[OFFICIAL] Rowoon ❤️ Park Eun Bin (RoBin/Park-Ro Couple) | The King's Affection

Gavn2310

22 minutes ago, PEBunny said:

Here is what I think, the producers don't care if the romance becomes the main plot to the audience because they know it brings in the most viewers. In fact, they encouraged such thinking by making sure all the bts video shared featured both Jun Ho and Young Woo on the thumbnail so it became their story not her story. 

Imagine, people got mad and started saying Young Woo was annoying for initiating the breakup because they saw Jun Ho sad. But actually, it is Young Woo's story, shouldn't they have tried to see her point of view and understand her reason? 

In actuality, only the writer and Eun Bin (maybe also the director - Yoon Shik) care about the story rather than just the romance.

Exactly! Romance was a sub-plot but going by TikTok you'd think romance was the plot and LJH was the main character. I haven't seen been discussing WYW's quirks, her growth, her struggles, or even her love language. Even that accident scene where she experienced sensory overload (I felt so sad seeing her have that meltdown... It felt so real, so disturbing) became a "LJH green flag topic." 

The worst part is they've also ruined The King's Affection hashtag on TikTok and Instagram. The hashtag is also plastered with EAW/LJH/KTO content.  

I agree with every fibre of my being and every brain cell .. thus PEB is not amused with KTO <and producers thus she is not doing S2> not bcos he became popular but bcos PEB worked so hard to act with all due respect to the autism community always keeping their dignity a priority above all else. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sydneygirl2000 said:

not bcos he became popular but bcos PEB worked so hard to act with all due respect to the autism community always keeping their dignity a priority above all else. 

Right! It's not because he became popular but because everyone including him turned the drama to another rom-com drama. 

• Like 2

Everything mentioned above is on point. All her co-stars benefited from this show and it’s not because of their outstanding performances but hers. Especially Mr Green Light. That fake scenario of marriage made me almost gagged when I first read it. The thing is everyone is happy to continue to ride on this wave of popularity without really thinking that their roles were the easy ones compared to PEB. Of course, S2 is great when the job doesn’t entail much. Just a couple of scenes here and there per episode. 

I think, PEB is really smart to put it out there that she’s happy leaving WYW as it is and to the imagination. In a way, telling people that “hey it’s been fun but I have had quite enough.” I mean she talked about having experience a lot of ups and downs both internally and externally. She even said the court room scenes were trauma for her. Honestly, if people aren’t aware of the great burden she had to carry in the last 7 months, this surely says it all. If anything, I hope her interviews shamed them all a little. 

You also have to wonder if they are all that close as they say they are (i.e. group chat and all).

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

12 minutes ago, MT220214 said:

That fake scenario of marriage made me almost gagged when I first read it. The thing is everyone is happy to continue to ride on this wave of popularity without really thinking that their roles were the easy ones compared to PEB. Of course, S2 is great when the job doesn’t entail much. Just a couple of scenes here and there per episode. 

Yes to everything you said here.

12 minutes ago, MT220214 said:

Honestly, if people aren’t aware of the great burden she had to carry in the last 7 months, this surely says it all.

I hate that EAW fans still keep trivialising her performance. Someone was mad she didn't talk like she wanted season 2. The person said how hard could it have been acting as Young Woo that she's only been annoying. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PEBunny said:

Someone was mad she didn't talk like she wanted season 2. The person said how hard could it have been acting as Young Woo that she's only been annoying. 

You have to wonder if we were reading the same interviews. Or is it simply selective amnesia they are experiencing?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PEBunny said:

Let's be honest, aside from PEB's outstanding acting and the beautifully written characters, which gave most of the supporting actors opportunity to shine, what was new about their acting in those roles? LJH is not the first or last green flag boy in a drama, Jung Myung Seok (the sweet boss)... rare but not new, same for Choi Su Yeon. There roles and acting are what we've seen over and over again but they got the chance to shine and nothing is wrong with that. But I am bugged they all started making up scenarios for their characters in season 2. And KTO's was the worst... Get married to WYW, become a lawyer (one would think he is to write the script for the second season). Haha

PEB has made little or no physical appearances so far meanwhile she could be everywhere if she wanted to. I think that says something nice about her personality. He respects the sensitivity of her character and also popularity is a bonus for her, it was never her drive.

Also, some people still keep mumumering about how LJH didn't have much screentime. It seems people think his role is male lead but no, it's co-male lead (he shares it with Kang Ki Young/Jung Myung Seok)... Basically, they are both significant supporting characters not exactly male leads like typical dramas.

