Jin Xuan as Xuan Ge
Li Chang as Shangguan Mingyue
Sun Xiang Chi as Rong Feng
Yu Zi Xuan as Ye Qingnuan
Sun Yi Fan as Ye Tianyu
Liu Meng as Yun Xianghe
Gao He Xi as Empress Yun

Synopsis:

The rumor has it that Yun Qian Yue, the eldest daughter of Prince Yun manor; is playful, arrogant and illiterate. In reality, the rumors were spread intentionally by Qian Yue herself because she does not want to marry into the Imperial Family. Qian Yue has also been in disguise as Ye Tian Shuo's subordinate for nearly a decade. She is in love with Rong Jing from the Prince Rong manor but is oppressed by the Imperial Family's authority.
Rong Jing, a man who possesses extraordinary good looks, suffers from a disease that left him weak and sick for years due to the aftereffects of aphrodisiac. To find a cure for him, Qian Yue triggers the Phoenix flight without a care for consequences. However at the same time, the current Emperor Ye Qing Ran is deeply in love with Qian Yue and to gain her love, he puts a life-and-death lock heart poison into her body, thus forbidding her from leaving his side. Despite losing her memories due to the poison, Yun Qian Yue does not forget her true heart.

Source: Mydramalist | Dramawiki

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to @SC2019

• Like 1

OMG, it's finally coming))) Thanks for the post) I have been looking forward to this drama for a long time already :wub:Zhang Zhi Xi was wonderful in Love and Destiny, she is beautiful and talented, so happy to see her as a lead. 

18 hours ago, leo2020 said:

OMG, it's finally coming))) Thanks for the post) I have been looking forward to this drama for a long time already :wub:Zhang Zhi Xi was wonderful in Love and Destiny, she is beautiful and talented, so happy to see her as a lead. 

my thoughts exactly - I really enjoyed watching her, she is really pretty and her acting was quite spot on too. Though I am not sure about this drama, it's got time travel elements? 

Btw, Tencent, iQiyi and Youku withdrew the Advance Pay package, which means there won't be anymore flooding of episodes. So, the last day of airing is now 9 Nov, previously it was 4 Nov. Probably another government move to curb certain things.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

Though I am not sure about this drama, it's got time travel elements? 

I actually have no idea :tounge_wink:. There is no indication of that into the synopsis, however from the preview it seems like that, but I personally do need subs to understand what's really happening there))). 

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

tw, Tencent, iQiyi and Youku withdrew the Advance Pay package, which means there won't be anymore flooding of episodes. So, the last day of airing is now 9 Nov, previously it was 4 Nov. Probably another government move to curb certain things.

That's strange...I wonder why would such a decision be made?...

Drama made by same production team for 听雪楼 and  与君歌  , reusing same actors actresses.

I'll skip this as there are too many similar "princes fight for throne" theme released recently and in the near future. Feeling fatigue.

The camera uses strong bokeh effect to blur the background when doing close-up of face.

Here's the viewing schedule for those interested.

Just watched E01, and yes, there is the 'black out' in modern times and woke up in 'ancient times' phenomenon.

There are no subs at the moment and I think because it's gonna take time for subs, this isn't likely to gain much following in this forum. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

There are no subs at the moment and I think because it's gonna take time for subs, this isn't likely to gain much following in this forum

Thank you, I would wait patiently then; meanwhile it's plenty to watch right now, so that's fine :wub:.

As I've guessed, there aren't English subs as yet and I don't know if the official channel is gonna do it or if any other volunteers are going to sub it. So, I am doubtful if anyone is gonna join this thread. sigh.

I've watched till E10 and here are some initial thoughts... (though I am withholding my judgment as there are 30 more episodes to come).

The drama is going to draw flack (at least in another forum it is drawing flack) for the over-the-top acting from the FL. I am more open-minded though, so, I've not given it up, partially because the OTP is quite pleasing to the eye (superficial I know) and I kinda want to see how much angst the ML is going to go through when the FL is forced to distant herself from him (as mentioned in the sypnosis).

