[Drama 2023] Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938,구미호뎐1938

larus

I am glad they release the first script reading today.

The Tou Tube video is not available in my country.  :(  link

Lee Yeon: I already have a wife!!

Hong Ju: Your wife has died!! 

Lee Rang: Is she an ally or an enemy?

Hong Ju: Yes, I'm going to be your sister in law

OK, so the character descriptions that were published by mistake few months ago seems to be true. I hope they don`t insist about Hong Joo`s obsessions to have Lee Yeon. I expect more from her. Perhaps this is just for comic and they didn`t take it too seriously.

They all look good.

• Like 1

This is the confirmation that Hong Joo is an eagle owl. The leaked character descriptions were correct.

roles: kim soyeon as ryu hong ju, the mistress of myo yeon public house the main body : an eagle owl (previous west mountain god)

Kim Yong Ji cut

WATCH: Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Kim So Yeon and more gather for Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 script reading

tvN released the script reading session for the upcoming fantasy drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938.

Written by Anoushka Mathew   |  Published on Apr 01, 2023   |  03:15 PM IST  |  23K

1897280139_leedongwook_1280*720.jpg

On April 1, tvN released the video and photos of the Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 script reading starring Lee Dong Wook, Kim Bum, Kim So Yeon and more! The caption says, “With the gumiho brothers we met again. The new chemistry of the new attractive characters. The Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 Script reading site revealed!” We are able to see the chemistry between Lee Dong Wook and Kim Bum again while Kim So Yeon is a welcomed addition to the team! The drama will begin on May 6! 

Previously, tvN released the first teaser for the drama starring Lee Dong Wook. The first teaser video released raises expectations for the 'K-fantasy action' that has returned even more thrillingly. Lee Yeon gets caught up in an unexpected incident and travels back to 1938 in modern times. The meaningful narration, “The whole world I belong to, has begun to twist,” added to Lee Yeon’s hot action that turned Kyungsong upside down, makes us guess the unusual change that has come to him. Attention is focusing on what kind of activity Lee Yeon, who made an emergency landing in the era of chaos, will bring excitement and excitement to viewers. As the stage has changed, the unique action and style of Gumiho Lee Yeon, unfolding the expanded worldview, and the more spectacular development further stimulate the anticipation psychology. 

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' is a K-fantasy action drama about Lee Yeon, a nine-tailed fox who made an emergency landing in 1938 in an era of chaos to return to the modern age. It has returned after three years with more dynamic action, scale, and colorful characters in an original world view that exquisitely weaves indigenous gods and native monsters. The reunion of director Kang Shin Hyo and writer Han Woo Ri, who showed the power of the well-made complex genre, as well as the meeting of trustworthy actors such as Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, and Ryu Kyung Soo, are raising the expectations of drama fans.

So, Hongju is pretty but she can fight....she stopped the train and LY said that she is the  most 

powerful of all four deities...:unsure:

Im sure she wont just chase after LY...I like that she is loud...:D

''the sword as large as a house''... :o 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

So, Hongju is pretty but she can fight....she stopped the train and LY said that she is the  most 

powerful of all four deities...

All four dieties have different powers and all of them are powerful. The most powerful? I don`t know.... I assume all have strenght and weaknesses. The power came from how old they are? Hong Joo must be the oldest.

I like that all four mountain gods are diffrent animals: fox, bear, tiger and eagle owl. Hong Joo is the only bird.  She dominates the sky. I assume she has the Air/wind power? The tiger has the Fire. Lee Yeon has the Water? And Bear has the Earth? The classical / primary four elements?

1 hour ago, rocher22 said:

''the sword as large as a house''... :o

So Yeon has low physical strength. It was hard for her to do the action scenes. I remember how she said that the director was considerate and prepared a lighter sword but it was still heavy for her. She brought herself a lighter sword but it broke after the second day of filming. Poor So Yeon! :D  I hope we`ll have behind the scenes videos.

• Like 1

Yeon (Y): Rang ah!

Rang (R): Lee Yeon?

Y: You are alive like this in this era! 

R: DIE!!

Y: This is called a , I'll give it to you.

R: Why are you inside this thing?

