[Drama 2022] Twenty-Five Twenty-One ​⌛ 스물다섯 스물하나

Maetawinz

1 hour ago, luffie said:

@YongZura⁷so u think it is a happy ending?! Keeping my fingers crossed here! Here is to a happy end!!! Let’s all reconvene tomorrow! Thanks friends for all the insights and guesses! ❤️

I've a feeling that the team will be able to put everything in its rightful place, with the right person.  :approves:

It's just me...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daphné Chan said:

The writers of this drama should anticipate that there will be drop of rating because of too many sad scenes... I also hope tonight won't be disappointing. Sigh 

I see lot of people are tired tbh. A possible sad ending, (some people cant handle that especially this is youth drama, people would watch melo and makjang instead if they expect sad ending), the writer keep hinting it here and there, ruined all the happy moments and baekdo scenes are getting cut a lot in the middle. There was a controversy about baekdo age too, and that was on all over the news and trending, they stuck at 19 for so long, shouldve move to adult phase faster, heedoo still can doing her fencer anyway

The writer dig their own grave. if this drama had happy ending, why would they create this madness over kim minchae, this drama wouldve become blockbuster and will get much much higher rating, sigh. Sorry for the rant but a lot of people missed this beautiful drama and story, because of the 'possible' sad ending, I feel like this drama deserve more recognition

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Skysky said:

I see lot of people are tired tbh. A possible sad ending, (some people cant handle that especially this is youth drama, people would watch melo and makjang instead if they expect sad ending), the writer keep hinting it here and there, ruined all the happy moments and baekdo scenes are getting cut a lot in the middle. There was a controversy about baekdo age too, and that was on all over the news and trending, they stuck at 19 for so long, shouldve move to adult phase faster, heedoo still can doing her fencer anyway

The writer dig their own grave if this drama had happy ending tbh, why would they create this madness over kim minchae, this drama wouldve become blockbuster and will get much much higher rating, sigh. Sorry for the rant but a lot of people missed this beautiful drama and story, because of the 'possible' sad ending, I feel like this drama deserve more recognition

I agree that the show's publicity gimmick of the husband mystery has somewhat backfired. It is not a complete failure as we all are still speculating but the thing is that they should have ended the mystery at about epi 14. The dragging of the mystery & possibility of sad ending for Baekdo relationship till the last epi is hindering the enjoyment of great episodes. 

If they do not end up together then the viewers will feel cheated & if they do then most of the viewers will be able to get complete enjoyment only after a re-watch. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

If they do not end up together then the viewers will feel cheated & if they do then most of the viewers will be able to get complete enjoyment only after a re-watch. 

True. Everyone is nervous including me tbh, eps 14 is way too much, I already sense a huge drop of rating in eps 15 because of that. It is unfortunate that the highest rating was 10,9 and its keep coming down to 9,6. I think eps 15 has the worst drop from the rating on previous eps (from 10,3 to 9,6), I see a lot of people are not happy and mad because yijin congratulate heedoo 'marriage' and cant hadle it anymore

The writer shouldnt use this cheap gimmick tbh. Funny that the new preview is now getting more positive and we can see baekdo happy moment and hinting happy ending too lol. Like they are consistent to give us the hint of sad ending before, but they change it now? Nah you are too late, I mean only toward very last eps?? the damage is done, the rating can't recover, they might regretting and trying to do damage control but it's way too late now

• Like 4

I think with all those guessing games and theories around. I think viewers have nv been so stress over a k drama. Its really my first drama with so many guessing games, I myself see also headache. I think for koreans they would prefer not too many guessing games around. I don't know what's the writer intention on doing this drama. I like this drama but not all these guessing here and there. Trying to solve some mystery then might as well change the genre to Mystery instead. Lol.. I just ranting too. This drama is nice but it is definitely not a healing drama.. no way. At least home town cha cha cha is really a healing drama. This one can cause headaches and stress. Lolz.. 

Let's all hope for good ending. I seriously thinking wa.. that Mr Kim really have a open heart .. lol 

• Like 2

The drama is ending soon, and honestly, I am still not prepared for this. It's been a long time since I was in love with one drama this much. It keeps my heart beating fast and reminds me of my youth. Like Hee Do at a present timeline, I almost forgot the vivid memories of my youth time because too many things happen in life. 

This drama is fantastic. The dialogues are beautiful, and the cast's acting is incredible. Also, all the female characters in this drama are so inspiring. They are talented, brave, and live for and pursue their dreams. However, it will be more meaningful to me if there is no present scene or flood of spoilings. I quit this drama once after watching the opening. Luckily, clip cuts brought me back in time.

