[Drama 2022] Extraordinary Attorney Woo/Unusual Lawyer Woo Young Woo, 이상한 변호사 우영우

larus

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Cast Lights Up The Set With Their Warm Smiles In Behind-The-Scenes Photos

ENA’s Extraordinary Attorney Woo” shared behind-the-scenes photos of the cheerful cast!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

The new behind-the-scenes stills capture the bright and peaceful atmosphere on set. Park Eun Bin focuses intently on looking over her script, while in another photo, she flashes a bright smile at the camera, making her efforts to portray her character clearly evident.

Park-Eun-Bin-7-1024x1536.jpeg

Park-Eun-Bin-1-1399x1536.jpeg

Similar to his kindhearted and charismatic character Lee Joon Ho, Kang Tae Oh has a gentle smile, making viewers’ hearts melt as they anticipate Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho’s romance in the second half of the drama. Kang Ki Young also captivates viewers’ attention with his portrayal of Jung Myung Seok’s great leadership as a thoughtful mentor.

Spoiler

Kang-Tae-Oh-5-1536x1024.jpg

Kang-Tae-Oh-4-1536x1024.jpg

Kang-Ki-Young-2-1536x1024.jpeg

Kang-Ki-Young-1-1536x1024.jpeg

The stills also highlight the performances of cast members Joo Hyun Young, Ha Yun Kyung, and Joo Jong Hyuk. Joo Hyun Young makes the set shine even brighter with her energetic portrayal, while Ha Yun Kyung adds more warmth to the drama. Viewers are also looking forward to Joo Jong Hyuk’s portrayal of Kwon Min Woo in the second half of the drama with his realistic acting skills.

Spoiler

Joo-Hyun-Young-768x1152.jpg

Ha-Yun-Kyung-2-1536x1024.jpg

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-1325x1536.jpg

Ha-Yun-Kyung-Kang-Tae-Oh-1536x1024.jpg

The production team shared, “The passionate acting of the actors, who laugh, cry, and add excitement to Woo Young Woo’s world, will shine even brighter in the second half. Please anticipate what story will unfold in the second half which follows the changes in relationships.”

The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 27 at 9 p.m. KST.

“Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Cast Lights Up The Set With Their Warm Smiles In Behind-The-Scenes Photos | Soompi

• Like 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

ENA Responds To Reports About “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Cast’s Reward Vacation

ENA has commented on reports about a reward vacation for the cast of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”!

ENA’s “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Since airing, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” has maintained a perfect streak of seeing its viewership ratings rise with each episode. With just its fourth episode, the drama set a new record for the highest viewership ratings ever achieved by any program in ENA history (drama or otherwise). To top off their success, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” is currently in talks for a U.S. remake.

Recently, there have been several reports regarding the details of a reward vacation for the cast and crew of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” to celebrate the success of the drama.

In response, ENA commented, “To reward the producers’ and actors’ hard work and convey their gratitude, Studio Genie has prepared a ‘golden whale’ as a reward for the writer, director, staff members, and actors.”

However, the initial trip has fallen through, with a representative of the drama sharing, “In the case of a reward vacation, all staff members must move together so there were a lot of difficulties in terms of timing and scheduling. Unfortunately, moving forward will be hard.”

Regarding reports that the producers and cast members were visiting Bali next month for vacation, they responded, “It’s a personal plan between the director and the few actors whose schedules fit, not a reward vacation. Neither the date or location has been confirmed.”

The next episode of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 27 at 9 p.m. KST.

ENA Responds To Reports About “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” Cast’s Reward Vacation | Soompi

• Thanks 2

‘Extraordinary Attorney Woo’ tops Netflix’s Global non-English TV charts

July 25, 2022

optimize.jpg

As Extraordinary Attorney Woo continues to top the charts in the Philippines, Writer Moon Ji won and some of the cast of the series shared their thoughts on the series and its newfound global popularity.

Moon Ji won

Q1. What do you think makes Extraordinary Attorney Woo different from other law-themed series?

What makes Extraordinary Attorney Woo so different is the character, Woo Youngwoo. Once she takes on a case, it takes a turn that viewers could not have seen anywhere else before!

Park Eun Bin 

Q1. How was preparing for the role of Woo Youngwoo different from your other past roles?

I focused on Youngwoo’s sincere heart. I thought I might limit the possibilities of Woo Youngwoo if I took a careful or defensive stance, so I tried to take in as many different approaches as possible. In particular, I didn’t want to limit Youngwoo’s character, so I was really open to all possible options in expressing Youngwoo’s heart freely. Since Youngwoo is such a spirited and courageous person, I learned a lot from her character.

