[variety] New* X-man

Guest VitaDolce*

Some of the questions:

- Have not gotten surgery on their face...

- Have had ppl. come up to them on the street and say that they were good looking..

- Have had famous ppl. say that they were their style for dating...

- Have had been known for their looks, like purposely being called

--> Brian got like heart cut outs in High School for something called MR. VALENTINE

--> Hyun Joong got called @ the his families restaraunt for birthday's [The girls would lie and say it was when it wasn't, just to see him]

@ the end when the last two ppl. were being considered for the X-MAN Brian said something that I can't remember and Hyun Joong said that ppl. only think about his looks and don't think he's smart....

I hope that kind of help you!

Jina

Thanks jina - Now I kinda get it what they are talking about. TQ

thanks for the guest list! need the comfirmation that Andy was gonna be on. I'm actually confident that the xman pd will change this show back into a 2 episode thing!! it makes more sense that way. Andy needs more air time!!!!

i also predit that Brian and Bada will perform. Brian didn't get to last time so i expect he will this timel. And Bada is too awesome to pass up. hmmm Park Myung Soo hasn't performed yet right? and neither has Kang Ho Dong... that would be interesting

I want to see Park Myung Soo performance also, He always do something funny. If we have more air time maybe we can get more artist to perform and more game to be played... As many people said before it should have 2 week episode back.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest damifino

^ For me, I like the games and the various talking segments, the show itself has been fun... I just don't like the repeat guests and I don't mean Haha and Park Myung Soo. They are regular cast members who just add humor and levity to the show just as the hosts MC Yoo, Kang Ho Dong, and Lee Hyuk Jae do. I'm talking about GUEST guests who appear on the show and do the SAME thing over and over again OR just stand there and do nothing. They already have the 5 regulars who appear on every episode, must the remaining 9 be regulars too?

I tried to post this last night, but it seems the site was having problems... And sorry for the long length ^^;

I truly miss the old X-man. I absolutely adored the old X-man, but it really started going downhill after Park Kyung Lim left (for me, Park Kyung Lim was X-man). I mean, a number of the new games were great, but it didn't have quite the personality it used to. When I watched the old X-man, even without subs or any explanations of what was going on, I was able to understand what was going on, the point of the show, and I very rarely skipped over segments (until the end, that is).

When Lee Hyuk Jae came on the show, I was so sad. I'm sorry, but Lee Hyuk Jae scares me and just plain spoils my mood when he's focused on for too long. And then the teams changed. I used to love watching HaMyungGook, or even just HaMyung (which inspired a similar group on Kang team with Ji Sang Ryul and ...something Jin (the NRG angry boy or something), the name escapes me at the moment) goofing around and then recruiting random members to fill the void Kim Jong Gook left. But they broke it apart, and that right there zapped about a quarter of the fun away from the show.

So when the New X-man came out, I had high hopes that maybe the team leaders would change again or they'd revive some of the lost spark. They'd spoken a lot about the public reactions to segments in the past, so you'd think they'd want to take that into account for a new show. So when I watched the new X-man, I felt very disappointed and actually betrayed. I figured the first episode was introductory, so it's bound to be a bit boring, but I had so much trouble understanding what was going on, even with the explanation on the front page here(and this is the only time I've ever read an explanation for a show. Games, I didn't understand a lot at first, but I've never had so much trouble figuring out the point of any of the other variety shows.)

And I more than agree with those who said there wasn't enough time to the episodes. Quite a number of the variety shows I've seen have at least two episodes per cast group. With this having only one episode, it's very limited. There are only three segments and it goes without saying that the less interesting bits get cut, so yeah, those who don't really richard simmons themselves out aren't going to be seen much. And the games aren't quite as exciting. I loved the dodgeball, the XO battle has a little of the old Couple Game in it, as it's based on the artists' performances, however, I too disagree with some of the ratings. I do not like the question segment. What is the point to that? To get to know your celebrities a little better? That's what interviews and internet profiles are for, sweeties. And I can't even begin to understand the wanna-be frying pan game. I agree that the pans were far more entertaining and it's more motivation to not mess up. However... I still don't understand, what are they trying to do with that? Is it that they're supposed to choose random numbers 1-5 and what they say cannot match the number of fingers they put out?

