[Current Drama 2024]Black Out/ Snow White Must Die, 백설공주에게 죽음을- Byun Yo Han, Go Bo Gyeol, Kim Bo Ra-Fri& Sat

larus

T

45 minutes ago, partyon said:

@lebeaucouple Here's the thread. Am sure @joccu would love to have someone to talk to about the drama :heartxoxo:

Thanks so much dear....

This drama is super interesting, with unexpected plot twists. conflicts of interest and psychological war among the characters, need to use our brain juice to guess who is the main suspect or killer for this mystery murder case.

You will love it. I hope you can join our discussion soon...

Byun Yo Han - he is one of my favourite actors , his charm and intellectual plus his acting performance in this drama is super. I watched most of this movie and drama.

For DNA lover, I haven't watched any. I don't follow Siwon's abs but more towards his speaking language in English during his interview. kakaka. And his beard on the lower chin...full of male hormone. Lol 😜

On 8/18/2024 at 5:07 PM, joccu said:

Everyone is suspicious. They could have all done it. Everyone is hiding something. 

I just hope that Su oh is not the culprit. 

I don't think Su Oh is the culprit, he was the one who drew out the picture with a few men in the picture which likely the murder took place that night. So it is probably a group murder which involved many parties including the lady meyer and her husband, the doctor.

In EP4, it is confirmed that the police chief Hyun Koo-Tak had an affair with Hyun Koo-Tak (Bo-Young mother). They both killed Bo Young on that night in their house....there will be more to reveal on EP5, let's see.

Choi Na-Kyeom, who admires Ko Jung-Woo since school day, has her own deep secret for sure, yet to find out.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Blob 1

@lebeaucouple  yeah they had an affair. But did they really kill Bo yeong. I doubt it.  Bo yeong probably found out about the affair the night she die.  

I do wonder how many persons really know who murdered the girls.  Su Oh definitely knows. 

I mean there where four people in the painting and also the victim. 

• Blob 1

MBC's mystery thriller Black Out rose to its highest ratings of 4.6% (nationwide) and 4.4% (metropolitan) for episode 3. It scored nationwide ratings of 2.8% and 2.7% for episodes 1 and 2 respectively. 

jQ3N7z_2f.png

When and where to watch the K-drama Black Out?

Episode 4 of Black Out will air on August 24 (Saturday). The K-drama is currently not available to stream on global OTTs.

https://mydramalist.com/article/bad-memory-eraser-drops-to-lowest-rating-good-partner-goes-steady

MBC's mystery thriller Black Out scored 4.4% for episode 4, close to its previous episode's rating of 4.6%. The K-drama recorded a decent improvement from its premiere week's ratings of 2.8% (episode 1) and 2.7% (episode 2). 

2w5jrw_2f.pngWhen and where to watch the K-drama Black Out?

Episode 5 of Black Out will air on August 30 (Friday). The K-drama is currently not available to stream on global OTTs.

https://mydramalist.com/article/love-next-door-experiences-an-unexpected-ratings-drop

• Like 1

Black Out: Episodes 3-4

by mistyisles

Haunted by the (figurative) ghosts of his dead friends, our protagonist takes up the daunting task of proving his own innocence eleven years after the fact — while shouldering the hatred of nearly everyone around him. The problem is, of course, he doesn’t even know for sure if he is innocent. And even if he is, the potential suspect list in this little town is alarmingly long.

EPISODES 3-4

Maybe it’s just because I want to believe Jung-woo is innocent, but it’s frustrating to see the turn Sang-cheol has taken. Instead of maintaining an outside perspective, Sang-cheol fully sides with the other townsfolk who take every opportunity to spew vitriol in Jung-woo’s face. He doesn’t believe for a moment that Jung-woo doesn’t remember what happened that night, and he shares the general opinion that ten years was far too short a sentence.

Sang-cheol does, however, continue investigating Geum-hee’s fall. By following a trail of CCTVs, he finally determines what happened. Bo-young’s mother, LEE JAE-HEE (Park Mi-hyun), saw Geum-hee buying a new shirt for Jung-woo and called her husband, Dong-min, to rage about it. Dong-min confronted Geum-hee on the overpass and ultimately shoved her off.

Jung-woo comes to the same conclusion by different means and catches Dong-min in the act of burying the coat he wore that day. After reporting their location to Sang-cheol, Jung-woo confronts Dong-min for taking revenge on his mother instead of him directly. There’s a moment or two where it looks like Dong-min might have finally pushed Jung-woo to retaliate, but then Jung-woo sighs and invites Dong-min to just kill him already. Dong-min may be terrified of his daughter’s presumed killer, but he steels himself to do it.