Lee Yeon comes with 21st century technology in 1938. :w00t: 

The gumiho brothers will reunite in 1938 and Lee Yeon help his brother this time, something he did not do in in the past. I wonder if their relationship will change in 1938, the future will be somehow changed, if Lee Rang will survive. 

From the first script reading video it looks like the leaked material (character descriptions) was true. I can`t wait to see the official material.

It is a 12 episodes drama with a lot of action scenes and moster/folklore theme so there is not much time to deveop many characters. I understand the obsession of Hong Joo over Lee Yeon but as I said it before, I hope the writer used it carefully. Hong Joo is a powerful godess and have a strong personality so it is hard for her to find a male romantic partner. Usually, the strong women in end up alone. I hope the writer will capitalize this story. Hong Joo is a lonely person. Beside, her `bloody friendship` with Lee Yeon, her friendship with Moo Young (the tiger mountain god), she has a business and people (girls) under her care. She will have a mission. She will have a good relationship (at least from the facade) with the officer (pro-Japanese) played by Ha Dong Gwon. I see a lot of potential for this character. Fingers crossed.

What I am curious.... is about Hong Joo and Moo Young`s relationship. Kim Bum hinted in the first script reading video. 

0f1e969aa69932ddf5d45f8559c7b08f0887cbe0

They are long time friends but I wonder if Moo Young has a crush on Hong Joo. We know from the leaked descriptions that Hong joo has a high tolerence for alcohol and nobody is matching her. And Moo Young is a doctor but always with a drink in his hand. I wonder if there is something here. How he drinks so muck? But I like how Moo Young and Seon Woo Eun Ho met. He will realise quickly that she is an independence movement member. He will help her.

Why Lee Yeon was so surprise to see Hong Joo?

1977b618e877d21c7b6928f80a145d1d29b1d563

He did not know that she is the owner of Myoyeongak restaurant or he did not know she will be there in 1938? Imagine him knowing he is stuck with a pain in the neck again. :w00t: To use So yeon`s words, between Hong Joo and Lee Yeon there is `a bloody friendship`. :D

Lee Dong-wook time-slips in Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938

by Jenzy

Lee Dong-wook (Bad and Crazy) graces our screens again as our favorite broody gumiho Lee Yeon in the teaser for the second season of Tale of the Nine Tailed.

When we last left Yeon — Season 1 spoilers ahead, so beware! — he had finally gotten his happily ever after reunited with Jo Boa (Military Prosecutor Doberman) and living in idyllic civilian bliss. Which is why this Ji-ah-less second season, titled Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938, feels more like a spin-off than a continuation of the original story.

According to the plot description, after the events of the first season, Yeon one day finds himself dragged back to 1938 Japan-occupied Korea. Something’s gone awry in the celestial realm, and it’s up to Yeon to figure out what it is and fix it.

During his adventures he’ll run into old friends like the guardian-spirt-turned-restauranteur Ryu Hong-joo — played by Kim So-yeon (Penthouse 3) — who may or may not have nursed a fat crush on him in the past. He’ll also run into some old enemies like Chun Moo-young — played by Ryu Kyung-soo (Glitch) — another guardian spirit who was once Yeon’s friend until circumstances turned them into nemeses.

And of course, lovers of Kim Bum (Ghost Doctor) will rejoice to know Yeon’s brother Rang will also feature in 1938 in all his surly petulant glory.

The teaser gives us a short glimpse into Yeon’s journey to the past. We see modern Seoul flip into an older time, and a confused Yeon telling us in voiceover, “My world is starting to spin out of control.”

We then see the more ominous results of this time-slip: a room full of dead bodies, Yeon facing what looks like his evil alter-ego, and a camp-tastic mid-air smackdown, all while Yeon muses, “Looks like I’ve gone back to 1938.”

With writer Han Woo-ri and director Kang Shin-hyo both returning for the second season, Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 will premiere on May 6 on tvN.

https://www.dramabeans.com/2023/04/lee-dong-wook-time-slips-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938/

Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, And More Start Hunting In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, And More Start Hunting In “Tale Of The Nine-Tailed 1938”

tvN’s upcoming drama “Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” has shared a new poster featuring the hunting of Lee Dong Wook, Kim So Yeon, Kim Bum, and more!

