[Drama 2021] The Red Sleeve Cuff, 옷소매 붉은 끝동

ferily

About bed scene...seems there will be one !!!

Lee Se Young Hinted About An Intense Scene With Lee Jun Ho In The “The Red Sleeve” Says “We haven’t filmed that scene yet, but don’t miss it”

Read more : https://kstartrend.com/2021/12/18/lee-se-young-hinted-about-an-intense-scene-with-lee-jun-ho-in-the-the-red-sleeve-says-we-havent-filmed-that-scene-yet-but-dont-miss-it/

FROM ARTICLE : Lee Jun-ho’s abs reveal, Lee Se Young said, “There might be no more abs revealing scene, but there will be a bed scene. We haven’t filmed that scene yet, but don’t miss it”, arousing audiences’ interest.

Merry Christmas my friends!!!

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

The two episodes will be aired tonight?... 

Amd how come Lord Hong sister became a Princess after being appointed as a concubine?? She hasnt even given birth to any babies... confusion confusion...

how many women does the ML have? he slept with his wives? I know it's an old time

26 minutes ago, marrez1 said:

how many women does the ML have? he slept with his wives? I know it's an old time

Good lord.. i wouldnt know.. hahahhahaha... if we follow the drama.. its probbaly NONE up to ep13.......:lol:

if we follow history, we would have to the read the royal chronical's dairy of Yisan's life... to see how many women he has slept with...hehehe:D

So... Ep 14 ended with a kiss though not all liked the kiss scene... as it was forced on by San....but i believe it had to be done, DI keep rejecting him and he is only a man and a King... kissing her is a way to show her that he is dead serious and will forced her eventually... sigh..

Glad the kiss happened, and now we will see what happened to their relationship after this...

• Like 4

Spoiler

Ok i watched ep. 15 raw and it was a also a good episode.  After the force kiss, both had super fight and the king got angry and asked her to leave the palace and never ever come back again and show her face to him.  She left immediately in the middle of the night.  The king came in the morning to the court ladies place to check if she has left and went into her room.  He saw the book of the old queen dowager granted by the previous king in the shelf.  Lady seo told him as the Royal book cannot be taken out of the palace, she left it there.  He checked the book and saw the torn paper which saved him from the previous king.  He got confused why it was there?  

I missed some parts here. 

DI had met deok ro when she had left the palace and he told her that the 2 persons who was close to the king was kicked out of the palace the same day. He asked her to join hands with him but she refused I think.  I am not too sure what he told her.

The king was on his way to somewhere and suddenly he got caught in the rain.  So stopped under a rest place and he ordered to go to the his sisters place as it was near to change his drenched clothes.  Omo, there he saw DI and it seems she is working there at the princess house.  Again there, both had fight and he told her something as if he is untying her hanbok.  She was so stubborn and didn't even blink her eyes.  Such a fearless lady, wow!!!! Actually he had planned to stay there for a day Or two. But he got upset after the fight and left immediately.  I think he met hwabin there.  I am not too sure. 

After the king left for palace, the next day lady seo came to the princess place and informed DI that she has been recalled back to the palace.  She was confused at first.  So she started to palace and on the way she met DR and told him that she is being recalled back to the palace and going there.  He asked her not to go and come with him so that they will start new life somewhere.  They had a serious talk and I need subs here.  But she refused.  He spoke to her heart breaking as if he is going to end his life. 

She went back and she was called by hwabin to serve her.  In the court the king was adviced by the blue color hanbok minister that he should never ever befriend a person like DR again.  The king was frustrated as DR was dear to him and was in a bad mood already.  Hwabin asked DI to hand over something to the king on her behalf. She went to deliver it and was shouted by the king why she came to see him?  He went to the queen dowager and asked her why did she recalled DI but she told it was not her.  He went to his mother and spoke to her.  She advised him and asked him to be happy hereafter and do what is happy to him. 

In the meantime hwabin punished DI by beating her with the bamboo stick.  I did not get the reason properly? 

In the court the king's bodyguard came with the message that DR died and gave him his last letter to the king.  In the letter he had mentioned that it was not him who saved him from the previous king.  Now he got a clue as to who saved him. 

That night king casually visited hwabin and was about to leave when he heard someone washing clothes in the middle of the night.  Hwabin prevented him from going to the wash place but he went there and saw DI washing a lot of clothes.  His heart broke and he gave hwabin earful and left. Hehe. 

In the meantime when DI returned back to her place, her friend (I forgot her name) who is obsessed of DR told her that he passed away.  She felt sad and was crying alone when the king came to her and asked if it was becoz of hwabin she was crying and does her hands hurt that much?   Awww, so sweet!!!!! She told him it's not becoz of hwabin but she heard about DR's death and is sad coz of that. 

The king confirms if she was the one who saved him from his grandfather and apologises for what he has done to her so far.  He was about to touch her face softly but withdrew his hands and was about to go when DI pulled his robes with acceptance and both hug each other tightly.  At last!!!!! The ep. Ends there. 

