[Drama 2021-2022] The Second Husband, 두번째 남편

Lmangla

Very nice episode today.  They did not give us any really troublesome cliffhangers or anything to make us stay upset through 2.5 weeks, which was nice too.

The good thing is that HR is trying to tell BSH all the details.  She was there to talk about JM, but BSH stopped her by saying she has nothing going on with JM... I wanted to slap her on her head, but what do we do... She diverted HR to the father story. Argh.  At least HR looks like she is going to tell BSH pretty soon about JM.  I expect it to be within another 2 or 3 episodes max, after the drama returns.  It may take a little longer for BSH to then do something to ease JM's pain.  It was so sad to see how much he is suffering.

Loved it when the Bakery lady stopped JK from overhearing much.  I was getting really mad that we would have to go through the next 2.5 weeks with the worry that JK has heard everything!  She only heard BSH say, "tell me how my dad died, what happened to my dad's company, and why I need to keep it a secret that I am his daughter"... JK didn't seem to figure out what that was about, later when she recalled what she overheard.

Yes, JK now knows the details of the Sharon and J-Capital story, as of the end of the episode.  But that is no big deal; we expected her to figure that out at some point soon anyway.  Nothing much she can do about it.

From the preview, we see somebody seeing on a rear-view mirror SC sending KYD away.  I have to think that it is Mr. Kang.  We hear HR asking somebody to find KYD, as he is in danger.  To either Mr. Kang or the prison unnie.  It would be more fun if it is the prison unnie, because then we can have another "mission impossible" operation with the Unnie and JinAh.

All in all, I am okay with where the story ended up before the break.  (We have no episode tomorrow, right?)

And, that wig looks horrible on JK.  Here is what she will do if she looks in the mirror.

Screaming Bad Hair Day GIF by HelloGiggles

Edited by ferily
Please avoid using any gifs with profanity words as per Soompi Forum Rule #1: No Profanity. Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 3

JM broke by heart the last 2 episodes. I felt sad for him more than I felt for BSH?????? :dissapointed_relieved: when I saw the tears falling down from his eyes. I was like NOOOOOOO!!!! poor JM. him looking beat up and hurt and crying on the bed is even worst!!! I'm heartbroken for both JM and BSH

I check with MBC schedule. - look like we still have the episode tomorrow.  Maybe after tomorrow. It will be on hiatus for 2.5 weeks.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, jennien said:

I check with MBC schedule. - look like we still have the episode tomorrow.  Maybe after tomorrow. It will be on hiatus for 2.5 weeks.  

Oh, I was hoping that they would leave it at where it was today.  That would have been perfect.  Now they may end tomorrow's episode on some bad cliffhanger that leaves us in a bad mood for 2 weeks :(

• Like 2

8 hours ago, maribella said:

Did Mrs Joo ask BSH about her relationship with JM? I think she did, again a caveat my Korean is dismal. 

Did she expect BSH to continue dating her brother? Good lord. Mrs Joo is a strange one to me. 

Yes, HR asked her about the relationship with JM and if she broke up with JM, also mentioning what JM said earlier that he was in love with BSH.  But BSH was trying to act unconcerned (which was natural, as she wouldn't want her mother to feel so icky that her son and daughter could have been in a romance).  So BSH said that what JM said was all fake and was only for the Sharon contract wedding scam.  HR wasn't trying to ask her to continue to date, but was clearly going to tell her that JM is not a half-brother.  But BSH just cut her off.  She was trying to change the topic to her own dad's story, and acting like there was no romance issue that was troubling her.  Not HR's fault today.  It was all BSH jumping the gun and not giving HR a chance to start talking to her like she is a mom she can trust.  

BSH still doesn't trust HR at all, and looks at her very suspiciously.  Can't blame her on that either, based on all the experience she has had.  Also, now she has found out that Mr. Kang and HR hadn't told her about HR being behind J-capital, so she thinks that HR and Mr. Kang were using her in some plot that she doesn't understand - which BSH said today.  Her suspicions need to go away before she will open up with HR.

I actually find this part of the writing quite good.  Rather carefully done and realistic.

• Like 6

So Episode 120 ...

Well this is clearly an extension splice episode -

- JK ends the evening with short dark hair, goes to work in the morning with LONG RED hair ... and NO ONE comments on it ... Damn, those midnight Korean hair salons are good ... :rolleyes:

- Sang-Mi doesn't seem pleased at JK's return .... hmmmm

- JK finally figures out BSH was Sharon ... and appears to overhear MSH being sleazy tomorrow ... damn good ears

... and now for the EPIC FAIL that was the Hae-Ran/BSH conversation

As 120 was the original episode count, obviously JM birth secret/fauxcest angst was supposed to be short lived, and keeping with the story, Hae-Ran as the one holding all the information would be the one to bring all parties back together. Add 30 episodes and they put together todays crap engagement -

- Hae-Ran knows something is very wrong with JM & BSH, and she clearly was there to talk about it.

- Hae-Ran knows Jae-Min and BSH are in love and states so. She has seen them together many many times

- BSH in her conversation with Bok-Soon just prior to the Hae-Ran conversation stated that Hae-Ran knew she was her daughter ..."a long time ago"

- BSH straight up mentions JM and herself as "SIBLINGS" ... how does Hae-Ran NOT stop it right there mid-sentence?

