[Mainland Chinese Drama 2022] Immortal Samsara 沉香如屑

sugarplum892

46 minutes ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

BTS

Ohh, thanks a lot for the subbed ones). They've clearly grown a lot as actors from the time of Noble Aspirations. But they are still playful and mischievous, as always :D. So happy for them).

watched up to ep15
i rate it 7.5 / 10 .... evidently not as good compared to 宸汐缘 2019 or 琉璃 2020
will update this rating in the future as the later parts are expected to be more tragic

in ep14 when he mentioned the dream butterfly

Spoiler

it meant the dream in ep11 was full length 1 lifetime like inception , not only 1 night duration
using only words to make it more tragic , scriptwriter did well on this part
the conversation with the kid , she meant whenever the kid is gone , they have intense intimacy thus she want to run away too from the exhaustion , he said "the kid is here , don't say that"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

watched up to ep15
i rate it 7.5 / 10 .... evidently not as good compared to 宸汐缘 2019 or 琉璃 2020

I'm with you on 7.5-8.0 for this drama. Well, I suppose the problem partly is that it came after the dramas you've mentioned, so we have already seen smth similar many many times.

Honestly, however, I do not want to compare it with previous xianxia, since it's inevitable the similarities will occur.  Also, we should keep in mind all the restrictions/rules for cdramas in general that should be followed in order to pass censorship. Those requirements clearly influence the creators ability to maneuver. For example, I've heard evil should always be punished, and is not allowed to win. No exceptions. 

Given all above, I just try to rate the drama quality as it is. 

This drama's real strength (as I mentioned before ) IMO are the actors who are doing a terrific job, vibe, dynamics and music. 

On 11/8/2021 at 2:35 AM, bluehibiscus said:

I like what I've seen so far but I think the drama may not be very faithful to the novel. In the novel, 

Hide contents

the female lead apparently ends up with Xu Mo. Many fans of the novel are not happy with the seeming focus on Ying Yuan in the drama.

I have not read the novel but I hope the FL ends up with Ying Yuan.

Maybe I'm the only one who agree that FL ends up with Yungmo. Somehow I just hate how Ying Yuan took that decision, he chose to abandon Yan Dan like that, so I need he got his own pains

On 7/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, leo2020 said:

So, it was really a climax? I initially thought the first scene of the first episode-

Hide contents

the bridge scene-is a mark/ direction the first part is moving to... Hmmm, is it not? 

For me the climax from part 1 is in episode 15, I have watched 2 times and that made me long ranting about Ying Yuan

5 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

Maybe I'm the only one who agree that FL ends up with Yungmo.

Spoiler

I wonder if it's possible here, bcs in the drama the young water dragon girl said Yungmo is her predestined "significant other" since he could ring her bell. So, if we think about how things like this tend to be solved in cdrama world, most likely  that girl should be killed off? That "predestined" thing was now officially claimed, so I suppose, it's a big deal...

BTW, do you like the actor playing Yungmo...I should confess he is a huge disappointment for me so far ( from all the cast...)

6 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

For me the climax from part 1 is in episode 15, I have watched 2 times and that made me long ranting about Ying Yuan

I'm at ep 14, so a bit behind. Will try to catch today)

50 minutes ago, leo2020 said:
  Hide contents

I wonder if it's possible here, bcs in the drama the young water dragon girl said Yungmo is her predestined "significant other" since he could ring her bell. So, if we think about how things like this tend to be solved in cdrama world, most likely  that girl should be killed off? That "predestined" thing was now officially claimed, so I suppose, it's a big deal...

BTW, do you like the actor playing Yungmo...I should confess he is a huge disappointment for me so far ( from all the cast...)

No I'm not his fans... but I only have long ranting about Ying Yuan... I dislike his one side decisions about Yandan... In episode 17 finally he regret his own decisions but later still choose to make one side decision about Yandan. 

He knew that he's fallen in love with Yandan, he also willingly confessed about his love and accepted the punishment of love, but he never put his mind on Yandan's POV, he never tried to understand Yandan's POV. Yingyuan as one of Great Deity, used that title and position made decision about the one and only woman he loved.

That's why I prefer Yandan end up with Yang Mo despite that actor's acting still is not as good as YZ nor CY here.

• Like 1

The actor played Yang Mo isn't very good. That I agree.

The drama had dramatized the story and Yingyuan's character.

Spoiler

In the book, Yingyuan did not recognize Yandan as the one who sacrificed for him because of misunderstanding. He met her when his eyes were hurt and could only remember her scent (the agarwood) that was similar to lotus. Because of that he mistook her sister for her since her sister was his attendant. Also, he could not understand his own emotion until after she already jumped off the bridge. When he finally realized it was her and she was the one he loved, he went to the mortal world to find her. Only it was too late, Yandan had totally given up on him and fell in love with Yang Mo.