I wish the best to all of the characters. Also, please, I want to see just 5% of the process of how Min Chae is created ^^.

• Like 2

I love this drama, I felt that Kim Tae Ri really outdone herself to portray Hee-Do. We can see the transition from a tomboyish, young and innocent HD to the grown up that she is. I felt like I lived through 3 years with her while it was only 15 episodes. We see so much growth in HD and KTR did an awesome job showing that. Also, I love how Kim Tae Ri isn’t afraid to throw all these expressions on her face. Sometimes I’m like, is this the same actress….her face is so versatile too. I love love her acting in this drama. She truly brought to life Hee-Do’s story. 

I love the natural chemistry between KTR and NJH in episode 15, they express the love of a young couple so well. The stares, the hugs, we don’t even need them to kiss to know how much they adore each other. I’m so glad NJH played BYJ, he did an amazing job, especially all those love stares at HD. Gosh, KTR and NJH are so well together….I wouldn’t mind if they sail together in real life. 

I agree with many of you, the storyline alone would have just been fine without the whole “who’s Minchae’s father”. It’s too confusing to try to waste 16 episodes trying to find who is her father. Then to throw episode 14’s ending into the mix too…..made a lot of viewers stressing over the couple. Now, with one episode left, we still haven’t address who is her father too! I feel like this will make them rush through the ending trying to explain to us who is her father while also trying to supposedly break the couple up and get them back together. I felt another extra episode would be good to tie the ending more if they are still hung up on the break up and father mystery.

I’ll miss Hee Do, she truly was a remarkable person. Her love and support for her friendship and lover run deep. I will miss this drama and all it’s characters so much.

• Like 6

I just saw ep 15 and it was good! I love the HD and YR competition and story line. OTP had many good, sweet scenes and I can’t imagine a sad ending especially when it is emphasized again that both support each other’s career/dreams. HD deep down doesn’t hold it against YJ that he had to go to NYC, she is just worried because he takes the cases seriously and feels a lot for the victims. I also join the ‘happy ending’ group. 

I do agree now that writer shouldn’t have the over used the gimmicks but oh well, still a very good drama that I have enjoyed. 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1

54 minutes ago, Skysky said:

True. Everyone is nervous including me tbh, eps 14 is way too much, I already sense a huge drop of rating in eps 15 because of that. It is unfortunate that the highest rating was 10,9 and its keep coming down to 9,6. I think eps 15 has the worst drop from the rating on previous eps (from 10,3 to 9,6), I see a lot of people are not happy and mad because yijin congratulate heedoo 'marriage' and cant hadle it anymore

The writer shouldnt use this cheap gimmick tbh. Funny that the new preview is now getting more positive and we can see baekdo happy moment and hinting happy ending too lol. Like they are consistent to give us the hint of sad ending before, but they change it now? Nah you are too late, I mean only toward very last eps?? the damage is done, the rating can't recover, they might regretting and trying to do damage control but it's way too late now

Yes everyone is nervous even if we have 90% faith that Baekdo somehow made it work. But that niggling 10% doubt due to them repeatedly hammering nothing lasts forever in the second half of the show is putting a wet blanket on what are truly excellent epis.

The  dramas understated/realistic approach also has people believing that Baekdo will not work because many couples do break up in reality. But the same audience is forgetting that many couples in real life persevere during the hard time & still end up together. So the chances of Baekdo having their hea is quite high. 

I missed to address the Baekdo age gap being an issue for the drama being not well received. I don't think this is true because the ratings of the show have been quite high throughout. It is an issue only in SM chatter otherwise normal tv audience do not seem to have any such issue. Also the show toed the line of the Baekdo relationship very well with their falling in love being a natural progression of their instinctive friendship. There was no hint of grooming or toxicity in their relationship at any point of time. We need to applaud the makers for the execution of this delicate balance of their relationship.

• Like 3

I thought I would be really disappointed if Heedo and Yijin part ways but after the watching the episode I think if they do this I will be able to understand it. Yijin is too much involved in his career and that's why Heedo's support is not reaching him. We have to remember that before lovers they were each other's support system so now that this very thing is disappearing it's understandable why they would break up. The long distance is also a matter but Yurim and Ji Woong made their relationship work although they knew each other for less time and didn't have a "history" like Beakdoo. From the preview it seemed like they're still going to break up but just with good and encouraging words.