- BSH thinks Hae-Ran is there because she thinks JM & BSH might've done the naughties ... if so, why WOULDN'T BSH lash out at Hae-Ran for not telling BSH sooner as BSH clearly knows Hae-Ran knew they were mother/daughter ... "a long time ago"?

I know as a drama, situations like this are often drawn out, but for a drama that has been as solid as this is, that scene was put together poorly - with everything that was said, the fact that the situation at its heart wasn't addressed, is UNBELIEVABLE even by Kdrama standards.

6 words end it all  ...  "Jae Min is not your brother"

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jayakris said:

Yes, HR asked her about the relationship with JM and if she broke up with JM, also mentioning what JM said earlier that he was in love with BSH.  But BSH was trying to act unconcerned (which was natural, as she wouldn't want her mother to feel so icky that her son and daughter could have been in a romance).

They all went out together with TY a few times, and Mrs Joo could see how they interacted. If she could not tell they were in love, she is a strange woman. 

I don't think BSH's denial of her relationship is concern for Mrs Joo's feelings, which she doesn't care. It's part of her breaking off.

8 hours ago, jayakris said:

her that JM is not a half-brother.  But BSH just cut her off.  She was trying to change the topic to her own dad's story, and acting like there was no romance issue that was troubling her. 

I don't think it's due to her trust issues with her mother, it's a continuation of her noble idiocy, so she pretends.

55 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

BSH in her conversation with Bok-Soon just prior to the Hae-Ran conversation stated that Hae-Ran knew she was her daughter ..."a long time ago"

- BSH straight up mentions JM and herself as "SIBLINGS" ... how does Hae-Ran NOT stop it right there mid-sentence?

Exactly, not just now but way earlier, Mrs Joo should be agonising on how to break it to BSH. But all she has been doing is say 'Bit Na ah' XX times. 

JM himself denied they had a fight, he came home drunk, was looking unwell, ... aren't that too much of a coincidence with BSH's knowing her parentage? Mrs Joo has no inkling? She is a strange woman.

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Sang-Mi doesn't seem pleased at JK's return .... hmmmm

@LeftCoastOppa

You were doing so well with your insightful posting, then of course you have to bring in Ms Moon. Tuesday Morning Reaction GIF by The Secret Life Of Pets

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

- BSH thinks Hae-Ran is there because she thinks JM & BSH might've done the naughties ... if so, why WOULDN'T BSH lash out at Hae-Ran for not telling BSH sooner as BSH clearly knows Hae-Ran knew they were mother/daughter ... "a long time ago"?

Definitely. This was a plot hole that had existed for a few episodes. That is, BSH not asking HR why she didn't tell her that JM was her brother.  That should have happened right during or after the columbarium scene where BSH learned that HR had found out about  BitNa being BSH. 

But maybe BSH thought that HR had only just found out, so didn't think in that direction at the columbarium.  But after finding out from Mr. Kang that he and HR had known it for a while (since the time a lawyer was sent with a fake will from her dad), the first thing we would expect BSH to do would be to meet or call HR and scream at her why a  mother wouldn't stop her daughter from dating her son!

The only explanation is that BSH can possibly think that HR might not have believed what JM said earlier, with HR not having any direct knowledge of a romance.  I don't think BSH has been caught in any obvious romantic scene with JM by HR, so BSH may be unsure how much HR knows.  A bit of a stretch, but possible.  At least BSH response today was like she thought HR knew very little of it, and it could be explained away as fake.  Then I can imagine that BSH would try to avoid giving any hint of a romance, out of her own guilt.  Again, it is a stretch.

Maybe I should correct myself in what I said above that the BSH-HR conversation was rather realistic.  It was realistic only if BSH just doesn't think that HR knows of any serious romance.  Maybe she thinks HR doesn't?  (And actually, may be HR doesn't know still that JM is deeply in love with BSH?  Possible?  I don't know...)

20 minutes ago, maribella said:

They all went out together with TY a few times, and Mrs Joo could see how they interacted. If she could not tell they were in love, she is a strange woman. 

I was typing the above as you posted this.  Yes, it is a stretch to say that HR would not have noticed.  But to be fair, I need to go back and watch the scenes.  Nothing comes to mind about any obvious acts of romance between JM and BSH in her presence.

In any event, HR is indeed a strange woman.  Seems to be stupid at times.  The chairman got her to marry him, and to not even search for the mother in law.  She seems to just believe some things easily, like when JK duped her with a fake daugher.  She can be smart and stupid at the same time :)

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Here we go again with JK and BSH threatening each other for the next 10 episodes or maybe more,BTW did anybody miss JK? I didn’t ,so this is how its gonna continues and now JK know BSH is Sharon I’m getting real tired of JK character is getting real old there other characters that need to be resolved like JM birth,baker lady missing child,chairmen murder of Bit Na father, I was hoping that the snake was gonna kill JK husband for hurting his precious JK it did not happen so is JK all over again. Now the writer is breaking up BAH and JM when they need each other more now to fight these evil people and I’m really hating BSH now for not being honest with JM with the truth after all he help BSH with her revenge to get this far if she love him like she says she owe him the truth so they can continue with taking down these evil people, I was wondering do the writer look at their show ratings to see how people reacting to their show I notice is going down ,better step up writer.Girl Reaction GIF by Victoria's Secret PINK

• Like 2
  • LOL 1