[Drama 2021] The King’s Affection, 연모

ferily

ep15 rating came in 9.9%, so disappointed that it couldn't make a double digit rating as I think this is a pretty good episode!

I thought jiun's dad would come to his senses and he even killed commander yoon in the end! Who is with hwi when they are fighting against the uncle? the uncle faked his death and plotted to bring down hwi. in the manhwa, jiun got shot by an arrow when trying to save hwi! hope that's not the case!:tired:

• Like 2

Thanks for the info @ferily !:)

KBS’s “The King’s Affection” defended its position as the No. 1 drama in its time slot!

According to Nielsen Korea, the November 29 broadcast of “The King’s Affection” garnered average nationwide viewership ratings of 9.9 percent. This is a slight increase in ratings from the previous night‘s score of 9.6 percent, and it’s only a 0.1 percent difference from the drama’s personal best of 10 percent.

Read more: https://kdramabuddy.com/show-window-the-queens-house-kick-off-the-kings-affection-continues-winning-streak-at-no-1/#ixzz7DfXO76rZ

• Like 2

The more i see them together in ep15, the more dangerous i feel their situation is... someone is bound to see them... and im not talking about Jiun's dad... sigh...

Sometimes i wonder... is it so hard to just kill the grandfather?... set a trap when he is meeting her in the office and ask the royal guards on stand by.. and just kill the grand dad... this goes to all the dramas where the king is held against his will or a puppet against a powerful minister...... hmmm... 

• Like 1

Commander Yoon sacrificed himself for Kim Ga On's safety.....this might be the last straw for Jung Seok Jo for him to turn and help his son & the King now!

And that pesky uncle is back...good grief! He was about to strike the King when.....Jung Seok Jo came to the rescue!

Next week will be interesting....teaming up with the Uncle, Prince Wonsan will spread the rumour of the King only liking men and that will likely result in a rift between the King and Queen. These two will likely scheme against Lord Sangheon to try and get the crown back for Prince Wonsan. 

It will be interesting to see what the King will do..will "he" team up with Grandpa first to get rid of Prince Wonsan and the Uncle? 

• Like 4

First we got jealous Ji Woon and now we got jealous Hwi in the next episode :lol: Loving these jealous moments between the two of them haha..

Aw man though, Commander Yoon :bawling: He sacrificed himself to a) save Ga On and b) to get the ledger to Hwi…Ugh the good people always end up dying in these kind of dramas.. I hope now this will motivate Hwi more to bring her grandfather down.

but seriously now we have ANOTHER problem arising, which is the Uncle… Geez, Hwi cannot take a break in this drama especially since it looks like the uncle will spread rumors about Hwi being a girl..

We are down to the last four episodes of the show (what a journey it has been!!) so more and more people are bound to find out that Hwi is a girl. Really curious to see what the ending of the drama will be and please let us have our happy ending with Ji Woon and Hwi… I’m glad we got to see Ji Woon help out this episode with the poisoning of the late king and use his herbal knowledge/connections! Let’s see what will happen next week…

Also how did Ji Woon’s father know to show up there?! Even so, I feel like Jung Seok Ho might switch his loyalty from Sangcheon and end up dying or something protecting Ji Woon because a) he cares about Ji Woon more and b) with all the events that happened to him lately

• Insightful 2

Loved:

• Ji Woon's father is back in business and I like seeing his backstory with his friend. I wish it had been more integrated in previous episodes, but definitely added some humanistic element to someone who was just a cold blooded killer before.
  • More cute scenes with Hwi and Ji Woon which are always welcome.
  • Absolutely heart breaking to see Hwi loose another father figure but there's always a turning point where it's like okay you crossed a line and no holding back now. 