Starring Lee Dong Wook, Jo Bo Ah, and Kim Bum, “Tale of the Nine-Tailed,” which aired at the end of 2020, tells the story of the male gumiho (a mythical nine-tailed fox) Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook) in a modern era. Although Yi Yeon found a happy ending with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah) in Season 1, he will get swept up in an unexpected incident and get summoned to the year of 1938. The new season will depict Yi Yeon’s desperate struggle to return to present day where all the people precious to him are.

The newly released poster features the six main characters Yi Yeon (Lee Dong Wook), Ryu Hong Joo (Kim So Yeon), Yi Rang (Kim Bum), Chun Moo Young (Ryu Kyung Soo), Koo Shin Joo (Hwang Hee), and Seonwoo Eun Ho (Kim Yong Ji) who exude powerful auras. They walk out from the destroyed banquet hall as if they have just finished hunting. On top of this, the text that reads, “The era where there is nothing left to protect. It is time to hunt,” implies that they are back in an era where there is no more taboo, raising anticipation for their new mission in 1938.

Tale-of-The-Nine-Tailed-1938_poster.jpeg

The production team remarked, “As the backdrop has changed, Yi Yeon’s hunting method will also change. Gumiho Yi Yeon’s unique [hunting] style, exhilarating action, and the next level spectacular story development with an expanded worldview will present the essence of a K-fantasy action drama.”

“Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938” premieres on May 6 at 9:20 p.m. KST as the follow-up to “Pandora: Beneath the Paradise.” Check out a teaser here!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1577074wpp/lee-dong-wook-kim-so-yeon-kim-bum-and-more-start-hunting-in-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 1

Lee Dong-wook time travels in ‘Tale of the Nine-tailed 1938’ teaser

The much-awaited second season of 'Tale of the Nine-Tailed' premieres next month

3rd April 2023

tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-696x442.jpg

South Korean cable network tvN has released a new trailer for Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938, the second season of 2020’s Tale of the Nine-Tailed.

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will see the return of Lee Dong-wook as the show’s titular gumiho Lee Yeon, who unexpectedly travels back in time to the year 1938, where he meets the former western mountain god Ryu Hong-joo (played by The Penthouse‘s Kim So-yeon).

The new teaser captures the moment when Lee Yeon is thrown back in time and the mayhem that faces him. The thrilling clips features glimpses of the action that will unfold as the season progresses, alongside a voice over from Lee Yeon saying: “The world I belong to has all begun to get twisted. I’ve come back to 1938.”

Aside from Lee Dong-wook, Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will also see the return of Kim Bum as Lee Rang and Hwang Hee as Ko Shin-joo. Meanwhile, Itaewon Class‘ Ryu Kyung-soo has joined the cast as Cheon Moo-young, a former northern mountain god who is good friends with Lee Yeon.

Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will premiere May 6 on South Korean cable network tvN. International availability of the show has yet to be announced at time of writing.

Lee Dong-wook previously starred in the tvN original series Bad and Crazy opposite Squid Game breakout star Wi Ha-joon. In a four-star review of the seriesNME‘s Lauren Webb described the show as “not your typical good-cop, bad-cop drama”.

https://www.nme.com/en_asia/news/tv/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938-teaser-lee-dong-wook-3424802

• Like 1

Lee Dong-wook·Kim So-yeon·Kim Bum, a hunting notice beyond imagination... 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' main poster released

SNESPFDNPZOBX5BOUPDW6B4T24.jpg

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' Lee Dong-wook, Kim So-yeon, Kim Bum, Ryu Kyung-soo, Hwang-hee, and Kim Yong-ji go on a hunt beyond imagination.

On the 3rd, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' (written by Han Woo-ri, directed by Kang Shin-hyo) will unveil the main poster containing the charisma of six people who will turn 1938 upside down. The more the veil is lifted, the more passionate expectations are pouring out about Lee Yeon (Lee Dong-wook), a nine-tailed fox who was summoned in an era of confusion, and what prey they are chasing after reuniting in a place where taboos disappeared.

'The Tale of a Nine Tailed Fox 1938' is a K-fantasy action action drama in which Lee Yeon, a 'nine-tailed fox' who made an emergency landing in the chaotic era of 1938, returns to the modern age. On top of the original world view that exquisitely weaves indigenous gods and native monsters, it will return in three years with more dynamic action and scale, and colorfully upgraded characters from tales.

The main poster released on this day heats up expectations with the unusual aura of the six members Lee Yeon, Ryu Hong-joo (Kim So-yeon), Lee Rang (Kim Bum), Chun Moo-yeong (Ryu Kyung-soo), Koo Shin-ju (Hwang Hee), and Seonwoo Eun-ho (Kim Yong-ji).

The charisma of those who come out of the banquet hall, which has become a mess as if the hunt is over, causes goosebumps. Here is the era where 'things to be protected disappeared! The phrase 'It's time to hunt' adds to the curiosity about the mission of those who returned more bloodily to the era where taboos disappeared. In an era when the local gods were also severely ill due to the turbulence of history, I look forward to seeing what kind of activity the 6 members will do to turn the turbulent year of 1938 upside down. Also, attention is focused on what kind of prey they are chasing.

Above all, the hard carry of unrivaled characters beyond imagination is the best viewing point. Expectations are also focused on the synergy of the actors who will show the essence of 'K-fantasy action action' by maximizing the charm of the character. Lee Dong-wook once again captivates viewers through the nine-tailed fox 'Lee Yeon'. It is expected that Lee Yeon, who had a happy ending with her 'eternal first love' Nam Ji-ah (Jo Bo-ah), was summoned to 1938, and the desperate struggle to return to the present where precious people are waiting will unfold dynamically.

Kim So-yeon takes on the role of Ryu Hong-joo, the owner of Myoyeon-gak, a top-notch restaurant in Gyeongseong, and a former mountain god of the west with tremendous strength. Yi-yeon, whom she coveted from the moment they first met, but couldn't have it, reappears in front of her, making her dull daily life enjoyable. For some reason, the existence of 'Ryu Hong-ju', which is dangerous and dizzying, stimulates curiosity about what variable it will be to Lee Yeon.

The story of Lee Yeon and Lee Rang is an important point that forms an axis of the play again this time. It is also the reason why Kim Bum's comeback is awaited. In the previous season, Lee Rang resolved misunderstandings with his older brother Lee Yeon and even sacrificed himself, but in 1938, he met Yi Yeon, who made a crash landing with the spirit of rebellion. The bizarre combination play of the changed 'Yeon-rang' brothers rekindles the heat.

Ryu Kyung-soo plays 'Cheon Moo-young', a famous person who can bring back the dead. A former northern mountain god, he was once the 'only friend' of Lee Yeon and Hong Joo. However, due to some incident, he became hostile to Yi-yeon and entered into an unavoidable match with his old friend

Hwang Hee and Kim Yong-ji's ever-changing performance is also expected. Hwang-hee plays Gu Shin-joo, a native fox who goes on a tough monster hunt with Lee Yeon, who made an emergency landing in 1938, and Kim Yong-ji transforms into Seonwoo Eun-ho, a reporter for the Sunwoo Daily, adding vitality.

The production team of 'The Tale of a Nine Tailed 1938' said, "As the stage has changed, Yiyeon's hunting method has also changed. Yiyeon's unique style, exhilarating action, and more spectacular developments on the expanded worldview will show the essence of K-fantasy action action." He said, “Please look forward to the hard carry of newly introduced characters such as Kim So-yeon and Ryu Kyung-soo.

Meanwhile, tvN's new Saturday drama 'The Tale of a Gumiho 1938' will be broadcast for the first time at 9:20 pm on Saturday, May 6, following 'Pandora: Fabricated Paradise'.

• Like 1

by Lily Alice, April 3, 2023
10 4

tvN dropped a new poster of the upcoming fantasy K-drama "Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938", and the actors are seen rocking mid 20th-century fashion. 

BdBrp6_2f.png

Kim So Yeon wears a red cocktail dress with exquisite pearl jewelry and a stylish hat on her head. With a sword in hand, she exudes boss lady vibes befitting the character she plays in the K-drama. The Penthouse actress will be seen as Ryu Hong Joo - a guardian spirit of a mountain in the west, who also owns a high-end restaurant in Gyeongseong (the old name for Seoul).

Whereas, Kim Bum - with long hair wearing an all-black outfit - gets a new look for the drama's second season. We remember him as Lee Yeon's (Lee Dong Wook) mischievous younger brother Lee Rang. In the poster, Lee Rang is seen carrying an axe, which stimulates curiosity as to what mischief he will cause in the upcoming series. 

Kim Yong Ji is seen in a classic pleated skirt with suspenders, a puff-sleeved shirt, and a baker boy cap. She keeps a sleek and chic blunt bob and carries a vintage briefcase. In season 1, we saw her in the role of Ki Yoo Ri, a Russian gumiho and trusted accomplice of Lee Rang. Lee Rang had saved her from a zoo where she suffered maltreatment.

Hwang Hee also returns as Lee Yeon's right-hand man Gu Shin Joo. And we have an addition of Ryu Kyung Soo, who will be seen in the character of Cheon Moo Young -  a guardian spirit of a mountain in the east who has bad blood with Lee Yeon. The poster shows him emitting fire from his hands, hinting he is one supernatural being who shouldn't be messed with. 

And finally,  Lee Dong Wook is seen in a vintage suit and his usual flaming red hair. At the end of season 1, he got his happily ever after with Nam Ji Ah (Jo Bo Ah), but unexpected circumstances bring him back to the year 1938. 

The setting of the poster, the lying soldier in the front, and the phrase "It's time to hunt" pique curiosity as to why the supernatural beings are 'hunting'. 

When and where to watch the K-drama Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938?

Episode 1 of Tale of the Nine-Tailed 1938 will be released on May 6. News about the K-drama's broadcast on OTT platforms is yet to come. 

https://mydramalist.com/article/lee-dong-wook-and-others-serve-the-1930s-vibe-in-the-group-poster-of-tale-of-the-nine-tailed-1938

• Like 1

‘Tale of the Nine Tailed’ Season 2: A Sneak Peek at the Characters on the New Poster

Tale-of-the-Nine-Tailed-1938-main-poster

tvN has released the main poster for its new K-fantasy action drama series, Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938, which will air on Saturdays and Sundays.

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 is a Korean fantasy action drama that tells the story of Lee Yeon, a mythical nine-tailed fox. The plot follows his journey to return to the present time after crash-landing in the year 1938.

Lee Dong Wook will once again portray the charming gumiho named Lee Yeon in the new season of Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938, a K-fantasy action drama. Fans are curious about why he was transported to 1938, despite finding happiness with Nam Ji Ah (played by Jo Bo Ah), and what challenges he will face as he tries to return to the present time where his loved ones reside.

Kim So Yeon will star as Ryu Hong Joo, the owner of Gyeongseong’s most distinguished restaurant, Myoyeongak, and a former western mountain goddess with immense strength. When Lee Yeon, whom she was drawn to from their initial meeting but couldn’t have, unexpectedly appears before her, her mundane existence becomes exciting. Viewers are curious to know what sort of impact Hong Joo, who seems to have a dangerous aura, will have on Lee Yeon’s life.

Despite the sacrifices and misunderstandings that took place in the previous season, Lee Rang will reunite with his older brother Lee Yeon in the upcoming season, who has found himself stranded in 1938.

Ryu Kyung Soo stars as Chun Moo Young, a talented doctor with the ability to bring people back to life. As a former northern mountain god, he used to be the closest friend of Lee Yeon and Hong Joo. However, after a certain incident, he now holds a grudge against Lee Yeon.

Hwang Hee portrays Koo Shin Joo, a gumiho who joins Lee Yeon in monster hunting in 1938. Kim Yong Ji, on the other hand, takes on the role of Seonwoo Eun Ho, a reporter for the Sunwoo Ilbo.

Tale of the Nine Tailed 1938 will premiere on May 6th.

https://zapzee.net/2023/04/03/tale-of-the-nine-tailed-season-2-a-sneak-peek-at-the-characters-on-the-new-poster/

• Like 1