[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Immortal Samsara 沉香如屑

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

people were going nuts about that "end" hahaha

Sorry but it's just "spoiled baby talk" , compared to what "endings" we've got from, for example,Princess Agents and Scarlet Heart's (Kdrama) creators:crazy::D.

Looking forward to new episodes).

1 minute ago, leo2020 said:

Sorry but it's just "spoiled baby talk" , compared to what "endings" we've got from, for example,Princess Agents and Scarlet Heart's (Kdrama) creators:crazy::D.

I never managed to finish Princess Agents, always ditched it lol sorry and Scarlet Heart, never watched it.

45 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Oh jeez princess agents….. lol. They’re like yeah yeah season 2 will come out soon yep. Years later. Maybe.., then I read something that they are changing the actors???  No clue but it doesn’t make any sense to do it now since everyone got over the hype 

1 hour ago, ayleenlovesyou said:

I never managed to finish Princess Agents, always ditched it lol sorry and Scarlet Heart, never watched it.

Well, first literally ends with a cliffhanger in the middle of the original story (so half of original story was still to be shown), and later the original author was charged with plagiarism, which, with other things,  made S2 practically impossible.

The second one ends with uncertainty, that left the fans very sad (later it was confirmed they actually shoot the "certain" endong scene, that would have made everything relatively clear but the production opted for inconclusive ending instead).

1 hour ago, Keekiii said:

Oh jeez princess agents….. lol. They’re like yeah yeah season 2 will come out soon yep. Years later. Maybe.., then I read something that they are changing the actors???  No clue but it doesn’t make any sense to do it now since everyone got over the hype 

It's pretty impossible now, mainly bcs of plagiarism case, but also for a bunch of other reasons. 

And now PA leads are already shooting together again- but a completely different story))).

48 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Well, first literally ends with a cliffhanger in the middle of the original story (so half of original story was still to be shown), and later the original author was charged with plagiarism, which, with other things,  made S2 practically impossible.

The second one ends with uncertainty, that left the fans very sad (later it was confirmed they actually shoot the "certain" endong scene, that would have made everything relatively clear but the production opted for inconclusive ending instead).

It's pretty impossible now, mainly bcs of plagiarism case, but also for a bunch of other reasons. 

And now PA leads are already shooting together again- but a completely different story))).

Wait what do you mean the second one ended differently? Was there another ending or season 2 that I wasn’t aware of? They might as well just drop it and focus on a new drama lol. 

the first episode of season 2 is really fast paced and

Spoiler

filled with breakup scenes

can feel YuMo's sadness as his fairytale ends

Female lead unable to continue the flower spirit happy life after entire tribe gone

for this episode I rate it 8/10

next should be the bird spirit's background exposed as entire romance life is undercover mission

female lead captured by the human and male lead saving her and finally dying

male lead going back to the black smoke mirage world and the mystery bad guy using the opportunity to awaken his cannibal bloodline

male lead's upper generation story

10 hours ago, Keekiii said:

Wait what do you mean the second one ended differently? 

Spoiler

"The second one" refers to Scarlet Heart (Moon lovers). The ending they've shown in that drama was inconclusive and made fans to guess about some things. Later actor playing ML confirmed they actually also filmed another version, more conclusive ending,  which was not included in the drama.

• Love 1

What do you guys think of I guess the main villain in the first part ? 

Spoiler

I feel like they really overdid it with Ying Deng. She has sooo many scenes too. I saw that people were complaining that as the 3rd FL had more screen time than the 2nd FL. At first it was just the right amount but towards the end of part one omg she just kept coming back and appearing. I also felt that she really did not get what she actually deserved. I feel bad for the actress I think she got a lot of hate for this role 

Towards end of part 1 

Spoiler

I did really enjoy tang Zhou and yumo working together and their bantering. I think it’s silly YM thought TZ was general huode. I just can’t imagine that character reborn and being like TZ.  I saw in the trailer for 2nd part after the moral realm YY realized what he actually wanted and fought for it  

But I’m curious to know what you guys all thought of the characters!

It has been a while since I watched a Xianxia drama, I missed some of the well-known popular ones since Three miles blossom so to me Immortal Samsara is not as 'repetitive' or the 'same story' as some people commented. I went in without much expectation but was really surprised that it got me hooked and the main reason is really the main leads acting that brought the characters to life. Cheng Yi is a new found gem for me because I never saw any of his drama before this and Yang Zi is always on more checkout list for her drama because her acting never disappoint. 