Not a Fan Of:

• The directing/editing and writing are definite weaknesses - penthouse reincarnations and this weird emphasis on an heir. I know the heir is important but we're beating this issue to death knowing that Hwi can't produce one. I have a feeling an outrageus twist/answer is going to be used.
  • Our supporting characters,who've been absent for a couple episodes are now all flowing back in. The room is starting to feel crowded because we're not sure why they're back or what they did while they were gone except the unrequited love situation.
  • The scenes are kind of.. choppy? and don't flow well from one scene to the next. 

I have a feeling next week will probably be frustrating as well but hopefully the ending will make it worth it.

Edited by zaizai00
  • Like 2

Done with ep 16. Commander Yoon death bring me to tears! Anyway Ji woon's father now has a hope to redeem himself. Probably he will die to save his child and Hwi. I don't like the fact about Ji woon marriage, maybe with Seo eun, i really don't like this kind of solution. Hwi will have a broken heart if Ji woon marries.:facepalm:

4 episodes left so i think we'll get a happy ending, i really hope it will be!:please:

• Like 1

Also ugh why does Ji Woon have to get marry :crybaby:  Maybe Ji Woon is doing it because his father and trying to protect Hwi..

Something else that was funny in this episode was when Hwi’s enunch went to check out why Ji Woon was meeting the Queen and kept giving him death glares, Lol! :loolz:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 episodes left, so now the enemies know it's a woman, practically everyone knows, I guess the next episode the secret will come out for everyone else, to prepare for the finale

My sexy bodyguard, I would have liked to see him in hot scenes with our lead female

• Like 2

@QSD i am waiting for the bts on this filming! :hooray:

It's so sad commander Yoon killed got killed like this! It's good to know that jiun's dad didn't have any intention to kill Yoon! Yoon is like a father to Hwi because Hwi knows how much he did for her since her birth. The cinematography is so beautiful shooting the sky scene at yoon's death!

I thought jiun's dad could easily kill the uncle since the uncle was already dead, but he would be around to spread the rumor in next ep! What will happen to these two characters - the evil uncle and hyun's brother? they might be wiped out by the evil grandfather?! 

Jiun's getting married won't be an issue if the pd has followed the manhwa, but I hope he doesn't follow to the end as it's just an awful, terrible ending. Yes, our only hope is jiun's dad will redeem himself and help hwi with the acupuncture technique that only he knows, and bless the couple with a happy ending and leave the messy palace! Maybe the grandqueen will help as she is kinda diff fm the grandqueen in the manhwa. 

Too many evil characters and plots in only 4 remaining episodes!!! I feel that the pd is a bit weak in producing this drama. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sanghyuk said:

@QSD i am waiting for the bts on this filming! :hooray:

It's so sad commander Yoon killed got killed like this! Yoon is like a father to Hwi because Hwi knows how much he did for her since her birth. The cinematography is so beautiful shooting the sky scene at yoon's death!

I thought jiun's dad could easily kill the uncle since the uncle was already dead, but he would be around to spread the rumor in next ep! What will happen to these two characters - the evil uncle and hyun's brother? they might be wiped out by the evil grandfather?! 

Jiun's getting married won't be an issue if the pd has followed the manhwa, but I hope he doesn't follow to the end as it's just an awful, terrible ending. Yes, our only hope is jiun's dad will redeem himself and help hwi with the acupuncture technique that only he knows, and bless the couple with a happy ending and leave the messy palace! Maybe the grandqueen will help as she is kinda diff fm the grandqueen in the manhwa. 

Too many evil characters and plots in only 4 remaining episodes!!! I feel that the pd is a bit weak in producing this drama. 

Chingu, could you tell me about Jiun (Ji woon) wedding in manhwa? He will get married for real?:criesariver:

• Blob 1

@lolly84 if it's not an issue, meaning that it won't happen! i will let you know the diff (if there is any) after the ep comes out! but at the end of the day, it's the pd and the writer's decision to follow the manhwa. but if they have jiun get married, then there's no point to watch this drama! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhUa5rsdjks

found this video about prediction of the drama for your entertainment, think it quite makes sense!

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1