Ep. 15 recap.  I have done with my little knowledge of hangul.  Correct me if I am wrong anywhere.  Thanks. 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 6

Ep 13

That conversation between the King and his bodyguard at the beginning of the episode made me laugh... 

Taeho should be charging for consultations...    :lol:

56 minutes ago, pad-hari said:
  Hide contents

He was about to touch her face softly but withdrew his hands and was about to go when DI pulled his robes with acceptance and both hug each other tightly.  At last!!!!! The ep. Ends there. 

the last scene....:highonflowers:

• LOL 2

I started watching this drama  a few weeks ago only so the waiting for King's Affection's new episodes wouldn't feel so long but I caught myself waiting for its new episodes more than for the other one. This drama truly takes it to another level and today's two episodes put me through such an emotional turmoil I seldom experience watching a Kdrama. I love how real these characters feel, that we finally get a strong and capable female lead with well-formed personality, that 'dominant' male behavior is not glorified and presented as 'sexy'. 

I'm looking forward the last two episodes and I seriously hope they keep the quality of the show. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mskololia1 said:

After a female has her period, she's a woman and in childbearing age. This is the duty for centuries....Real knows real, like it or not. 

When girls enter puberty, it is not their DUTY to get pregnant and/or give birth. (In fact, it is no woman's DUTY to get pregnant and give birth.)

It can often be deadly for girls in early adolescent to carry a child to term before their bodies are ready. So yes, in primitive cultures, there is child marriage where young girls are forced to marry, but many don't survive it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sobohomom2 said:

When girls enter puberty, it is not their DUTY to get pregnant and/or give birth. (In fact, it is no woman's DUTY to get pregnant and give birth.)

It can often be deadly for girls in early adolescent to carry a child to term before their bodies are ready. So yes, in primitive cultures, there is child marriage where young girls are forced to marry, but many don't survive it.

It was and/or is for concubines and arranged marriages.  As unpleasant and harsh as the reality may have been or is yet, we have survived, no?  This drama is based on history and culture.  

In episode 14.  The library scene, lord Hong looked quite mad when looking at his expression that appeared empty along with his eyes.

Spoiler

I do wonder if his sister was poisoned....That was so painful.

• Like 2

On 12/20/2021 at 7:08 PM, pad-hari said:

Can somebody who is well versed in korean history tell me what is the significance of the red sleeve cuff in the court lady's hanbok?  thanks 

I want to work with civil engineers brisbane. Kindly give me more information regarding this company.

Edited by harrymusk

His and her balancing acts of episode 14 to return of Doek-Im the saviour of San in 15,the plot progressed on a super efficient mode.As a viewer I am used to episodes that move slow as if negotiating a traffic bottleneck.MBC should have given a caution for poor folks like me to be ready for plot that moves without a speed breaker.

The Concubine has poor advisors.You never antagonize the king's woman,the result are always unsatisfactory.Should have consulted wise grandmama as her husband did for a good closure to Doekro saga.

I wish we get to see San learning his beloved court lady was caned by the concubine and how he handles it.Till now he hasn't been kind to people who tried to cause trouble for Doek Im.

• Like 3

BokYeon being steadfast and loyal towards her crush Lord Hong till the end. She faithfully sheds tears for him alone inspite of the fact that he nearly caused her friends to die.I loved that the writer included this. Crushes are no lightweight matter in a girl's heart. Even though a villain his good looks can't be discounted.:wub:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Just finish both episodes and wow what a rollercoaster of emotions, I don't how to feel right now, I think I need a lot of rest to assimilate this and be prepare for next ones because I know next week will kill us even more than this weekend. 

Put my opinions like this to protect anyone who didn't watch this weekend episode yet :heart:

Spoiler

I just want to give a stand ovation to Lady Hyegyeong, such a mother! I'm in love with that character, and that conversation she had with her son in episode 15, break and mend again my heart at the same time. I didn't read yet someone talking about that conversation but I surely loved because that was the turning point for San, I now can of understand Deok Im and her rejections, San was always on his POV, always was he that was hurt, he that became heartbroken, he that was in pain, I think he never put himself on her shoes and how difficult was for her think on leave everything behind and even how difficult was for her reject him even if she truly loved him, after that heart to heart conversation with his mom is when he understood her position and her heart too and voila pouring his everything to her and stop putting pressure give him what he always wished, her heart, finally. I was so happy they portrayed him finally winning her like this than kind of she becoming her concubine because she didn't have other option, seems more real and of course romantic for our aching hearts.

Oh sweet jesus take the weel next weekend because will experience everything again in just 2 episodes, I can of hate MBC for making a abrupt ending to this beautiful history, everything seems so rushed and incomplete for my liking, 4 more episodes would be greater and even richer for the story and more with the quality actors they had in this drama, but I guess their schedule is more important and they had to follow that. 

Edited by celflor
  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2