As for the last episode... It was quite a bit better than the first, but the lack of an actual full-out physical game made me sad, especially with that guest list. I loved Haha's over-done pained cry when he was denied the chance to really play the number game. It's a shame the show wasn't longer so we could have more amusing outbursts such as that. The question segment I skipped all together... is there even a way for a team to win that? Or is that sortof a lame attempt at having a verbal segment in place of the Of Course game? I personally hope this doesn't make the final cut when the show truly gets rolling.

The XO battle has potential, but again, it's based on the artists' performances. I miss being able to see performances from everyone on the teams, and I kindof doubt the reasoning of the judges. From how I understand it, the guests try to impress the judges, and if they're impressed, you get an O, if not, the X. I have a feeling that the judges are just going by preference though. Sung Shi Kyung in the second episode, for example. His performance, while I didn't like the song choice, was very impressive, but wasn't rated well. Stephanie, on the other hand, while she has in the past performed some very impressive dances, did not seem to give her best. Yes, she put on a nice show, but I hardly found it impressive. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something though... Well, in any case, I could’ve cried watching Hyun Joong’s performance. His dances are always very impressive. He could become the ugliest man on the planet, but as long as he dances like that, I’ll forever swoon at the thought of him. The Haha, Joon Gyu, and Seok Jin performance, while not exactly impressive, was very enjoyable. And what in the world happened with Young Saeng? Was the piano all there was to his performance? Or was he originally intending to sing, and everyone else kinda took over? And they were confessions? What’d they say???

The rankings… different people have different views of beauty, and even then, you may not want to have the same looks as someone else who’s especially good looking. People who we would not normally categorize as especially good looking can still have a certain charm to them that we may not be able to place. For example, I don’t find Sung Shi Kyung’s looks to be the kind I would normally be impressed by, but he still brings out the fangirl in me. There’s also the chance that the celebrities taking the polls aren’t taking them seriously. I find it hard to believe that the stars who are more full of themselves would want to look like someone else, so perhaps they answered the question more as “who do I think it would be interesting to look like?”.

I really hope they iron out the kinks on the show. It has potential, but if it keeps going at this rate, I'm afraid I'm going to have to just rewatch all of the old x-man episodes until I find something better to entertain myself with.

Guest list? 11/26

이미지를 바꾸면 더 잘될 것 같은 사람은?

06xman_0501.jpg06xman_0502.jpg06xman_0503.jpg06xman_0504.jpg06xman_0505.jpg06xman_0506.jpg

06xman_0507.jpg06xman_0508.jpg06xman_0509.jpg06xman_0510.jpg06xman_0511.jpg

브라이언, 이승기, 홍경민, 앤디, 김현정, 백지영

바 다, 라이언, 하동균, 하 하, 박명수

Brian, Lee Seung Gi, Hong Kyung Min, Andy, ?, Baek Ji Young?

Bada, Ryan, ?, Haha, Park Myung Soo

whee for lee seung gi and brian on xman! I hope this week they let brian dance in the star battle, lol.

Guest cutebabe

Im so excited this week, Bada and Brian are on, and Bada is going to perform im pretty sure she will, i hope them two are in the same teams, there funny, but truthfully this new Xman is messing the interactions between other guests, cause you don't get enough talk between the Guests, and you mainly hear the funny ones talk, but im gonna keep watching Xman because truthfully its only the beginning of the new Xman, in due time it will tell whiether the show will get better or not, and most shows start out alright but get better later, its only been 4 eposides so far so wait a little longer and lets hope they make some good changes, i don't want Xman to get cut, this is one of my main souce of fun since Loveletter was cancelled i still can't believe they cut that show, it was incrediably funny, love Kim Jong Min, they should seriously bring him back on Xman maybe him, SJH and CHM could become guest cause im sure that they would create great amounts of comedy

I tried to post this last night, but it seems the site was having problems... And sorry for the long length ^^;

I truly miss the old X-man. I absolutely adored the old X-man, but it really started going downhill after Park Kyung Lim left (for me, Park Kyung Lim was X-man). I mean, a number of the new games were great, but it didn't have quite the personality it used to. When I watched the old X-man, even without subs or any explanations of what was going on, I was able to understand what was going on, the point of the show, and I very rarely skipped over segments (until the end, that is).

