[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

The Q&A videos...

Oh, MuYeong was imprisoned as a stone in S1... and his blood is unique...  

On 4/21/2023 at 1:11 PM, larus said:

She was not his type. Beside, who will resist in a relationship with a bossy woman  like her? 

Mu Yeong... ?..  after all he is a tiger....  :D

Im curious..what is in the box... 

I thought maybe there were wedding rings she had prepared for LY..I would totally expect that from her...  :D

but the box is too big...   

d026Wg_2f.png

• Like 1

Kim So Yeon Undergoes Dramatic Transformation For “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

20230421023355_kim-so-yeon3.jpeg?s=900x6

Apr 23, 2023
by M. Kang

tvN’s “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has revealed its first look at Kim So Yeon’s character!

Starring Lee Dong WookJo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

Kim So Yeon will star as Ryu Hong Joo, once Mountain Goddess of the West and now owner of a top-scale restaurant. Along with Yi Yeon, she used to be one of the four guardian spirits who ruled over the Korean peninsula. She harnesses magnificent powers and her nature is similar to that of a Eurasian eagle owl, the king of the wild. Her sharp gaze is easily noticeable in the set of stills released, which feature her in several ravishing outfits and a mischievous smile.

kim-so-yeon2.jpeg

The actress, who previously shared that she is a fan of the series, commented, “I am overjoyed to join the ‘Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938’ team, and I am very excited for the upcoming broadcast. Personally, I’m a fan of fantasy, so when I got the offer, I happily accepted it without thinking twice. I really wanted to give it a go.”

kim-so-yeon1.jpeg

She further described her role Ryu Hong Joo by saying, “She’s a multi-faceted character. She’s shrewd and bold but so very lovable. As she is already aware, she is pretty. She also puts up a good fight and has incredible strength. I dilligently attended action classes to pull off the action scenes at the beginning of the series. I’m hoping that the scenes turned out well.”

Spoiler

kim-so-yeon.jpeg

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.” Check out another teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1581611wpp/kim-so-yeon-undergoes-dramatic-transformation-for-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 11:51 AM, rocher22 said:

Mu Yeong... ?..  after all he is a tiger....

MuYoung could be her type. Especially the Moo Young from the future, who has dared to stole the sacred stone. That`s bold and she can apreciate someone like this. She herself broke many rules/ taboos. But man..... why you waited so many centuries and not confess? Doesn`t make any sense. Mu Young from the past lack maturity/ self confidence and boldness to be on her radar. He was her gentle friend. I bet she never thought he could be a possibility of a romantic partner and he never said anything. :D

She set her eyes on Lee Yeon. A goddess is liking him and he is waiting for a human to reincarnate. Plus the complication to have a partner from different worlds. But that`s it.  They said that Lee Rang has less skills in dating but all four mountain gods (I don`t know about Bear) have been disastrous in the romance department. At least I admire Hong Joo that she confessed even if she got rejected. As I said,  I totally understand Hong Joo to want a partner from her world. But to still obssess over an unrequited love for so long....:crazy: Well, it is hard to be a deity too. You don`t find a romantic partner as your equal so easily. :D

Who else is there? I don`t think Moon Bear is compatible with Hong Joo (in terms of personality ). I saw him in the scene in Season 1. He is so calm and collected attitude, he is an introvert. She is the opposite. Extrovert, she doesn`t have patience, she is passionate and competitive, an action woman. They are like water and fire.

Aren`t there other deities over there worth Hong Joo`s love?

I hope Mu Young from the future spends less time killing Lee Yeon from the future and concentrate in Mu Young from the past, changing his pathetic love life. Man yourself up! :w00t:  But I am curious why the need to go on the past to revenge on Lee Yeon. It was an accident that they arrived in 1938?  I can`t understand right now. There has to be another reason for the time travel. We`ll see.

On 4/23/2023 at 11:51 AM, rocher22 said:

I thought maybe there were wedding rings she had prepared for LY..I would totally expect that from her...  :D

but the box is too big...   

It could be the box where she keeps her wedding ring. :w00t: Maybe she found a box in the train and put the ring there to make a dramatic marriage proposal. If it is a  wedding ring box I will die laughing. :w00t: Or it's a cigar box? I am curious too. I have a feeling is the ring box.

