[Drama 2022-2023] Witch's Game - 마녀의 게임 - Mon to Fri 8:50 - 9:30 KST

0ly40

1 hour ago, melodictrain said:

That was a red herring to me. SY only said so to convince Ko and I believe she had another reason. It will be clear in today's episode though.

Also this week's episodes will be all about SY and JH. Any thoughts on their future? 

I hope it's not the Temptation of the wife ending. The cheater husband had rejected the mistress for many episodes and he was such a survivor but at the end he followed her into the deep blue sea, worse they were like Zeus and Hera looking down from the clouds.Baby Lol GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, melodictrain said:

at was a red herring to me. SY only said so to convince Ko and I believe she had another reason. It will be clear

I don't think YK had anything to do with it. She's doing it for herself. Without the father, either YK or IH will get CH, either way she wins.

I am curious as to why Ma would be so agreeable with HS who told her that she hated the old eoman right to her face. Ma has something up her sleeves. SY is over ambitious. She and JH will hit the ground soon.

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, maribella said:

hope it's not the Temptation of the wife ending. The cheater husband had rejected the mistress for many episodes and he was such a survivor but at the end he followed her into the deep blue sea, worse they were like Zeus and Hera looking down from the clouds

LOL from memory the husband from TOW was just dumb. He was not as evil as JH. But I won't be surprised if JH comes back to SY later in the show and die together. Looking at the way JH betrays SY now with the smirk and outright rejection, I wonder if he ever looks back on what he did to marry her. He even gave his dead unborn child the nickname "Sarang" to honor the love with SY. Once his identity is revealed, he will have a lot of time contemplating his decisions in the past and it's hard to exclude SY then.

1 hour ago, maribella said:

I don't think YK had anything to do with it. She's doing it for herself. Without the father, either YK or IH will get CH, either way she wins.

Yes, I also think she has an ulterior motive for the accident. I watched today's raw and it seems like it has something to do with her bio mom. There was a flashback to ep 2 :) Desperately in need of subs now because of it.

• Like 2

How are we only 1/2 way through this drama. 

Out of all the daily's I'm watching this is the one thats I press the FF button through the most. I don't know if I'll make it through the next 60 episodes. 

How is JH's mother still in denial of who her son is. She has seen / heard things over and over again. Ma'am you raised a monster. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

Out of all the daily's I'm watching this is the one thats I press the FF button through the most. I don't know if I'll make it through the next 60 episodes. 

Lol I've rarely pressed the FF button for any FL in all the dailies I've watched since I began watching k-dramas 4-5 years ago. It's bad when you're more interested in the villains/morally grey characters (the latter which I personally love so I guess it's not bad?) You'll make it my friend, I've seen worse dailies.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, youactlikeicare said:

How are we only 1/2 way through this drama. 

How is JH's mother still in denial of who her son is. She has seen / heard things over and over again. Ma'am you raised a monster. 

I already stopped watching this drama. I just came to read everyone's comments on the drama.  I am bit bored, i expected more from the HS but she is still acring dumb. I blame the writer not the actress.  I am sure if they gave this lead to A list actress, they could have have done a better job

• Like 5

I can't believe SY instructed Sec Ko to tampered with the car without YK knowledge.

She's such a RickRoll'D & evil. Serves her right that JH wants to divorce with her & I forsee that she's left  with nothing at the end, not even a home.

She might go back to the orphanage to get shelter and repent there for the rest of her life or would   be much better if she become a nun.

HS, yes I love all your wardrobe but still you are still NATO... No Action Talk Only !!!

7 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I already stopped watching this drama. I just came to read everyone's comments on the drama.  I am bit bored, i expected more from the HS but she is still acring dumb. I blame the writer not the actress.  I am sure if they gave this lead to A list actress, they could have have done a better job

I'm watching just to kill my time... in fact the series as it advances is like going round the clock 

nothing that excites me ...

On 1/17/2023 at 8:38 AM, LeftCoastOppa said:

So its SY that gave the order - Sorry, don't like it.

Its not that SY isn't capable of doing it, its that they're making Ko gullible enough to order murder on SY's word WITHOUT clarifying with YK.  Sorry, Secretary Ko is sharper than that ... just saying 

Ya, least expect SY who is the mastermind  

21 hours ago, maribella said:

I was right though, she wanted YK promoted.

If YK realised her promotion has to do with killing of her half brother, she would have stopped SY,

unfortunately she's was not aware at all. 