Q2. (Question for all) This series has been the most-viewed drama on ENA and has ranked top 10 on Netflix Global (non-English category) in the first week of July. How do you feel about this success?

I was able to complete filming with the support of many people. I’m glad that I was able to complete filming.

I am truly grateful for global viewers who explore Youngwoo’s world with us. Welcome to “the world of Woo Youngwoo”! Please remember to stay tuned until the very end!

Kang Tae oh

Q1 What was the most challenging part when you prepared for your role?

My character Lee Junho is a more reactive character than a proactive one, and has a lot of emotions expressed through his eyes or facial expressions. I wanted to convey his emotions appropriately – not too much nor too little – and I think this took a lot of discussions with the director on set.

Q2. (Question for all) This series has been the most-viewed drama on ENA and has ranked top 10 on Netflix Global (non-English category) in the first week of July. How do you feel about this success?

I’m honored and touched that Extraordinary Attorney Woo is loved not just in Korea, but also overseas as well! Please continue to watch until the final episode 16. Thank you to all for your love and support for us. 

https://businessmirror.com.ph/2022/07/25/extraordinary-attorney-woo-tops-netflixs-global-non-english-tv-charts/

• Thanks 1

Tree featured in 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' to be considered for natural monument

The hackberry tree that appeared on an episode of ENA’s hit series “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will undergo evaluations to potentially make the list of Korea’s natural monuments, according to the Cultural Heritage Administration (CHA) on Monday.

The 500-year-old, 16-meter-tall (52-foot-tall) hackberry tree located in the village of Bukburi in Changwon, South Gyeongsang, appeared on the series’ eighth episode which aired on July 21.  

In the show, the giant tree is said to have protected the fictional neighborhood of Sodeok-dong for centuries, but now the town is in danger of being wiped out due to road construction plans. At the end of the episode, the tree is designated as a natural monument and saves the town. 

The CHA and the Cultural Heritage Committee will soon launch an inquiry to evaluate the hackberry tree’s value as a cultural asset, along with locals and municipal officials. They will also look into the tree’s history and condition.

As of now, two other hackberry trees in Korea are designated as natural monuments.

BY HALEY YANG [yang.hyunjoo@joongang.co.kr]

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/07/25/entertainment/television/Extraordinary-Attorney-Woo-woo-youngwoo-Attorney-Woo-hackberry-tree/20220725111820730.html

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Eun Bin And Kang Tae Oh Experience Subtle Changes With The Arrival Of Her New Client Goo Kyo Hwan In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”

Get ready for Goo Kyo Hwan’s special appearance in the hit ENA series “Extraordinary Attorney Woo”!

The drama tells the story of Woo Young Woo (Park Eun Bin), a young lawyer with Asperger’s syndrome who joins a major law firm. Due to her high IQ of 164, impressive memory, and creative thought process, the brilliant Woo Young Woo graduates at the top of her class from the prestigious Seoul National University for both college and law school – but she still finds herself struggling when it comes to social interactions.

Spoilers

Previously, “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” made hearts race with Woo Young Woo and Lee Joon Ho’s (Kang Tae Oh’s) blossoming romance. However, the preview for the next episode showed a glimpse of Lee Joon Ho’s jealousy side with the appearance of Woo Young Woo’s next client, increasing anticipation for the next events.

The newly released stills share another look at Bang Goo Ppong (Goo Kyo Hwan), a suspect who was accused of abducting and enticing minors. In one photo, he turns into “Pied Piper” as he leads a group of children while carrying their school backpacks. The kids look nothing but happy and carefree as they follow his footsteps into the forest. The following photo shows Bang Goo Ppong in court. Woo Young Woo and Kwon Min Woo (Joo Jong Hyuk) are in a panic because of their unpredictable client, piquing curiosity about his backstory.

Goo-Kyo-Hwan.jpg

Park-Eun-Bin-Goo-Kyo-Hwan.jpg

Spoiler

Joo-Jong-Hyuk-1.jpg

More stills show the “whale couple” locked in a strange atmosphere during lunchtime. While Woo Young Woo looks pleased and even proud, Lee Joon Ho seems more bewildered than ever.