Storyline wise I think the editing and some characters lack of development affects the flow and the pacing of the story. Ying Deng character doesn't make sense to me because she just come off a typical villain with no background that can be relatable (for me, even the most hateful villain should have some quality that make them pitiful, if not, as least reasonably unreasonable if that make sense lol) which makes her screentime quite unbearable. 

However, for the main leads' characters and storyline, this drama is so worth it. Ying Yuan and Yan Dan story is too beautiful and tragical in the heaven realm that it kept me engaged in the next phrase of their story. The only part that I felt they should focus on more is the dream where they both spend a lifetime together because this the main reason why their love became so deep and unforgettable which led to both of their suffering (one to remember and one to forget). 

In the mortal world, it is as if everything is restarted, and they get to be themselves and ironically, they still end up falling in love even if they are at 'opposite' side or forbidden, a yao hunter and a flower yao. Even as a new story, there were so many similar between their interaction and character traits compared in the heaven realm, that I want to give a thumbs up to the production team. It is actually quite sweet to see them fall in love again...

I did saw some comments that viewer felt pitiful for Tang Zhou because he is not Ying Yuan but getting Yan Dan's treatment because of Ying Yuan or that Tang Zhou is his own person and not Ying Yuan. To me, Tang Zhou is the real Ying Yan without the weight of the three realm or his birth heritage which allows him to be more care-free. Whether it is Ying Yuan or Tang Zhou, they are both brought up to be righteous, to battle the world's darkness, and to do good but they are both also 'naughty', playing trick on others, and not very forgiving (a trait that only Yan Dan see through ). Without the weight of Ying Yuan, Tang Zhou can easily give up and satisfy for love (same as the Yan Dan in the heavenly realm) whereas Yan Dan with her memories is more like Ying Yuan because she knows that Tang Zhou will need to go back to the heavenly realm and resume his duties. Why would she accept and live another lifetime with him (like in the dream) when she knows she will end up getting hurt again. 

I like the fact that I can 'get' both characters development and perspective (even though I feel sad for both of them); their actions make sense, and I can't wait to see continue development in which Yan Dan will understand Ying Yuan's responsibilities and the greater good vs Ying Yuan/Tang Zhou will understand love is not forbidden but is important for oneself. 

20 hours ago, BreezeC said:

Storyline wise I think the editing and some characters lack of development affects the flow and the pacing of the story. Ying Deng character doesn't make sense to me because she just come off a typical villain with no background that can be relatable (for me, even the most hateful villain should have some quality that make them pitiful, if not, as least reasonably unreasonable if that make sense lol) which makes her screentime quite unbearable. 

I agree it seems to be a bit choppy at times like they skipped some info. I did hear that this was supposed to be 80 episodes but was cut down. Which does explain it. 
I also agree with YD villain arc. I mean she literally has no past and was just extremely obsessed. . There’s nothing that happened to her that made her have all this hate. Now that’s someone that’s just born evil. 

19 hours ago, Keekiii said:

There’s nothing that happened to her that made her have all this hate. Now that’s someone that’s just born evil. 

On 8/21/2022 at 9:31 PM, BreezeC said:

Ying Deng character doesn't make sense to me because she just come off a typical villain with no background that can be relatable

Hi, I suppose it was explained - it's my understanding  Ying Deng first was a lamp/latern at YY's working table (?). It lasted for many years. At that time she already has fallen in love with YY. Then she cultivated herself a body and served as his maid (this role later went to Yan Dan when YY took Yan Dan to his palace). She hoped that after all this years she accompanied him he would eventually appreciate everything she's done and fell for her. That never happened, and what happened we've already seen in the drama.

I personally find it a really overused "cliché" kind of story, but they made it really small so I'm OK with that.

BTW, I'm now watching a drama I've missed last year 

Spoiler

No Boundary

and they have the exact Ying Deng- YY kind of story there, just that's a guy pursuing FL, hehe). 

I  haven't started S2, hope to watch new episodes today or tomorrow. Because the drama was cut I expect some plot "holes" there, but still very exited. 

Really enjoy the latest two episodes

Spoiler

YD forgive and understand YY. She finally understands the consequences of taking action without consideration. 

YD and TZ is back to their playful selves. So sweet :)

I actually quite like to see the friendship between YM and TZ, YM trust TZ on his promise and believe he have nothing to do with the kidnapping/killing of yao. They are both love rivals, but they respect each other and never hold any grudge against each other.