The overall plot is that it's about princes fighting for the throne, the ML trying to find out why his parents were murdered/sentenced to death for treachery and the FL trying to find her way home to the modern world. Though by E10, there's only one serious contender to the throne.

The ML in this story is a feudal prince - my knowledge of Chinese history and such is really bad. So from the little I know a feudal prince is someone either related by birth to the Royal family (maternal lineage) or someone bestowed the title of prince because he/his family controls a certain territory in the kingdom and exercises power to manage that area on behalf of the Emperor. So, as you can tell, the Emperor would want to keep a tight rein on things to prevent such feudal princes from having too much power and usurping the throne.

The FL is indeed thrown into this world from the modern times. Before time-travelling/parallel-world travelling (whichever), she is a best-selling novelist, ranked within the top 10, who happened to...

Spoiler

write an online novel and unfortunately, whatever she wrote in her novel came to pass for the son of the richest man in the city. Can you imagine how annoying that would be if it were to happen to you (in this case nothing good is written and everything that comes to pass is to his downfall)?

To take matters into his own hands, he tries to hold her (by force) in his house and deletes the next chapter she is writing to prevent anything bad from happening to himself. She escapes and then next we see his henchmen coming to her apartment, demanding to know where she is holding him (as he has gone missing). Of course she is clueless. She runs away to the rooftop of the apartment, loses consciousness and travels to the ancient world. The mechanism to which she travels is...if you haven't guessed by now, yup her words. Meaning whatever she uploads really manifests in reality. So the last thing she was typing in her novel (which gets uploaded online) is that by hook or crook, she must fall out of his reach/evades his capture.

[Tbh, even in modern times, her character was already loud, and impulsive.]

So, when her soul occupies the body in the ancient world, the body was injured in a fire in a brothel, and so when it's occupied by our modern girl, all memories are lost (but the thing is they both have similar behaviours). I suspect the original person has died and she is there occupying the body for whatever reason the scriptwriter has in mind.

So, the previous owner of the soul was trying to dodge a wedding with the Crown Prince by acting all uncouth and illiterate. In truth, she is in love with the 3rd prince - they are childhood friends, turned lovers. And the 3rd prince gets sent to the border of the kingdom to defend it. Of course by E10, he returns and to his dismay finds a girl he loves who no longer reciprocrates. And he is that possessive type, so you can understand why he places the poison on her in later episodes.

What I am enjoying so far:

Spoiler
  • the colour saturation is pleasant
  • the scenes are quite nicely shot 
  • the 2nd pair is quirky but interesting (the actress was briefly featured in Renascence and I wanna see her in action with enough scenes to act)
  • there is some evidence that the so-call time-travelling plot has more than meets the eye (something has been revealed by E10)
  • a tsundere ML character and a possessive 2nd ML (will be interesting to see how they both fight over the FL)

What I wish they had done better:

Spoiler
  • didn't make the FL so loud and allowed her more credit to her character (she's smart and perceptive but is hardly allowed to put it to good use in the drama) Again, I say this as of now. I suspect she might be more 'useful' later on when the plot becomes more serious or the angst gets more real? Perhaps, there's room for her character to grow which is why she's at one end of the spectrum now?
  • if the ML were a little more expressive, though I know it's hard to be expressive when one is supposed to be cold. Still, there are moments when he delivers...so it's not all that bad.
  • the chemistry btwn ML and FL felt more genuine, I get what they are supposed to demonstrate but I can feel it's acting, there isn't real chemistry, as compared with say, JJL's ML and FL (despite how many ppl are commenting on his lack of good looks)

I am still excited with what's to come. I said there's more than meets the eye about the time-travelling plot and here's why I say that:

Spoiler

by E10, the FL is in the marketplace, and comes across a modern day pen which her father gifted her when she was in college (at a stall). Of course no one has bought it because they have no idea what it's for but she recognises it straightaway and is puzzled as to how her pen might have found it's way to this ancient world. On top of that, she puts up an 'advertisement' by setting up a stall to find out if anyone in that world is possibly from her timeline. She sets up a 'quiz' with a phrase which requires someone to continue the phrase. And of all persons, the ML's younger brother is able to answer it. And even tell her that 10 years ago, the FL gave him the answer to that sentence/phrase and told her something about repeating/multiple timelines/lifes? Was he referring to parallel universes? So this part has me intrigued. Was the FL from 10 years ago already from the future? The ML's younger brother has been somewhere faraway (cultivating under some sifu) and returns home to meet the ML, his older brother. When they reunite, the ML reminds the younger brother about revealing his identity to the FL, and he replies "she's lost her memory and doesn't recognise me." What is that all about? 

So this part has truly piqued my curiosity, enough for me to wanna watch on, anyways.

• Like 2

Hi @SC2019 I checked this out yesterday,  But could not get drawn in.  I'm not as accommodating as you.:(  Quality Acting is very important to me.  I've not watch any New Drama for the whole of August and September 2021

And yes - it is because of the FL's acting. Quite "put off" for me.  But I like the Overall Plot.  So will give it another try. :)

• LOL 1

@SC2019 I always wonder why would they give a drama an English title if they do not plan to make it available to international audience by adding subs in the first place:D.

Since I shouldn't read your spoiler impressions, I would like to comment the general stuff. 

I've long noticed that sometimes quite capable actors act very confusing in some dramas. You just watch them and think "is that really that amazing actor I've enjoyed so much in previous drama...emmm..what's wrong..." My recent confusion of such a kind happened when I was torturing myself through Alan Yu's wooden acting in The Love Lasts Two Minds. I was quite in shock, since I know he can act, and as to confirm it The Moon Brightens For You came in autumn, and it was like I am watching another person...

I really can't explain why these things happen...

So

the over-the-top acting from the FL

may be a case of such a kind, who knows. 

3 hours ago, leo2020 said:

@SC2019 I always wonder why would they give a drama an English title if they do not plan to make it available to international audience by adding subs in the first place:D.

Since I shouldn't read your spoiler impressions, I would like to comment the general stuff. 

I've long noticed that sometimes quite capable actors act very confusing in some dramas. You just watch them and think "is that really that amazing actor I've enjoyed so much in previous drama...emmm..what's wrong..." My recent confusion of such a kind happened when I was torturing myself through Alan Yu's wooden acting in The Love Lasts Two Minds. I was quite in shock, since I know he can act, and as to confirm it The Moon Brightens For You came in autumn, and it was like I am watching another person...

I really can't explain why these things happen...

So

may be a case of such a kind, who knows. 

I think a youtuber was commenting that English Subs will come out soon, hopefully he is right. As for the acting, I think it's partially the director and the scriptwriter who have had a hand in it. I understand that the character is not well liked, and has a bad reputation, intentionally so to deter the marriage to the Crown Prince. I just think that the way the actress has portrayed it is taking it a few notches too high. I've seen her in later episodes with a toned down attitude and perhaps that will be what we will see in the later episodes, I suspect, as she is forced to be with the 3rd prince.(but then again, who knows) I suspect the wooden or sub-par acting occurs when the actor/actress has to take on a role that is totally opposite from their own personality. So, they overcompensate to deliver. Of course this won't happen in experienced actors/actresses or perhaps these people know what roles to choose so they won't suffer from such setbacks. But when you can't afford to be picky and take on roles to pay the bills, I suppose this will happen. Still, hopefully they will improve with time.

@hush puppy tbh I don't think you will be able to tolerate it, as you've got quite high expectations. :sweat_smile: 

• Like 1

I seem to have read a Chinese novel with a similar plot, in which the FL tries to appear as uncouth so she can avoid marriage. Anyway, I am partial to these kinds of novel, as well as time-travel ones. I hope the subs come out soon. 

• Like 1

I had read the novel and I'd say the drama is nothing like the novel. The FL in the novel is a very complex character (actually they all are) and I dont think Zhang Zhi Xi could pull it off (sorry for her fan).