Spoiler

Park-Eun-Bin-1.jpg

Kang-Tae-Oh.jpg

In episode 9, Woo Young Woo will try to defend Bang Goo Ppong who was sued by the parents of the children he had been attempting to “liberate.” Bang Goo Ppyong wanted to give freedom to the children who aren’t able to play because they have to spend time at school and academies, and it will be intriguing to find out if Woo Young Woo will be able to successfully help a client who has an extremely unique mindset.

The drama’s production team hinted that it will be refreshingly fun to watch the case of the unusual Bang Goo Ppong who calls for the liberation of children. Viewers can especially look forward to the chemistry of Goo Kyo Hwan and Park Eun Bin.

Episode 9 of “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” will air on July 27 at 9 p.m. KST.

Park Eun Bin And Kang Tae Oh Experience Subtle Changes With The Arrival Of Her New Client Goo Kyo Hwan In “Extraordinary Attorney Woo” | Soompi

• Like 1

On 7/26/2022 at 8:01 PM, backstreetboysfan said:

Here is the  pre-released scene for Episode 9! :).

High possibility of Young Woo being impressed by her oddball client.He will be the right catalyst to move Jun Ho from his hesitancy to action mode. He can be honest about his feelings,confusions with regard to moving fwd.:heart:

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote Tweets. Thanks!
  • Like 2

ENA ExtraordinaryAttorneyWoo will be released as a webtoon through Naver Webtoon starting from today.

58 minutes ago, minglanfan2 said:

High possibility of Young Woo being impressed by her oddball client.He will be the right catalyst to move Jun Ho from his hesitancy to action mode. He can be honest about his feelings,confusions with regard to moving fwd.

Oh yeah for sure, it might make him finally make a move so he doesn't lose her eh. 

• Like 2

I'm not feeling this episode or what the writer is trying to portray. The client took folks kids regardless whether he thinks he's part of the children's Liberation or may not. He still doesn't get that if anything would have happened to those children, he is responsible. He did not receive permission to take somebody else's kids I don't care how light-hearted they try to make him, the fact that he don't want to apologize means that Peter Pan should be in jail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheQueenReturns said:

I'm not feeling this episode or with the wider is trying to portray. The client took folks kids regardless whether he thinks he's part of the children's Liberation or may not come he still doesn't get there if anything would have happened to those children he is responsible. He did not receive permission to take somebody else's kids I don't care how light-hearted they try to make him, the fact that he don't want to apologize means that Peter Pan should be in jail.

I have a different opinion though. I thought the episode was well-written & realistic. It depicts the real struggle of children in Korea (and perhaps other Asian countries too). It also makes parents (like me) reflect on what priority should the kids be putting on at such young age. Crammed tuition until 10pm or playing? 

You can see the kids having fun with Bang Goo Ppong during their "liberation day" as well as during the trial; and that scene was really the epitome of this episode. Yes, we didn't get the overall verdict by the judge but I think the parents and Goo Ppong's Omma will change their mindset about how to educate the children.

As an educator, I applaud the director and writer for using this episode 9 to highlight this issue again!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just when you think this drama is great enough  here come ep 9 to laught  at you and say  you still don't know how good it 

Wooo a really wooooo they take a very  serious  matter  that make  many children  and teenagers  suffering  from around the world specially  in korea where the rate of teenager  suicide  cause their grade and the stress  of thinking  about the future  and there family wishes   is a very high rate 

And they bring that serious  topics  and show it in smoothly way and easy to watch and connected  to, making a fun episode  and making a special  case where they simply saying what was supposed  to be the normal but people  forget about " children  must play , children  has to be healthily and children  dont have to grow up  now and live as adults "

Really impressed , it a reality  and the  korean social  suffer  from it more then others , the  children  future  decided  by the name of schools  they have to success enter to  from age 5 , having school who see the children  as just number  to make  name and profit  and  weak children  not allowed to survive  - how treat  them as machine  

The social with adult  who blame the childern for not being smart enough, not strong to survive  and they dont want to see that it the adult  fault 

Yeh this drama is really  special , you have to understand  the situation  in korea soical to understand  who much this topic  is so serious   there you can just understanding  from the mothers talking  in this episode that the reality  there 

And yeh that last  counrt scene wasnt foolish it was right , he accept  that he should punished  by the social  law but he still want to make sure the children  is saved  at least they understand  theirn right  that the adults  take from them 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The pace certainly picked up in today's episode.YoungWoo starts pursuing Jun-Ho for a logical conclusion to the question of liking her.Things left in limbo isn't something many people with autism like.However her actions throws off our handsome and charming guy.With YoungWoo he never knows what to expect,how to proceed,to make sure she understands his actions and is also comfortable at the same time.It sure feels like undertaking a huge task that requires resilience and determination. But is love supposed to feel like a task,walking on egg shells?I am glad the next case will help our extraordinary attorney see the world of dating an autistic from the neuro typical's perspective.How will both find a way to experience love and not be burdened by it? I am excited to see where this would lead too.

