Jung Yong Hwa 정용화 | Drama 2023 : Brain Works

rocher22

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • partyon changed the title to Jung Yong Hwa 정용화 | Drama 2023 : Brain Works
  • 10 months later...

***Jung Yong Hwa  is set to appear in the upcoming film 'Favorite Restaurant' (literal translation), as confirmed by FNC Entertainment on June 18 KST. 'Favorite Restaurant' is a heartwarming and humorous mystery film about people unrelated by blood who come together, relying on kindness and trust to find a way forward. Jung Yonghwa will play the role of Cha Ki Yong who is a mysterious character that after a troubled adolescence and twenties, returns to his hometown of Judeok-dong to open an adult PC room. Seeking a fresh start, he leaves his dark past behind in search of a new life. The film has recently finalized its casting and begun filming, with a release planned for next year (2025).  :Fist1:

0001069609_001_20240618093423408.jpg?typ

source https://m.entertain.naver.com/now/article/468/0001069609

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CNBLUE's Jung Yong Hwa Confirmed To Star In New Mystery Film For First Time In 7 Years

20230905143639_Jung-Yong-Hwa-1.jpg?s=900

CNBLUE’s leader and actor Jung Yong Hwa is returning to the big screen for the first time in seven years!

On June 18, FNC Entertainment announced that Jung Yong Hwa has been cast in the movie “Favorite Restaurant” (literal title) and has started filming.

“Favorite Restaurant” is a heartwarming and enjoyable mystery film where individuals gather based on mutual recognition and trust to find solutions.

In the film, Jung Yong Hwa portrays Cha Ki Yong, who after navigating his troubled teens and twenties, returns to his hometown of Joodeok as an adult to open an internet cafe. He embodies a mysterious character seeking a fresh start in his hometown, aiming to leave his past behind.

Jung Yong Hwa is set to return to the big screen following his last film “Cook Up a Storm” in 2017. Previously, Jung Yong Hwa showcased his acting range in “The Package,” “Brain Works,” and “Sell Your Haunted House.” Renowned for playing diverse roles across romance, thrillers, and comedy, his comeback is eagerly awaited.

The film is scheduled for release in 2025. Stay tuned for more updates!

credit : soompi news

• 1 month later...

CNBlue, UVERworld rock together with 'Unlimited Challenge' in Seoul

Bands CNBlue and UVERworld at Pia Arena MM on June 15 [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

Bands CNBlue and UVERworld at Pia Arena MM on June 15 [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

The vibrant worlds of Korean and Japanese rock collided on Saturday as Korea's CNBlue and Japan's UVERworld held their joint concert "Unlimited Challenge" at Korea University's Tiger Dome in Seongbuk District, central Seoul. This performance marked the second installment of the concert series, following its debut on June 15 at Pia Arena MM in Japan, and was UVERworld’s inaugural performance in Korea.

In anticipation of the Seoul show, the two bands held a joint interview on Friday at FNC Entertainment headquarters in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. The session featured CNBlue’s vocalist Jung Yong-Hwa alongside UVERworld’s vocalist Takuya Shimizu and drummer Shintarou Tamaki.

“It is nice that this exchange happened for a second time,” said Jung. “I am learning so much [from UVERworld].”

Jung shared that he was seeking new motivation at this point in his career, and the Japanese band’s live performance gave him what he needed.

“I was shocked by the overwhelming energy and the way the band sequenced its songs in the setlist,” he said, reflecting on UVERworld's impact during their joint concert in Japan. “I was also influenced by how the message it wanted to convey through music is powerfully delivered on stage sets with visuals playing on the back screen.”

Rock band UVERworld [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

Rock band UVERworld [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

“We went on stage after CNBlue finished its set anxious — in a good way — since they were great performers,” said Shimizu, commenting on the two bands' performance in June. “I also tend to use my whole body energetically when performing, but Jung seems to do even more physical activity on stage than I do. It is something I respect.”

The collaboration between the bands was conceived over a shared meal. Shimizu said he attended a CNBlue concert in Japan as a fan, which led to discussions about the idea of a joint concert over food. 

“I always thought CNBlue was a really great band, so when they said they'd like to work together, I eagerly jumped at the chance right then and there,” he said.

“We were talking about our love for live performances,” Jung added. “UVERworld seemed to share our attitude toward performing live, and that made us want to work together."

Rock band CNBlue [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

Rock band CNBlue [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

Reflecting on the June concert, Jung described it as “writing a story of our own,” emphasizing the mutual inspiration and positive influence for fans of both bands. Shimizu expressed his desire to continue collaborating, saying that he hopes they can keep doing joint performances, even in very large venues, despite the pressure and challenges.

"It was a shame that fans in Japan didn't know about such a great band,” said Shimizu. “I wanted to let people know there are such wonderful artists through the concert."

Spoiler

Bands CNBlue and UVERworld [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

Bands CNBlue and UVERworld [FNC ENTERTAINMENT]

CNBlue debuted as a four-member rock band in 2010, with its first EP, “Bluetory,” elevating the group to fame with the lead track “Loner.” The band restructured itself as a three-member band after the departure of Lee Jong-hyun over accusations of involvement in the Burning Sun scandal. 

UVERworld is a six-member rock group known as the band behind the theme song "D-Technolife" from the anime "Bleach" (2004-2012). Formed in 2000, it has released 11 full-length albums. UVERworld is beloved as one of Japan's representative rock bands, having played in major venues such as Budokan, the Tokyo Dome, and Nissan Stadium.