Sang-cheol arrives just in time to stop him, but makes sure to remind Jung-woo that all of this is his fault. In custody, Dong-min proves a tough nut to crack, clearly expecting Chief Hyun to get him off the hook. But either Chief Hyun has no intention of doing so or the other officers’ pressure works — regardless, Chief Hyun stays out of the interrogation, and Sang-cheol finally coaxes a remorseless confession out of Dong-min.

It feels like a breakthrough, but it’s far from the main event that night. Earlier that day, Seol was exploring a nearby village when she happened upon a man whose dog had pulled a bone from a storm drain. Sharp-eyed med student that she is, Seol immediately recognized it as a human bone and took it to Byung-mu for testing.

Thanks to the Dong-min situation, Jung-woo is at the police station when Byung-mu confirms that Seol identified the bone correctly. Jung-woo follows her outside to ask where it was found, and though she admits she’s scared of him, she shows him the spot and even gives him an extra flashlight. Jung-woo searches every drainpipe and manhole in the area, and in the very last one — beneath an abandoned school — he finds a skeleton with Bo-young’s school uniform nametag.

Up top, Seol somehow snaps a photo of the nametag and reports it to the police. When Sang-cheol descends into the manhole and finds Jung-woo sobbing and reaching toward the skeleton, he interprets it as Jung-woo trying to destroy evidence. And proceeds to punch the daylights out of him. And pull a gun on him. It’s all very dramatic, and Sang-cheol doesn’t seem to notice or care that Jung-woo can barely process anything through his grief.

Once the rest of the police force arrive, Sang-cheol hauls Jung-woo away for questioning… at the warehouse, not the police station. There, they go through the same cycle again of Sang-cheol screaming at Jung-woo and Jung-woo insisting he’s innocent. In desperation, Jung-woo promises Sang-cheol can go ahead and kill him — as long as he helps Jung-woo find the real murderer first. Sang-cheol still refuses to listen, so Jung-woo decides his only hope is to hunt for evidence himself.

He starts with his own patchy memories. Before they’d fought — the last time he remembers seeing her — Bo-young had been sitting in his car crying, something she never did even after suffering physical abuse at her father’s hands. What’s more, his car had been almost out of gas at the time. Her blood was found in the car after the fact, so whomever committed the murders would have had to fill it up before transporting her body. But since Jung-woo kept the key in an unlocked drawer in the warehouse, anyone could have swiped it. He tries talking to his friend SHIN MIN-SOO (Lee Woo-je) about it, but Min-soo gets weirdly dodgy about whether any of their friend group might have gone to the warehouse without Jung-woo that night, and leaves in a huff.

Meanwhile, now that he’s had time to cool off, Sang-cheol starts thinking a bit more rationally about Jung-woo’s case. Say what you will about how he treats criminals (and alleged criminals), but he knows how to get people to talk when he’s not beating them to a pulp. With seemingly casual questions and a pinch of flattery, he gets the other officers to elaborate on the (very rushed) investigation process, including the clue that put the target on Jung-woo’s back. Da-eun had called her mother from the warehouse, and Jung-woo had been heard in the background of the call, arguing with Da-eun and then full-on attacking her and making her scream. Which, yikes, that is rather damning. And yet, something about the investigation just doesn’t quite add up for Sang-cheol, not even with the extra tidbit that Chief Hyun pressured Jung-woo to confess so his sentence would be reduced from twenty years to ten.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/08/black-out-episodes-3-4/

• Blob 1

On 8/25/2024 at 11:55 PM, joccu said:

@lebeaucouple  yeah they had an affair. But did they really kill Bo yeong. I doubt it.  Bo yeong probably found out about the affair the night she die.  

I do wonder how many persons really know who murdered the girls.  Su Oh definitely knows. 

I mean there where four people in the painting and also the victim. 

Today Ep5 was even getting me into nerve...the 1st male lead is living in hell and nobody helps him , he was unjustly accused and made me continued to be upset for today EP.

My guess for the suspects of the two murders:

Sim Bo-Young's death - probably the root cause of the death by her own mother Lee Jae-Hee and the chief policer Hyun Koo-Tak because of their hidden affair. But who really killed Bo Young and moved her body to another village on that night, still yet to find. Her mother and the chief officer were really evil.

Park Da-Eun's death - probably it is the responsibility by the lady mayor Ye Young-Sil and her husband doctor Park Hyeong-Sik, because they both received the threatening msg about the killing in the past.