Also, I love seeing TZ wearing his heart on his sleeve...there is absolutely no hiding of his love for YD, such a contrast from YY!!! lol 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 7:30 AM, leo2020 said:

Hi, I suppose it was explained - it's my understanding  Ying Deng first was a lamp/latern at YY's working table (?). It lasted for many years. At that time she already has fallen in love with YY. Then she cultivated herself a body and served as his maid (this role later went to Yan Dan when YY took Yan Dan to his palace). She hoped that after all this years she accompanied him he would eventually appreciate everything she's done and fell for her. That never happened, and what happened we've already seen in the drama.

I personally find it a really overused "cliché" kind of story, but they made it really small so I'm OK with that.

BTW, I'm now watching a drama I've missed last year 

Hide contents

No Boundary

and they have the exact Ying Deng- YY kind of story there, just that's a guy pursuing FL, hehe). 

I  haven't started S2, hope to watch new episodes today or tomorrow. Because the drama was cut I expect some plot "holes" there, but still very exited. 

Yeah that’s what I mean by nothing really ever happened to YD she’s just obsessed. It’s not like oh ying yuan saved her or anything like that so it’s hard to relate.

Spoiler

Guess the only thing I can think of is imagining staring at someone for thousands of years and becoming super obsessed lol

Real quick in the latest ep 44 I dunno if I missed it or they just skipped it 

Spoiler

When yumo found the fake zilin and linlang in the cave all it shows is the guards grabbing the boy and yumo telling him to close his eyes. I’m not sure if my streaming didn’t load but the it goes to tang Zhou.. however back At yelan mountain zilin etc are saved and yumo made a comment about how zilin rushed to save linlang. Was that skipped entirely or I missed it? 

and with what hill you’re watching now 

Spoiler

I saw no boundary. I remember there being some confusion and then season 2 there were even more questions left unanswered. Overall the drama was enjoyable. The xianxia dramas are always super long too  

I did enjoy (not xian xia) moon brightens for you  took me alil to get into and I wasn’t a fan of the ML but it grew on me. 
just don’t watch ice fantasy lol. At first it was good but omg… that drama is filled with repeated slow mo back flashes and side stories. It also really annoyed me the ML is just I can’t lol. 

Edited by Keekiii
Added question

I am only at episode 38.

Are those two seriously enjoying a romantic boat ride on Wang Chuan? And lantern-lit to boot. With a Wang Chuan lantern of all things. Hilarious.

Beyond sweet though. I like the scene.

And now the memories are rushing back for her. Still a strong performance by them both here, though somehow I was expecting more.

I am determined, determined, to finish up season one and start on season two this weekend.

Hey they didn't deserve that. The poor butterflies.

I wish she would stop it already with the grievance. Dude did not let you down.

Choose love and you over all of the beings in all of the realms? You can't possibly or seriously expect that of him. 

Still on episode 39.

It was hard so hard for him to remove that bangle spell and let her go.

That moment when he said 寸步不离.

That was a good scene. Both of them did well. Especially the male lead. Even that unfortunate fashion choice could not put a dent in his performance.

And that song made everything feel so much sadder.

Demon Prince needs to stop dishing out advice. Two unsound advice in the same episode. Dude.

It would seem she is set on nursing that perceived grievance of hers. I am confused.

1 hour ago, ElleSor said:

Cheng Yi is really good with tears and angst.

In most of his dramas, he cries so well.

Yeah. Crying and hurting, all alone in the rain. The poor chap.

I fear that bangle is going to cut through his wrist one of these days.

And now please go home and change out of that outfit.

On 8/24/2022 at 2:46 PM, Keekiii said:

Real quick in the latest ep 44 I dunno if I missed it or they just skipped it 

He tells the boy to close his eyes and makes an attacking move with the fan. You can even see the power blast from the fan. 

Emm, I should say the beginning of S2 is really boring. There are some great moments, but they obviously talk too much and the story barely moves forward. Hope to see more starting from ep47.

Want to finally see the story of YY's parents. So far, from that moments they've shown us (and the trailer), daddy really was a bad, very bad and cunning guy))). I'm very pleased to see they invited Cheng Yi for this role, in love with the character in advance, hehe :w00t:. Waiting for the beauty of all beauties Zhang Zhixi to finally appear and beat that arrogant guy hard:lol:. I love her:wub: