[Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄

ferily

KBS Drama 2021

Seen from a Distance, Green Spring.

at-a-distance-spring-is-green2.jpg

Drama: Seen from a Distance, Green Spring (literal title)

Hangul: 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄

Director: Kim Jung-Hyun

Writer: Go Yeon-Soo, Ji Nyoong (original webtoon)

Network: KBS

Episodes: 12

Release Date: June 14, 2021

Runtime: Mon. & Tues. 21:30 KST

Plot

The handsome son of a wealthy family, Yeo Joon (Park Ji Hoon) had what most people could only dream of having. A first-year economics student at a prestigious university, Yeo Joon seems to be perfectly at ease, living up to everyone’s expectations of him. But what his charming exterior portrays is far different from what he keeps hidden on the inside. Hurting beyond belief, what Yeo Joon needed more than anything is a friend. Unfortunately, finding a true friend is a lot easier said than done.

Assigned to work together on a class project, Yeo Joon inexplicably finds himself drawn to his partner, Nam Soo Hyun (Bae In Hyuk). A third-year student in the same program, Soo Hyun is a straight A student who has no time for spoiled little rich kids. Despite their rocky beginning, Yeo Joon and Soo Hyun eventually begin to accept each other for who they are, and very slowly, a bond of friendship begins to grow between them. Polar opposites in every way, Yeo Joon and Soo Hyun have little in common but their friendship is real, providing them each the strength they need to take on the challenges they both face in life.

But their friendship is put to the test when Kim So Bin (Kang Min Ah) enters the scene. Will Yeo Joo and Soo Hyun’s unlikely friendship crumble when love begins to bloom?

Cast

Park Ji Hoon as Yeo Jun

E0b78XuVgAAYIZJ.jpg

Kang Min Ah as Kim So Bin

E0gz-e6VcAEbsae.jpg

Bae In Hyuk as Nam Soo Hyun

E0xgeH7VcAMbEXU.jpg

Na In Woo as Yeo Jun Wan

E1Tl7UbUUAA_9Ur.jpg

So Hee Jung as Cha Jung Joo

Kim Soo Kyeom as Nam Gu Hyun

Woo Da Bi as Gong Mi Joo

Choi Jung Woo as Hong Chan Ki

Bin Chan Wook as Jung Bum

Shin Su-hyun as Park Hye Ji

Lee Woo Je as Han Jung Ho

Yoo In Soo as Oh Chun Gook

Kwon Eun Bin

Cha Chung-hwa

Teaser

Relationship Chart

at-a-distance-spring-is-green.jpg

Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Like 4
  • Wiggle 1

@ferilyThanks.  I was looking for this. I had several post update on the original.

Blue Spring From A Distance

KBS

image cr: twt post

ImageImage

So  this is more like just bromance friendship with University slice of life theme. heartwarming charming and cute.

I don't know the cast actually. I only know Kang Min Ah because she was in Beyond Evil.

This is Park Ji Hoon who'll play the male lead. No idea who he is but he's....cute

cr@_parkforever

• Like 1

KBS doing a youth drama college style not and high school type. I like.

If you're wondering what the story is is about.

A coming of age story about young people in their twenties and the problems they face in university. Nam Soo Hyun and Yeon Joo, two boys with contrasting personalities, unexpectedly become friends when they work on a project together. Depicts the realistic worries and conflicts of university students in their 20's, centered around 3rd-year student Yeo Joon. Even though Yeo Joon has an attractive appearance and comes from a wealthy background, he carries pain inside. His character is a puppy-dog freshman who takes a liking to a sunbae and follows him around, leading to an unlikely friendship between two very different boys. (cr: mydramalist)

Park Ji Hoon is the male lead who follows his sunbae played by Bae In Hyuk I think.

Na In Woo from RWTMR.  He's got the autism  character here.  He plays our male lead's hyung.

I still no idea who he is our male lead. But that's him on the twt.

Kang Min Ah..on the set taking a break.

Bae In Hyuk. I guess he's the sunbae the our male lead will keep on following

Spoiler

Kim So Gyeom.. will play the younger brother of Bae in Hyuk's character

Spoiler

Yoo In Soo.. will play as a Student BJ who spreads rumors and gossips

Spoiler

Choi Jung Woo.  will play as Kang Min Ah's first love

Spoiler

Bin Chan Wook. Kwon Eunbin. So Hee Jung

Spoiler

• Like 2

I'm not expecting  something like thai bl or tw/ch bl even jp bl type of drama. I doubt if KBS will go all out. But  this will be more like bromance. Friendship. Uni life.

