and Seo-kyung wants to show his art to the world.

Jin-woo doesn’t like the idea but I’m not sure if it’s the idea of the exhibition or of working with Seo-kyung directly. So far, Seo-kyung is very likable. And every time Jin-woo sees her he looks like a hurt child. Whatever dynamic is unfolding, the tension is mounting.

Jin-woo and Mo-eun continue to grow closer, but there’s an event that shows us exactly what Jin-woo is afraid of. We learn he was bullied in high school. And for a few days he’s been seeing some high school students around, one of whom is being bullied. Initially, he doesn’t pick up what’s happening because he can’t hear what’s being said — but the student who is being bullied thinks that Jin-woo is just ignoring the abuse.

There comes a moment when Jin-woo understands the student is in trouble. When he finds the student in the street, it’s just at the moment when he’s decided to stand up to his bully and fight back, but he’s gone too far. He’s about to smash the bully with a brick when Jin-woo intercedes. The student curses Jin-woo for ignoring the situation before and pushes Mo-eun to the ground before running off.

This gives us a lovely little Band-Aiding moment where Jin-woo tends to Mo-eun’s scraped hand. But it also shows us how people misunderstand him, and why he’s afraid that the people he cares about will get hurt because of it. Whether or not this is leading up to a bigger event where Mo-eun gets hurt, I’m afraid to know.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/12/tell-me-that-you-love-me-episodes-7-8/

• Like 3

On 12/18/2023 at 12:12 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

The newly released stills capture the aftermaths of Jung Mo Eun’s confession. Jung Mo Eun and Cha Jin Woo stand facing each other as the sun sets behind them, creating a romantic atmosphere. The two gaze at each other intently with joy, showing them seconds away from a kiss.

jung-woo-sung-shin-hyun-been-3.jpeg

I apologize in advance for citing the picture, but if I'm not mistaken this particular still /scene was cut from the drama?... in the episode he hold her hand and she lightly kissed him and that was it, next scene was already from his home...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, leo2020 said:

I apologize in advance for citing the picture, but if I'm not mistaken this particular still /scene was cut from the drama?... in the episode he hold her hand and she lightly kissed him and that was it, next scene was already from his home...

yeah they probably cut it. I didn't see it as well.

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode's 9! :).

“The Matchmakers” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

“The Matchmakers” Ends On Its Highest Ratings Yet

ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” garnered an average nationwide rating of 1.9 percent, also seeing a slight increase from the previous episode’s score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633566wpp/the-matchmakers-ends-on-its-highest-ratings-yet

• Like 1

Here is the ratings for Episode's 10! :).

“Tell Me You Love Me” Rises To Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Between Him And Her” Premieres

“Tell Me You Love Me” Rises To Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Between Him And Her” Premieres

Viewership ratings for ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” reached a new all-time high last night!

On December 26, the romance drama achieved its highest ratings to date for its 10th episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Tell Me You Love Me” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 2.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1633685wpp/tell-me-you-love-me-rises-to-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-between-him-and-her-premieres

• Like 1

8 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Here is the ratings for Episode's 10! :).

On December 26, the romance drama achieved its highest ratings to date for its 10th episode. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of “Tell Me You Love Me” climbed to an average nationwide rating of 2.1 percent, marking a new personal record for the show.

Great news. I'm sooo into this drama, I wonder were are all the other viewers, bcs it's really a masterpiece)

• Like 4

I just started watching this, and it is really good.

Jung Woo-sung is so good at expressive acting. His gorgeous face just says so much.

Call It Love was one my favorites this year. This one has a similar vibe - and even a similar title - a very thoughtful love story.

These are nice bookends for this year.

I hope everyone has a great 2024!

• Like 4

Here is the ratings for Episode's 11! :).

“Marry My Husband” Premieres To Strong Ratings

“Marry My Husband” Premieres To Strong Ratings

Meanwhile, ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” starring Jung Woo Sung and Shin Hyun Been achieved an average nationwide rating of 1.6 percent. This is a slight decrease from its previous episode’s rating of 2.1 percent, which is the drama’s personal best score.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634543wpp/marry-my-husband-premieres-to-strong-ratings

• Like 2

Here is the ratings for Episode's 12! :).

“Marry My Husband” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Love Song For Illusion” Joins Fierce Race

“Marry My Husband” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode As “Love Song For Illusion” Joins Fierce Race

Meanwhile, episode 12 of ENA’s “Tell Me You Love Me” starring Jung Woo Sung and Shin Hyun Been earned an average nationwide rating of 1.5 percent, maintaining a similar score to its previous episode’s rating.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1634824wpp/marry-my-husband-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode-as-love-song-for-illusion-joins-fierce-race

• Like 1