@rocher22, I have a question. The mountain gods are immortal beings. They don`t age and they could live thousand of years. But in what circumstances they could die? They are powerful and they can defeat the other creatures but if they do not defend themselves (for exemple) they could be injured and die? Or they could be defeated only by superior deities?  I don`t fully understand the situation.

5 hours ago, larus said:

@rocher22, I have a question. The mountain gods are immortal beings. They don`t age and they could live thousand of years. But in what circumstances they could die? They are powerful and they can defeat the other creatures but if they do not defend themselves (for exemple) they could be injured and die? Or they could be defeated only by superior deities?  I don`t fully understand the situation.

Im not sure but I dont think they are immortal (S1) :unsure: Lee Rang is half-human so he is certainly not immortal.

I think when they fight each other they can be killed. Their superiors can punish and imprison them.

On 4/23/2023 at 3:05 PM, larus said:

But man..... why you waited so many centuries and not confess? Doesn`t make any sense. 

It seems that even the birds on the branch knew that she was in love with LY. :D

Thats why MY kept quiet. 

On 4/23/2023 at 3:05 PM, larus said:

But I am curious why the need to go on the past to revenge on Lee Yeon. It was an accident that they arrived in 1938?  I can`t understand right now. There has to be another reason for the time travel. We`ll see.

I wonder what MY's behavior was that Tulipa had to chase him down and turn him into a stone pillar. 

12 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Im not sure but I dont think they are immortal (S1) :unsure: Lee Rang is half-human so he is certainly not immortal.

I think when they fight each other they can be killed. Their superiors can punish and imprison them.

The mountain gods are immortals but probably they lost some powers when they step down from that role. (Mountain Spirit it's a purpose, it is the abstract good ( a spiritual apprehension of knowledge inaccessible to the human knowleage)so it is not just a job who anyone can leave). But we have to follow the narative of the drama/ writer. The drama said that all three are former mountain gods. That can explain their powers and weaknesses too. They are not unbeatable, especially if their oponent are other mystical creatures.

12 hours ago, rocher22 said:

It seems that even the birds on the branch knew that she was in love with LY. :D

Thats why MY kept quiet. 

:w00t: Oh, yeah... Everyone knows that Hong Joo has a crush on Lee Yeon. When they were mountains dieties Mu Young loved both of them and could not confess. But lots of time passed since then. He also knew (even from those times ) that Lee Yeon rejected her. He had pleanty of time to make a move. :D  I understand that she is an intimidating woman but I wish he could be more confident/ stronger.

Mu Young was turned into a stone pillar? I wonder what he did. Why she did not sent him to Hell (to punish him)? 

• Like 1

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ Kim Bum “Actually, I was more affectionate than anyone else”

optimize

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Kim Beom returns as a half-man, half-ho with ever-changing charm.

On the 25th, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938', which will be broadcast for the first time on May 6th, released the first still cut of Lee Rang (played by Kim Bum), whose dramatic and dramatic charms catch the eye. We are looking forward to his intense comeback, which will show everything from wild nature to sophisticated modern boy.

‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’ is a K-fantasy action action drama about Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a ‘nine-tailed fox’ who made an emergency landing in the chaotic era of 1938 to return to the modern age. It returns in three years with more dynamic action, expanded scale, and characters from colorful tales on top of an original world view that exquisitely weaves indigenous gods and native monsters. The reunion of director Kang Shin-hyo and writer Han Woo-ri, who showed the essence of 'K-Fantasy' and received great love from viewers, as well as the meeting of actors who have been loved by viewers, such as Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Beom, and Ryu Kyung-soo, stimulate anticipation.

Kim Bum is Lee Yeon's younger brother and plays an active role in Season 2 as the half-human, half-fox born between a human and a nine-tailed fox. In the last season, Yi-yeon hated Yi-yeon to death due to a long misunderstanding, but in the end, he sacrificed his life for his older brother, causing viewers to feel sorry for him. However, as Lee Yeon makes an emergency landing in 1938, the brothers reunite from the past. The upgraded chemistry of Lee Dong-wook and Kim Bum, who predicted another 'hateful' romance, is expected to be another point of observation.