I am sure the whole villagers also be the part of the responsibility more or less involved of both girls' death. The evil of human nature. 

The 2nd lead detective officer who always punch the male lead and never gave him 2nd chance of explaining, even after he came out from 10 year of prison. It is obviously very discrimination for those who release from the prison.  Anger is purest form of emotion filled with rage and hatred...but why the 2nd lead detective officer was so upset with the 1st male lead unless his wife's death had a same situation - murdered by someone in the past. We need to get more backstory for the 2nd lead.

I felt sad for the male lead was unjustly accused and he was so miserable after released from the prison. He has no enough supporter, even often looked down by the villagers. Is it too extreme for a Korean context, probably yes, just because it happened in the village or small town that there is no proper control? 

Rumours is contagious and can be exaggerated, especially in small town, not all people are educated or have critical thinking. Only the higher person in power control can manipulate the situation. Most of the senior villagers puts on a mask, covering their motive and selfish act...probably only Su-O and  Ha Seol and 2nd male lead can help him.

Hyun Su-O released from the hospital was another twist at the end of the EP, what a surprise, I am waiting for the next EP to be out soon....getting excited....

You mentioned you have read through the novel, was it good? and how was the ending? Disappointed? I hope the 1st male lead can clear his name at the end....:)  😊

• Like 1

@lebeaucouple  the Novel was really good.  In the novel the only thing I really hated was the cops. 
in the novel we had two out town cops. 

it is interesting see to how close they are going to follow the novel. 

nobody is helping him and wanting him gone is bc he is reminder of the past wrong doing’s. 

Su oh is really interesting character. Hope he can help our main lead.  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 1:44 PM, joccu said:

@lebeaucouple  the Novel was really good.  In the novel the only thing I really hated was the cops. 
in the novel we had two out town cops. 

it is interesting see to how close they are going to follow the novel. 

nobody is helping him and wanting him gone is bc he is reminder of the past wrong doing’s. 

Su oh is really interesting character. Hope he can help our main lead.  

I Agreed. I dislike the cops too, especially the chief officer, the twin's father.

Surprisingly, Su Wu finally had a twin brother and finally confessed to the 1st male lead.

Bo-young's father doesn't seem to know the whole truth. A drunken and impulsive old man. His acting skills are so good.

Today's episode I got a few more clues as to what's going on with these two girls...

Park Da Eun's death most likely caused by the doctor, who may have raped and killed her that night. The few old villagers are accomplices in covering up the truth.

Who sent the threatening messages to doctors...

Probably Park Da Eun has not died yet (?), she is only missing, I suspect Park Da Eun's old friend, the 1st female lead, might be the one who sent it........

So far, do you think the Korean plot is consistent with the original novel, or is there a big deviation?

• Like 1

@lebeaucouple  the story so far has been pretty much the same as the novel. 

there´s been couple changes. 

Jeong woo father was alive in the novel. He died in the middle of the story. 

also in the novel whe has two out town cops and here we only have one. 

• Thanks 1

we had seven friends + su oh. 

One ended in prison. two ended up dead(one body found, another still missing). 

SU oh who probably witnessed one murder but is suffering somekind of mental illness. 

su oh twin broher who is definitely somehow involved. I mean he is drinking and using drugs. 

And then we have the last three friends.  One who seems to find her happiness in acting. the most innocent but looks most suspicious. 

The Nurse. Hate him. No one is that positive all the time. He looks so fake. 

the cop friend. wants to help but does he really? hiding something. 

Also some of the parents. Why would they want to kill Jeong Woo.  BO yeong was not their kid. 

I get Bo yeong Father but killing is never the answer. Luckily he has finally got his brain working.

• Love 1

Black Out: Episodes 5-6

by mistyisles

New details about the murders come to light, with startling implications — and yet, most people in this town seem determined to sweep it all back under the rug. But the tide turns when a familiar face shows up, ready to drag long-buried secrets back into the light.

EPISODES 5-6

When Jae-hee says she and Chief Hyun killed Bo-young, she means it in the sense that they were two of the last people to see her alive. They had been having an affair, and Bo-young had walked in on them that fateful day, only to run away in angry tears once she realized what was going on. (Which also explains her crying in Jung-woo’s car not long after.) Now, Jae-hee threatens to reveal the affair to the whole town unless Chief Hyun releases Dong-min from custody and drops the charges against him for pushing Geum-hee off the overpass. Chief Hyun stalls for a bit, but ultimately complies.