Cute. Looks exactly like.

Thanks viki.. gonna be sub.

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄 - Premieres June 14

The boys in this drama though.  Park Ji Hoon. Bae In Hyuk. Na In Woo. Kim So Gyeom.  Yoo In Soo. Choi Jung Woo. Bon Chan Wook.  Of course I'm not familiar with any of them. The names are familiar though.

Gives me tw/ch youth drama vibe.

Still have no idea who he is, but I want to watch a college drama. Hoping I'll enjoy this.  It's bromance. friendship. charming cute.

Park Ji Hoon Transforms Into A Handsome College Student In New Drama Based On Popular Webtoon

Upcoming KBS 2TV drama “At a Distance Spring is Green” has shared a first look at Park Ji Hoon in character!

“At a Distance Spring is Green” is a drama adaptation of a popular webtoon and will tell a realistic story of college students struggling to face a tough world.

Park Ji Hoon will play Yeo Joon, a handsome business student at Myungil University who comes from a wealthy family and has a sweet personality. His life seems perfect, but he has a painful scar that no one knows about. He will become intertwined in strange relationships with his senior classmates Kim So Bin (Kang Min Ah) and Nam Soo Hyun (Bae In Hyuk).

The new stills show Park Ji Hoon’s transformation into Yeo Joon. He brightens up his surroundings with his bright and youthful nature, and he always has a warm grin on his good-looking face.

“At a Distance Spring is Green” is scheduled to premiere in June and will be available on Viki.

park-ji-hoon.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467099wpp/park-ji-hoon-transforms-into-a-handsome-college-student-in-new-drama-based-on-popular-webtoon

• Like 1

If you're not familiar, watch her in brilliant drama Beyond Evil.

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “At a Distance Spring is Green” shared a sneak peek at Kang Min Ah’s character!

“At a Distance Spring is Green” is a drama adaptation of a popular webtoon and will tell a realistic story of college students struggling to face a tough world.

Kang Min Ah will be playing the role of college student Kim So Bin, who struggles in the face of the wall that is reality. She’s a third year student in the Department of Business Administration at Myungil University, but she suffers from disappointment and anxiety because her results don’t match her efforts. With her transformation into a college student with relatable concerns, Kang Min Ah will make young adults sympathize with her character.

In the newly released stills, Kim So Bin sports an adorable short hairstyle with bright pastel color clothing. Going up the stairs with two luggage bags in tow, Kang Min Ah flawlessly transforms into her character of a typical student in college.

The upcoming drama will depict the interesting campus story that unfolds as Kim So Bin becomes intertwined with fellow students Yeo Joon (Park Ji Hoon) and Nam Soo Hyun (Bae In Hyuk). Viewers are already looking forward to their first encounter and what message the drama will convey as these college students, each with their own circumstances and backgrounds, get to know each other. Check out Park Ji Hoon’s first stills here.

“At a Distance Spring is Green” is scheduled to premiere in June and will be available on Viki!

Kang-Min-Ah1.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467265wpp/kang-min-ah-is-a-relatable-college-student-in-upcoming-webtoon-based-drama-with-park-ji-hoon

• Like 2

The stills are coming.... This is bromance/ Uni life/ friendship. I think this will be shown after Youth of May.

KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “At a Distance Spring is Green” shared its first look at Bae In Hyuk’s character!

Bae In Hyuk will be playing the prickly and cold Nam Soo Hyun, who is a perfectionist. Nam Soo Hyun is a third year student at Myungil University, and he takes on part-time jobs without rest since he comes from a poor family. Due to his cold and unfriendly personality, he has varying degrees of conflict with the people around him. Furthermore, Nam Soo Hyun will add tension to the drama as he becomes intertwined in strange relationships with his classmates Yeo Joon (Park Ji Hoon) and Kim So Bin (Kang Min Ah).

In the newly released stills, Nam Soo Hyun exudes a cynical vibe. With a calm expression and emotionless gaze, he gives off a “bad boy” aura. However, behind his frigid gaze is a hidden story that no one knows about. Although Nam Soo Hyun doesn’t open up to anyone and voluntarily remains an outsider, viewers are curious to see how he’ll change as he gets to know Yeo Joon and Kim So Bin.

“At a Distance Spring is Green” is scheduled to premiere in June and will be available on Viki!