Min -Woo seems to have got the accelerated heart beat issue for our spring sunshine.This will be fun.:hwaiting2:

Whales,dolphins in captivity is an issue very dear to Young Woo..It helped her to see Mr.B's perspective a.ka.chief liberator of kids and show adults where they erred.Mr.Bang also was wrong.Something could have happened to the kids because of his actions and that is not to be taken lightly.Since Young Woo was able to prove the intent and positive result of his actions on the kids punishment shouldn't be harsh.Will we get to hear about the verdict tomorrow at least?

Predicting Min-Woo's upcoming reaction when he learns Tae-Su-Mi is Young Woo's mom.:what!:

• Like 3

ep9 is using a humorous position - children liberation general - to tell the world how children are living these days, especially children from the middle-class and above. this situation doesnt happen only in asia! parents have to build a resume for their children so they can enter prestigious universities and a successful future by the parents' standard. the children in this ep would never know what fun or games are until they meet the general. these children, whether they like what has been arranged by their parents, have to follow what they are told and to please their parents because they are children. the pressure to achieve academic success is so high and it's one of the reasons for high suicide rates or emotional illness, and might even twist their personality. dont know attny kwon's background, maybe he is from a humbling background and had to work hard to achieve where he is now, but his tendency to see his co-workers as rivals, including suyeon, and the bitter attitude towards other people's success. did he also experience this kind of competitive childhood? through this humorous format it wont offend parents or hurt their feelings and also prompts them to think about their educational method.

as much as i like the loveline between junho and youngwoo, i really prefer to take it slowly. early on, youngwoo told suyeon that it'll be difficult for people to be romantically interested in her because she is very well aware of her autistic disability. and yet she has been confessing to junho a couple of times and wants to do a third time. am surprised youngwoo's friends like guerami and suyeon dont advise youngwoo to hold still and be patient; they should realize the difficulty for someone having a romantic relationship with her. giving junho more time to know about and get used to youngwoo's thoughts and behaviors would be more realistic, in my humble opinion!

one thing i'm very much worried is the attny kwon will work with that reporter to hurt youngwoo after figuring out she is tae's daughter! last ep, it showed a few scenes about the reporter and the kwon together and i was thinking why they had to pay attention to them!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Newbie21SG said:

I have a different opinion though. I thought the episode was well-written & realistic. It depicts the real struggle of children in Korea (and perhaps other Asian countries too). It also makes parents (like me) reflect on what priority should the kids be putting on at such young age. Crammed tuition until 10pm or playing? 

You can see the kids having fun with Bang Goo Ppong during their "liberation day" as well as during the trial; and that scene was really the epitome of this episode. Yes, we didn't get the overall verdict by the judge but I think the parents and Goo Ppong's Omma will change their mindset about how to educate the children.

As an educator, I applaud the director and writer for using this episode 9 to highlight this issue again!

As a licensed mental health therapist who also teaches College as a professor on the side, besides the fact that I'm a mother of two adult children, I strongly disagree. This is not realistic by any stretch of the imagination and anybody who thinks differently(in my opinion) need to reevaluate their values if they think it is okay just because the boy had a deprived childhood to take their children away without permission. Now I'm very old school and I come from a family of teachers going back to 1959 in the segregated South and there is no way in the world that this is okay. The struggle is real everywhere, but the means do not justify the ends whether it's Korea or America. There is no way I'm going to listen to anybody who snatched my children off location and then had the nerve to say that he's not sorry. He needs to grow up in the Peter Pan defense will not work! If the saying of the kids having fun it's a epitome of this episode, then it failed. It may have pulled the heart strings of people who tend to be more emotion-minded and are LED away with that feelings and their heart, but as a matter of Justice, parental rights, law, and Common Sense, it defies it. If he wants to use somebody as an example, he needs to get married and have his own children and let his parenting be reflected in their lifestyle so that it can encourage other people. Regardless of how rotten some of those parents behave, they didn't act rotten enough because I would have dropped kicked that fool off a mountain top had he taken my children off playing Peter Pan.

This episode was a fail utterly and completely! 

• Thanks 1