Meanwhile, Lee Rang, captured in 1938, further amplifies curiosity. The first thing that draws attention is Lee Rang as the ‘boss of the bandits’. Wildness overflows in the long loosely tied hair and fiercely raised eyes. Although he is passing through the middle of a period of rebellion like this, he has a consistent corner of him who cherishes only his puppies even though he has a tough face in the world.

‘Modern Boy’, who has a completely opposite atmosphere, is also interesting. Wearing a neat shirt instead of a leather jacket and boldly trimming his hair, his visual is the handsome man of the time. I wonder what is the reason he has come to such a dramatic turning point, and what kind of narrative he will draw with Lee Yeon in his welcome return.

Kim Beom said, "I'm so glad to greet you again with 'Lee Rang'. He likes the ‘Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox’ series more than anyone else, and as one of the people who waited for the broadcast, he was very excited.”

Regarding the point of differentiation that can only be met in 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938', he hinted, "Lee Rang of that era shows a side that could not be seen in modern times." However, in fact, he was originally a person with a friendly heart more than anyone else. In ‘The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938’, the relationship between the characters of the time when Rang gave affection to them comes out. I think that part will be a new look,” he added, raising expectations.

Meanwhile, tvN's new Saturday and Sunday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on May 6, following 'Pandora: Fabricated Paradise'.

http://m.sportsworldi.com/view/20230425504147

https://www.news1.kr/articles/?5026235

Love the new LY poster... but, he is also carrying a box  just like HJ...

it is not clear whether LR is holding a book or a box in the new stills.. :D

I noticed LY was still wearing his wedding ring...  :unsure:

so funny...

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Love the new LY poster... but, he is also carrying a box  just like HJ...

it is not clear whether LR is holding a book or a box in the new stills.. 

It could be a book but I think it is a box. The box is nicer than Hong Joo`s box. :D

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I noticed LY was still wearing his wedding ring...  :unsure:

Yes, he is wearing the wedding ring but I think it is normal. When he hugged his brother, I noticed  he was wearing more than his wedding ring. Does he like jewelries?

The meme/gif is funny. Yes, he won`t have wi fi, smartphones and internet either.

• Like 1

Episode 1 preview

New information:

Lee Yeon looks for a character called Dong Bang Sak for help to save Lee Rang. Dong Bang Sak strikes a deal that Yeon has to give whatever he picks in exchange for saving Rang. Yeon picks the Wooruri Sword, which he has to steal from 1938 Lee Yeon.

source

Spoiler

Now... It makes sense. Moo Young from the future did not send Lee yeon to 1938. He has a reason to be there, he has stollen the stone for something. Lee Yeon followed the Masked Man there because of Taluipa`s order to bring back the stone. Mu Young just doesn`t allow Lee Yeon to return to modern age and there will be confrontation.

• Like 1

Group picture from the first script reading.

It looks like there will see the young Lee Yeon. That`s interesting. I like to see the backstoriesof mountains gods and how Lee Yeon became a mountain god.

Lee Dong-wook, 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' poster behind the scenes revealed... 'Lee Yeon's sharp beauty'

cms_temp_article_26174638346091.jpeg

The charismatic visuals of actor Lee Dong-wook, who foreshadowed his return to the sharp 'Lee Yeon', are attracting attention as they are revealed along with the behind-the-scenes scenes.

On the 26th, King Kong by Starship released behind-the-scenes cuts from actor Lee Dong-wook's tvN new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' through their official channel.

In the published photo, Lee Dong-wook is radiating a perfect aura as if possessed by the character 'Lee Yeon'. The sharp eyes that shine along with the sculptural visuals against the backdrop of an antique set capture the hearts of the viewers at once.

cms_temp_article_26174643975699.jpeg

In addition, along with the playful appearance in the poster of the brothers with Beom Kim (played by Lee Rang), and the elegant coolness in the poster filmed with So-yeon Kim (played by Hong-joo Ryu) and Kyung-soo Ryu (played by Moo-young Cheon), who are 'Mountain Gods/Sanshin', reality and works are captured. The perfect concept acting ability also shines through and attracts attention.

`The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' starring Lee Dong-wook is about Lee yeon (Lee Dong-wook), who had a happy ending with her 'eternal first love' Nam Ji-ah (Jo Bo-ah) after becoming a human, crash-landed in 1938 in an era of chaos and returned to the modern world. It is a K-fantasy action action drama.