My only wish now is that they will begin the episode by clarifying who the husband and father is. I want to watch at least one episode without stress. The scene in the tunnel is worrying me. Hopefully they will not rush it and end it with them just staring at each other.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, banghyeri said:

Full OST Playlist is out:

And there’s a song titled “Propose”. Wdyt? 

Thanks for the notification.  Wow 43 songs.

Some viewers are waiting for a happy ending before buying it. Happy - YES, otherwise NO including my sister :D

:doggie:Anything is possible...

Credit to the owners

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

5 hours ago, Skysky said:

The writer dig their own grave. if this drama had happy ending, why would they create this madness over kim minchae, this drama wouldve become blockbuster and will get much much higher rating, sigh. Sorry for the rant but a lot of people missed this beautiful drama and story, because of the 'possible' sad ending, I feel like this drama deserve more recognition

I don't think this is an issue for TVN or the writers to be honest as it's not a huge drop of ratings down to nothing - This drama has been relatively successful since the begining. And most shows have a dip somewhere in the middle when things are a little slow or there's a depressing episode like Episode 14. Although it's important for dramas to make good ratings, there's also something to be said about creating works that are meaningful, challenge the conventions and try different ideas and styles otherwise all dramas would be cliche and predictable if people could easily guess what would happen in the end.

:warning: Also this is a Nostalgia drama - these types of dramas are known to be stories that have a higher chance for sadder endings because the core idea is about coming-of-age and life changing from happy childhood to life as a responsible adult. I saw a Korean forum where people were talking about this so it's not as though people were caught off guard. Many people knew there might be potential for bittersweetness. Some people may be tired, but there's still plenty of people happy to play the guessing game as I've seen on social media.

I do agree with you however that I hope people don't ignore the message of the drama because of the ending. I think people should appreciate the drama for it's messages about resilience, love and growth - regardless of whether Yi Jin and Hee Do get together, the story is about appreciating the people in your life who loved you unconditionally and helped you to grow. Yes, it is a romance story, but it's also a story about finding your own strength and knowing you can survive all the hardships life throws at you. :heart:

58 minutes ago, -Love Blossom- said:

I thought I would be really disappointed if Heedo and Yijin part ways but after the watching the episode I think if they do this I will be able to understand it. Yijin is too much involved in his career and that's why Heedo's support is not reaching him. We have to remember that before lovers they were each other's support system so now that this very thing is disappearing it's understandable why they would break up. The long distance is also a matter but Yurim and Ji Woong made their relationship work although they knew each other for less time and didn't have a "history" like Beakdoo. From the preview it seemed like they're still going to break up but just with good and encouraging words.

My only wish now is that they will begin the episode by clarifying who the husband and father is. I want to watch at least one episode without stress. The scene in the tunnel is worrying me. Hopefully they will not rush it and end it with them just staring at each other.

I agree with this. I'm ok with either a happy ending or bittersweet ending as long as it's done well too. I think this story is reflective of real life and we don't always marry our first loves or stay together with our high school friends. And when things hurt us maybe we need to change.

:ok:

I also agree it would be nice to reveal the husband and then work backwards so that people know what they're in for!

• Like 2

I agree - I also want to know the answer right away and then we get to see what happened. This whole thing is stressing me out and preventing me from enjoying the last episodes to the fullest.

I am worried for BYJ to be honest. He really needs to protect himself. I understand how he does not want to get used to it, as respect for the victims and to make sure someone cares. But caring too much will prevent him from doing anything really. He needs to find a balance otherwise he will be swallowed in all this sorrow...

I liked how they include 9/11 because it was an important element of the start of the century and it really shaped news reporting as well as photojournalism. The same way they mentioned some important events in South Korea, like the Sampoong Dept. Store collapse. I like the historical reality.

One thing about the Olympics though - they use Spanish and English as the official languages but there should have been French there as well as it is always the first language broadcasted for announcements...

• Like 2

Episode 16

Spoiler

So what we feared happened: they broke up. BYJ is moving to NYC for a while. Frankly, I do not know if I want them to get back together at this point... I would rather see them re-build themselves alone.

Ah I am so torn... I want a happy ending and at the same time, I think a bittersweet ending suits the drama better.

They are signing off the couple plan and the staff member (Kim Namhee!) tried to disuade them from breaking up... I love HIM! he represents us!!! ha ha

Damn now NHD is at the hospital because all she did was to fence in order to forget... :tears:

The last diairy is with BYJ. NHD lost it in the bus and he got it. We kinda knew this was going to be the case.

Oh the hug from episode 9 appears! BYJ's dream: Ha ha... And here we all thought we would not get it!

• Like 2