On 1/15/2023 at 2:35 PM, maribella said:

Because she was telling SY, JH and others what she was going to do.

HS is indeed DUMP ! for telling ahead what she's going to do.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

already stopped watching this drama. I just came to read everyone's comments on the drama.  I am bit bored, i expected more from the HS but she is still acring dumb. I blame the writer not the actress.  I am sure if they gave this lead to A list actress, they could have have done a better job

The script does matter but the actress is also very mediocre. SY and JH are doing a great job with a mediocre script. The minister of justice of Korea could nor possibly be in his office alone. He must have a bevy of workers around him. Strange script.

HS gives the baleful look that I dislike sll the time, and another one is the look of disdain ( I think that's what it is) like the one she had when she last spoke to Ma. It could be sneering, or she was trying to speak as if she had power. Anyway, much of the time it was as she was high on something or grappling with a bad hangover while trying to pay attention to what's going on. I feel sad for her. Maybe she could see how good SY, YK and even IH with his limited time were good. 

Her good friend, the pizza owner is as bad as she is, overacting all the time.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

8 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Likewise I stopped earlier on watching as I cannot take so much nonsense with another 50-60 episodes more to go. My personal take on this is don't ever watch any revenge drama that exceeds 20 episodes.  For viewers' emotional satisfaction to finally see the protagonist  get his/hers revenge is the main reason for watching the drama.  That is why dramas like "Weak Hero Class 1," "Revenge of Others,"  and "Glory" are very successful.  The latter 2 dramas acted by very young actors and their acting skills far exceeding expectations.  Slice of life, romantic and melodramas fits the bill for TV series that exceeds 100 or more hour long episodes but definitely not revenge dramas.  VOTB and this drama are more than 100 episodes that are revenge-theme, and therefore not worth watching.

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

3 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

She's such a RickRoll'D & evil. Serves her right that JH wants to divorce with her & I forsee that she's left  with nothing at the end, not even a home.

She might go back to the orphanage to get shelter and repent there for the rest of her life or would   be much better if she become a nun.

There are a few unthankful people in this show. SY is the worst. If as a child she wanted a life with a rich mother then perhaps one can understand it. But as she gets older, the writer maintains tye trajectory, making her a most detestable person. She looks down on HS knowing that she has stolen her life. She still does not have remorse for abandoning her birth mother. Now Joo may feel pity for the daughter that he was irritated with for many episodes. In a way, serves YK right, she can't get rid of SY as long as she's Joo's daughter even if she revealed JH's secret. 

I can't remember why YK has not revealed JH's identity.

@TheQueenReturns you look really great there . :love:

• Like 3

The writer is playing with us. JH removed the oxygen mask that killed IH's father, but no one knew that except his mother :) The RickRoll'D is trying to make SY take all the fall but the preview shows us she's not easy to handle.

Also, SY's bio mom is killed by Ma?! Her body was not found though so I don't know if she will come back from dead.

I get how everyone has got tired of the drama. However, I'm ready to come back for the trainwreck because SY got the majority of screen time that could make her a FL now in place of HS. Honestly I'm fine with this direction. Her ending is rather predictable anyway so the character is pretty much meh.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, maribella said:

When did Ma kill SY's bio mum? I don't remember it. I think she just remained at the orphanage as director.

I'm not sure about the specific timeline but it was definitely done before IH's father's accident, according to ep 61. SY ordered the accident to take revenge on Ma for killing her bio mother. There are quite a few of scenes in that episode showing that SY actually keeps track of how her birth mother was doing and despite all, she acknowledged her birth mother for giving her a new life. 

2 hours ago, maribella said:

Is there any chance that SY is the illegitimate daughter of a chaebol? That would have JH foaming at the mouth.

So far, the only thing we know is SY's bio father was a married man, so yes she's an illegitimate child of someone. Given her bio mother's characteristic, it is possible her real father was a chaebol.

I actually think it makes sense to set SY as an illegitimate chaebol's daughter as it would punish JH harshly. So every time he got greedy, he abandoned a woman, thinking someone else could help him climb up the ladder. It happened first with HS, and it could happen again with SY.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, melodictrain said:

mother was doing and despite all, she acknowledged her birth mother for giving her a new

4 hours ago, melodictrain said:

think it makes sense to set SY as an illegitimate chaebol's daughter as it would punish JH harshly. So

Goodness, this would be the redemption arc of SY. She is such an obnoxious woman, the notion that she cared for her birth mother and being the daughter of a chaebol is stomach churning.:confounded:

• Like 4