Spoiler

cms_temp_article_26174641113899.jpeg

news-p.v1.20230426.2cc87f99d67e4e3d864f8

news-p.v1.20230426.561077c0f8d045c5ae1c2

news-p.v1.20230426.2cc87f99d67e4e3d864f8

news-p.v1.20230426.189f82d44421428d8051d

Meanwhile, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' starring Lee Dong-wook will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on May 6th.

https://www.etnews.com/20230426000331

https://sports.khan.co.kr/entertainment/sk_index.html?art_id=202304261046003&sec_id=540101

by Lily Alice, April 26, 2023
5 0

While we wait for the release of the fantasy K-drama, tvN has unveiled episode 1 preview for Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 which takes the viewers into the world of deities, monsters, and diverse characters from Korean folklore. 

In the preview, Lee Yeon(Lee Dong Wook) tells shaman Taluipa (Kim Jung Nan), "I'll do whatever grandmother tells me to do". And that leads him to the year 1938, where he has to find the guardian stone and return before time runs out. In the era, Lee Yeon encounters numerous enemies who will leave no stone unturned to take him down. He also reunites with his former friends Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon) and Cheon Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo), who treat him like a child, saying, "You are still adorable." 

While he is on his quest, Lee Yeon's plans go awry when his younger brother Lee Rang (Kim Bum) is attacked by a man in a red and white mask. To save him, Lee Yeon seeks out a mysterious man who proposes a deal, saying the gumiho must bring back an item that can be exchanged for his brother's life. Unfortunately, the item is in the hands of depressed Lee Yeon of 1938, who has come apart at the seams by longing for his love Ah Reum. 

Thus, a battle between Lee Yeon and his past self begins, giving way to fiery conflicts and unexpected twists. If this wasn't enough, additional troubles further weigh down the gumiho when a voice warns him, "You will forever be trapped in the past and watch everything you hold dear perish".

When and where to watch the K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938?

Episode 1 of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will be released on May 6. The K-drama will be available to stream on Prime Video. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-dong-wook-is-knee-deep-in-troubles-in-the-preview-of-episode-1-of-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

Gumiho Lee Dong-wook, Time to Hunt (The Tale of a Gumiho 1938)

image_readtop_2023_321226_16824847225446

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Lee Dong-wook's hunt to protect precious things begins.

tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (directed by Kang Shin-hyo, screenwriter Han Woo-ri) released a preview video for the first episode on the 26th, showing Lee Yeon (played by Lee Dong-wook) caught up in an unavoidable fight in an era of chaos.

The combination of director Kang Shin-hyo and writer Han Woo-ri, who showed the essence of 'K-fantasy' in the previous season, guarantees perfection. Here, the meeting of actors who believe and see, such as Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung-soo, makes viewers more excited.

The first preview video released on this day catches the eye with a sense of immersion without taking your eyes off. Lee Yeon, who declared with his own mouth, “I will do anything my grandmother tells me to do,” to the dressing-up group (played by Kim Jeong-nan). As a result, he arrived in 1938, where numerous enemies greeted him. It is enough to sweep away the army that dares to spread freely in Joseon, but for some reason, the existence of old friends Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon) and Chun Moo-young (Ryu Kyung-soo), who treat him like a child, saying, “You are still cute?”

All plans go awry when Lee Rang (played by Kim Bum), a younger brother whom he met again from the past, is attacked by Hongbaek Tal. Yi-yeon goes to the mysterious man to save him. The man proposes a trade to bring an item that will be exchanged for life. However, unfortunately, the place where the goods are is the 'worst place' that Lee Yeon assures, right in the hands of 'Lee Yeon', who exists in 1938.

The confrontation between Lee Yeon and Lee Yeon, which started like that, is literally sparking. However, someone's voice saying, "You'll be stuck in the past forever, and you'll see everything you care about die," makes us guess that even this crisis was someone's plan. Whether Yiyeon will be able to keep his promise of “Hyung will never give up on you”, attention is focused on his fight that will begin again in a new era.

tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on Saturday, May 6, following 'Pandora: Fabricated Paradise'.