Thank god , i love the people in this forum. U guys said exactly what i have in mind. 

1. People forget woo young woo is the main character, and the rest are just supporting roles.

2. KTO is not the main male lead like usual kdrama.. his role is significant but not MAIN lead,  atty jung has a more complicated roles to play. And people begging KTO to more screen time dont understand the main message of the drama

3. Romance is not the main theme. It is only a fraction of this drama. That is why we will never get that couple photoshoot. And i think she will never post a photo of her with KTO knowing that most people already swayed from the main point of the drama. And romance is not the reason the drama is succesful.  Remember, the ratings stabilises and slightly dip when then romance started. The ones that hyping the romance are social medias, youtube esp the young teenagers and ladies. Even the general audience dont really care much about it and they look forward about the case  and her relationship with her mother. Looking at how people in soc med react, sometimes i wish season 2 will not happen honestly. 

4. PEB is an intelligent actress. She will never put popularity first, she will always think about the sensitivity issue the drama carried. thus no unnecesary public appearance during the show airing, no unnecessary remarks on romance (just read her interviews). She does not give in to that hype.  She also said that EAW is special just like her other dramas. And im glad it did well , now more people recognize her talents. 

5. In the interview  when she said she sometimes feel lonely when portaying wyw, i wonder who else understand her situation, seems like her co starts is not in the same wavelength with her. Maybe because she always put on her cheerful face on set. But i truly believe that the director and writer understand her and give her all the support she need with whatever decision she made. I hope she will given many recognition for her acting in this drama too. 

❤❤❤ sorry for pouring my hearts out. As u can see , im just a simp for PEB

Oh and by the way  i really like hoe the last 2 episodes didnt have much romance at all.. knock some sense in some people that the drama is not all about romance . Its about woo young woo.  And im glad peb managed to climb back up the good data chart on its finale.

Regarding the content they released i also think the lack of couple content can be for them to stay true to the message of the story.

On the other hand, although I haven't seen many BTS of EAW, some times on The swoon video I find that Eunbin was paying more attention to how she was looking with the accessories than to what KTO was saying, i found it strange given that she generaly is a good listener. And when he was putting one heart on her left cheek he took a little longer and she made a movement to the right and i think she was trying to control her expression, but i must be overthinking. And then i thought it could have been the way the video was edited.

Edited by LJ2022

1 hour ago, MT220214 said:

You also have to wonder if they are all that close as they say they are (i.e. group chat and all).

Right? I believe Eun Bin is a bit close to the Choi Su Yeon actress since they are the same age and Kang Ki Young (Jung Myung Seok) since they are from the same age. But I am sure they are all more like colleagues/acquaintances rather than friends. Else, they would never have started expressing excitement about S2 without knowing how PEB feels. I want to note that if Rowoon had been in this drama he would probably have been aware of PEB's struggles and also, he never would have directly expressed wanting S2 just because he benefits from the role. 

48 minutes ago, MT220214 said:

You have to wonder if we were reading the same interviews. Or is it simply selective amnesia they are experiencing?

Only oppas matter. Let's be honest most people that want S2 want it because they want to see more romance between LJH and WYW. Specifically, they wanna see more of the green flag guy.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, LJ2022 said:

. And when he was putting one heart on her left cheek he took a little longer and she made a movement to the right and i think she was trying to control her expression, but i must be overthinking.

At first when he stuck the first love sticker. Eunbin let it fall . To compare during HWIWOON era, she held it to ensure it stick well. That's why Taeoh said this time don't let if fall. And push a bit harder and eunbin seem getting push or getting uncomfortable thus move to the right. 

Idk who eunbin close to in this drama because i found she's lonely .. maybe jung myung seok or sunshine protector .. she ofc cannot let go the burden but i see the rest also didn't support her to lessen the burden. No words of affirmation and praise etc .during filming. She need emotional support. That's why i think she doesn't deserve to suffer again. She had given her best last time . 

9 minutes ago, PEBunny said:

Let's be honest most people that want S2 want it because they want to see more romance between LJH and WYW. Specifically, they wanna see more of the green flag guy.

Agreee.  Which ain't benefit wyw in any ways .

10 minutes ago, PEBunny said:

I want to note that if Rowoon had been in this drama he would probably have been aware of PEB's struggles and also, he never would have directly expressed wanting S2 just because he benefits from the role. 