Bae-In-Hyuk.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1467814wpp/bae-in-hyuk-transforms-into-a-perfectionist-college-student-in-upcoming-drama-with-park-ji-hoon

More stills

And yep. Na In Woo also part of this drama. He's cast as the older brother of Park Ji Hoon And he's got autism in this drama.  We'll wait for his solo still cuts. In the meantime.....

Spoiler

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 12:22 AM, jongski said:

I'm not expecting  something like thai bl or tw/ch bl even jp bl type of drama. I doubt if KBS will go all out. But  this will be more like bromance. Friendship. Uni life.

Spoiler

Currently there are three seasons of this webtoons, I guess the drama is only going to depend on the first season, so it will be more about the lives of young students and friendships. The two males lead become very close and even Jun becomes quite possessive with his friend,a relationship sometimes ambiguous, apparently the writer had been criticized by the fans, for not having put the two male leads in a couple relationship with all these small affectionate gestures between them,  there is a lot going on, and there are also other characters and many other stories but I what I read after there will be a BL romance between the brother of the male lead and the second male lead, I'm not sure they'll show it here.

but given the summary on soompi, I have the impression that there will be a romance and even a love triangle with the female lead and the two males lead

At A Distance, Spring is Green / Blue Spring From a Distance.

ctto: twt/kbs

Stills of Kang Min Ah and Bae In Hyuk have been released for “At a Distance Spring is Green”!

The drama adaptation of a popular webtoon, the upcoming drama will tell a realistic story of college students struggling to face a tough world.

New images show Kim So Bin (Kang Min Ah) caring for Nam Soo Hyun (Bae In Hyuk), who has a small scar on his face.

In their third year at Myungil University, the two characters first meet by chance and then get entangled in a complicated relationship.

Both characters struggle with different aspect of their lives. Despite her extensive efforts, Kim So Bin is unable to achieve positive results in the harsh reality of the competitive world. Nam Soo Hyun maintains excellent grades even while working part-time, but he has trouble with social relations.

Spoiler

kang-min-ah-bae-in-hyuk.jpeg

“At a Distance Spring is Green” is set to premiere on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469032wpp/kang-min-ah-and-bae-in-hyuk-struggle-through-college-life-together-in-at-a-distance-spring-is-green

We mostly see high school bully angst drama trope. I want this upcoming drama  to be a good fun slice of life. Uni life. Anybody familiar with the works of the director?

Off Topic:  Best college kdrama to watch. I mean look at the writer and  the director. PSD first drama . Elsa Kopf music too.

Spoiler

Because It's The First Time.  I remember saying in the drama thread.. I feel sorry for the nes who hasn't seen the drama. Yeah still holds true.  The best college kdrama so far I've seen was BITFT (first drama of Park So Dam). It's really that ecellent! about 8 eps.The writing is high quality (writer of Five Enough ) directing is excellent! (Crash Landing on you,  Life on Mars, Criminal Minds  Good Wife, Heartless City). Give a try while waiting for your main drama to premiere.

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄 - Premieres June 14 @ 21:30 KST

The  boys in this  in this drama.  ngl tbh I don't know any of them but we watchin this y'all. 

Check previous posts if you want to know who they are.

Park Ji Hoon - Dongsaeng

Bae In Hyuk - Hyung

Na In Woo- Sunbae of Dongsaeng

Kim So Gyeom - donsaeng  of the hyung

Yoo In Soo- the college BJ

Choi Jung Woo- the first love

Bin Chan Wook - the college bff

Na In Woo will be making a special appearance in KBS 2TV’s upcoming drama “At a Distance Spring is Green”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “At a Distance Spring is Green” is a new drama about the realistic struggles of college students facing the harsh realities of a tough world. Park Ji Hoon will star as Yeo Joon, a business student from a wealthy family who seems to have it all, but secretly harbors a painful emotional wound. Kang Min Ah will star as Kim So Bin, an ordinary student who works hard, but struggles to achieve the results she longs for.

On May 14, the upcoming drama shared a sneak peek of Na In Woo’s special appearance as Yeo Joon Wan, the accomplished older brother of male lead Yeo Joon.

A genius who holds the titles of “the nation’s youngest person ever to receive his doctorate” and “youngest full professor,” Yeo Joon Wan seems to have everything going for him—but the tinge of sorrow in his gaze hints at a shadow of unhappiness looming over his brilliant life.

Additionally, Yeo Joon Wan and Yeo Joon are as different as brothers can get, making their relationship even more interesting. It remains to be seen what kind of painful secret the two brothers are hiding behind their outwardly perfect veneers.

