[Drama 2022] Alchemy Of Souls: Light and Shadow ✴ 반환

Maetawinz

6 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Bu Yeon ... the nuclear option ... ?

first there is so-i who discovered baseball as daeho national sport.. now we have bu yeon, founder of korean fried chicken (according to @LeftCoastOppa’s gif) lol

3 hours ago, maribella said:

I want to see something spectacular

bu yeon will summon the tornado storm to counter the queen’s massive soul ejectors

The 4Th Awakens Tornado GIF by SYFY

then there will be rainbow and flower sprinkles to celebrate victory

heavy metal GIF by Nelson Diaz

finally the great golden magikarp (tansu fish) will appear and wipe out everyone’s memory and no one remembers ice stone existence..

Pokemon Tcg Swimming GIF by Pokémon

• LOL 4

6 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

finally the great golden magikarp (tansu fish) will appear and wipe out everyone’s memory and no one remembers ice stone existence..

Then somebody will find MD loitering by the lake not remembering what she's doing there. The last thing she remembers was fishing for lunch. I still like the little peasant girl, 3 in 1 scenario.

Sounds good, but all the pairs would be in a mess?

• LOL 5

4 minutes ago, maribella said:

Then somebody will find MD loitering by the lake not remembering what she's doing there. The last thing she remembers was fishing for lunch

otherwise there can be the Alice scenerio which @LeftCoastOppa @Sleepy Owl can never forget..

the final ice stone gets destroyed with the help of @partyon ‘s favorite hobo ahjussi oppa delivering the final slash of his sword that jang uk threw to him, the decades he spent wandering was not in vain, he learnt a new self taught -su skill that has never been documented anywhere.. not even master seo..

next we knew, its back at the scene where the sickly king tried to convince jang gang to soul shift with him.. (yes, @partyon would be delighted to see him back in a glorious image!) it was timetravel-su !!

guess what jang gang told the king?

Spoiler

Snap Out Of It Wake Up GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

• LOL 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

41 minutes ago, maribella said:

I don't think they will fight, but the little issue of whether they are related is still not resolved.

Way back in June I posted this ... still standing by it headed into the last 2 episodes ...

On 6/26/2022 at 10:00 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

After watching episode 4, I'm getting the real crazy idea that the stated in-story rumor just might be true - Park Jin may indeed be Jang Uk's real father. He had the affair with Do-Hwa before either the King or Jang Gang.

He seems far to concerned about Jang Uk than a simple loyal family friend, and his scene with Jang Uk in the secret room after he was stabbed kinda cemented it for me. Still bleeding, He talked to Uk in an almost proud amusement at first, concerned more about Uk's wounds than his own.

It also fits the back story, what little we've seen - If he did have an affair with Do-Hwa, yet believes she died due to the complications arising out of the Alchemy of Souls between the King & Jang Gang, that may be why he pursues those who practice the forbidden magic with such zeal.  Additionally, Park Jin isn't Dang-Gu's father, he's his uncle  

Yeah, I know its a stretch but after watching it twice, I'm convinced ... for now at least

Come On Park Jin! ... after Jang Uk, just grab Maidservant Kim and bring it home! 

• LOL 4
  • Blob 2

I am glad this season is finally coming to an end.

Only 2 more episodes and @LeftCoastOppa will be in for the ride of his life.

Fire Elmo GIF

Forced to watch 8 episodes of a Thai lakorn because he lost the bet he made with me regarding me being able to finish this drama! Muahahah

Season 9 Phoebe GIF by Friends

• Shocked 1
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

true - Park Jin may indeed be Jang Uk's real father. He had the affair with Do-Hwa before either the King or Jang Gang.

He seems far to concerned about Jang Uk than a simple loyal family friend, and his scene with Jang

You mean the most beautiful woman in Daeho married the chief mage while pregnant, by the deputy chief mage. Grosss.

If the kid is the chosen one, it would have been hard for her to hide it, JU would have an aura. All chosen ones do, like Eddie Murphy's Golden child. Anyway, why not just marry Park Jin? His silky locks are not to be sniffed at, so say many others. 

@LeftCoastOppa you are going to be disappointed by the Yul-So-I sunken ship already, don't break your heart with this too. 

You still have S2 to watch and post recaps. Laugh Out Loud Laughing GIF by Aurora Consulting

• LOL 3

Okay - I have NEVER paused this show to come here and post, but 3 minutes into episode 19 and ...

Spoiler

Jang Gang is Bu Yeons father???!!!

So I help me out here ...

Seo Hye Won | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

If we went 19 episodes to end on brother/sister .... then chingu @Sleepy Owl was right ... they ALICE'd it!

UNFRICKEN BELIEVABLE!

Angry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Hey @maribella ... can Park Jin be his father now???:lol:

Okay, a few more minutes in, and maybe not ... :rolleyes:

Edited by LeftCoastOppa
The Hong Sisters stepped back from the abyss ...
  • Shocked 1
  • LOL 6

29 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Okay - I have NEVER paused this show to come here and post, but 3 minutes into episode 19 and ...

Hide contents

If we went 19 episodes to end on brother/sister .... then chingu @Sleepy Owl was right ... they ALICE'd it!

UNFRICKEN BELIEVABLE!

As attorney Woo would say to @LeftCoastOppa whoa whoa....

:blush:

So JG who was gropping the Jin mama so the dead foetus lived was also the pappy?  I find it grosss, sorry @TheQueenReturns I know he's your oppa but ugh, all these body-swappings are confusing and bed-swappings are so tacky.

• LOL 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

41 minutes ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

Hide contents

Seo Hye Won | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

UNFRICKEN BELIEVABLE!

Angry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

he is not the father, Jin mu lying to manipulate the dad

• Like 5

I really feel bad for Yul. I want to give him a big, warm hug.

I have a bad feeling about the ending of this drama.

11 hours ago, AlterEgoNo9 said:

I smell tragedy...heartbreak...death 

Same sentiments. It doesn’t seem right that we’re getting the happy part when there’s still episode left and a lot of secrets have yet to be revealed.

Edited by ferily
Please don't quote videos. Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, marrez1 said:

he is not the father, Jin mu lying to manipulate the dad

I think this also. When you actually see the scene of Jin Mama begging Jang Gang to use the ice stone to revive her baby, there is never any mention of this at all. It's never his child or their child--it's hers. The reason he did it was not to save his child but to get possession of the ice stone. (However, that line did shock me at first, too!) 

Other thoughts:

All the crazy broke out in this episode, my gosh. How is this country still functioning with so many power hungry zombie crazies running things??! 

That was the most healing and heartbreaking second lead scene/resolution I've ever seen. I teared up in that one.

Also a lot of lovely healing growth for Mudeok and Uk. Ahhh the cinematography is so pretty pretty pretty at the end! (Unfortunately, there is still the issue of her residing in someone else's body, so I fear that ep 20 will definitely end in a heartrending cliffhanger in which JSM's part will end in this storyline, and it will be torture to wait until DECEMBER to see how it is solved. If I was smart, I would end with this episode and not watch the rest until it's done. However, I am probably not that disciplined...)

Please, cp, we are all counting on you to not follow Jin Mu's stupid evil plans. Remember that Songrim are your best buds? Please? I like the cp! His gears work slowly but he also makes sure to pick up all the pieces and look closely at them. I laughed at his expression when Uk quoted his master and then Mudeok came up and said the same line. His wiggly eyebrows meant the gears were turning... Hopefully with Uk telling him to take responsibility, he will realize Uk does not want to claim power and there's no need to follow Jin Mu into a terrible offensive against him.

• Like 9
  • Blob 1

Honestly, @LeftCoastOppa  I freaked out too!!    It's just completely gross to me if the writers pulled in this sick idea in Ep19!!!!! ....so sick!!  :onfirex:    Luckily....it was not true... :sweats:   And so Bu-yeon is DEAD together with you-know-what???? (can't say spoiler)  :crazymad:

@partyon  :criesariver:   Our ship Y/N finally tanked.......  still cannot believe it....  and now what????    Sol-i?? .... and with that worm, he now will have eyes for her???:omg:      Seriously, how does that worm work?   I thought it was something that could kill her as Jin Mu controls it, how could she remove it so easily?   It's unreal.....illogical.    And isn't it a sorcery???   :idk:

Spoiler

Cho-Yeon's father's death was predicted by us but the way he died....   his role was pretty weird to me.   For a mage family like Jin, really surprised they had no background check on him before he married the Jin mama...    And Jin mama's first husband, also the father of Bu-yeon, was like Bu-yeon , an unimportant role?

I think my main gripe about this drama is they have hyped out a most powerful person in the storyline who turns out to exist only in a ghostly form from beginning till the end.   At the end, we still have no idea what really happened to Bu-yeon...............  :crazily:     really no respect! :kicks:

And igniting the wrong light in the CP is not going down well with me too....turning him into a villain??  NO!!   :smashes:

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, K-dramafan22 said:

Sol-i?? .... and with that worm, he now will have eyes for her???:omg:      Seriously, how does that worm work?   

I was wondering how blood transfusions worked in this ancient fantasy world. I guess it's by worm. :D

I don't think it makes Yul in love with Soyi, though. However, it was useful that she saved his life. (Where did she go, by the way??)

I would guess that Buyeon does not survive (since JSM is not in season 2), but I don't know if she's dead yet. The trailer hints that there is more to be resolved with the 2 souls/1 body issue. My prediction is that before the wedding can happen, Naksu's soul gets taken out of Buyeon's body, leaving us in a large cliffhanger, and more to work out before they can ultimately tie off that plotline. And so I feel that a lot will come out about Buyeon in ep 20.

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

39 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

I was wondering how blood transfusions worked in this ancient fantasy world. I guess it's by worm. :D

I don't think it makes Yul in love with Soyi, though. However, it was useful that she saved his life. (Where did she go, by the way??)

I would guess that Buyeon does not survive (since JSM is not in season 2), but I don't know if she's dead yet. The trailer hints that there is more to be resolved with the 2 souls/1 body issue. My prediction is that before the wedding can happen, Naksu's soul gets taken out of Buyeon's body, leaving us in a large cliffhanger, and more to work out before they can ultimately tie off that plotline. And so I feel that a lot will come out about Buyeon in ep 20.

A curse to kill someone inside if they do not obey can become a blood transfusion is something I cannot reconcile....loll

The writers are making me a little nervous with the loose ends and if the greatest cliffhanger is guessing about Bu-Yeon and Naksu....to find out in Season 2....:sweats:...then it's a :omg: for me...... 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

8 minutes ago, K-dramafan22 said:

A curse to kill someone inside if they do not obey can become a blood transfusion is something I cannot reconcile....loll

It does seem a bit of a jump, lol. Hopefully it does not ultimately have negative consequences for Yul? That would be rather nasty. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 1