When Lee Hyuk Jae came on the show, I was so sad. I'm sorry, but Lee Hyuk Jae scares me and just plain spoils my mood when he's focused on for too long. And then the teams changed. I used to love watching HaMyungGook, or even just HaMyung (which inspired a similar group on Kang team with Ji Sang Ryul and ...something Jin (the NRG angry boy or something), the name escapes me at the moment) goofing around and then recruiting random members to fill the void Kim Jong Gook left. But they broke it apart, and that right there zapped about a quarter of the fun away from the show.

i bolded the guys name.....his name is Lee Sung Jin from NRG and yes, i miss him on the show. him and haha made me laugh hysterically! AND i miss park kyung lim. she was a crazy character, especially when it was her turn to dance on the couple selection parts hahaha.

the new xman is ok. i am kind of getting tired of just one episode b/c i feel there needs to be more. just when you are getting all into it and riled up, it's like "oooh now who is the xman?" and i feel sad b/c it's already over. i think they need to spice up the different games b/c i am getting tired of seeing the 손다로 입다로 game. it's funny but seeing it every week is redundant and boring. the past ep wasn't too bad but i think they'll spice it up especially if they want to get better ratings and also, to keep fans interested in the show. i have faith that it'll get better.

plus, i love seeing MC Yoo. he's my favorite!!!!!

Guest fishzgal

oh yesh~!~ seung gi's gonna b on the 4th episode.... together w brian.... hehe.... life without chae yeon for the time being.... at least its compensated with able to see seung gi n brian~!~ hehehe... coz i reali like giyeon & brian-chae yeon couple :P

hopefully the 4th episode is worth watchin.... coz the 1st 3.... aint tat great.... compared to old xmans......

andy andy andy.... hope to see his old cutie funie break dances :P

considering its one episode definitely have a new guest list on each week. it gets boring if you see someone on for 3 of 4, and so on episodes. i agree after Park Kyung Lim left, XMan went downhill. no offense to hyuk Jae but to me hes not funny, i dont mind him as a guest but hes not a good host for xman. I do enjoy him on YSMM though. PKL brought out the artists personalities so when you watched your fave artist who might normally be shy and quiet in a interview, if they were on XMAN PKL would do something to bring there personailty out for example through her dances. I find the majority of her performances are the best on the XMAN show. I just wish that PKL didnt leave. but thats the past, and so im just hoping they extend it two episodes and some more easy to understand games or atleast bring back some old games, like palm hitting. hehe. They also should mix up the games on each episode two, sure its great to have a format but when its only one episode you do need more varitey

Guest damifino

can the same person become the xman twice?

It just all depends on the surveys that they asked the 100 or so celebrities so anyone can be Xman even if they were Xman before.

As for variety of games, they've done a good job... the only game that they have every week is star battle and they have varied the other games.

episode 1: dodgeball, star battle, lip/hand number game

episode 2: dodgeball, star battle, stairs Q&A

episode 3: lip/hand number game, star battle, stairs Q&A

Guest mochamist

I was watching this with my mom and she bet that Brian would be the Xman and I thought it would be the other guy, and I was really surprised and apparently my mom says its because the other guy got his nose lifted from surgery, and obviously, celebrities know this and they prefer completely natural looking people so they voted for Brian. And Stephanie...isn't pretty. She can only dance really well, which gives the false impression of being attractive. I thought the other girl (the one who did the doll dancing) was sooooo much cuter and had a better sense of humor than the other two girls (the other one who barely did anything). I thought she was really unappreciated in this show.

And I know people have been complaining about this being a bit boring, but oh my god, if any of you saw Xman when it FIRST came out, like the first episode...it put me in a coma. It was like all these random people I don't see anymore, and it was so awkward and so much talking. After like 6 months, it started to get better when they did the horse back game and the physical activities. Oh yeah, they also dragged on the Xman part to like 4 episodes and the celebrities would get so tired and they had to change it b/c they made the Xman swear to keep it a secret and apparently it was too stressful.

Guest sereneryne

Bada Baek Ji Yong Bada Baek Ji Yong Bada Baek Ji Yong Bada Baek Ji Yong

I WANT LEE JONG SOO AND LEE JUNG BACK!

Guest claustrophobic

YAY!!! i can see BRIAN on the new guest list again!!! Brian is like a gameshow favourite and since Love Letter's ended im assuming he's gonna be a regular on XMAN like Haha and Park Myung Soo now....HOORAY!!! and im excited to see that Bada's gonna be on...cos she's good friends with Brian so im expecting Brian to be more into the game with her around. though i still think the games on the new XMAN are sooo boring...i like the concept of the poll though...cos its interesting to see what other celebs think of the XMAN guests. oooh...and i hope Brian does that star battle thing (is that what the dancing bit is called??? :unsure: ).

Archived