The producers of “At a Distance Spring is Green” remarked, “Na In Woo, who previously starred in ‘River Where the Moon Rises‘ and proved his acting skills as the lead, will make our drama even more fun to watch by adding something new and different in the role of Yeo Joon Wan.”

They continued, “You can safely look forward to his chemistry with Park Ji Hoon, who will be playing his younger brother Yeo Joon, and you should keep an eye on the backstory of his character Yeo Joon Wan, who has both wealth and honor but is still unhappy.”

“At a Distance Spring is Green” premieres on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with English subtitles on Viki.

Na-In-Woo-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1469234wpp/na-in-woo-to-appear-in-new-drama-at-a-distance-spring-is-green-as-park-ji-hoons-brother

• Like 1

Think of this as School 2021 College version. All 3 leads in their early 20's :)

May 21, 2021
by E. Cha

Get ready to have your heart stolen by three very different male leads in a new KBS drama!

Based on a popular webtoon, “At a Distance Spring is Green” is an upcoming drama about the realistic struggles of college students facing the harsh realities of a tough world.

Park Ji Hoon will star in the drama as Yeo Joon, a business student from a wealthy family who seems to have it all, but secretly harbors a painful emotional wound. With his caring personality and handsome looks, Yeo Joon is immensely popular and loved by everyone on campus.

Spoiler

Park-Ji-Hoon2.jpg

Meanwhile, Bae In Hyuk will star as Nam Soo Hyun, a notoriously cold and unfriendly loner who faces many struggles in his life and has few friends.

Spoiler

Bae-In-Hyuk1.jpg

Finally, Choi Jung Woo will play the role of Hong Chan Ki, a charming and free-spirited player who is constantly switching girlfriends, but is somehow still impossible to hate.

Spoiler

Choi-Jung-Woo1.jpg

As the unrequited first love of female lead Kim So Bin (played by Kang Min Ah), Hong Chan Ki will hang around and spice up the drama with his unstoppable personality.

When Yeo Joon crosses paths with Nam Soo Hyun, who is essentially his polar opposite, sparks fly between the two as they wind up entangled in an unusual relationship.

“At a Distance Spring is Green” premieres on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1470342wpp/park-ji-hoon-bae-in-hyuk-and-choi-jung-woo-are-3-very-different-college-students-in-upcoming-romance-drama

May 25, 2021
by L. Kim

KBS has revealed its main poster for “At a Distance Spring is Green”!

This drama adaptation of a popular webtoon will tell a realistic story of college students struggling to face a tough world. It stars Park Ji HoonKang Min AhBae In HyukCLC’s EunbinWoo Davi, and Choi Jung Woo.

The newly released poster exudes warm spring vibes and includes the six main characters. Yeo Joon (Park Ji Hoon), Kim So Bin (Kang Min Ah), Nam Soo Hyun (Bae In Hyuk), Wang Young Ran (Eunbin), Gong Mi Joo (Woo Davi), and Hong Chan Ki (Choi Jung Woo) form a circle on the green grass. They look both content and peaceful as they lie there with gentle smiles on their faces. The only one who is sitting up is Yeo Joon. He was the only person who was posing differently in the teaser poster as well.

Yeo Joon is a handsome business student at Myungil University who comes from a wealthy family and has a sweet personality. His life seems perfect, but he has a painful scar that no one knows about. He will form relationships with the five other characters that will make him change and grow as a person.

The drama’s production team commented, “At first glance, young people in their 20s look happy and joyful, but everyone lives with their own worries. Even in the process of frustration and conflict with reality, they agonize together, comfort each other, and move forward. We hope you will watch and sympathize with the growing pains of these young people.”

“At a Distance Spring is Green” premieres on June 14 at 9:30 p.m. KST and will be available with subtitles on Viki.

at-a-distance-spring-is-green2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471068wpp/park-ji-hoon-kang-min-ah-bae-in-hyuk-and-more-are-ready-to-go-on-a-memorable-journey-in-at-a-distance-spring-is-green-main-poster

• ferily changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2021] Seen from a Distance, Green Spring, 멀리서 보면 푸른 봄 - Mon & Tues @ 21:30 KST - Premieres June 14

I keep posting here. This better be a good. My drama choices has never failed me.

May 28, 2021
by S. Nam

KBS 2TV’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “At a Distance Spring is Green” released new posters of Park Ji Hoon, Kang Min Ah, and Bae In Hyuk!