Meanwhile, Sang-cheol and Jung-woo (separately, of course) reinvestigate the timeline of events from the night of the murders and arrive at the same crucial conclusion. Based on the times of Bo-young and Da-eun’s deaths and the distance from the warehouse to the school where Bo-young’s remains were found, Jung-woo theoretically could have killed one of the girls — but not both.

Jung-woo latches onto the fact that this disproves at least some of his (coerced) confession, while Sang-cheol doubles down on the possibility that Jung-woo could still have been an accomplice. In fact, Sang-cheol doubles down so hard that he dismisses 1) Jung-woo’s realization that whoever disposed of Bo-young’s body knew they had just enough fuel to get to the school and back and 2) Seol’s realization that Su-oh witnessed the murder. While condescendingly brushing off the latter, Sang-cheol also makes sure to toss in some casual insults about Su-oh’s intelligence, because he’s prejudiced like that.

Still, Jung-woo keeps trying to convince Sang-cheol to reopen the case, even as Sang-cheol keeps telling him to get lost. On one occasion, Jung-woo helps Sang-cheol fight off a group of thugs looking for a fight to pick, but Sang-cheol just yells at him for interfering.

That happens to be the night Dong-min gets released. To no one’s surprise, Dong-min immediately procures a gun and tells Jung-woo to come home and face him. Sang-cheol follows Jung-woo and arrives just in time to hear the gunshots. Fortunately, Dong-min fired most of his bullets into the wall instead of Jung-woo, so the worst of the damage is a surface wound on Jung-woo’s forehead.

For once, Sang-cheol acknowledges that Jung-woo wasn’t the aggressor here. He even bandages Jung-woo’s head and stays the night in case Dong-min comes back. Then, after finding himself on the receiving end of jeers from a couple of highschoolers who mistake him for Jung-woo, Sang-cheol actually listens to some of what Jung-woo has to say. Sang-cheol still isn’t keen to work with Jung-woo, but he does continue investigating and putting pressure on Chief Hyun to reopen the case.

Through Jung-woo’s attempts to explain himself and Seol’s fruitless attempts to visit Su-oh at the hospital, we finally learn a bit more about Da-eun. It’s been hinted that she and Jung-woo were dating and that she was rumored to be cheating on him (that’s what Jung-woo and Bo-young fought about in his car), but now we learn that Da-eun had some kind of relationship with Hyung-shik. It’s possible she was simply his patient, but the way she kept count of their meetings suggests otherwise. As do the present-day anonymous text messages accusing him of murder.

In the midst of all this, a new character (re-)enters the narrative and shakes everything up with his presence alone. He’s Su-oh’s identical twin brother, GEON-OH, and a bunch of people are absolutely terrified of him. But it’s not the same contemptuous fear that they have for Jung-woo. Instead, they greet Geon-oh with over-the-top enthusiasm and nervous laughter, like he might explode in their faces at any moment.

On the surface, Geon-oh seems every bit the loose cannon. He’s perpetually drinking and/or drunk; he’s on the no-fly list for illicit drug use (interesting, considering he just flew back from the U.S.); and he radiates Dangerous Energy. Upon learning that Geon-oh has returned, Chief Hyun immediately tries to ship him back overseas without anyone else knowing he was here.

But Geon-oh has his reasons for being here, and the more we see of him, the more it seems he’s only a danger to those who know what happened eleven years ago. He calls Byung-mu and Min-soo shameless for becoming a police officer and nurse, respectively, and they in turn scramble to get him away from Bo-young’s parents before he can explain why he’s back in town. What’s more, he greets Jung-woo with a gigantic hug, just like Su-oh did, and an apology for coming so late. And then he delivers something that has been buried in Su-oh’s greenhouse for years: Bo-young’s backpack.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2024/09/black-out-episodes-5-6/

• Like 2

Today EP7 is one of the best ep that I liked, the confrontation by Jian woo and the betrayal of his two old buddies, it made me even more curious on how and why they murdered Bo-Young  that night?

Of course their parents were trying to cover up for their children on that night..

I want to know what is the dark secret for 1st female lead, Choi Na-Kyeom, hopefully will reveal soon

The only minor flaw is, how could the second male lead detective get the DNA report so quickly within a few hours? 😃 From what I understand, it would take at least 1 or 2 weeks or even longer based on lab standard procedures, and the lab's current backlog may make this turnaround time even longer. Even using the authority power of detective, it is too expensive and requires too many technical steps and the use of advanced equipment. 😄But I can live with this minor flaw because shortening this timeline would have made the subsequent plot more intense, especially the car chases.. 😜

Waiting anxiously for tonight EP8 ....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, joccu said:

@lebeaucouple  ep 7 was amazing.   

The friends real faces are coming out.  