BY KIM MIN-YOUNG [kim.minyoung5@joongang.co.kr]

credit : JoongAngDaily

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/2024-07-28/entertainment/kpop/CNBlue-UVERworld-rock-together-with-Unlimited-Challenge-in-Seoul/2100133

CNBLUE's Jung Yong-hwa finds new inspiration from collaboration with UVERworld

9d04eabe-b953-476e-ac85-161a8b8e9444.jpg

By Lee Gyu-lee

K-pop rock band CNBLUE successfully held a joint concert with the popular Japanese rock band Uverworld, Saturday, at Korea University Hwajeong Gymnasium in northeastern Seoul, following their first concert together in Japan last month.

Under the title “UVERworld&CNBLUE SUMMER LIVE IN JAPAN and KOREA ~UNLIMITED CHALLENGE~,” the two-part concert was CNBLUE’s first concert collaboration and Uverworld’s first show in Korea in its 24-year career.

CNBLUE’s leader and vocalist Jung Yong-hwa shared that the concert collaboration with the Japanese group was a chance to spark fresh inspiration, recalling the two bands’ first concert in Yokohama's Pia Arena on June 15.

“I’ve performed many times as a vocalist but I've always felt the need for new inspiration. After watching Uverworld’s performance, I was overwhelmed by their energy and was incredibly shocked by their unique way of delivering messages and songs. That day, our members and I shared many conversations after getting a lot of inspiration,” Jung said during an interview with The Korea Times, held at the office of the band’s agency, FNC Entertainment, in Gangnam District, Seoul, Friday.

“Until now, I often thought that there’s not much stage production to do for a band overall, other than just band performance. But I was greatly moved by (Uverworld’s) intention to really convey its message and deliver true music by using LED screens to put up videos and lyrics … It was so well-structured so I thought to myself, 'I still have a lot to learn.’”

2d55ebf5-4c42-4bf8-9e4f-78ba12601359.jpg

The collaboration concert came with a simple suggestion from Jung when he connected with Uverworld's vocalist TAKUYA∞.

“We had so many things in common. I wasn’t eating flour at the time so had a gluten-free meal and he also had a gluten-free diet. Our interests were very similar, and our mindset about wanting to do live performances clicked,” Jung said.

“After that, we kept in touch and I talked about how great it would be to perform together and (he) immediately agreed to do it. It's such a meaningful connection."

TAKUYA∞ added he has been a fan of CNBLUE, saying he also respects Jung’s talent as a songwriter.

“When CNBLUE performed in Japan, I went to its concert as a fan. I've always thought they were an incredible band, so when I heard the suggestion to perform together, I jumped at the chance right then and there,” he said.

“Their songs are very high-quality that can be appreciated worldwide... I also really value Jung’s talent as a composer. Although we don’t have any joint performance together this time, I hope that someday I'll be able to sing a song that Jung has written."

61c50a32-e9a6-41b7-9895-755aae4141b0.jpg

Although the concert featured separate performances by each band, Jung said the process of preparing for the two-part concert still had meaningful lessons, even without any joint stages.

“(Starting with this concert,) I believe we'll gradually build up on our own story together. It's meaningful that both bands can watch each other's rehearsals and share the preparation process. And I think it also gave new inspiration and positive influences to the fans. This is our first collaboration, so I think this will lead to more exchanges in the future,” Jung said.

“It seems really great that we can positively influence each other, so we're planning to continue doing this in the future."

The two vocalists shared that these concerts were a chance to introduce each band to their own countries.

“Japanese rock bands tend to not pay much attention to their appearance, usually only focusing on their music wearing shabby clothes and shoes. I want to let people know that there are also beautiful bands like CNBLUE out there,” TAKUYA∞ said.

Jung also expressed excitement to help introduce a well-established Japanese band that is unfamiliar to Korean audiences.

“It's really regrettable that there are still people in Korea who don't know about such a great band. Uverworld is a band that performs in Japanese stadiums, so I think it's a wonderful opportunity to introduce such a great band to domestic fans,” he said, adding he hopes to further expand the chances with other bands as well.

“I want to continue to let more people know that there are great bands like Uverworld out there. And we don't get to experience foreign bands unless they come to Korea for a tour. So I hope there will be more opportunities to see fantastic performances in Korea."

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2024/07/732_379571.html

*** CNBlue  will be performing live on September 21st & 22nd at the Olympic Handball Stadium in Seoul titled "2024 CNBLUE LIVE - VOYAGE into X". Tickets will be available through Melon Ticket. Pre-sale for Weverse membership subscribers will begin at 8PM on August 8, tomorrow, while general sales will open at 8PM on August 14.   :cutekitty:

• 1 month later...

*** CNBLUE appeared on 'Tiny Desk Korea,' part of LG Uplus Studio X+U, which was released on September 13th. They delivered live performances of their hit songs. For me, 'Can't Stop,' is their signature sound. Jung Yong Hwa - SWOONS! 'Tiny Desk Korea' is a live music series set against the backdrop of a library, featuring musicians and band sessions. It features intimate live performances in a small concert format. CNBLUE is gearing up for their solo concert '2024 CNBLUE LIVE – VOYAGE into X' at the Handball Gymnasium in Seoul's Olympic Park on September 21st and 22nd. The band is also preparing a new album.

1726453565-2024-09-16-10.png

photo source : allkpop