Spoiler

The uncouth ways of FL are all acts. She is the ultimate schemer behind almost every plots in the novel. The other is the emperor. 

On 10/7/2021 at 9:29 AM, SC2019 said:

Hide contents

by E10, the FL is in the marketplace, and comes across a modern day pen which her father gifted her when she was in college (at a stall). Of course no one has bought it because they have no idea what it's for but she recognises it straightaway and is puzzled as to how her pen might have found it's way to this ancient world. On top of that, she puts up an 'advertisement' by setting up a stall to find out if anyone in that world is possibly from her timeline. She sets up a 'quiz' with a phrase which requires someone to continue the phrase. And of all persons, the ML's younger brother is able to answer it. And even tell her that 10 years ago, the FL gave him the answer to that sentence/phrase and told her something about repeating/multiple timelines/lifes? Was he referring to parallel universes? So this part has me intrigued. Was the FL from 10 years ago already from the future? The ML's younger brother has been somewhere faraway (cultivating under some sifu) and returns home to meet the ML, his older brother. When they reunite, the ML reminds the younger brother about revealing his identity to the FL, and he replies "she's lost her memory and doesn't recognise me." What is that all about? 

So this part has truly piqued my curiosity, enough for me to wanna watch on, anyways.

Spoiler

In the novel, she actually transmigrated to the ancient world as the baby, but she lost her memories and only woke up during the incident, that's why she thought she just transmigrated. Hence no one doubted her, even though her servants did notice changes in her attitude, like she was more carefree and less worried. 

Actually as the novel goes on, there are a lot of plot holes. It's the classic case of the author went over the board with her imagination and forgot what she wrote earlier on. But the story is still quite good, just very complicated and lots of back and forth and "huh" moments.

@rabbit_casa Thanks for letting us know what the novel was like. I just saw a BTS of the FL and ML in action and tbh, it looks like they are both quite like the characters they portray. The ML is quite serious, and the FL is playful on set, teasing him etc. Perhaps that was just one scene and doesn't portray them well.

Spoiler

I reckon the drama isn't going to take the route of the novel, judging by how it's going so far? And there isn't even the slightest hint that she's masterminding anything, doesn't seem like she's got the inclination for it (unless it's what you've described). I've watched till E12, and things are already going south-bound for the couple, which is really too fast for a 40-episode drama. I wonder what on earth the plot will turn out to be by the time we hit the 20s, and 30s.

At this point, I have no expectations whatsoever for the drama and am just watching it with amusement. Since I've started it, I still want to know what sort of ending the director and scriptwriter will pull off.

On another note, I wish the actor portraying the ML could display a greater range of micro-emotions. 

I have not yet watched the drama. I normally wait for the drama I'm interested in finish, then binge watch it. I read it somewhere that they change the script almost completely compared to the novel so I have no idea how things will progress neither. 

The novel is quite long and has a lot of plot twists, so I guess a lot of things happened in the first 10 episodes so that they can have time to put some of the plot twists in the later 2/3? Who knows. We ll see.

Spoiler

In the novel, the ML is supposed to be quite close to an ethereal being, perfect at everything, charming even without doing anything, and very aloof (the only one he shows his emotions to is the FL). At the same time, since the FL is the polar of him, it often creates humor between the 2.

For example, in the beginning, he was quite sickly and often had to use the carriage as a meand of transport. The FL, on the other hand, liked to ride horses. On the way of supposedly escorting her home, the FL mentioned is was like escorting a newly wedded wife home (the wifey here is the ML). 

The FL also liked to tease the ML abt his blossom debts (ladies who were attracted to him) and often said that he was a peach blossom tree incarnation.

As the story progresses though, there are 180° changes in characters and it makes the novel illogical in some places. I wish the author had taken more care for character development instead of dropping the bombs on the readers and just mentioned passby like: oh, it was because he/she is a part of the plot, it was part of his/her schemes...