What I want to see is Bo yeong parents reactions especially her Father reaction.  he is already smelling that something is fishy.

Yessss...I was wondering what would be their response when they knew that the real murderer was not Jung-Woo.

My own guessing only :

1. The two male friends plus Jian Woo were responsible for the Bo Young's death. But how exactly it happened, we haven't figured out yet, which makes us feel a little frustrated with the plot, as there are too many obstacles and only two people genuinely can help in this drama, the single force is too weak ....

2. The first female lead, the actress, Choi Na-Kyeom might be responsible for Park Da-Eun's death because she is hiding something that night.

The two death incidents occurred in different locations that night.

I must give applause to the writer and director as it made the plots so intense and successfully created a cliffhanger at every ep.

@lilyphenix Welcome you to join us and share your views if you are still watching this drama 🥰 

• Like 2

Ep 8: 

the friend’s answers. Awful. How can they blame Jung woo if they are the one who 

Spoiler

R**ed. I just don’t get the logic. 

I mean I get why Beung mu would be jealous of his friend but to do that and then say it was bc of you! Who in the right mind would say that. Own up your own crimes. Don’t try to get away with anything. 

Na Kyeom is definitely involved. Was she jealous of both girls?  

the weird part is that she kind of looks like Da eun. 

Geun Oh. He was haunted by past crimes. No wonder he was always drunk and used pills. He wanted just to sleep and forget everything that happened with BY.
Why didn’t his father let him confess. If he did 

Spoiler

Geun oh would be probably still alive. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joccu said:

Ep 8: 

the friend’s answers. Awful. How can they blame Jung woo if they are the one who 

Hide contents

R**ed. I just don’t get the logic. 

I mean I get why Beung mu would be jealous of his friend but to do that and then say it was bc of you! Who in the right mind would say that. Own up your own crimes. Don’t try to get away with anything. 

Geun Oh. He was haunted by past crimes. No wonder he was always drunk and used pills. He wanted just to sleep and forget everything that happened with BY.
Why didn’t his father let him confess. If he did 

Yes, both of Jung Woo's friends are "horrible creatures"...keep saying: "ALL because of YOU"...passing the blame to him and never feeling any guilt for the murder even with the clear DNA evidence given. This makes us feel so frustrated with these characters... only Jianyu, the drunk boy, is filled with guilt. It truly reflects the ugly side of human nature. When his two friends lied, cheated, acted impulsively, it was caused by their deep down inferior to Jung Woo's handsome appearance and his family background, and the remarks made that night were provoked by Bo Young.

The essence of the story is telling us that: Selfishness means survival. In order to cover up their mistakes and to survive, their true color came out, have to be selfish and to protect themselves not to disclose everything to Jung Woo. And it’s not limited only to “bad” people after all, this is the game which all people play : We are selfish by nature, in order to survive.

About your question why didn't his father let him confess? It was obvious that his father was the one who manipulated the past evidence and put Jung Woo into jail for 10 years so that his son could get away from the murder. He was part of the responsibility of Bo Young's death because Bo Young found out his affairs with her mom. On the surface, he was kind to Jung Woo, and Jung Woo respected him alot in the past but in actual fact, he was not. So again, no one likes a hypocrite, yet most of the time, there are plenty out there because of selfishness in order to survive.

I feel bad for Jung Woo who went to jail for 10 years for being unjustly accused, he is a miserable man but the reply he got from his friends was just: "It's all because of YOU..." This came to him is so unfair. 10 years have passed...how many more 10 years can there be in life? 😢

• Love 1

@lebeaucouple  You know i do kind of get why he didn´t let Geon oh to confess. I mean if he did let him confess he would lose his job and probably end up in prison but is that worse than losing your own son. 

Parents always tries to protect they children but they should also teach them that if they do something wrong there are consequences. like what would children learn if they don´t get punished if they do wrong. 

This been really good drama so far. It gets you think about lot of stuff. 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, joccu said:

@lebeaucouple 

This been really good drama so far. It gets you think about lot of stuff. 

Yes...not just the intense plot, it also exposes the dark side of humanity. It has profound meaning too.

Majority of the parents will try to cover up their children's mistake, this behaviour is out of selfishness by nature, while only the minority will know what work best for their children to admit their mistakes and face the consequences.

There is this Kdrama "Your Honour" also has the same scenario, the father went all the way to protect and cover up his son's mistake but facing the huge consequences more than he could handle. Very interesting story too.

The most challenging question is whether we think critically when we are at a cross junction....

These two kdrama are currently my favourite drama to watch.

• Like 1