This drama adaptation of a popular webtoon will tell a realistic story of college students struggling to face a tough world. In addition to the three main leads, the drama also stars CLC‘s EunbinWoo Davi, and Choi Jung Woo.

The new posters convey a bright and refreshing atmosphere, but they hint that each character has a hidden story with their deep and meaningful gazes.

Park Ji Hoon plays Yeo Joon, who becomes the most popular student on campus as soon as he enters the university. With his good looks, amicable personality, and wealthy family background, Yeo Joon has it all. However, Yeo Joon has a sorrowful gaze as he looks far off into the distance in his poster, raising questions as to what his secret could be and how he’ll transform as he builds new relationships.

Kang Min Ah will transform into Kim So Bin, who gets discouraged in the face of reality because of her ordinary grades and background. In the poster, her beautiful smile is dazzling like the spring sun as it creates a fresh and youthful atmosphere, teasing Kang Min Ah’s dynamic portrayal of Kim So Bin. At the least, Kim So Bin won’t lose to anyone in terms of effort, making viewers anticipate her relatable campus story.

Bae In Hyuk will highlight the weariness of youth as he plays Nam Soo Hyun, who is known as a loner amongst the business administration department at Myungil University. Nam Soo Hyun is a perfectionist with a prickly personality; he voluntarily blocks off human relationships, and he’s always lacking sleep because he studies while working part-time. Although he seems cold, Nam Soo Hyun has a small smile forming on his face, expressing the two different sides of youth.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471776wpp/park-ji-hoon-kang-min-ah-and-bae-in-hyuk-prepare-to-face-reality-in-at-a-distance-spring-is-green-posters

There's Viki and then there's iQiyi.  Thanks to Viki this gonne be sub. yey. And then this will also be on iQiyi- (it's  like Netflix of China) they're like video platform like tencent ... the other smaller one is Youuku (where  you'd find Word of Honor cdrama  so good srsly)

• Like 1

There's teaser already. Feels angsty. This drama is a coming of age story. Heartwarming  friendship.

I'm gonna watch this because I like coming of age stories with good story and actors.

The director  Kim Jung-Hyun. When I checj, same director of Gentlemen's dignity Secret Garden Mischievous Kiss. Correct me if I'm wrong, okay. 

May 29, 2021
by E. Cha

KBS has shared a new preview of its upcoming drama “At a Distance Spring is Green”!

Based on a popular webtoon, “At a Distance Spring is Green” is a drama about the realistic struggles of college students facing the harsh realities of a tough world.

The newly released teaser begins with a famous Charlie Chaplin quote: “Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot.”

The clip then introduces Park Ji Hoon’s character Yeo Joon, who always wears a bright smile on his face and is surrounded by hordes of fawning girls wherever he goes. “Friends?” says Yeo Joon, in voice-over. “I’ve got lots of them. Ever since I went on that one orientation trip for new students, I even have my own fan club.”

Meanwhile, Bae In Hyuk’s character Nam Soo Hyun leads a lonely life that contrasts sharply with that of his popular classmate. As the exhausted Nam Soo Hyun rushes back and forth between school and various part-time jobs, he says in voice-over, “Dating? Leisure? A guy like me doesn’t get to do things like that.”

Finally, Kang Min Ah’s hard-working character Kim So Bin struggles to reconcile her dreams with her reality. As she toils away at the library, she laments in voice-over, “The only thing I was confident in was my work ethic, but now I’m no longer able to rely on that alone.”

Although Yeo Joon seems to have it all as a handsome, popular student from a wealthy family, the teaser goes on to reveal that he is hiding his own painful struggles. When he is alone, his signature beaming smile melts into a sorrowful expression, and he remarks sardonically, “The spring of youth is green? Who are they kidding? It’s only from a distance that spring looks green.”

In the meantime, check out the new teaser below!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1471880wpp/watch-park-ji-hoon-and-kang-min-ah-hide-their-wounds-in-emotional-teaser-for-at-a-distance-spring-is-green

• Like 1

Source:  https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000447257

Interesting how naver article describe and thought this drama as "campus version of "Misaeng"

Makes me want to watch this even more.  I'm waiting for this drama.

I still have no idea who is Park Ji Hoon... never seen any of his drama. I'm also not familiar with Bae In Hyuk and Na In Woo. only in name. Though I read thy're the next generation of kdrama male leads ( along LSY KYD LDY SK)