Also Yang Mo in the book is nothing like the one in the drama. The Yingyuan in the drama would be very similar to the Yang Mo in the book: cold outside, warm hearted inside, preferred quietness but endured the chaos created by Yandan...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maria_m2me said:

I dislike his one side decisions about Yandan..

Well, it seems to be just a typical cliche, when one decides all (by her/himself) for the other, thinking "I know better". I can't say I dislike it, just hope for the story not to drag on [that] too much and move forward quickly. 

3 hours ago, rabbit_casa said:

The drama had dramatized the story and Yingyuan's character.

I wonder if they made changes partly bcs it was Cheng Yi who took the role. He is IMO particularly good at showing all that internal drama and torn feelings. P.S. thanks for the inside re the book content, if things are like that now I can understand why the fans of the book might be a bit disappointed. 

• Love 1

On 7/27/2022 at 6:52 PM, maria_m2me said:

In episode 17 finally he regret his own decisions but later still choose to make one side decision about Yandan. 

I've watched till ep18, last subbed episode avaliable. I felt the situation left him no choice, since

Spoiler

she should have crossed that river one way or another in order to stay alive. He couldn't watch her die, her spirit perish - just bcs he loves her, simply as that. She couldn't let go, so obviously he just did everything he could do so that she forgot him. They say love makes us do "stupid" things :wub:

Re the matter we discussed 

On 7/27/2022 at 6:52 PM, maria_m2me said:

Yandan end up with Yang Mo,despite that actor's acting still is not as good as YZ or CY here.

I'm now really disappointed in that actor:(. I like the character in general, his background story is very promising if we talk about sidestories in the drama, but that actor is ruining all created by the author with his poor acting abilities. I simply can't make myself like the "Yungmo" I see onscreen:mellow:...

BTW I'm very intrigued with that

Spoiler

"person in black" attack. I wonder who it might be.

And the story behind all that Sovereign Lords' sudden death now has more questions than answers...

The black hat is from very early episode , i think episode 1 , where the dark forces were planning on rebellion and invited a VIP guy to the desert outpost.

I don't fully understand it , it seems the actor have 2 role , maybe 1 as the dark side XuanXiang and second role is the black hat guy.

The actor was the monkey guy from 琉璃 2020

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

I don't fully understand it , it seems the actor have 2 role , maybe 1 as the dark side XuanXiang and second role is the black hat guy.

Wow, so it's also Fu Fang Jun?...Hmm, may be you are wright and he has 2 roles ... 

1 hour ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

The actor was the monkey guy from 琉璃 2020

Yep, I loved him there).

I've started watching this and I understand the previous comment about how it seems to have fallen flat a bit because there were already so many dramas with similar everything. The sets are similar, the clothes are similar, the genres are the same..etc.

Anyway, I am sticking to watching this because I like both leads and I feel that I will like the drama despite having a lot of commonalities with other previous shows. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 杨过是大哥哥 said:

Finally the plot went towards a new setting on ep19

ep 12 to 18 was too negative , if it continued any longer the show would fail , gives the vibe of 玉昭令 2021 where 80% of the show was negative

I find eps 19 and 20 really weak compared with previous ones. However I understand they need a kind of transition. Hope t gets better.

So far just want to say obviously nothing good comes from YuMo's decision to 

Spoiler

save the prince. 

Overall, since YuMo now has more screen time I'm very annoyed. I now remember this actor being in Pandora's box, and his performance was not very good there as well. 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:51 AM, leo2020 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ah just joined after seeing this and needed to response. 
I really dislike YuMo(yungmo? Or yumo?) this is the first time I’ve seen this actor too. At first I was a bit eh about his whole look.. (I hate how they add bangs to actors to represent them as “younger “ and then remove them as they mature in the drama) then I realized it’s also his acting. 
Now I’m not quite sure if it’s the voice actor that makes him seem bland and fake or just him… I’m going to watch him in something else just to compare and see. Sometimes the voice actor really just does not go well with the actor themselves. 

(Sry for another reply just joined and not used to this) 

I sorta feel like some ppl are not enjoying this as much as AOL or LR etc (other works the director and agency have done) is that they changed the structure of this xianxia. With others it starts off slowly but much more detailed as you get to know each char personalities and a bit of their past.
Then roll over to the villains etc 

Spoiler

With this drama I felt it was rushed in the beginning introducing numerous characters then jumping right to the jealous women/misunderstandings/conflicts  I don’t think they gave quite enough time for views to understand what is going on esp the whole realm structure.  Whenever there’s the jealousy and misunderstandings it just makes me cringe and anxious  so the beginning but was harder to get through . I’m hoping it’ll calm down I did see news about the most recent episodes that came out in china and it does seem much more interesting  

Has anyone seen 21/22? I only see it on daily motion but ads there drive me nuts lol.