[Drama 2023] Strong Girl Nam-Soon/Strong Woman Kang Nam Soon, 힘쎈여자 강남순

larus

Ep 14

S.    P.   0.   I.   L.  E.   R.   S

The secret hideout is not secret since grandma's lover knows.  Mom said her IQ was 96.  

Glad to see the twins together.

Oh, noooooos.  Shi Oh is remembering the wrong lessons learned from Pavel, his capture, on giving second chances.  Sheesh! Nam-Soon had best straighten this out.  These women can accept and forgive whomever at their leisure but condemn indiscriminately.  Not so fast....

Public opinion.

Nice to see her mom from Mongolia.

I blame Geum Joo for the deaths because of her pursuit of a strong woman crusader for a drug free SK.  Money cannot buy everything and people have free will and varying backgrounds or upbringings.

• Blob 4

1 hour ago, mskololia1 said:

Glad to see the twins together.

Yes, I liked seeing them together too! The twins bonding :D @Ameera Ali @kingpin @sweetroad @ktcjdrama

image.png?ex=656cbf30&is=655a4a30&hm=657

I also don't know why, but this scene cracked me up when the police officer was measuring mama's vault with his body.

image.png?ex=656cbe57&is=655a4957&hm=66a

Total reference to Leonardo da Vinci, no? Have to post a PG version of it since the forum rules forbid me to post the full 15th century masterpiece ('cause you know certain male parts) :sweatingbullets:

davincivitruvelucviatour-edited.jpg?itok

We got ZERO scenes of our OTP in today's episode. Again. :smashes:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, partyon said:

We got ZERO scenes of our OTP in today's episode. Again. :smashes:

Well, they did speak by their cells and Nam-Soon discussed him with both moms as if the audience need a reminder on the end game.... Nam-Soon needed reminding what her son will be like.

• Blob 3

The JTBC crime-comedy drama Strong Girl Namsoon also fell in domestic viewership. Dropping from 8.47% (episode 12), The K-drama scored 7.38% for episode 13.  

Strong Girl Namsoon ranks seventh on Netflix's Global Top 10 list as of November 12.

XdenyJ_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Strong Girl Namsoon?

Episode 14 of Strong Girl Namsoon will air on November 19 (Sunday). Stream the K-drama on Netflix.

https://mydramalist.com/article/my-dearest-part-2-concludes-with-record-high-ratings-other-k-dramas-see-a-drop

Here are the ratings for Episode 14! :).

“Perfect Marriage Revenge,” “Castaway Diva,” And “Korea-Khitan War” All Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

“Perfect Marriage Revenge,” “Castaway Diva,” And “Korea-Khitan War” All Rise To Their Highest Ratings Yet

Although it fell short of its personal best, JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” still enjoyed a rise in viewership last night. With just two episodes left to go, the drama climbed to an average nationwide rating of 9.0 percent and took first place in its time slot across all cable channels ahead of its final week.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627343wpp/perfect-marriage-revenge-castaway-diva-and-korea-khitan-war-all-rise-to-their-highest-ratings-yet

• Blob 1

JTBC Shares Plans For 3rd Installment Of “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” And “Strong Girl Namsoon” Series

JTBC Shares Plans For 3rd Installment Of “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” And “Strong Girl Namsoon” Series

JTBC’s “Strong Girl” series may continue to expand with a third installment!

According to industry insiders, a third installment of “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” is currently in the planning stage while the on-air JTBC drama “Strong Girl Namsoon” is still ongoing.

In response to the report, a representative of JTBC shared on November 20, “We have plans for another installment, but we are currently concentrating on writing another project.”

“Strong Woman Do Bong Soon” is a romantic comedy that stars Park Bo YoungPark Hyung SikJi Soo, and more, and it follows the story of Do Bong Soon (Park Bo Young), a young woman gifted with superhuman strength. She falls in love and hopes to achieve her dream of becoming a game designer.

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area. Lee Yoo Mi takes on the role of Do Bong Soon’s (Park Bo Young’s) second cousin Gang Nam Soon, an eccentric and lively person with amazing strength who flew from Mongolia to find her parents. The drama further stars Kim Jung Eun, Kim Hae Sook, Ong Seong Wu, Byun Woo Seok, and more.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627425wpp/jtbc-shares-plans-for-3rd-installment-of-strong-woman-do-bong-soon-and-strong-girl-namsoon-series

• Shocked 1

by lo_ve, November 20, 2023
10 38

The Strong Woman concept is expected to have another K-drama. 

On November 20, media outlets reported that JTBC is planning to have another K-drama revolving around the worldview of Strong Girl Namsoon and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. The broadcast network is planning on a sequel for the two K-dramas due to its popularity. 

A representative from Strong Girl Namsoon responded to the circulating reports, "We are currently discussing for a follow-up series but right now, we are also busy writing for our other projects."

The ongoing JTBC K-drama Strong Girl Namsoon will conclude this week. Just like the first K-drama Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, the new series Strong Girl Namsoon was also loved by the viewers. The K-drama started with 4 percent in ratings and rapidly maintained an average rating of 7 percent. 

Strong Girl Namsoon tells the story of a three-generation mother and daughter born with superhuman-like strength. It is currently being led by Lee You Mi, Kim Jung Eun, and Kim Hae Sook.

The series shares the same worldview as the K-drama Strong Woman Do Bong Soon which aired in 2017 led by Park Bo Young

Park Bo Young played the role of Do Bong Soon who is a petite and innocent look with superhuman-like strength. The K-drama became popular not only in Korea but also overseas. Many praised the K-drama and the chemistry of Park Bo Young and her love interest in the series, ZE: A's Park Hyung Sik.

After Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, the production team created Do Bong Soon's causing character which is Namsoon, and continued its worldview.

Many are already anticipating the follow-up of the world view of the Strong Woman K-drama.

E58AJ0_2f.jpg

Strong Girl Namsoon and Strong Woman Do Bong Soon are the creations of writer Baek Mi Kyung who is also known for penning the K-dramas Mine, Melting Me Softly, Woman of Dignity, My Love Eun Dong, and more.

Source

https://mydramalist.com/article/strong-girl-namsoon-and-strong-woman-do-bong-soon-will-reportedly-have-a-follow-up-k-drama

• Shocked 2
  • LOL 1

17 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

The Strong Girl universe reportedly in talks to be continued to new season. After hits StrongGirlBongSoon and StrongGirlNamSoon, the production team is said to be considering for new series

What the hell? I mean Strong Girl Namsoon has not been at all as popular as Strong Woman Do Bong Soon....? Am failing to understand how they can justify a third series.

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, partyon said:

What the hell? I mean Strong Girl Namsoon has not been at all as popular as Strong Woman Do Bong Soon....? Am failing to understand how they can justify a third series.

Maybe they have taken a temporary leave of rational thoughts and believe making content which bores viewers to death is the way to go.

Edited by liyahsbutterfly
No quoting images/gifs, please!
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, partyon said:

I thought you liked this drama. From what I read, not many people are in favor for another season. Who knows if the 3rd season will be make.

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

I'm still following this series although it's not as entertaining as Strong Woman Do Bong Soon. I was especially happy to see Park Hyung Sik & Park Bo Young make a guest appearance. I guess the writers & producers wanted to show how both series are linked through family relation.

• Blob 3

20231122132327_strong-girl-namsoon-behin“Strong Girl Namsoon” Prepares To Say Goodbye With Behind-The-Scenes Photos Of Its Stars

Nov 23, 2023

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” has shared behind-the-scenes photos from its filming set.

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy drama about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they uncover the truth behind the drug-related crimes that occur around Gangnam area.

With just two episodes left in its run, JTBC’s drama “Strong Girl Namsoon” released behind-the-scenes photos of its stars Lee Yoo Mi, Kim Jung Eun, Kim Hae Sook, Ong Seong Wu, Byun Woo Seok, and more.

Lee Yoo Mi stars as Gang Nam Soon, an eccentric and bubbly girl with incredible strength who flies to Korea from Mongolia in order to find her parents.strong-girl-namsoon-15.jpg

Kim Jung Eun shines in her role as Nam Soon’s mother Hwang Geum Joo, Gangnam’s batgirl, who uses her wealth to take down bad guys.strong-girl-namsoon-19.jpg

Spoiler

strong-girl-namsoon-3.jpg

Kim Hae Sook impresses with her comic performance as Gang Nam Soon’s maternal grandmother Gil Joong Gan.

Spoiler

strong-girl-namsoon-4.jpg

Spoiler

strong-girl-namsoon-18.jpg

strong-girl-namsoon-17.jpg

Ong Seong Wu captures viewers’ hearts in his role as Gang Hee Shik, an upright young detective who graduated from police university. Viewers are looking forward to how his relentless pursuit of the villain Ryu Shi Oh will end.

Spoiler

strong-girl-namsoon-2.jpg

Byun Woo Seok impresses in his first villain role as Ryu Shi Oh, the greedy CEO of Dugo, a distribution and sales company. With Ryu Shi Oh discovering Gam Nam Soon’s real identity in the drama’s last broadcast, attention is focused on his final showdown with Gam Nam Soon and her family.

Spoiler

strong-girl-namsoon-1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1627949wpp/strong-girl-namsoon-prepares-to-say-goodbye-with-behind-the-scenes-photos-of-its-stars

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Here are the ratings for Episode 15! :).

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

“The Story Of Park’s Marriage Contract” Ratings Rise For 2nd Episode

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon,” which has just one episode left to go, held steady with an average nationwide rating of 9.0 percent ahead of its finale.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628461wpp/the-story-of-parks-marriage-contract-ratings-rise-for-2nd-episode

• Blob 1

Lee Yoo Mi And Ong Seong Wu Face Off Against Byun Woo Seok In “Strong Girl Namsoon” Finale

Lee Yoo Mi And Ong Seong Wu Face Off Against Byun Woo Seok In “Strong Girl Namsoon” Finale

Nov 26, 2023
by E. Cha

JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” has unveiled a suspenseful sneak peek of its final episode!

A spin-off of the hit drama “Strong Woman Do Bong Soon,” JTBC’s “Strong Girl Namsoon” is a comedy about three generations of women born with unbelievable strength as they investigate drug-related crimes occurring around the Gangnam area.

Spoilers

On the previous episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon,” Gang Nam Soon (Lee Yoo Mi) fell into grave danger after taking CTA 4885 in order to save her Mongolian mother. However, Hwang Geum Joo (Kim Jung Eun) and Gil Joong Gan (Kim Hae Sook) soon came to the rescue, using their strength to wake Nam Soon up.

In newly released stills from the drama’s finale, Gang Hee Shik (Ong Seong Wu) looks furious as he takes aim at Ryu Shi Oh (Byun Woo Seok). Although he has lost everything and is completely surrounded, Ryu Shi Oh maintains his poker face even as law enforcement closes in on him. However, his wavering gaze as he is held at gunpoint raises the question of what kind of choice he will make in this seemingly hopeless situation.

Meanwhile, Gang Nam Soon appears shocked as she watches the situation unfold, piquing viewers’ curiosity as to what kind of ending lies in store for villain Ryu Shi Oh.

Byun-Woo-Seok.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Yoo-Mi.jpg

In another set of photos, Gang Hee Shik makes a surprise visit to the Doogo distribution warehouse in search of the antidote that can save Gang Nam Soon. Will he be able to break through the ring of Doogo security guards and find the antidote she needs?

Ong-Seong-Wu-1.jpg

The producers of “Strong Girl Namsoon” teased, “Please stay tuned to find out whether Gang Hee Shik will be able to successfully arrest Ryu Shi Oh and protect Gang Nam Soon by finding the antidote.”

“You can safely look forward to the choice that Ryu Shi Oh, who finds himself at a crossroads, will make,” they continued, “as well as the exciting mother-daughter heroics that will unfold until the very end.”

The final episode of “Strong Girl Namsoon” will air on November 26 at 10:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1628482wpp/lee-yoo-mi-and-ong-seong-wu-face-off-against-byun-woo-seok-in-strong-girl-namsoon-finale

• Like 1
  • Blob 1