My thoughts exactly. I was like how i wish someone like Rowoon to be there for her. That's why watching group commentary TKA, bring tears to me. They support eo so well. To the point , all of them agreed and hopeful to cast together again.  And byungchan even cried at the end of commentary 

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

i love the people in this forum.

Love you too... Huhu

39 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

1. People forget woo young woo is the main character, and the rest are just supporting roles.

If someone told me I typed everything you said, I'd believe. Right! Woo Young Woo is the main character. PEB is the lead... she is not a female lead and neither is KTO the male lead.

41 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

Romance is not the main theme. It is only a fraction of this drama. That is why we will never get that couple photoshoot. And i think she will never post a photo of her with KTO knowing that most people already swayed from the main point of the drama. And romance is not the reason the drama is succesful.  Remember, the ratings stabilises and slightly dip when then romance started. The ones that hyping the romance are social medias, youtube esp the young teenagers and ladies. Even the general audience dont really care much about it and they look forward about the case  and her relationship with her mother. Looking at how people in soc med react, sometimes i wish season 2 will not happen honestly. 

Like PEB said, I think the romance was important for Woo Young Woo's growth. Regardlesss, her growth didn't revolve around the romance or her relationship with JH... just like it didn't revolve around her relationship with her friend, her father, her mother, her work... Etc. It's annoying that people focused on the romance, blurring out other aspects of her life. And like you said, the ratings started dipping as soon as the romance became significant. If EAW was another romance drama, it would never have been this popular. It became popular because it was engaging in the first few episodes without much romantic interactions.

I don't want season 2 for several reasons. One, Eun Bin has higher expectations to live up to now (I feel sad that she struggled a lot for 7 months). Two, whether the drama fails or not, she bears the major part of the burden... Others like LJH don't need to do much. They only need to do the bare minimum to have people swooning. Three, she could end up getting typecast. And four, if this drama underperforms, it ruins the legacy of season 1.

50 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

She also said that EAW is special just like her other dramas. And im glad it did well , now more people recognize her talents. 

I love that she said all her dramas her special. In my opinion, based on how much pictures she posted on Insta with Rowoon and the other co-stars, that drama has a very special place in her heart.

51 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

In the interview  when she said she sometimes feel lonely when portaying wyw, i wonder who else understand her situation, seems like her co starts is not in the same wavelength with her. Maybe because she always put on her cheerful face on set. But i truly believe that the director and writer understand her and give her all the support she need with whatever decision she made. I hope she will given many recognition for her acting in this drama too. 

Her co-stars are definitely not on the same wavelength with her... Well, it's understandable, only the writer and director knew the depth of her worries. Whatever the case maybe, I am so happy that PEB is now getting the attention she deserves. 

54 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

❤❤❤ sorry for pouring my hearts out. As u can see , im just a simp for PEB

Please continue to pour them out, you are saying my mind.

55 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

Oh and by the way  i really like hoe the last 2 episodes didnt have much romance at all.. knock some sense in some people that the drama is not all about romance . Its about woo young woo.  And im glad peb managed to climb back up the good data chart on its finale.

I saw people complaining about the lack of romance focus in the last few episodes and I was like yes! that's how it should be. Yep, I am glad she climbed back to the top after the final episodes. I am still so mad KTO was #1 for 5 consecutive weeks while she only had it for #3. If he had been #1 for a groundbreaking performance it would have been great but he was #1 for basically being a fine and caring guy in a drama. How can the bare minimum be so exciting to people? Again, I have nothing against KTO, he is a cool person but I will always dislike how the audience's reaction to his bare minimum ended up undermining PEB's mindblowing acting and the overall portrayal of Woo Young Woo. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, yong44 said:

That's why watching group commentary TKA, bring tears to me. They support eo so well. To the point , all of them agreed and hopeful to cast together again.  And byungchan even cried at the end of commentary 

I saw someone mentioning about this in the Twitter too. :please:

Could you please provide more detail about TKA group commentary? (Sorry If it may bother you too much. _/\_)

Yeonmoz is the best because their expressions on their IGs and BTS clips're very precious.

55 minutes ago, PEBunny said:

Let's be honest most people that want S2 want it because they want to see more romance between LJH and WYW. Specifically, they wanna see more of the green flag guy.

I think we all can agree the reason behind why some people are desperate for S2. 

