[Mainland Chinese Drama 2024] Snow Fall 冰雪谣

MayanEcho

@ElleSor @SilverDawn @Wuzetian

The title of the drama has been changed! In weibo it's "Ice and Snow Ballad" (literal translation), while in a WeTV X post it's "Snowfall".

I would update the change/s in the thread once this drama gets an airing date with officially confirmed title. 🙂 Should I wait or should I change the thread name now? 😅

What do you think of the presumed new title? Will it be aired soon?

The latest trailers and teasers are also in the weibo page. 

A generous netizen shared it with Eng subs. 🙏

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

• MayanEcho changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama] Snowfall 冰雪谣 starring Vengo Gao & Ouyang Nana
On 6/29/2024 at 1:23 AM, SilverDawn said:

I don't really care about the title, as long as it airs soon :D 

Cross fingers it's really soon, since the cast had been promoting Snowfall! 😉

Check out the latest clips and pics of the cast at Snowfall Weibo Account

WeTV YT channel had officially subbed the previously released trailer and BTS, rebranded the two clips too into "Snow Fall"

Ehem! 👀 👀

Tagging @ElleSor @Wuzetian 🙂

• Like 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Snow Fall 冰雪谣 premiering July 29, starring Vengo Gao & Ouyang Nana
11 minutes ago, Wuzetian said:

I'll wait till all eps are up before binging...

That's the plan for me too, or twice a week 😅 Two eps are everyday Mon-Thu, 1 ep is released daily Fri-Sun. So that's 11 eps per week, which means all 24 eps will be aired in just a little over 2 weeks.

• Blob 1

On 7/29/2024 at 3:24 PM, Wuzetian said:

Pls share reviews here too...

Hi! After a couple of episodes my guess is they had to cut everything that could possibly be linked to "vampire theme"... still not sure 100%. But if yes, it makes sense why some scenes look a bit weard. For example 

Spoiler

When FL finds injured Vengo's character in some abandoned house, she accidentally falls on the top of him, and for a second we can clearly see him wanting to bite her..."click", and he is pretty calm again as she stands up. 

There are also another scenes when he obviously was going for a bite). 

Again, his doctor friend comes to save him, and obviously there should be smth mysterious here, since Vengo says FL "he is the only one who could save me"...and all we are shown is that the doctor simply takes all the bullets out of Vengo...hmmm...

I wonder if someone is familiar with the original story and can comment on the matter.

Overall, the cinematography is  great, so are the costumes and the set-ups. The young bad guy is very convincing. Vengo is very good doing this type of character, as always. FL and the doctor are just there....emmm, I'm not that impressed, but plan to tolerate them for Vengo's sake :D

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

Dont mind if VG were to star in the remake of Shanghai Bund. He's oozing every bit of it!

Need to google it first, hehe). Emm, not sure he would "fit in" such a story, but he looks great in those historical outfits, that's true))). 

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

9 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

How's the drama so far? Is it as impressive as the trailers? Planning to start the binge watching this weekend 😊

I appreciated the costuming in Snowfall , It's not a high budget show but it evokes traditional vampire tv aesthetics and mood.

@MayanEcho I'm here

magic san sheng san shi shi li tao hua GIF

entrance of one fine vampire

#snowfall from 🌙mer

if my doctor looked like this, i would visit him everyday!

introducing situ weilian in snowfall!#nctinc from yutaslaugh

cto

this reminds me of Kim Soo Hyun in It's Okay to Not Be Okay (2020)🤗

====

Spoiler

supposedly identify him as her rapist. Love his still trying to protect her, love her biting her own lips to make blood, love her hands on his neck. And never over her wondering or disbelieving or anything about why he needs blood, just trusting he does and providing.

This scene aaaaa!!! When she touches his face, the way she usually does!!!!!

Screaming!!!!!

And then she kisses him with her mouth full of blood and he opens his mouth for it and they go at it through the bars and I expire.

Love those shots of their eyes and her eyes going brown for a millisecond - does it mean she gets her eyesight back for that millisecond?

Meanwhile, reporters gangster called excited to be able to expose a rapist of helpless blind highborn ladies (which actually saved Vamp Daddy in another way; he was gonna try to bait him to eat someone before but decided to settle for the rapist thing now he got it) see jail make-outs instead.

Bwahahah gangster dude!

The BALLS on Mi Lan.

And she is fine with being known as blind rape victim around town because that part she did not take back GOOD GOD.

And Vamp Daddy is back to form, since he only needed a bit. Good luck gangster dude!

PS And back to dysfunctional danmei vibes.

Vamp Daddy, he’d love it!

cto

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

On 7/31/2024 at 9:31 PM, WeunXK said:

Screaming!!!!!

see jail make-outs instead

You and the board of censors girl, thats why it has to be reviewed twice! 😆

Gosh, their visuals are lit! 🔥🔥🔥

if my doctor looked like this, i would visit him everyday!

introducing situ weilian in snowfall!

The lines would be long, ahahaha!

Oh my, their Harper's Bazaar's photos are gorgeous!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2

I find Mr. Li's scenes interesting and amusing to watch. He is an unusual villain. 

We saw more of his ugly side. ep 7,8

Anyway, I love all the scenes between him and the ML. 

Shen is so dominant and Liang is pathetic. But they made me laugh. 

GT0-LWJbQAAay2-?format=jpg&name=small

• Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1