46 minutes ago, yong44 said:

My thoughts exactly. I was like how i wish someone like Rowoon to be there for her. That's why watching group commentary TKA, bring tears to me. They support eo so well. To the point , all of them agreed and hopeful to cast together again.  And byungchan even cried at the end of commentary 

Same thoughts about Rowoon. I knew the TKA squad were close but not to the extent of Byungchan shedding tears. Arrhhh I am going to follow him on Instagram. Hell, I’m following all of them including Kim Taek and Kim Seo Ha.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, yong44 said:

At first when he stuck the first love sticker. Eunbin let it fall . To compare during HWIWOON era, she held it to ensure it stick well. That's why Taeoh said this time don't let if fall. And push a bit harder and eunbin seem getting push or getting uncomfortable thus move to the right. 

Idk who eunbin close to in this drama because i found she's lonely .. maybe jung myung seok or sunshine protector .. she ofc cannot let go the burden but i see the rest also didn't support her to lessen the burden. No words of affirmation and praise etc .during filming. She need emotional support. That's why i think she doesn't deserve to suffer again. She had given her best last time

The way we braincells... Haha... When the sticker fell, I immediately remembered how PEB ensured the sticker remain stuck during HwiWoon era. Also, yep, I noticed she seemed uncomfortable when he pressed the sticker harder for it to stay in place.

Right again. We got almost the same amount of length for Yeonmo bts and EAW bts but it seems she received more emotional support from the YEONMO peeps than EAW... If we compare the BTS. Also, acting as Hwi was equally hard and exhausting yet she nailed it. She not only had to walk and talk like a man, she had to act and look like one. She had to grit her teeth and bring her jaws forward all through the episode to have that manly facial look. That's why Hwi looked kinda different from Dam-I. And yes, TKA crews and co-actors continued praising her. I love that they acknowledge it everytime.

Just like I said about EAW, take away Eun Bin's acting as the main character from TKA and the drama becomes just another drama (not the masterpiece we see now). 

4 minutes ago, MT220214 said:

Same thoughts about Rowoon. I knew the TKA squad was close but not to the extent of Byungchan shedding tears. Arrhhh I am going to follow him on Instagram. Hell, I’m following all of them including Kim Taek and Kim Seo Ha.

Kim Taek and Kim Seo Ha are actually really sweet people... I already follow Taek and will follow Seo Ha now too. I hope they all become successful too. 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, yong44 said:

I want to note that if Rowoon had been in this drama he would probably have been aware of PEB's struggles and also, he never would have directly expressed wanting S2 just because he benefits from the role. 

I think it has been mentioned before but I can't refrain myself to point again that in his japan fanmeeting rowoon said that while they shared their struggles he could understand PEB worries, of course, just to some extent given he is not PEB.  

So I too believe that he would not be feeding the media with a season 2 possibility if he knew that PEB wasn't sure if she would want to continue. They would have discussed it while filming... no...?! About the possibility of a season 2?

Edited by LJ2022

Sorry for this "out of topic":

Yesterday I came across PEB and Rowoon's speech during KBS Awards and of course I already knew that she had said that he was a good partner, but then in one part after they recieved the best couple award she mentioned that "she might have found one of her best parteners to act with", it's something like this, since I don't understand korean I can have misunderstand what she wanted to say....

At first I was like, how thoughtful of her to say that again (since she had already said that, and it had not even passed 5 mins...) But then thinking that she has been acting for 25 years and worked with so many other actors, and knowing that she never says something out of the blue or that she doesn't mean ...  :fullofhearts:

Of course, I'm not saying she doesn't like to work with the others I'm sure she does but it just means he really liked to work with rowoon. 

Oh and also i love how PEB give her words on season 2, and how it will be immensely difficult for her to decide on season 2 compared to the first one given the raised expectations to live up to the first season. 

While, before she said anything, all other were worried about was to wait for KTO to come back. People forgot that for the second season to exist, it all comes to PEB. Shes the main character who played the titular role. Even if the show goes on without KTO, i think it can still be received well. It is just the fans making it look like a tragic saying they are not gonna watch if theres no TO. It really saddens me a bit, its like saying PEB alone is not worth to watch. No respect for her effort at all. 

Yes and i do believe that her relationship with rowoon is more understanding. I dont see rowoon doing what anything to overshadow eunbin during tka aired or after. He mention her a lot and give her credit for her role in TKA.

25 minutes ago, LJ2022 said:

she might have found one of her best parteners to act with",

ohhh can someone confirm or clarify this part of the speech?

18 minutes ago, EBFAN said:

He mention her a lot and give her credit for her role in TKA.

In his last fan meet in Osaka, he said TKA popularity in Japan was due to PEB. He gave her full credit. How awesome is that? No wonder most of his Fantasy fans love him to bits.

:approves:

• Like 3